PDA

View Full Version : Sooner8th, I Sincerely Would Like To Hear Your Opinions Re: The Recent Election

FaninAma
11/7/2014, 03:54 PM
I think I know what they are because I have read a few editorial comments from writers at the NYT and Huffington Post. Essentially they believe everybody who voted for the GOP are a bunch of uneducated, inbred rednecks or are very gullible and have been brainwashed by Fox News. They are in severe denial and think Obama needs to issue a flurry of executive orders while vetoing everything that the GOP sends to him. Paul Krugman's little temper tantrum was one of the most enjoyable opinion pieces I have read in a long time.

THE TRIUMPH OF THE WRONG:

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/11/07/opinion/paul-krugman-triumph-of-the-wrong.html?ref=opinion&_r=1

OMG, the butt hurt arrogance and elitism in this article and the comments section is palpable.

REDREX
11/7/2014, 04:13 PM
Well lets see-The Dems have lost 14 Senate seats ----71 House seats ---and 10 Govs since Barack took office----I hope he keeps up the good work

olevetonahill
11/7/2014, 05:01 PM
He's still hiding and licking his balls
Im still gonna ax him my question when /IF he ever shows back up/.
/

SoonerorLater
11/7/2014, 05:19 PM
He'll be back. I imagine he has gone on his own vision quest. Somewhere on the highest mountain peak 8th is summoning is inner Saul Alinsky and will be back more petulant then ever loaded with irrelevant charts and graphs.

Sooner8th
11/7/2014, 05:42 PM
He's still hiding and licking his balls
Im still gonna ax him my question when /IF he ever shows back up/.
/

You do not want to "Sincerely Would Like To Hear Your Opinions Re: The Recent Election". Look at what you put above about me licking my balls. It just goes to show you don't know anything about me. I was traveling for work, IN THE PRIVATE SECTOR.

If you want to know my opinions then here they are - this is a typical mid term election in the second term. You and your are crowing about a total repudiation of the leftist and his policies and agenda by losing 7 to 9 seats, screaming the American people don't like liberal policies. Hell reagan lost 8 senate seats and Ike lost 13 in their second term midterms, we didn't drop our pants get in a circle with our fellow liberals and start to pleasure ourselves over it and you guys didn't freak out and capitulate to the democrats.

Mid terms always favor republicans, because fewer democrats vote in them, why do you think your party is trying so hard to limit voting? 42% of registered voters voted this cycle as compared to 62% in '12.

You can blame this on obama and reid, not for their policies 'cause 4.6% and 3.5% gdp the last two quarters and 209k PRIVATE SECTOR jobs the last month to go along with over 200k jobs per month the last 7 month and the lowest first time jobless claims 4 week moving average since 2000 don't lie. His policies and agenda are working. It's that reid was too much of a ***** to take the republicans marching to rush's order to "use every legislative tactic available" to thwart what we wanted to do while hoping and praying for America to fail and change seriously and change the rules so we could get some things accomplished. That health care fight was just plain stupid and never should have taken so long, we kept trying to change it appease republicans on their own policy. Should have opened up medicare to be available to be purchased for coverage and left it at that.

As for obama he should have been crowing everyday about how well the economy is doing, of course there is work to do - income and hours worked need to go up, but that will come as employment keeps going up.

Obama and Reid should have woken up everyday like dubya and rove did thinking what can we do for our base today, instead of being worried about what the right was going to say. When you guys had a chance in the last farm bill, you rewarded and bought more votes by INCREASING farm subsidies to your base.

So keep on gloating and puffed up, let's treat this election like you did in 2008, just wait till the next election when "real" Americans vote and see what happens.

If my cowardly, chicken **** conservative house rep or senators had the balls to have a town hall meeting, I'll show up waving a tiny American flag crying - I WANT MY COUNTRY BACK!

FaninAma
11/7/2014, 05:55 PM
Kudos for replying. I must say that your opinion was much more mature and introspective than most of the progressive bloggers I have read today. A question I have for you is why didn't the electorate perceive how well the economy is doing? My contention is that the macro headlines(the unemployment numbers and the average GDP numbers) did not mask what many voters were seeing in their own lives.

