PDA

View Full Version : Advice for Tech game

DMSooner
11/3/2014, 02:57 PM
Thinking of making the drive out from Tucson to Lubbock for the game. Any advice on where to stay or anything? What section is the visitors sections to look for tickets in? thanks for any input!

Phil
11/4/2014, 10:47 AM
Don't stay in Lubbock. They jack the hotel rates up unmercifully for game weekends. My usual process is to stay in Amarillo on the cheap, then drive in and out on game day. I don't spend a minute more in Lubbock than I have to, haven't spent a night in Lubbock in many years, and not missing a thing. The visitors section was always in the north end zone and on that end on the east side, but I think they've moved it around. Don't have my tix here to look at, but I think we are on the west side in the north end zone this year.

cvsooner
11/4/2014, 11:22 AM
Lubbock: I spent a month there one day.

KantoSooner
11/4/2014, 11:48 AM
I have a customer in Lubbock. It was hilarious. I drove there after visiting other accounts in western OK and the TX panhandle. When I showed up, the guy was stunned. He told me no one ever visited him; that they always found a reason to cancel at the last minute. He's been a loyal customer for five years now and always tells people, "This guy actually came to ask for my business!", as though it was an alien landing or something.

That should give you some idea of the harsh reality that is Lubbock. As I mentioned in another thread, a more organized country would have put a bob wire fence around it and used it as a penal colony.