PDA

View Full Version : No wonder Obama is holding off on his executive amnesty

okie52
11/4/2014, 03:13 PM
And a Huffington post poll at that:

Poll: Nearly Half of Americans Reject Amnesty for Illegals
Tuesday, 04 Nov 2014 10:47 AM
By Drew MacKenzie

Nearly one in every two Americans oppose a pathway to citizenship for illegal immigrants, a new poll reveals.

The Huffington Post/YouGov survey, which was conducted just days ahead of the midterm elections, showed a plurality of voters, 46 percent, gave the thumbs down to potential amnesty for millions of illegal aliens living in the United States.

They were asked: “Do you support or oppose providing a legal way for illegal immigrants already in the United States to become US citizens?"

Forty percent supported the pathway to citizenship while 13 percent were undecided, according to the poll.

When respondents were asked whether the immigration issue has received the right amount of attention in the midterms, a majority of 55 percent said that it had received "too little attention from the candidates."

Twenty-six percent said immigration had received "about the right amount of attention from candidates," while 9 percent thought it had been given "too much attention from the candidates."

The Huffington Post/YouGov poll was conducted Oct. 30-Nov. 2 with a margin of error of plus or minus 3.8 percentage points.

Senate GOP candidate Scott Brown has gained momentum in New Hampshire in his race with Democrat Sen. Jeanne Shaheen after he started campaigning against illegal immigration. And as the contest went down to the wire, they were in a virtual dead heat, according to Breitbart.

At least three national polls have found that voters are “less likely” to vote for candidates who support a pathway to citizenship for illegal immigrants, the political news website said.

Read Latest Breaking News from Newsmax.com http://www.Newsmax.com/US/immigration-illegals-amnesty/2014/11/04/id/605072/#ixzz3I7vTXyAW

Soonerjeepman
11/4/2014, 04:33 PM
you racist bastage....lol

Sooner8th
11/4/2014, 05:02 PM
And a Huffington post poll at that:

No flame here, serious question, what's the answer to illegals being here?

okie52
11/4/2014, 06:30 PM

Like I told you in another post, Romney had it right. Self deportation. 1,000,000 left during the recession knocking us down to 11,000,000 illegals. Take away the jobs and benefits and they'll leave.

OR

A better solution to migrant labor would be utilize temporary workers through nafta. Make the employers be responsible for all costs associated with the temp workers including healthcare, taxes, education, etc...so that the taxpayers are not footing the bill. When the job is completed the workers leave and their transportation would also be at employer expense. Any illegals currently in the country would have to have employers verify their employment or if they are not employed give them 3-6 months to find employment. If they aren't employed within 6 months ship them out. There will be a burden placed on employers monitoring and notifying ICE of job terminations and facing stiff fines for non compliance.

olevetonahill
11/4/2014, 06:45 PM

http://www.flashrolls.com/shooting-games/Border-Patrol-Flash-Game.htm

IGotNoTiming
11/4/2014, 07:03 PM

I don't think single swing of a sword is the answer. If everyone was just deported our economy would collapse. You can laugh at that but the fact is the vast sum of low skill- high labor jobs are worked by immigrsants because most Americans refuse to do them. The vacuum that would be created in agricultural and consyruction labor would be crippling. I don't know what could be done to get those jobs filled.

I also think that there could be some retooling of citizenship requirements that would allow someone attempting to be properly documented to have to follow. Commit a felony. Gone. Fail to show documented taxes. Gone.

The hard part for me is that we all have roots beyond these borders and 20 50 or 100 or longer years ago this could could be your family being sent away.

Sooner8th
11/4/2014, 07:24 PM
I don't think single swing of a sword is the answer. If everyone was just deported our economy would collapse. You can laugh at that but the fact is the vast sum of low skill- high labor jobs are worked by immigrsants because most Americans refuse to do them. The vacuum that would be created in agricultural and consyruction labor would be crippling. I don't know what could be done to get those jobs filled.