BetterSoonerThanLater
11/7/2014, 06:37 PM
Kudos for replying. I must say that your opinion was much more mature and introspective than most of the progressive bloggers I have read today. A question I have for you is why didn't the electorate perceive how well the economy is doing? My contention is that the macro headlines(the unemployment numbers and the average GDP numbers) did not mask what many voters were seeing in their own lives.

Hey 8th , see what happens when you're civil? People respond in a civil manner. Was that's so difficult? I still picked up a little doughy-ness, but not nearly at your usual level.

Thanks

SoonerorLater
11/7/2014, 07:50 PM
You can blame this on obama and reid, not for their policies 'cause 4.6% and 3.5% gdp the last two quarters and 209k PRIVATE SECTOR jobs the last month to go along with over 200k jobs per month the last 7 month and the lowest first time jobless claims 4 week moving average since 2000 don't lie

They may not lie but they don't tell the whole story either. Stockman breaks it all down better than anybody else

http://davidstockmanscontracorner.com/category/stockmans-corner/

and NO this isn't a 'rightwing nut website'

rock on sooner
11/7/2014, 10:01 PM

I'll add a small perspective about the electorate....I can't speak to the national aspect but
statewide here in Iowa, it was a complete flood of personal attacks to both sides. Nowhere
was there much of an issue campaign. The rising star for the Pubs made her bones talking
about castrating hogs...when she was asked about specific issues she reverted to Pub talking
points. She even refused (too busy) to sit down with the Des Moines Register (just like her
mentor, gov. Branstad). The Dems fell into the same old, same old...let's let a recovering
economy speak for itself..more jobs, a rocking stock market, lower gas prices, low inflation,
etc. etc. On the other hand, the out of state money (thank you, Citizen's United!) poured in
to hammer on a Dem mistake and truly poisoned the electorate. The Rove mantra..shout loud,
long and often, with veracity in question, and they will believe!

Full disclosure here, the Dem candidates were inept and ran poor campaigns and got what they
deserved, imo. Having said that, I hope that 2016 brings a reversal in the Senate (I think it will).
So much depends on the quality of the candidates. and the quality of the message presentation.

Judging from the number of emails that I have received, the work is already afoot, so we will see.

Sooner8th
11/8/2014, 11:09 AM
Hey 8th , see what happens when you're civil? People respond in a civil manner. Was that's so difficult? I still picked up a little doughy-ness, but not nearly at your usual level.

Thanks

So what you are saying is as long as I ignore the insults and snide comments from olevet and others, I'm ok?

I'd like to see you complain and/or call out olevet about his behavior as much as you do mine.

olevetonahill
11/8/2014, 11:10 AM
So what you are saying is as long as I ignore the insults and snide comments from olevet and others, I'm ok?

I'd like to see you complain and/or call out olevet about his behavior as much as you do mine.

This is rich LOL

Sooner8th
11/8/2014, 01:56 PM
This is rich LOL

Hell your second post said I'm licking my balls. GGGEEEEZZZZZ

Curly Bill
11/8/2014, 08:58 PM

Why are you licking your own balls? Is Barry holding out on you?

olevetonahill
11/9/2014, 12:09 AM

Why are you licking your own balls? Is Barry holding out on you?

It was my Mistake yet an honest one . He was licking Bracks Balls
My bad. :highly_amused:

IGotNoTiming
11/9/2014, 10:05 AM
Sooner 8th,
Olevet is harmless and a nice guy,sometimes he is really good at getting your goat. I have seen in the past when you make a relevant post only to get drawn into going completely off topic and get sucked into 7th grade vitriol. Don't let it happen. You do know that is what is trying to be done? There are several guys on this board that will neg speak me in heart beat instead of engaging in dialogue. Several years ago, I used to get pissed now I laugh.Just thicken up your skin and remember none of this means anything. People are just having fun.

IGotNoTiming
11/9/2014, 10:13 AM
On topic, I read a great editorial (lengthy)on why the dems lost and I quite frankly agree with it. Buckle in if you dare...
http://www.stonekettle.com/2014/11/ted-nugent-is-just-fine-and-so-are-you.html?spref=fb

Soonerjeepman
11/9/2014, 10:21 AM
I agree with Rock, I was really sick of hearing BOTH sides do nothing but complain about each other. With that said, I still voted for the platform I agree with.

