PDA

View Full Version : Hated Losing To KSU But Snyder Has More Class in His Pinkie Finger Than Briles Has

FaninAma
11/8/2014, 03:51 PM
In his entire thug endorsing body. Or something like that.

Eielson
11/8/2014, 03:53 PM
It's true, but only because Briles has negative class.

SicEmBaylor
11/8/2014, 04:09 PM
The stupidest **** I read from you is football related. Stay out of the football forum so that my opinion of your IQ doesn't plummet. ;)

Nothing seems to pussify OU fans more than losing. It's a game. It's a rough game. OU used to know and understand this, and OU used to nearly murder other teams on the field leaving their bloody corpses for the buzzards. That's the way it ought to be. I ****ing hated it when, during our slim years, Baylor fans would bitch and bitch and bitch about being blownout and how it wasn't 'classy' or how the opposing defense was too 'rough' on our offense. For Christ's sake, it's football not duck duck ****ing goose.

The Boz would not approve of this ****. I love OU. Start acting like OU.

FaninAma
11/8/2014, 04:16 PM
Sic' em. I may act stupidly after a Sooner loss but it doesn't compare to the lack of intelligence and judgement you show by coming to this board and making posts like your last one. Sorry dude. Briles runs a thug program.

The sad thing is he really doesn't have to. He just seems incapable or unwilling to reign it in.

SoonerOX
11/8/2014, 04:16 PM
I agree with SicEm on this one. Baylor set out to dominate and they did. No more no less.

GDC
11/8/2014, 04:17 PM
The stupidest **** I read from you is football related. Stay out of the football forum so that my opinion of your IQ doesn't plummet. ;)

Nothing seems to pussify OU fans more than losing. It's a game. It's a rough game. OU used to know and understand this, and OU used to nearly murder other teams on the field leaving their bloody corpses for the buzzards. That's the way it ought to be. I ****ing hated it when, during our slim years, Baylor fans would bitch and bitch and bitch about being blownout and how it wasn't 'classy' or how the opposing defense was too 'rough' on our offense. For Christ's sake, it's football not duck duck ****ing goose.

God I miss the days of Baylor being irrelevant. However, my biggest concern is stoops letting OU plunge into irrelevancy.

SoonerMachine
11/8/2014, 04:20 PM
I agree with SicEm on this one. Baylor set out to dominate and they did. No more no less.

I agree. Nothing dirty about it...

SicEmBaylor
11/8/2014, 04:21 PM
Having said all of that, I hope to God Knight is okay. I want to see us *figuratively* murder our opponents, but I don't think anyone anywhere really wants to see anyone seriously hurt and injured. My best to him.

FaninAma
11/8/2014, 04:21 PM
They are quite capable of dominating without the cheap shots. 2nd year in a row a Baylor player's cheap shot has injured a vital OU player. Baylor was clearly the better team. The fact their players feel the need to take cheap shots is a reflection on their coaching staff.

Eielson
11/8/2014, 04:23 PM
I don't really care about the final score. I'm more concerned about putting Knight on a stretcher.

FaninAma
11/8/2014, 04:25 PM
Has Gary Patterson complained about any other team besides Baylor?

SoonerMachine
11/8/2014, 04:34 PM
Don't like it? Block better. It wasn't a cheap shot.

SicEmBaylor
11/8/2014, 04:36 PM
Has Gary Patterson complained about any other team besides Baylor?

Gary Patterson is a bleeding vagina, and TCU has more bad blood and history with Baylor than any time other than SMU.

GDC
11/8/2014, 04:38 PM
They are quite capable of dominating without the cheap shots. 2nd year in a row a Baylor player's cheap shot has injured a vital OU player. Baylor was clearly the better team. The fact their players feel the need to take cheap shots is a reflection on their coaching staff.

On the other hand, is the desire of OU's players to not come out to play the second half today a reflection of the coaching staff at OU?

FaninAma
11/8/2014, 04:44 PM
On the other hand, is the desire of OU's players to not come out to play the second half today a reflection of the coaching staff at OU?
Entirely a different topic but IMO yes. I'm not excusing the horrible job of preparing this team by our coaching staff but it doesn't excuse the cheap shot that for the second year has resulted in one of our premier players being seriously injured.

