PDA

View Full Version : Talk about bad coaching/playmaking

SoCalBigRed
10/28/2014, 02:58 AM
DeMarco and his EIGHTH record setting 100+ yd game, could have and would have won that game for the Cowboys. Instead, they've got Bozo... err Romo throwing incomplete passes and getting drilled to the turf.

EDIT: What's really sad, if Adrian had a better role model, instead of an abusive jerk as a father... the two best RBs in the league, would be Sooners.

swardboy
10/28/2014, 07:30 AM
Colt McCoy acquitted himself very well. Great passing stats plus his legs could make the REDSKINS forget RGIII.

VA Sooner
10/28/2014, 07:59 AM
Not sure why they didn't go with DeMarco more so in the last two drives... cost them the game.

BoulderSooner79
10/28/2014, 09:01 AM
Romo's ego cost them. He had to play hero when he was clearly limited and that allowed the D to tee off with confidence. They would have had a better chance with Weeden.

Pride1Mom
10/28/2014, 09:23 AM
You could tell that Romo was injured, why did Garrett let him come back? Weeden was doing fine.

Tear Down This Wall
10/28/2014, 09:45 AM
When my dad called to talk about that game this morning, I told him what I always do, "Joe Gibbs doesn't coach in the NFL anymore, and Switzer and Osborn no longer coach in college. So, you're not going to have intelligent playcalling inside the 3 yard line sometimes. You're going to get these newfangled coaches and OC's trying to be cute and pass. Running the ball in from the 3 isn't sexy enough, even though a rushing touchdown and passing touchdown are both worth 6 points."

To me, 6 points is far sexier than 3. And, when you're pounding away at the other team, I always loved the mindset Gibbs/Switzer/Osborn had - "I'm going to run the ball until you prove to me that you can stop it."