Ya know 8th you CONTINUE to push the "private" sector job thing. So, tell me, since I'm a "gov employee - a teacher, on the gov payroll...the cushy job area"...you don't call teachers, police, firefighters, highway maintenance workers, etc...any of us worth a $hit?

IF I charged to educate YOUR kids what the going rate is for day-care I'd make a hell of a lot more, and it'd cost you a hell of a lot more.

olevetonahill
11/9/2014, 10:30 AM
Sooner 8th,
Olevet is harmless and a nice guy,sometimes he is really good at getting your goat. I have seen in the past when you make a relevant post only to get drawn into going completely off topic and get sucked into 7th grade vitriol. Don't let it happen. You do know that is what is trying to be done? There are several guys on this board that will neg speak me in heart beat instead of engaging in dialogue. Several years ago, I used to get pissed now I laugh.Just thicken up your skin and remember none of this means anything. People are just having fun.

Are you calling me a trouble making rabble rouser ? :highly_amused:

IGotNoTiming
11/9/2014, 12:11 PM

Lol...no but like my wife you have incredible timing with words, usually witty and sometimes well thought out

okie52
11/9/2014, 12:12 PM

You're a dam internet bully!!!

FaninAma
11/9/2014, 01:14 PM
On topic, I read a great editorial (lengthy)on why the dems lost and I quite frankly agree with it. Buckle in if you dare...
http://www.stonekettle.com/2014/11/ted-nugent-is-just-fine-and-so-are-you.html?spref=fb

Read it and it follows the same meme as the other butt hurt liberal bloggers. When you start out with an epithet for the Tea Party you lose all credibility. You guys act like the Dems actually had a record to run on but the voters were just too stupid to recognize it or your candidates were too stupid to run on that record.

The Democrats had no record other than massive spending via government debt or the Fed printing money. Obama is incompetent. Everybody knew it. The economy sucks and everbody except Obama, the 1 per centers and denizens of DC knew it.

The simple truth is the Federal government leviathan is too large and inefficient to accomplish anything other than enrich the jackasses who infest DC for the sole purpose of sucking up tax dollars. So I expect the schizophrenia from the electorate to continue because they can't figure out why nothing gets done or if something does get done it turns out to be a fiasco like the ACA.

Sooner8th
11/9/2014, 04:51 PM
I agree with Rock, I was really sick of hearing BOTH sides do nothing but complain about each other. With that said, I still voted for the platform I agree with.

Ya know 8th you CONTINUE to push the "private" sector job thing. So, tell me, since I'm a "gov employee - a teacher, on the gov payroll...the cushy job area"...you don't call teachers, police, firefighters, highway maintenance workers, etc...any of us worth a $hit?

IF I charged to educate YOUR kids what the going rate is for day-care I'd make a hell of a lot more, and it'd cost you a hell of a lot more.

WOW - AGAIN, I was not me saying that, I was quoting CONSERVATIVES/REPUBLICANS. Please try to keep up.

And yep - I got me one of those PRIVATE SECTOR JOBS, I have never ever had a government job.

Sooner8th
11/9/2014, 04:57 PM
Sooner 8th,

You have it wrong, olevet is an *******. He gets grade school giggles from name calling, and like a typical bully he can dish it but he can't take it. See above. I have told you before - I am not some limp wrist-ed, spineless, ***** *** liberal who is going to take being called names. These guys can sure dish it but can't take it. I called out them out and they responded like I KNEW they would respond, not even having the courtesy to hide it. Check my new signature to see the hypocrisy of the these people.

They just thicken up their skin and remember none of this means anything. I am just having fun.

Turd_Ferguson
11/9/2014, 05:07 PM
You have it wrong, olevet is an *******. He gets grade school giggles from name calling, and like a typical bully he can dish it but he can't take it. See above. I have told you before - I am not some limp wrist-ed, spineless, ***** *** liberal who is going to take being called names. These guys can sure dish it but can't take it. I called out them out and they responded like I KNEW they would respond, not even having the courtesy to hide it. Check my new signature to see the hypocrisy of the these people.

They just thicken up their skin and remember none of this means anything. I am just having fun.

You ain't noth'n but a limp wrist-ed, spineless, ***** *** liberal. Now, go make your husband a sammich, bitch!