BermudaSooner
11/8/2014, 06:27 PM
Entirely a different topic but IMO yes. I'm not excusing the horrible job of preparing this team by our coaching staff but it doesn't excuse the cheap shot that for the second year has resulted in one of our premier players being seriously injured.

I was walking back to the car for the hit on Knight. All I know is the radio said it was a late cheap shot. I suppose once I am ready for it, I will look at the replay, but was it really a cheap shot? Radio said a forearm to the head after he was down.

SoonerorLater
11/8/2014, 06:31 PM
I was walking back to the car for the hit on Knight. All I know is the radio said it was a late cheap shot. I suppose once I am ready for it, I will look at the replay, but was it really a cheap shot? Radio said a forearm to the head after he was down.

It just old fashioned spearing so yes it was a cheap shot though not as flagrant as the shot on Shepard last year.

olevetonahill
11/8/2014, 06:58 PM
Just rewatched it again, Baylor #2 came in late leading with his forearm elbow to TKs head .

Ill call it a cheap shot.

Curly Bill
11/8/2014, 09:23 PM

Well said SicEm! If you get your a** handed to you as OU did today, take it like a man.

aurorasooner
11/8/2014, 09:44 PM
It's pretty hard to be as cool or gentlemanly on the field as Snyder. After that Lockett KO return was called back for a questionable hold right before the half, they showed the sideline and a KSU assist coach was going crazy, and Snyder never missed a beat, just as cool as ice water. It looked like he told the assistant "that's enough", and that was the end of it.
As far as the hit on TK it was maybe questionable and might should have drawn a roughing flag, but to blame Briles for coaching thug behavior and having no class just wasn't the case today, imo.
We got out-coached plain and simple today and our coordinators were completely dominated.

bluedogok
11/8/2014, 10:09 PM
Just rewatched it again, Baylor #2 came in late leading with his forearm elbow to TKs head .

Ill call it a cheap shot.
I concur, it amazed me with all of this focus on head shots that it was hardly mentioned that he was already down on the ground having been tackled by two other players when a near 300 lb. tackle gave Knight a forearm shiver to the head. Should have been a late hit at a minimum and a targeting with ejection, there was no need in that crap. Baylor did play less "thuggish" than they typically do other than the motor mouth receivers and DB's trash talking, they didn't have their typical late hit crap for the most part. I don't think Briles or Bennett coaches the thug behavior, I think it just comes naturally to many of their players and they don't really do anything about it.

FaninAma
11/8/2014, 10:58 PM
Well said SicEm! If you get your a** handed to you as OU did today, take it like a man.
Commenting on cheap shots by opposing players has nothing to do with taking it like a man. And WTF does watching a college football game have to do with being a man or maybe I missed the part where you or somebody in your family was down on the field playing.

EatLeadCommie
11/8/2014, 11:06 PM
It was a bang bang play. Quit whining. We got our anuses handed to us. Again. I will always like Briles simply for the fact that he hates that whiny b**ch Patterson.

Curly Bill
11/9/2014, 12:19 AM
Commenting on cheap shots by opposing players has nothing to do with taking it like a man. And WTF does watching a college football game have to do with being a man or maybe I missed the part where you or somebody in your family was down on the field playing.

Or maybe your reading comprehension is shaky?

But whine some more about the other team being a bunch of ol meanies to us - looks real good on an OU fan.

Tear Down This Wall
11/9/2014, 12:22 AM

But whine some more about the other team being a bunch of ol meanies to us - looks real good on an OU fan.

Especially when we have a thread on here praising Brian Bosroid for his brashness and on the field stupidity from back in the day.

FaninAma
11/9/2014, 09:52 AM

You are the one lacking the reading comprehension. I have stated repeatedly Baylor is the far superior team. My comments were directed at the fact that Baylor seems to have a need to take cheap shots in order to prove their dominance. In this day and age of heightened awareness of football related injuries that is attention that Baylor's coaches really don't want. I enjoy football but I am also smart enough to see where this whole issue of football related injuries is headed. Inflicting unnecessary injuries like Baylor does just gives the naysayers more ammunition.

