PDA

View Full Version : Bowl Ticket Application has arrived

Tear Down This Wall
11/4/2014, 02:59 PM
...at the office this afternoon. They still actually list the College Football Playoff Games. Crazy.

The realistic options listed:

Russell Athletic Bowl - Orlando, 12/29
AutoZone Liberty Bowl - Memphis, 12/29
AdvoCare Texas Bowl - Houston, 12/29
Chik-Fil-A Peach Bowl - Atlanta, 12/31
Fiesta Bowl - Glendale, 12/31
AT&T Cotton Bowl - Dallas, 1/1
Lockheed Martin Armed Forces Bowl - Fort Worth, 1/2
Valero Alamo Bowl - San Antonio, 1/2
Cactus Bowl (yes, really) - Tempe, 1/2

BermudaSooner
11/4/2014, 03:36 PM
It really sucks when that comes after we are out of it. Same thing happened last year and I jokingly put down Sugar Bowl....so glad I did!

Tear Down This Wall
11/4/2014, 07:05 PM
Maybe if Kansas State loses three more times, we can get another one of those asterisk championships.

yermom
11/4/2014, 07:24 PM
they only have to lose twice for that, right? :)

MichiganSooner
11/4/2014, 08:33 PM
they only have to lose twice for that, right? :)

They beat us so they need to lose 3 times.

yermom
11/4/2014, 09:08 PM
not for the "asterisk" version

BermudaSooner
11/5/2014, 09:43 AM
Actually the asterisk was when Texas claimed a championship but didn't even play in the Big XII champ game

Salt City Sooner
11/5/2014, 12:50 PM
They beat us so they need to lose 3 times.
Not if another team is involved, & looking at the standings/remaining slates, that's a high possibility IF they take down the frogs this Saturday. If not, you can pretty much mail the trophy to Ft. Worth.

yermom
11/5/2014, 01:09 PM
Actually the asterisk was when Texas claimed a championship but didn't even play in the Big XII champ game

i'm assuming that it's in reference to our 2012 conference championship. we lost the tie-breaker for the bowl berth, and had a worse overall record, but the conference records were the same, thus a tie and an increment to the number on the stadium

Salt City Sooner
11/5/2014, 03:44 PM
i'm assuming that it's in reference to our 2012 conference championship. we lost the tie-breaker for the bowl berth, and had a worse overall record, but the conference records were the same, thus a tie and an increment to the number on the stadium

http://cdn3.sbnation.com/imported_assets/365192/big12champs_star.jpg

badger
11/5/2014, 04:20 PM
i'm assuming that it's in reference to our 2012 conference championship.

I remember seeing t-shirts at walmart that year and feeling dirty. Kansas State lost, so we're tied for first! Yay! Issue us a trophy!*

*One true champion my arse

yermom
11/5/2014, 04:39 PM

http://cdn3.sbnation.com/imported_assets/365192/big12champs_star.jpg

i remember that, but i don't think that is what TDTW is talking about

Salt City Sooner
11/5/2014, 05:05 PM
i remember that, but i don't think that is what TDTW is talking about
Was referring to Bermuda's quote (the one in your last post).

soonergirlNeugene
11/5/2014, 05:12 PM
The 2 loss angle requires a 5-way tie at the top of the conference. If that does happen, and odds are slim but not impossibly so (like 3 KSU losses), you know the B12 is going to catch all kinds of hell over its "one true champion" slogan.

Tear Down This Wall
11/6/2014, 04:04 PM
The 2 loss angle requires a 5-way tie at the top of the conference. If that does happen, and odds are slim but not impossibly so (like 3 KSU losses), you know the B12 is going to catch all kinds of hell over its "one true champion" slogan.

It's a stupid slogan, anyway, because a few years ago our coaches were bitching about being in a conference who had a "true champion" decided in a championship game.

Just more of college football becoming nothing more than a marketing scheme. It was so bad during Texas' feint to the Pac-12 that Bob Stoops was trotted out to say it wouldn't matter if we no longer played an annual game against Texas.

The coaches will say whatever the marketers/ADs tell them to say on behalf of the conference. Most coaches are too stupid to understand that they are pawns to the brand anyway.