Sooner8th
11/9/2014, 05:08 PM
Read it and it follows the same meme as the other butt hurt liberal bloggers. When you start out with an epithet for the Tea Party you lose all credibility. You guys act like the Dems actually had a record to run on but the voters were just too stupid to recognize it or your candidates were too stupid to run on that record.

The Democrats had no record other than massive spending via government debt or the Fed printing money. Obama is incompetent. Everybody knew it. The economy sucks and everybody except Obama, the 1 per centers and denizens of DC knew it.

The simple truth is the Federal government leviathan is too large and inefficient to accomplish anything other than enrich the jackasses who infest DC for the sole purpose of sucking up tax dollars. So I expect the schizophrenia from the electorate to continue because they can't figure out why nothing gets done or if something does get done it turns out to be a fiasco like the ACA.

First off, you need to understand that the tea party was hurt in this election. In comparison to 2012 the field of candidates your party fielded was much more moderate this time. McConnell has already pissed on your lead agenda item - repealing the ACA. The rest of the teabaggers has been marginalized. Calls for another government shut down were met with laughter from the semi-adults who are in charge of the republican party and quickly dismissed.

Everyone doesn't know the economy sucks, 4.6% and 3.5% gdp growth over the last two quarters and over 200k jobs - PRIVATE SECTOR mind you - created each month for the last 7 months say otherwise. If obama's economy sucks - tell me - what did you call dubya's 1.67% gdp and losing 825,000 PRIVATE SECTOR jobs over eight years economy?

Sooner8th
11/9/2014, 05:15 PM
You ain't noth'n but a limp wrist-ed, spineless, ***** *** liberal. Now, go make your husband a sammich, bitch!

Oh you dumbass, inbread, redneck, hypocrite hillbilly why don't you go exercise the freedoms republicans really care about and get into your dually four door pickup and go get yourself an xxxxl soda. Don't forget about getting some incandescent light bulbs!

CRAP - I forgot lemming....my bad.

REDREX
11/9/2014, 06:20 PM
With the price under $80 oil and gas companies will slow down ---It will take a few months but it is coming----That will slow down job growth

IGotNoTiming
11/9/2014, 07:32 PM

The Democrats had no record other than massive spending via government debt or the Fed printing money. Obama is incompetent. Everybody knew it. The economy sucks and everbody except Obama, the 1 per centers and denizens of DC knew it.

Eh.... I disagree with your take entirely. The Dems lost it...for themselves, not that big of a deal. The world will not stop turning. This will always balance out. I think if you made it to the end of the piece the author made that pretty clear... I am convinced both parties are full of **** . The pubs don't have any better leadership than the dems. If you think Boner or McConnell are examples of good repub leadership then we are on 2 different planets...and that's okay I guess

Sooner8th
11/9/2014, 07:42 PM
With the price under $80 oil and gas companies will slow down ---It will take a few months but it is coming----That will slow down job growth

Oh yeah another just wait until the other shoe drops, just like when you all were claiming the stock market was "in freefall". Now it is in record highs - again.

OBAMA, OBAMA, OBAMA, OBAMA!

Curly Bill
11/9/2014, 07:47 PM
Oh yeah another just wait until the other shoe drops, just like when you all were claiming the stock market was "in freefall". Now it is in record highs - again.

OBAMADONG, OBAMADONG, OBAMADONG, OBAMADONG!

Someone's fired up!

REDREX
11/9/2014, 07:58 PM

OBAMA, OBAMA, OBAMA, OBAMA!----You know nothing about crude oil----- The Saudis want it below $80---until they change their mind it will not go up

Sooner8th
11/9/2014, 08:00 PM
----You know nothing about crude oil----- The Saudis want it below $80---until they change their mind it will not go up

So you mean having oil production in America go up by 50% since Obama became president has nothing to do with the price of oil?

REDREX
11/9/2014, 08:07 PM
So you mean having oil production in America go up by 50% since Obama became president has nothing to do with the price of oil?--- Production went up on private land due to price and new tech----production went down on public land because of the road blocks put up by Barack and the boys---The $100 price allowed drilling, it could have been on public land also but no-----World wide demand is down and the Saudis want market share back . Tell me one thing Barack did to encourage drilling?

IGotNoTiming
11/9/2014, 08:09 PM

Our thirst for all things petroleum will eventually be our downfall. That industry doesn't care about anything but profit... When they are protected by law from divulging chemicals that are poisoning our drinking water, eventually they will be sitting on a huge pile of money and dying from dehydration. It is sad when we value money over everything else. It is not ethical, moral, and it is certainly not Christian.

