PDA

View Full Version : Big 12 decided this Sat night...in Dallas

Soonerjeepman
11/4/2014, 01:35 PM
basically looking at schedules, I'd say the winner of ksu/tcu will win big 12. I know...not a big risk saying that..lol.

tcu will have the inside edge they have ut/isu/ku left..MAYBE ut can give them a run...

ksu has wv/ku/bu so two of the 3 are def tougher....

tcu wins - 5-1/8-1 prob finish 8-1/11-1 (ksu 5-1/7-2 finish 7-2 / 10-3 losses another one wv or bu)
ksu wins - 6-0/8-1 prob finish 9 -0/ 12-1 no losses or 8-1/11-2 another loss to one of last 3 (tcu 4-2/7-2 finish 7-2 / 10-2 no losses)

So probable best OU can go would be tied for 2nd...but tcu gets nod for h/h win. Chance ksu loses 3 more, all 3 but doubtful. If that happens then bu and OU would be tied for 2nd..

So, do you want tcu to win...almost assuring them of a 1 loss record, hopefully getting into playoff....OR ksu to win..then win out to have a 12-1 record and be a playoff team? Will either team with only 1 loss be in the playoffs?

BermudaSooner
11/4/2014, 02:32 PM
I'm for the situation that gets OU the best shot at a share of the title...unlikely but possible. Therefore we need TCU to win. Although if K-State does win, I will root for them to win out and get in the playoff mix.

deweydw
11/4/2014, 02:36 PM
I would like to see TCU win out and get in the playoffs. They started out as one of the little guys when they joined the conference. Or at least considered that way by some. Look at what they have achieved. It would be great for their program and good for the BigXII.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
11/4/2014, 04:43 PM
OU losing to the horny toads and kstate, both with 2-3 star programs, does not help our recruiting.

badger
11/4/2014, 04:54 PM
I remember when Baylor/OU was supposed to decide the Big 12. August is so much fun

cvsooner
11/4/2014, 04:56 PM
Technically, the Big 12 title may be decided in Ft. Worth, rather than Dallas, but your point is well taken.

8timechamps
11/4/2014, 06:47 PM
I think it would be better if KSU were to win, because TCU has a much easier schedule the rest of the season. KSU has a monster schedule to finish out the year, and it's hard to imagine they'll go unbeaten the rest of the way. Ideally, KSU would beat TCU (giving them two conference losses), and KSU drops two of their final 3 games (not likely, but both WVU & Baylor are on the road).

If we can get by Baylor, then that would be the best chance OU would have of sharing a conference title.

cvsooner
11/4/2014, 07:22 PM
I think it would be better if KSU were to win, because TCU has a much easier schedule the rest of the season. KSU has a monster schedule to finish out the year, and it's hard to imagine they'll go unbeaten the rest of the way. Ideally, KSU would beat TCU (giving them two conference losses), and KSU drops two of their final 3 games (not likely, but both WVU & Baylor are on the road).

If we can get by Baylor, then that would be the best chance OU would have of sharing a conference title.

I like the way you think. Stranger things have happened (see 2006).

8timechamps
11/4/2014, 07:37 PM
I like the way you think. Stranger things have happened (see 2006).

There's a lot of football between now and the end of the season. After we lost to Baylor last year, nobody would have guessed we'd be playing Bama in the Sugar bowl. Things will change, we just have to hope things break our way (and we take care of business). At the very least, we can still put ourselves in position to play a good team in a good bowl.

cvsooner
11/4/2014, 08:56 PM
Yep. Just keep your head down, play the games one at a time and see what happens. As it stands now, two or maybe three plays will forever haunt this season in the 'what if' category.

Soonerjeepman
11/4/2014, 10:00 PM
Technically, the Big 12 title may be decided in Ft. Worth, rather than Dallas, but your point is well taken.

my bad...stand corrected.

Soonerjeepman
11/4/2014, 10:00 PM
Yep. Just keep your head down, play the games one at a time and see what happens. As it stands now, two or maybe three plays will forever haunt this season in the 'what if' category.

if and buts were candy and nuts....but it's fun to look at.

Jeronimo
11/6/2014, 01:49 PM
Oh theres candy and nuts out there to get, but a lot of big "ifs". Its not really THAT far fetched. Stranger things have happened. I mean who would've thought Hunnicut would miss 2 FG's in one game?? I think the best scenario we can hope for is OU to be tied with KSU for 1st. But it requires TCU losing to KSU and texass in Austin (BIG IF), giving TCU 3 conf losses. Baylor losing to OU and Tech in Lubbock (I said BIG IFS), giving Baylor 3 conf losses. WV needs to lose at texass, giving them 3 conf losses. KSU losing to WV and Baylor would only give KSU 2 conf losses tho. Thus OU and KSU would tie for 1st. Obviously KSU has head to head. I don't do CO-champ anything. Definitely a VERY long shot, but your eyebrows will be raised if OU beats Baylor and KSU beats TCU. :) No, I don't see all this happening, but hey OUr Sooners are out of the big prize, might as well have some kind of fun with it.

OUmillenium
11/6/2014, 02:14 PM
KSU - love their toughness. Would love for Snyder to get in the playoff.

Don't mind TCU either but pulling more for KSU.

OU should be undefeated and ranked #1 right now.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
11/6/2014, 02:46 PM
KSU - love their toughness. Would love for Snyder to get in the playoff.

Don't mind TCU either but pulling more for KSU.

OU should be undefeated and ranked #1 right now.Reluctantly agree on either of those teams getting to playoffs. However, if either gets mauled in the playoffs, the ESPeNis and other sports media will condemn the Big 12, and that can't help recruiting for the entire league.

We definitely fell short on the 2 games we lost because of coaching. Bad play calling and failure to rush the passer enough. Of course, we STILL should have won the K-State game. Oh, well, ifs and buts and candy and nuts.

Tear Down This Wall
11/6/2014, 04:07 PM

Plagiarizing Mack Brown now? Hope we don't have any windy games remaining on the schedule.

Tear Down This Wall
11/6/2014, 04:11 PM
Go, K-State Saturday, by the way. Always old Big 8 over old SWC spares...and, especially when we have nothing to gain either way.