PDA

View Full Version : OU favored by 6.5 points

8timechamps
11/5/2014, 09:07 PM
It looks like the opening line was OU -4.5, but in the past day and a half, the line moved to OU -6.5.

Not sure why it moved (other than the money was being put on OU), but two points, this late in the week, seems strange to me. Of course I don't know much about how all of that works, so it could be completely normal.

birddog
11/5/2014, 09:14 PM
I thought it would move to 3 first and then finish around 4. Of course as OU fans we will just take a win at this point but I'm sure gamblers are looking at trends. Bu has lost 23 straight on the road against ranked teams or some crap like that. What number would make you feel confident if you had to put down a grand? I'd say 2.5.

8timechamps
11/5/2014, 09:20 PM
I thought it would move to 3 first and then finish around 4. Of course as OU fans we will just take a win at this point but I'm sure gamblers are looking at trends. Bu has lost 23 straight on the road against ranked teams or some crap like that. What number would make you feel confident if you had to put down a grand? I'd say 2.5.

If I was a betting man, I'd be with you and say 2.5 would be about the number I'd be comfortable with. But, like you said I'd take a win.

sendbaht
11/5/2014, 10:53 PM
OU shines this game....I'd bet $1000 on 6.5 in a heart beat....now if I would have won any of my other sure bets I'd have this grand to bet.:)

olevetonahill
11/5/2014, 11:51 PM
Id take that spread. Yea Baylor has Creamed several teams But look who they played I think only TWO teams with a winning record and they Lost one of those and were played tight in the other. Not to mention the struggle with saxet!

Ill put some cash on OU to cover.

OUmillenium
11/6/2014, 02:21 PM
Wannemacher gun show in Tulsa. I'm gonna DVR the game and pick up at halftime. OU has scored in every qtr this year. I think they can keep that streak alive. I fear that Baylor will also score in every qtr. Feeling like they will torch our secondary and we will be seeing constant shots of an angry Mike Stoops on the sideline.

I would bet Baylor. But I will pull for our Sooners.

Aries
11/6/2014, 03:28 PM
I will be doing the same, see you at the gun show! :)

badger
11/6/2014, 05:54 PM
I'm gonna put on my tin foil hat and say that the Big 12 will ref the game in Baylor's favor, in hopes of a one-loss matchup between KSU and Baylor later this season for the college football playoff spot... and more importantly, for...

ONE TRUE CHAMPION

8timechamps
11/6/2014, 07:07 PM
I'm gonna put on my tin foil hat and say that the Big 12 will ref the game in Baylor's favor, in hopes of a one-loss matchup between KSU and Baylor later this season for the college football playoff spot... and more importantly, for...

ONE TRUE CHAMPION

I don't buy into biased officiating (and I know that you really don't either), but the Big XII officiating has been horrible this year, across the board.

It does appear that Baylor is not running the WR pick plays quite as much this year, and when they do run it, they have gotten called for it more than last year.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
11/6/2014, 07:18 PM
I'm gonna put on my tin foil hat and say that the Big 12 will ref the game in Baylor's favor, in hopes of a one-loss matchup between KSU and Baylor later this season for the college football playoff spot... Wicked World?

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
11/6/2014, 07:39 PM
If by winning the conference crown, the winner has to play in the Fiesta vs Marist or Equivalent, then maybe the refs won't really GAS?

aurorasooner
11/6/2014, 08:04 PM
I don't buy into biased officiating (and I know that you really don't either), but the Big XII officiating has been horrible this year, across the board.

It does appear that Baylor is not running the WR pick plays quite as much this year, and when they do run it, they have gotten called for it more than last year.I know those spots by 1/2 of the Austin Mafia in the I-State game were brutal, not that it made any difference. But geez, if they're going to be that blind, just send them out to pasture and bring in new, young FCS or high school crews. Pitiful to say the least. Sure hope we don't draw Christal/Chrystal's (sp-?) bunch on Saturday.

badger
11/7/2014, 10:22 AM
I don't buy into biased officiating (and I know that you really don't either), but the Big XII officiating has been horrible this year, across the board

I really don't, but it doesn't stop people from suggesting that there's a conference agenda when questionable calls occur at bad moments. Hell, the ISU athletic director made a postgame presser outta a phantom OSU touchdown earlier this year and Mark Mangino's best postgame presser ever was calling out Texas-favored officiating saying it was all about money and the BCS.

While I enjoyed those meltdowns (and really, I enjoy all meltdowns, that's why I've made a thread outta them), I'm glad they were at other schools and not here.

rock on sooner
11/7/2014, 10:50 AM
In all the Big XII games I've watched, it appears there are a dominant
number of homer calls/spots. Gotta hand it to Pollard, he stepped up for
his team....

8timechamps
11/7/2014, 02:26 PM
I know those spots by 1/2 of the Austin Mafia in the I-State game were brutal, not that it made any difference. But geez, if they're going to be that blind, just send them out to pasture and bring in new, young FCS or high school crews. Pitiful to say the least. Sure hope we don't draw Christal/Chrystal's (sp-?) bunch on Saturday.

The Big XII took a major blow when Scott Novak was promoted to the NFL. He was, by far, the best official in the conference (if not the country). He kept his crews in line, and always seemed to do an excellent job. I don't think it's a coincidence that the year after he left, the quality of officiating dropped.

Salt City Sooner
11/7/2014, 04:34 PM
The Big XII took a major blow when Scott Novak was promoted to the NFL. He was, by far, the best official in the conference (if not the country). He kept his crews in line, and always seemed to do an excellent job. I don't think it's a coincidence that the year after he left, the quality of officiating dropped.
x2. Clete Blakeman as well, IMO.