Sooner8th
11/9/2014, 09:48 PM
--- Production went up on private land due to price and new tech----production went down on public land because of the road blocks put up by Barack and the boys---The $100 price allowed drilling, it could have been on public land also but no-----World wide demand is down and the Saudis want market share back . Tell me one thing Barack did to encourage drilling?

What does olevet say? Spin, deflect bah bah bah. Answer the question. Oil production going up by 50% since obama got into office had no effect on oil prices?

REDREX
11/9/2014, 10:45 PM
yes ---price went up ---people drilled----demand fell ---SO WHAT ----Barack had nothing to do with it---Name one thing Barack did to encourage new production----Answer the question

REDREX
11/9/2014, 10:57 PM
Somebody please help 8th out and list one thing that Barack did that helped to increase oil production

BetterSoonerThanLater
11/9/2014, 10:59 PM
Somebody please help 8th out and list one thing that Barack did that helped to increase oil production

** crickets***

Soonerjeepman
11/9/2014, 11:26 PM
WOW - AGAIN, I was not me saying that, I was quoting CONSERVATIVES/REPUBLICANS. Please try to keep up.

And yep - I got me one of those PRIVATE SECTOR JOBS, I have never ever had a government job.

yes it is...you are saying it here again...

again, YOU are emphasizing your "private sector job"....but you didn't answer my question....do YOU consider teachers, police, firefighters, highway maintenance workers worth a $hit? simple yes or no.

FaninAma
11/9/2014, 11:29 PM
He refused to give billions of tax payer dollars to Solyndra and other now bankrupt green energy companies.....oh wait.

He encouraged the completion of the Keystone pipeline......oh wait again.

He opened up federally held lands for more oil and gas exploration......dang it!

I give up.

IGotNoTiming
11/9/2014, 11:33 PM
yes ---price went up ---people drilled----demand fell ---SO WHAT ----Barack had nothing to do with it---Name one thing Barack did to encourage new production----Answer the question

Hey I'll play..... To answer you... He chose not to do anything. He let the oil companies run business as usual. Everyone on the right screamed he would be awful for business, the same folkswho said he would take their guns...neither happened. It has never been easier to get a gun or ammo. We are the most well armed civilian population the is.
So yeah he had a lot to do with the drilling proceeding at near record high on domestic soil. Our demand surpassed China in 2013, the first time that has happened since 1999. Look it up, while Obama touted alternative energies early he switched his position around as part of the solution to improve the economy. It worked. Thank him if you like oil, he had a lot to do with production.

olevetonahill
11/10/2014, 12:31 AM

Im happy to know you Never served in the Defense of this Country
***** Bitch!

olevetonahill
11/10/2014, 12:34 AM

Oh sweet cheeks PLEASE come see me. Please!

olevetonahill
11/10/2014, 12:39 AM
What does olevet say? Spin, deflect bah bah bah. Answer the question. Oil production going up by 50% since obama got into office had no effect on oil prices?

What does Olevet say?
He say yer an ASSHAT
Hows that asshat
:highly_amused:

Sooner8th
11/10/2014, 09:20 AM
--- Production went up on private land due to price and new tech----production went down on public land because of the road blocks put up by Barack and the boys---The $100 price allowed drilling, it could have been on public land also but no-----World wide demand is down and the Saudis want market share back . Tell me one thing Barack did to encourage drilling?

You still haven't answered a simple YES or NO question.

Having oil production in America go up by 50% since Obama became president has nothing to do with the price of oil?

olevetonahill
11/10/2014, 09:30 AM

Having oil production in America go up by 50% since Obama became president has nothing to do with the price of oil?

Why should red answer your question you wont answer us !

REDREX
11/10/2014, 10:07 AM

Having oil production in America go up by 50% since Obama became president has nothing to do with the price of oil?---Yes production went up---Go look back I said that----Now what did Barack do to increase production? Or does he just want credit?-----Come on you can make something up----The only reason production went up was price and improved tech--------Think how high it could of been if the public lands were more available

Sooner8th
11/10/2014, 10:18 AM
Why should red answer your question you wont answer us !