I also think that there could be some retooling of citizenship requirements that would allow someone attempting to be properly documented to have to follow. Commit a felony. Gone. Fail to show documented taxes. Gone.

The hard part for me is that we all have roots beyond these borders and 20 50 or 100 or longer years ago this could could be your family being sent away.

Isn't that what conservatives call amnesty?

I have a problem with what to do because one of my great-grandfathers is an illegal immigrant from Wales, also he stowed away on the ship and had to shovel coal to earn his passage over.

Anyone else have other solutions?

okie52
11/4/2014, 08:14 PM

Heh...wages would have to climb above current benefit levels significantly enough for American citizens to do the work. 50 plus years ago there was no safety net comparable to today's that would allow citizens to sit on their *** instead of working and feeding their families. Of course granting citizenship to the illegals would put them into the same rut that current citizens rely on...higher wages or no work.

I don't weep for the illegals. This isn't the humble masses that quietly seek citizenship but rather the la raza like invaders that are disrupting congress and openly protesting in defiance of American laws while demanding their rights as"illegals".

TheHumanAlphabet
11/5/2014, 09:20 AM

Deport, enforce the laws already on the books, charge/fine/jail employers who hire illegals, deploy the National Guard with embedded ICE officers, deploy Coast Guard in territorial waters, oh and build the damn fence. Easy.

i refuse to believe the "work no American would do..." Mantra. If it is that bad, we have prison labor. They need to be worked hard anyway so they don't have idle time. We used to do it, easy work force to tap.

okie52
11/5/2014, 04:14 PM
Sounds like Obama is still planning on going through with executive amnesty. This will be like a shot across the new congresses bow. Probably not the best way to start things off.

TheHumanAlphabet
11/5/2014, 05:48 PM
Look for the lawsuits or impeachment in 1Q15...

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
11/5/2014, 05:58 PM
Deport, enforce the laws already on the books, charge/fine/jail employers who hire illegals, deploy the National Guard with embedded ICE officers, deploy Coast Guard in territorial waters, oh and build the damn fence. Easy.

i refuse to believe the "work no American would do..." Mantra. If it is that bad, we have prison labor. They need to be worked hard anyway so they don't have idle time. We used to do it, easy work force to tap.You are exactly correct, but the Exec Amnesty planned is about adding democrat voters, of course. Makes no difference on the illegality.

okie52
11/7/2014, 10:43 AM
Oregon Voters Reject Driver ID Cards for Illegals
Thursday, 06 Nov 2014 06:01 PM
By Cathy Burke

Oregon voters overwhelmingly rejected a ballot measure that would have given driver ID cards to people who can't prove their legal residency – killing a law signed by Gov. John Kitzhaber in May 2013, the latest midterm election figures show.

According to the latest results from Tuesday's vote posted by the Oregonian Thursday, Measure 88 sank with 868,883 "no" votes, or 67.4 percent, compared with 419,934 "yes" ballots, or 32.6 percent.

The measure pitted unions, some business groups and immigrant-rights organizations against a meagerly funded campaign that referred the issue to the ballot after it passed the state Legislature and was signed into law, the Oregonian reports.

The cards wouldn't have been usable to vote, get on a plane, buy guns or get benefits.

According to KOIN 6 News, it was the first time voters in any state weighed in on the controversial driver's license issue.

Cynthia Kendoll, president of Oregonians for Immigration Reform, said she was "thrilled, needless to say," telling the Oregonian the outcome proved to be a victory for voters "sick and tired of big business, special interest groups and unions controlling our government."

"Oregonians could see right through it," she said.

Proponents, who included some Republican legislators, cast the issue as one of public safety and equity, the Oregonian noted. Opponents said issuing driver cards to those who can't prove legal residency only undermines the rule of law.

In a national poll conducted last year by Rasmussen Reports, 68 percent of likely U.S. voters said illegal immigrants shouldn't be allowed to obtain state driver's licenses, with 22 percent favoring the idea.

