PDA

View Full Version : obama...threatening the congress...

Soonerjeepman
11/6/2014, 01:15 PM
"Before the end of the year, we're going to take whatever lawful actions that I can take" to improve the system, Obama said. He said he still wants Congress to pass legislation, but wants to figure out "what we can do lawfully, through executive actions" in the meantime. He promised that if Congress passes a bill, it would make any executive actions "go away."

Seriously? you just got it shoved up your backside by the AMERICAN PEOPLE and you still think this way. what a piece of........

okie52
11/6/2014, 01:25 PM
I actually (naively optimistic on my part) believed that Obama might be able to broker a deal with the pubs that would advance legislation on the bill. The senate bill that passed didn't require border security for 5 years while immediately conferring legal status to most of the 11,000,000 illegals and guaranteeing them a pathway to citizenship in 13 years...one reason why that bill was so horrible.

I was hoping that since Obama recognized the shift in public opinion he might go along with border security first (which most Americans want) and then work on some temporary legal status for the illegals without guaranteeing a pathway to citizenships or reaping the benefits of legal residency. That doesn't seem to be the case.

FaninAma
11/6/2014, 01:46 PM
I'vebeen reading blogs all morning from liberal pundits who are encouraging Obama to pick a fight with the new Congress. They suggested nominating even more liberal judges and cabinet members, signing executiveorders for amnesty, vetoing any Congressional bills that try to get the XL pipeline started and continuing to have his DoJ sue states over voter ID laws.

okie52
11/6/2014, 02:49 PM
I'vebeen reading blogs all morning from liberal pundits who are encouraging Obama to pick a fight with the new Congress. They suggested nominating even more liberal judges and cabinet members, signing executiveorders for amnesty, vetoing any Congressional bills that try to get the XL pipeline started and continuing to have his DoJ sue states over voter ID laws.

He can do that and his legacy will be what...Obamacare? Because that's about all he'll have to point to on the legislative front.

Clinton found a way to work with the pub congress (or vice versa). Likewise so did Reagan on a split congress. Obama wasn't really very good even working with his own dem controlled congress much less when the pubs got the house. He's got 2 years to do some things so he is either going to have to change his ways or be left with little to show for his presidency (legislatively speaking).

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
11/6/2014, 03:27 PM
He disrespects the country and its laws. Apparently, he always has. He was elected primarily because of his party and race. After 6 years, we are at another crossroads. Will the republicans carry the fight, or continue to cower in fear?

okie52
11/6/2014, 03:44 PM
Don't know about the pubs gameplan but I don't think being heavy handed or confrontational is where they should start. On the other hand, if Obama wants to be defiant on things like immigration then by all means stop him (if you can legally). I think it is a bad PR move on Obama's part and would cause him and dems some serious problems politically.

11/6/2014, 03:50 PM
Don't know about the pubs gameplan but I don't think being heavy handed or confrontational is where they should start. On the other hand, if Obama wants to be defiant on things like immigration then by all means stop him (if you can legally). I think it is a bad PR move on Obama's part and would cause him and dems some serious problems politically.He will do whatever he already planned to do, and now he can and will blame everything on the obstructionist republicans. (Like that's any great revelation) The republicans were elected to stop him and his agenda. If they don't give it their best shot, they will lose congress again in '16.

rock on sooner
11/6/2014, 04:47 PM

However much Obama wants to advance what he thinks helps the country, if he
follows those pundits' ideas then he would deserve all the crap this board and
moderates, indies and (sigh) I would shovel his way. Executive orders can and
would be overturned by the next Pub prez, maybe a Dem one as well, who knows?
I have felt all along that he should use executive orders more than he has, because so
much legislation languishes in Congress, a lot of which is bi partisan. For the record,
Bush the Elder and Ford are the only two prezes since Truman to have fewer executive
orders issued than Obama. As to voter ID laws, well....naw, I don't have the energy...

In his last presser, Obama spoke about Keystone as though it was going to proceed.

rock on sooner
11/6/2014, 04:50 PM
He will do whatever he already planned to do, and now he can and will blame everything on the obstructionist republicans. (Like that's any great revelation) The republicans were elected to stop him and his agenda. If they don't give it their best shot, they will lose congress again in '16.