You see, I have. You guys just disregard my answer and pretend I didn't.

Answer the question.

Sooner in Tampa
11/10/2014, 10:26 AM
---Yes production went up---Go look back I said that----Now what did Barack do to increase production? Or does he just want credit?

Of course he wants credit...I mean, hell, he killed Bin Laden...dontcha know

REDREX
11/10/2014, 10:28 AM
Of course he wants credit...I mean, hell, he killed Bin Laden...dontcha know---He is clueless

Sooner8th
11/10/2014, 10:40 AM
---He is clueless

I have before answered your questions and had to have others step in and tell you I answered them even after I told you people repeatedly I answered it.

It's a simple question, did the 50% rise in oil production in the US have any effect on prices?

olevetonahill
11/10/2014, 10:43 AM
You see, I have. You guys just disregard my answer and pretend I didn't.

Answer the question.

Sorry ya twinkle toed bitch Ya never did answer, Ya just cried and whined
read it

http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showthread.php?185032-KC-heres-your-Question-that-I-asked-twice-yesterday-and

REDREX
11/10/2014, 10:44 AM
I have before answered your questions and had to have others step in and tell you I answered them even after I told you people repeatedly I answered it.

It's a simple question, did the 50% rise in oil production in the US have any effect on prices?---For the third time YES----Is that what Barack did drive up price?----What did Barack do to increase production?

Sooner8th
11/10/2014, 12:20 PM
---For the third time YES----Is that what Barack did drive up price?----What did Barack do to increase production?

Try to be consistent. You said before the price will go up when the saudia's decide it will go up. That statement says they control the price of oil.

REDREX
11/10/2014, 01:29 PM
Try to be consistent. You said before the price will go up when the saudia's decide it will go up. That statement says they control the price of oil.---The price will go up after the Saudis get market share back-----Are you going to name anything Barack did that helped increase production?---Very simple question----any hope you will ever try and answer?

Sooner8th
11/10/2014, 03:00 PM
---The price will go up after the Saudis get market share back-----Are you going to name anything Barack did that helped increase production?---Very simple question----any hope you will ever try and answer?

Admit it - the saudis control the price of oil. Then I'll answer.

REDREX
11/10/2014, 03:16 PM
Admit it - the saudis control the price of oil. Then I'll answer.---The market trades----the Saudis affect it--- supply,demand ,weather , many things affect the price---- They do not have the power they once did. What does that have to do with Barack's contribution to US production.----Go ahead and deflect away----You don't answer because Barack did nothing to help production increase just admit it

TAFBSooner
11/10/2014, 03:19 PM
---The price will go up after the Saudis get market share back-----Are you going to name anything Barack did that helped increase production?---Very simple question----any hope you will ever try and answer?

If the price goes back up, US will ramp fracking back up. Or are we going to scrap so many rigs that we lose the ability to do so? Assuming we do keep our capacity, do you see an alternative to price and supply yo-yoing? Or will it be that way until Saudi's easy oil is more depleted?

REDREX
11/10/2014, 03:24 PM
If the price goes back up, US will ramp fracking back up. Or are we going to scrap so many rigs that we lose the ability to do so? Assuming we do keep our capacity, do you see an alternative to price and supply yo-yoing? Or will it be that way until Saudi's easy oil is more depleted?---Very little Saudi oil comes here----They have more economic power in Europe----------They lost market share because of the US increased supply---no thanks to Barack. Sure its a yoyo its a market ---high prices lead to low prices low prices lead to high prices----World demand drove the price to the record levels---Brent crude traded $25 plus over Cushing-----the developing countries want and need oil

Ton Loc
11/10/2014, 03:51 PM
---Very little Saudi oil comes here----They have more economic power in Europe----------They lost market share because of the US increased supply---no thanks to Barack. Sure its a yoyo its a market ---high prices lead to low prices low prices lead to high prices----World demand drove the price to the record levels---Brent crude traded $25 plus over Cushing-----the developing countries want and need oil

Not sure what anyone is arguing about as far as oil goes.

Obama didn't do anything to the oil market - good or bad. Said some empty words occasionally but nothing that had any effect. You guys should choose something else to argue about.

Also - the recent elections were **** and won't mean much to either side as far as national concerns go. Just set us up for the left and right to completelyt cancel each other out and get nothing done. Yay!