"It is a kind of amnesty. It doesn't given them any legal status, but by giving them a government-issued ID, it helps them imbed in society," Mark Krikorian, executive director of the Center for Immigration Studies in Washington, D.C.,

Read Latest Breaking News from Newsmax.com http://www.Newsmax.com/Newsfront/oregon-ballot-measure-identity/2014/11/06/id/605816/#ixzz3IOhg20tT
!

Over 2-1 from Oregon of all places. Not looking good for Obama on his executive action.

okie52
11/9/2014, 12:36 PM
Reports: Obama Rejected January GOP Offer on Immigration Reform
Saturday, 08 Nov 2014 08:05 AM
By Cathy Burke

An offer by congressional Republicans to work on immigration reform in January was flatly rejected by President Barack Obama, reports said Friday.

At a post-midterm election lunch and meeting that lasted two hours, House Speaker John Boehner warned Obama not to take executive action to stem deportations or allow a flood of new immigrants to enter the country, the Washington Examiner reports.

"The speaker warned that unilateral action by the president on executive amnesty will erase any chances of doing immigration reform and will also make it harder for Congress and the White House to work together successfully on other areas where there might otherwise be common ground," a spokesman told the newspaper.

Instead, Boehner asked Obama to let Republicans work on reforming and modernizing immigration early in the new session, Wyoming Republican Sen. John Barrasso told Reuters.

According to Reuters, an unnamed congressional source said Vice President Joe Biden asked Boehner how long he needed to pass a bill: "Feb. 15? March 15?" The source said Obama was visibly irritated and stopped Biden.

But a Democratic congressional source disputed that account, telling the news service, "At no time did the President cut off the Vice President." The source described Obama as "courteous and firm" during the immigration discussion.

Afterward, Maryland Democrat Rep. Steny Hoyer told CNN Obama's right to move ahead with immigration reform, saying: "Families are being wrenched apart, children are being left without a parent or parents, and that is unacceptable. But he also made it very clear that if the Congress acted, that would be the law, that would be the preferable option that he wants."

Reuters said the lunch with congressional leaders was "somber and slightly uncomfortable during a brief 4-minute photo op," with Obama squeezed between Boehner and Nevada Democrat Sen. Harry Reid, who'll give up his title as Senate majority leader in the new Congress because of the wave of Republicans who've swept Democrats from power.

Read Latest Breaking News from Newsmax.com http://www.Newsmax.com/Newsfront/republicans-reform-offer/2014/11/07/id/606125/#ixzz3IaqmzL1b

Families wrenched apart...why? Is the US stopping the illegals from taking their families with them? Unacceptable? They are not supposed to be here. What is so hard to understand about that?

11/9/2014, 02:00 PM
Heh...wages would have to climb above current benefit levels significantly enough for American citizens to do the work. 50 plus years ago there was no safety net comparable to today's that would allow citizens to sit on their *** instead of working and feeding their families. Of course granting citizenship to the illegals would put them into the same rut that current citizens rely on...higher wages or no work.

I don't weep for the illegals. This isn't the humble masses that quietly seek citizenship but rather the la raza like invaders that are disrupting congress and openly protesting in defiance of American laws while demanding their rights as"illegals".Those on the Left like it, or don't seem to think there's a problem...Aztlan, baby!(among other terrible problems)

11/9/2014, 02:03 PM

i refuse to believe the "work no American would do..." Mantra. If it is that bad, we have prison labor. They need to be worked hard anyway so they don't have idle time. We used to do it, easy work force to tap.For unreasonable reasons, the Left won't approve these logical and lawful steps.

okie52
11/9/2014, 02:34 PM
Those on the Left like it, or don't seem to think there's a problem...Aztlan, baby!(among other terrible problems)

