PDA

View Full Version : Why Meatchicken should call Bob Stoops

Sooner in Tampa
11/7/2014, 08:23 AM
Wetzel is out of his fackin mind (http://sports.yahoo.com/news/why-michigan-should-call-bob-stoops-232902254.html)

Stoops isn't looking for a job, of course. He's in his 16th season at Oklahoma, works for an athletic director and a school president who are trusted confidants and makes $5.25 million a year. He's built a legacy. He's synonymous with the program. He's under no pressure – outside of the depths of message board frustration.

Stoops is 54 years old and has spent his entire head coaching career at OU. If he is open to a new challenge and a fresh start then there may never be a better time or place than Ann Arbor right now, an elite program (ehh, not so much) in desperate need of a legitimate winner...

...Billy Tubbs, the old Oklahoma basketball coach, used to say a coach should move to a new school every seven or eight years because after that you make no more fans; the ones you had just grow sick of you. Tubbs said he learned that at OU, where he coached 14 seasons, the last few of which were kind of miserable.

...It's a call worth making though, because if he can be convinced to try something new, then Michigan is the ideal place, at the perfect time, for him to do it.

olevetonahill
11/7/2014, 08:54 AM
WE have a discussion going at the Hideout bro
Im rhinkin Bob is kinda like the Most beautiful woman ya marry and then she gets a tad fat. You dont run her off but ya dayum sure want her to lose some weight .

yankee
11/7/2014, 10:03 AM
Not sure why Wetzel is out of his mind? I don't see anything wrong in the logic of Michigan trying to get Stoops, a coach who would probably have Michigan creeping into the top 10 within a few years.

yankee
11/7/2014, 10:14 AM
FWIW, I sure as hell don't want Stoops to leave and I don't think he'd take the Michigan job if offered to him.

Sooner in Tampa
11/7/2014, 12:03 PM
FWIW, I sure as hell don't want Stoops to leave and I don't think he'd take the Michigan job if offered to him.

I guess I should have clarified that...Stoops ain't taking a step down to go to Meatchicken!

badger
11/7/2014, 12:39 PM
Stoops to Michigan scenarios:
1- Losing every game for the rest of the season
2- Serious NCAA infractions uncovered a la Kelvin Sampson (hey, they were serious at the time!)
3- Bobby Petrino-mistress-like situation
4- Michigan pulls out the Priceline name-your-price tool. Name your price, Bob!

1-3 are so unlikely I can't believe I listed them, but #4 on the other hand? Mich has an even bigger Big House to sellout now.

SoonerorLater
11/7/2014, 01:38 PM
Stoops to Michigan scenarios:
1- Losing every game for the rest of the season
2- Serious NCAA infractions uncovered a la Kelvin Sampson (hey, they were serious at the time!)
3- Bobby Petrino-mistress-like situation
4- Michigan pulls out the Priceline name-your-price tool. Name your price, Bob!

1-3 are so unlikely I can't believe I listed them, but #4 on the other hand? Mich has an even bigger Big House to sellout now.

Then BS isn't going to Michigan because they are notoriously cheap.

8timechamps
11/7/2014, 02:28 PM
I'm sure Michigan would love to have Stoops. They'd love Castiglione even more. Neither are going to Ann Arbor.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
11/7/2014, 03:09 PM
Not sure why Wetzel is out of his mind? I don't see anything wrong in the logic of Michigan trying to get Stoops, a coach who would probably have Michigan creeping into the top 10 within a few years.Ding Ding! Chicken 'effin dinner, haha!

EatLeadCommie
11/8/2014, 02:31 PM
I hope they take him, even if it means a few years of mediocrity. It beats being c***teased year after year while we continue to underperform and make the same coaching mistakes