But just continue with your faux macho bravado. I'm sure that type of rhetoric will carry a lot of weight in the legal system when the class action lawsuits start rolling in against not just the NFL but college teams also. And watch what happens when they go after the manufacturers of football equipment.

Soonerjeepman
11/9/2014, 10:07 AM
got to agree, it was a bang/bang play...

*BUT Knight was clearly being tackled WAY before this 6'8 290 dude decided he was adding to it...AND he led with his forearm and targeted his head AND followed through. Watch the replay.

bu was clearly the better team and kicked the living $hit out of OU..

*doesn't mean we can't bring that play up. I hope Stoops does that to the league.

We loved the Boz

*times have changed...much more emphasis on player safety.

FaninAma
11/9/2014, 10:23 AM
http://www.fromtherumbleseat.com/2013/11/10/5087870/is-the-end-of-football-coming-to-a-university-near-you

High Schools are dropping football due to costs and the injury issue. Teams like Baylor do not aid the argument for not doing so.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
11/9/2014, 01:49 PM
I concur, it amazed me with all of this focus on head shots that it was hardly mentioned that he was already down on the ground having been tackled by two other players when a near 300 lb. tackle gave Knight a forearm shiver to the head. Should have been a late hit at a minimum and a targeting with ejection, there was no need in that crap. Baylor did play less "thuggish" than they typically do other than the motor mouth receivers and DB's trash talking, they didn't have their typical late hit crap for the most part. I don't think Briles or Bennett coaches the thug behavior, I think it just comes naturally to many of their players and they don't really do anything about it.Well said, and it's truly terrible officiating that there was no penalty nor ejections.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
11/9/2014, 01:52 PM
You are the one lacking the reading comprehension. I have stated repeatedly Baylor is the far superior team. My comments were directed at the fact that Baylor seems to have a need to take cheap shots in order to prove their dominance. In this day and age of heightened awareness of football related injuries that is attention that Baylor's coaches really don't want. I enjoy football but I am also smart enough to see where this whole issue of football related injuries is headed. Inflicting unnecessary injuries like Baylor does just gives the naysayers more ammunition.

But just continue with your faux macho bravado. I'm sure that type of rhetoric will carry a lot of weight in the legal system when the class action lawsuits start rolling in against not just the NFL but college teams also. And watch what happens when they go after the manufacturers of football equipment.Excellence in Posting!

aero
11/9/2014, 02:00 PM
speaking of the Boz. Most of you remember and for those that don't watch some film of him playing at OU. If we had a few players like that we wouldn't be drowning in our tears right now.

Curly Bill
11/9/2014, 05:26 PM
speaking of the Boz. Most of you remember and for those that don't watch some film of him playing at OU. If we had a few players like that we wouldn't be drowning in our tears right now.

But don't like you like Sooner fans stooping (see what I did there?) to saying how the other team was being big ol meanies? Bahahahaha

FaninAma
11/9/2014, 06:46 PM
Curly, nobody is saying Baylor won because of the cheap shot or that it in any way excuses the pathetic performance of our coaching staff. This is a separate issue. If you really think the hits on Knight and Shepard last year have a place in college football then we'll have to agree to disagree.

CatfishSooner
11/9/2014, 08:24 PM

**** YOU LITTLE **** BITCH

aero
11/9/2014, 08:33 PM
But don't like you like Sooner fans stooping (see what I did there?) about the other team being big ol meanies? Bahahahaha

I don't recall stating a position on the matter. But since you brought it up, I don't care for what was posted but probably some truth in it. I've never cared for crowing too loudly after a win and I don't care equally for bitching about the other team after a loss. There was a time OU was the bully but seems like more and more we're becoming other teams beyotch and stepping stone.

SicEmBaylor
11/9/2014, 08:42 PM
**** YOU LITTLE **** BITCH

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wlMwc1c0HRQ