Sad thing it isn't just the left selling out the citizens. Big labor thinks that by selling out now they can eventually have more voters that support big government and labor issues. They aren't really wrong in the long term projection on that but they are still putting it to the US taxpayer. The establisment pubs, pushed by some big business and the US Chamber of commerce, are going for the short term gain of low wages and the US taxpayers shouldering all of the costs of the illegals with the view that they can change the Hispanic vote from its historical support of big government and dems to support the pubs. Nothing in the last 40 years supports that assessment. Even after Reagan and daddy Bush championed amnesty in 86 the Hispanics rewarded them for their efforts by going 70% for the dems and Dukakis. Only during W's 2nd election in 2004 did the Hispanics ever go above 40% for the pubs and that was during the early stages of the Iraq war. Both are selling out the US taxpayer but the dems look like the long term winners on the deal and the US taxpayers and the pub base will be the big losers.

yermom
11/9/2014, 08:38 PM
amnesty is not citizenship, is it?

self deportation during the recession?

i'd rather live somewhere that people would choose over Mexico or where ever

i would also rather not live somewhere that you have to constantly worry about federal agents hunting people down for their papers. who is going to pay for that anyway? how do you keep them gone once they are out?

i don't think we really have the stomach or the money for the reality of what you guys are saying

okie52
11/9/2014, 09:49 PM
Depends on how they do "amnesty". If its like Reagan's amnesty then they can apply for it in a short time. If its like the senate version then it can take up to 13 years. Either way if they want citizenship they can get it. But once they are legal residents they are eligible for many state and federal benefits...and that is a hit to the taxpayers.

Yep, 1,000,000 left during the recession...jobs left and so did 1,000,000 of them.

I want to keep America a place where people would prefer to live over other countries. We already grant between 800,000 to 1,000,000 new citizenships every year to LEGAL IMMIGRANTS. Far more than any other country in the world. Making 11,000,000 illegals eligible for government dole and then allowing for family reunification which could mean a total of 20-30,000,000 total is not in the best interests of the country. These are low income, low skilled and poorly educated illegals that most of which will never pay any federal income taxes and probably not state income taxes either. They will be a burden to the US taxpayers.

I also want to live where people illegally in this country aren't disrupting congress or protesting on our streets DEMANDING THEIR RIGHTS. The temerity of these trespassers is unbelievable.

Federal agents wouldn't have to be tracking down illegals if border security had been upgraded after the reagan amnesty (as it was supposed to have been)...now we have 4 times the problem we had just 25 years ago. Take away the jobs and benefits and they will leave. An upgraded Everify, heavy fines and criminal sentencing for employers that knowingly hire illegals along with tight border security will get the message home to both the employer and illegals. Also defunding sanctuary cities would be great...love to see it happen.

I previously stated that US could provide temporary work visas for the illegals providing the illegals were employed. All costs would be borne by the employer for the illegal and his/her family (school, taxes, healthcare, etc...). When the job was finished the illegals leave unless they are able to find a new job when the prior job ends. Their transporation costs would also all be borne by the employer (instead of the US taxpayer).

yermom
11/9/2014, 10:15 PM
enforcing that is the problem

okie52
11/9/2014, 10:33 PM
Enforcement is costly now because we haven't done it for 25 years. Eventually you have to pay the piper.

yermom
11/9/2014, 10:43 PM
is this really that much of a priority to spend those kind of resources right now?

okie52
11/9/2014, 11:31 PM
Imo...more of a priority than what we are spending in Afghanistan and Iraq.

You can't always keep putting off financial obligations...we've already done that on border security for the last 25 years and look where that has gotten us.

11/10/2014, 01:11 PM
Enforcement is costly now because we haven't done it for 25 years. Eventually you have to pay the piper.In SO MANY ways, we keep kicking the can down the road. Doing things correctly and lawfully will have costs and hardships, and few people, if any, want to take the vital, difficult steps. Until we embark on that road, the country will continue to flounder and regress.

FaninAma
11/10/2014, 04:34 PM
The Federal Government is like the Titanic headed for the iceburg. It is too big and inefficient to have its course changed quickly. The big monied interests like it that way. They have it headed in exactly the direction they want it headed. Who cares if it sinks a few years down the road as long as they can keep siphoning off tax dollars? And there will be no life boats for anybody except those with government ties. Not only will we go down with the ship but so will our children and grandchildren.