I don't think the Pubs lose the House in '16 but their margin will shrink and
I think the Dems take back the Senate, IF, and this a BIG IF, they can find
good candidates and there is a strong Dem at the top of the ticket.

okie52
11/6/2014, 04:52 PM
Surprisingly from Chris Matthews:

Chris Matthews to Obama: You Can't Govern on 'Common Ground'
Wednesday, 05 Nov 2014 07:43 PM
By Greg Richter

MSNBC's Chris Matthews reacted angrily to President Barack Obama's post-midterm press conference on Wednesday, saying the president shouldn't be relying on "common ground" to govern.

"Damn it, you cannot run a government on common ground!" Matthews said on

"He misses the point of politics, which is to be a politician and to trade."

There's very little "common ground" between left and right, but there is compromise, Matthews said.

"You do something for me on minimum wage, I'll do something for you on corporate tax reform," he said.

Matthews said Obama was dismissive of the portion of the public, represented by Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell, that doesn't want him to take executive action to stop deportations of illegal immigrants.

Instead, Matthews said, Obama considers only the feelings of the portion of the public he represents, which wants to see illegal immigrants granted amnesty.

"There's just something in this guy that plays to his constituency and acts like there's no other world out there," he said.

Matthews predicted a "real collision" if Obama indeed grants amnesty to millions of illegal immigrants before year's end.

Obama says he's going to solve the problem, but he's not going to stop illegal immigration or stop the hiring of illegal immigrants, Matthews said.

"He's going to give them green cards."

That won't solve the problem, he said. "You might even say it will encourage the problem."

"I don't know if there's [another] country in the world where people come in illegally and say, 'Make me legal!'" Matthews said.

Read Latest Breaking News from Newsmax.com http://www.Newsmax.com/US/Chris-Matthews-common-ground-govern/2014/11/05/id/605555/#ixzz3IKET8eBf

11/6/2014, 05:23 PM
Pres Obola has 2 modest(minimum)goals: 1)make the Constitution powerless
2)make the democrat party have TOTAL control of government

11/6/2014, 05:30 PM
Quote Originally Posted by RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
He will do whatever he already planned to do, and now he can and will blame everything on the obstructionist republicans. (Like that's any great revelation) The republicans were elected to stop him and his agenda. If they don't give it their best shot, they will lose congress again in '16.
I don't think the Pubs lose the House in '16 but their margin will shrink and
I think the Dems take back the Senate, IF, and this a BIG IF, they can find
good candidates and there is a strong Dem at the top of the ticket.Sounds like you're saying the repubs won't be able to stop much of the Obear agenda, and the Media will continue to have their(democrats) way. At present, I have no reason(s) to doubt your prediction.

okie52
11/6/2014, 05:51 PM
Columnist Navarrette: Obama Won't Legalize Illegal Immigrants
Wednesday, 05 Nov 2014 05:01 PM

Syndicated columnist and CNN contributor Ruben Navarrette Jr. remains skeptical that President Barack Obama will go ahead and sign a sweeping executive order to legalize millions of illegal immigrants.

"If he does it, it will prove me wrong, because I have said that not only would he not do it before the election, he wouldn't do it after the election because it's always going to be problematic for Democrats in future elections," Navarrette said Wednesday on "The Steve Malzberg Show" on Newsmax TV.

"If he can find a way to not do it or to do very little and blame it on the Republicans, if he can somehow go back to Hispanics and say, 'Man I'd like to have given you so much more, but you know, now Republicans control both houses in Congress, my hands are tied.'

"The narrative that President Obama prefers is to paint the Republicans as villains and obstructionists. If he can do that, he will do it at his first opportunity."

Read Latest Breaking News from Newsmax.com http://www.Newsmax.com/Newsmax-Tv/Ruben-Navarrette-Jrillegal-immigrants-executive/2014/11/05/id/605512/#ixzz3IKcA2bbg

okie52
11/6/2014, 05:52 PM
Kudlow: Obama Risks Creating 'Rat's Nest' of Backlash on Immigration
Thursday, 06 Nov 2014 10:31 AM
By Dan Weil

CNBC senior contributor Larry Kudlow, a Moneynews Insider, wasn't too impressed with President Obama's press conference Wednesday in which he pledged to work with Republicans where possible.