Local level elections is where it was at - and that was depressing as well. Over 1000 local seats were won because there was simply no opposition. Plus, Sally Kern is still around. Which is just gross and embarrassing to our state.

FaninAma
11/10/2014, 04:06 PM
Not sure what anyone is arguing about as far as oil goes.

Obama didn't do anything to the oil market - good or bad. Said some empty words occasionally but nothing that had any effect. You guys should choose something else to argue about.

Also - the recent elections were **** and won't mean much to either side as far as national concerns go. Just set us up for the left and right to completelyt cancel each other out and get nothing done. Yay!

Local level elections is where it was at - and that was depressing as well. Over 1000 local seats were won because there was simply no opposition. Plus, Sally Kern is still around. Which is just gross and embarrassing to our state.

Not doing anything positive(i.e. inaction) could be considered the same as having a negative impact. How cool would it be to tell the House of Saud and the Iranians that they can take their oil and drink it for all we care? How about being able to export more oil and fossil fuels to western Europe just to see Vlad and the Russians suffer?

Now, tell us how beneficial Obama policies have been to the coal industry.... you know, the fuel of choice to produce electricity for big urban centers where a lot of poor people and Democrat voters live.

Sooner8th
11/10/2014, 04:59 PM
---The market trades----the Saudis affect it--- supply,demand ,weather , many things affect the price---- They do not have the power they once did. What does that have to do with Barack's contribution to US production.----Go ahead and deflect away----You don't answer because Barack did nothing to help production increase just admit it

Now you're, as usual, changing your story. Do they affect it or do they control it? Make up your mind. Is it a YES or a NO?

REDREX
11/10/2014, 05:30 PM
Now you're, as usual, changing your story. Do they affect it or do they control it? Make up your mind. Is it a YES or a NO?---You keep trying to change the subject because you have no answer----May I suggest you take Economics 101 before you look like a bigger FOOL---Typical Liberal deflect and try and change the subject

Bourbon St Sooner
11/18/2014, 03:56 PM
I think I know what they are because I have read a few editorial comments from writers at the NYT and Huffington Post. Essentially they believe everybody who voted for the GOP are a bunch of uneducated, inbred rednecks or are very gullible and have been brainwashed by Fox News. They are in severe denial and think Obama needs to issue a flurry of executive orders while vetoing everything that the GOP sends to him. Paul Krugman's little temper tantrum was one of the most enjoyable opinion pieces I have read in a long time.

THE TRIUMPH OF THE WRONG:

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/11/07/opinion/paul-krugman-triumph-of-the-wrong.html?ref=opinion&_r=1

OMG, the butt hurt arrogance and elitism in this article and the comments section is palpable.

Krugman really is just a party hack with a piece of paper he throws around to make people think he's a serious academic. And, of course, the pseudo-intellectual lefties lap up everything everything he has to say. While he's raving about the Obama policies that have led to this economic miracle and chastises people who promote austerity, he conveniently forgets that for the last two years austerity (sequestration) has been the fiscal policy of the US. Of course, at the time he said the sequester would destroy our economy and advocated a $2 trillion stimulus package. Somehow, he's conveniently forgotten about that. What a doosh.

Sooner8th
11/19/2014, 06:11 AM
Krugman really is just a party hack with a piece of paper he throws around to make people think he's a serious academic. And, of course, the pseudo-intellectual lefties lap up everything everything he has to say. While he's raving about the Obama policies that have led to this economic miracle and chastises people who promote austerity, he conveniently forgets that for the last two years austerity (sequestration) has been the fiscal policy of the US. Of course, at the time he said the sequester would destroy our economy and advocated a $2 trillion stimulus package. Somehow, he's conveniently forgotten about that. What a doosh.

Yeah, noble prize winners are usually hacks. Austerity has been a disaster in europe, spain still hasn't recovered. The sequester cut about a whole percentage point off gpd growth. The stimulus package was not big enough and had too many tax cuts in it to work quickly.

Obama still kicking bush's *** in gdp growth and in job growth. Tell me again how cuttin' taxes and regulations spurs the economy on. Losing 825 THOUSAND PRIVATE SECTOR JOBS in eight years can't be "conveniently forgotten" even thought conservatives do try.

