PDA

View Full Version : Corngrats Badger: Wiconsin retains gov. Walker... Again

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
11/5/2014, 07:07 PM
Scott Walker is my biggest political hero. Well, him and Joe Arpaio, of course. The dude is setting Wisconsin straight: http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/2014/11/05/scott_walker_superstar

REDREX
11/5/2014, 07:36 PM
I am sure it ruined Ed Schultz evening last night

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
11/5/2014, 08:12 PM
I am sure it ruined Ed Schultz evening last nightHope you read the link I provided. It shows what an unbelievable amount of crap the democrats have thrown at him, and how he has responded with dignity and success on all levels.

badger
11/6/2014, 11:50 AM
My grandparents weren't too crazy about the way he forced his legislation through, but they're quite fond of the lowered cost to taxpayers for things that the unions used to insist be done in-house at higher costs, namely health insurance. Municipalities can now show around for coverage at lower costs and they did.

Living in Wisconsin during the years when election spending really got out of control was not fun, as a battleground state. I can't imagine how bad it was this election cycle with the $60 million in mostly outside money pouring in for both campaigns. Rawr union rights. Rawr taxpayers money. Rawr collective bargaining. Rawr lower taxes

okie52
11/6/2014, 11:56 AM
I am sure it ruined Ed Schultz evening last night

Ed was on a nice rant about all of the "radical" republican govs that got elected.

badger
11/6/2014, 05:52 PM
Hope you read the link I provided

I did and I would have to say that I dispute a few of his assertions about Wisconsin. As blue as New York? No, my beloved homestate would never vote a carpetbagger like Hillary Clinton as a senator. And this line...

The entire Democrat Party power structure went into Wisconsin to take out Scott Walker three times in six years.

It was actually argued that the Dems didn't do enough to support the recall effort and that was why it failed. It was said that the Dems were more concerned with having a war chest for the midterms in bigger battleground states than a governor's recall. About all the Dems did was send in some celebrities like Mike Moore to support the teachers on their "sick" days and the capitol campers, along with putting the Dem state legislators who escaped to Illinois to avoid the vote in hotels. A lot of good that did --- the Republicans just took the budget measure out and then suddenly there was quorum.

There really was an all-out fight for this guber race, however, and kudos the Wisconsin voters for choosing the candidate that won't give the unions the power back to raise taxes, which my family's told me are already pretty high.