"I don't think the president recognizes or wishes to admit that the votes [Tuesday] were for a change in direction of economic policy, of healthcare policy, of immigration policy, of all the policies," Kudlow said on the air.

"I also think, even though I'm an immigration reform guy if it's done right, if he goes ahead and uses executive action to legalize and deport and whatever, he is going to create such a rat's nest of arguments and screaming. It will block out any hope of deals, and he knows that."

In his press conference, Obama, said he's happy to compromise on trade agreements and infrastructure spending. But he said he will act unilaterally on immigration reform, fulfilling his pre-election promise.

"Before the end of the year, we're going to take whatever lawful action that I can take that I believe will improve the functioning of our immigration system that will allow us to surge additional resources to the border," he said.

"I am eager to see what they [Republicans] have to offer, but what I'm not going to do is just wait."

Meanwhile, business leaders expressed cautious optimism that the election results will advance their agenda.

"There is a pent-up demand for legislative action, and there was a logjam because of the campaign," Bill Miller, senior vice president of the Business Roundtable, told The New York Times.

"The three issues we've got teed up now are corporate tax reform, then immigration reform, as well as getting new trade agreements passed."

Read Latest Breaking News from Newsmax.com http://www.Newsmax.com/Finance/Kudlow-Obama-immigration-executive/2014/11/06/id/605672/#ixzz3IKb7aNSM

okie52
11/6/2014, 05:59 PM
CNN's Crowley: Amnesty by Executive Order Unthinkable Now
Wednesday, 05 Nov 2014 12:41 PM
By Melanie Batley

The Republican victories in the midterm elections have so significantly shifted the political climate that any plans by President Barack Obama to sign an executive order on immigration would be explosive, said CNN's Candy Crowley.

The network's chief political correspondent made the comments Tuesday night during an election panel hosted by Anderson Cooper, which explored what might be on the president's legislative agenda in the immediate aftermath of the election.

"We don't know what he's going to do executive order-wise on immigration, but if he makes a major move along the lines of what we've been hearing, which is to give some sort of status to keep millions in this country with some sort of special visa, that would be like just popping a grenade and throwing it in the middle of the Senate floor," she said.

This summer, the president pledged to "fix as much of our immigration system as I can on my own," after immigration reform failed to progress in Congress earlier this year.

In August, The Washington Post
reported that the White House was drawing up plans for an executive order that would grant amnesty to possibly millions of undocumented immigrants, allowing them to avoid deportation and gain green cards.

Just a few weeks ago, speculation about imminent action was fueled when the Department of Homeland Security announced it was seeking materials to produce as many as 34 million green cards and work visas in the coming years.

And the head of Citizenship and Immigration Services, Leon Rodríguez, also added to the speculation that an executive order would soon be announced after he said, "We're going to be ready," adding, "Our agency will be shouldering the primary responsibility for executing whatever it is."

Last week, the chairman of the Republican National Committee, Reince Priebus, promised that if the GOP won control of the Senate the party would do "everything we can do to stop" executive amnesty for illegal immigrants.

Read Latest Breaking News from Newsmax.com http://www.Newsmax.com/Newsfront/midterms-illegals-Obama-executive-order/2014/11/05/id/605438/#ixzz3IKdwRVqM

11/6/2014, 06:08 PM
"If he can find a way to not do it or to do very little and blame it on the Republicans, if he can somehow go back to Hispanics and say, 'Man I'd like to have given you so much more, but you know, now Republicans control both houses in Congress, my hands are tied.'

"The narrative that President Obama prefers is to paint the Republicans as villains and obstructionists. If he can do that, he will do it at his first opportunity."-Newsmax

Sure hope Newsmax is right. It would be good for the country, and for the repubs in government. But, it's just a start. They will have to deal with Obearcare soon, as well.

okie52
11/6/2014, 06:15 PM

"The narrative that President Obama prefers is to paint the Republicans as villains and obstructionists. If he can do that, he will do it at his first opportunity."-Newsmax

Sure hope Newsmax is right. It would be good for the country, and for the repubs in government. But, it's just a start. They will have to deal with Obearcare soon, as well.