FaninAma
11/19/2014, 11:21 AM
Krugman seems intelligent enough but his ego gets in the way of his reasoning and as a result he comes off as just another east coast elitist policy wonk who thinks opposing points of view are only made by stupid people. His Keynesian philosophy on steroid approach is dangerous in my opinion and I have never seen him discuss the effects of massive debt on future generations.

Bourbon St Sooner
11/19/2014, 12:13 PM
Yeah, noble prize winners are usually hacks. Austerity has been a disaster in europe, spain still hasn't recovered. The sequester cut about a whole percentage point off gpd growth. The stimulus package was not big enough and had too many tax cuts in it to work quickly.

Obama still kicking bush's *** in gdp growth and in job growth. Tell me again how cuttin' taxes and regulations spurs the economy on. Losing 825 THOUSAND PRIVATE SECTOR JOBS in eight years can't be "conveniently forgotten" even thought conservatives do try.

So, again, Mr. Keynesian scholar what Obama policies have created this economic miracle that you and Mr. Krugman continue to tout? Is the sequester not part of the policies enacted by this administration? What was GDP growth prior to the sequester and what was GDP growth after the sequester?

Sooner8th
11/19/2014, 01:04 PM
So, again, Mr. Keynesian scholar what Obama policies have created this economic miracle that you and Mr. Krugman continue to tout? Is the sequester not part of the policies enacted by this administration? What was GDP growth prior to the sequester and what was GDP growth after the sequester?

No it was not, it was forced down the administrations throat and it cut growth by around a point. Sequestration started in march 2013 and second quarter gdp growth in 2013 was 1.8% - now it is 4.6% and 3.5% the last two quarters. OOPS

Bourbon St Sooner
11/19/2014, 02:59 PM

No it was not, it was forced down the administrations throat and it cut growth by around a point. Sequestration started in march 2013 and second quarter gdp growth in 2013 was 1.8% - now it is 4.6% and 3.5% the last two quarters. OOPS

Sequester is still baked into the budget. Oops

Sooner8th
11/19/2014, 05:26 PM
Sequester is still baked into the budget. Oops

In December 2013, the Bipartisan Budget Act of 2013 changed the sequestration caps for FY2014 and FY2015. This deal would eliminate some of the spending cuts required by the sequester by $45 billion of the cuts scheduled to happen in January and $18 billion of the cuts scheduled to happen in 2015. Federal spending would thus be larger in these two years, but would be less in subsequent years until 2023,[28] due to other provisions such as imposing sequester cuts in 2022 and 2023.

OOPS try again.

Sooner8th
11/19/2014, 05:29 PM

Sorry, didn't read it right - it was 2.7% q1 and 1.8% q2. It fell almost a whole point.

Bourbon St Sooner
11/20/2014, 10:50 AM
In December 2013, the Bipartisan Budget Act of 2013 changed the sequestration caps for FY2014 and FY2015. This deal would eliminate some of the spending cuts required by the sequester by $45 billion of the cuts scheduled to happen in January and $18 billion of the cuts scheduled to happen in 2015. Federal spending would thus be larger in these two years, but would be less in subsequent years until 2023,[28] due to other provisions such as imposing sequester cuts in 2022 and 2023.

OOPS try again.

Again, what Obama policies have led to the economic miracle? The sequester and subsequent budget compromise reversed then slowed the out of control spending growth that occured in 2009 through 2011 and the economy has performed much better in this period. Meanwhile, the real wealth creation has been the result of the Fed pumping up the stock market bubble which has only served to make the rich richer. The only bright spot for the middle class has been the result of the fracking boom - an incovenient truth the lefties try to ignore.

Sooner8th
11/20/2014, 02:57 PM
Again, what Obama policies have led to the economic miracle? The sequester and subsequent budget compromise reversed then slowed the out of control spending growth that occured in 2009 through 2011 and the economy has performed much better in this period. Meanwhile, the real wealth creation has been the result of the Fed pumping up the stock market bubble which has only served to make the rich richer. The only bright spot for the middle class has been the result of the fracking boom - an incovenient truth the lefties try to ignore.

You tell me what policies of obama's has killed the economy? Did raising taxes kill employment? Did it kill gdp growth?

Only republicans don't know what obama has done to help the economy recover.

Bourbon St Sooner
11/20/2014, 05:15 PM
So you're admitting to being a Republican?