Actually it was by CNN columnist Rubin Naverette...just reprinted by newsmax.

olevetonahill
11/6/2014, 06:31 PM
Hes going to be the Third ****in Dem to face Impeachment!

11/6/2014, 06:42 PM
Hes going to be the Third ****in Dem to face Impeachment!they had better not try it unless the senate is willing to go through with it, knowing that for sure the MSM will do(even harder than)their best to destroy every republican they can.

Turd_Ferguson
11/6/2014, 08:28 PM
However much Obama wants to advance what he thinks helps the country, if he
follows those pundits' ideas then he would deserve all the crap this board and
moderates, indies and (sigh) I would shovel his way. Executive orders can and
would be overturned by the next Pub prez, maybe a Dem one as well, who knows?
I have felt all along that he should use executive orders more than he has, because so
much legislation languishes in Congress, a lot of which is bi partisan. For the record,
Bush the Elder and Ford are the only two prezes since Truman to have fewer executive
orders issued than Obama. As to voter ID laws, well....naw, I don't have the energy...

In his last presser, Obama spoke about Keystone as though it was going to proceed.

You is cray cray.

rock on sooner
11/6/2014, 08:43 PM
You is cray cray.

Thanks, TF, you is consistent!

rock on sooner
11/6/2014, 08:45 PM
Hes going to be the Third ****in Dem to face Impeachment!

If they (the Pubs) try that, I can guaran-damn-tee you the Dems will take
back BOTH parts of Congress!

rock on sooner
11/6/2014, 08:49 PM
Quote Originally Posted by RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
He will do whatever he already planned to do, and now he can and will blame everything on the obstructionist republicans. (Like that's any great revelation) The republicans were elected to stop him and his agenda. If they don't give it their best shot, they will lose congress again in '16.Sounds like you're saying the repubs won't be able to stop much of the Obear agenda, and the Media will continue to have their(democrats) way. At present, I have no reason(s) to doubt your prediction.

I'm not sure how much of his own agenda he'll push....I think he's smart enough
to test the water first. He is smart enough to look ahead to his "legacy"...jmo...

I do think he'll push some stuff to force the Pubs to take a stand...popular or not....
just being a politician....

olevetonahill
11/6/2014, 08:49 PM
If they (the Pubs) try that, I can guaran-damn-tee you the Dems will take
back BOTH parts of Congress!

I dont mean they gonna do it just to **** with him, I really believe hes gonna thumb his nose at Congress and the whole dayum country gonna be fed up with his **** and demand it.

rock on sooner
11/6/2014, 09:00 PM
I dont mean they gonna do it just to **** with him, I really believe hes gonna thumb his nose at Congress and the whole dayum country gonna be fed up with his **** and demand it.

This whole thing will be about how he presents it to the electorate...ya gotta
admit that he can do that almost as good as ol' Bill AND you can be sure that
both Obama and Bill will be out front with the message. More reasonably, Obama
will not thumb his nose at Congress unless McConnell and Boehner pull the same
walk away stuff from deals that they did before. Ya gotta remember, Obama is
a LAME duck and, it's just a guess on my part, mind you, but he won't GAF, he'll
just want to do what he thinks is right...politics be damned and let history decide.
A whole lot like Truman was (Oh, BTW, Truman used executive orders more than
two to one more than anyone since...and, it did some good,too). JMO...heh, (Can
I use Old Age as an excuse?:highly_amused:)

Turd_Ferguson
11/6/2014, 09:25 PM
Rock...history has already decided. He's the worst ****'n prez EVAR.

rock on sooner
11/6/2014, 10:04 PM
Rock...history has already decided. He's the worst ****'n prez EVAR.

Naw, Buchanan, Wilson and, some say, Carter will all prolly rank ahead...

olevetonahill
11/6/2014, 10:14 PM
Naw, Buchanan, Wilson and, some say, Carter will all prolly rank ahead...

Naw Carter Loves him some Obammy. Cause he Makes Carter look good.