PDA

View Full Version : Pump Fake WR screen play

soonercastor
10/19/2014, 09:06 PM
We had a play where we faked the WR screen then pass down the sidelines to a streaking WR. (Landry to Stills). I loved this play but haven't seen it lately. With all the sideway passes we have, we should bring it back.

yermom
10/19/2014, 10:55 PM
we've barely been running the sideways passes as it is... we generally kill people with them though, unless it's at the 2 yard line

EatLeadCommie
10/20/2014, 11:56 AM
Isn't that what we ran when Sterling hurt himself trying to catch that ball in the corner of the EZ? We usually run that play once a game. I don't like it because TK, like LJ, just chucks it up blindly without seeing if Sterling is even open.

ddub0224
10/20/2014, 12:49 PM
we've barely been running the sideways passes as it is... we generally kill people with them though, unless it's at the 2 yard line

I'll go ahead and finish it for you. ......unless it's at the 2 yard line, against tight coverage, with one receiver isolated 20 yards away and have him then run a quick out rout so the throw now has to be 25-30 yards to get to him.

Tear Down This Wall
10/20/2014, 01:23 PM
Maybe they'd run it if they thought Knight could execute it properly with some consistency.

achiro
10/20/2014, 07:28 PM
If Knight had pump faked to the receiver on the pick 6 and let the defender bite then an easy toss over him and to the house. He's got to recognise that man coverage out there and not make that throw.

yermom
10/20/2014, 07:49 PM
yeah, sometimes he seems to just get the snap and throw without looking at all

SoCalBigRed
10/21/2014, 02:37 AM
If Knight had pump faked to the receiver on the pick 6 and let the defender bite then an easy toss over him and to the house. He's got to recognise that man coverage out there and not make that throw.

That's what was so aggravating about that play. Sure, TK played a good game. But, that pick 6 was ball game, right there... and all it would have taken, was a just a little bit of recognition and patience. The man coverage was blatant and it was obvious that guy was going to bite.

KantoSooner
10/21/2014, 08:23 AM
That's what you get when you take decision making out of a player's hands. When the 'read' is predetermined, his judgment is taken out of the situation.

LakeRat
10/21/2014, 08:57 AM
That's what you get when you take decision making out of a player's hands. When the 'read' is predetermined, his judgment is taken out of the situation.

-Said an ignorant fan

WOW!! This has to be the greatest comment ever!! I am at my desk rolling right now!

KantoSooner
10/21/2014, 09:23 AM
Do you roll yours in a vaguely cone shape? Straight? Or the classic both-ends-twisted? Just curious.

LakeRat
10/21/2014, 09:48 AM
Do you roll yours in a vaguely cone shape? Straight? Or the classic both-ends-twisted? Just curious.

Depends on the situation... It is more about the company you are keeping and to what they are able to handle.

KantoSooner
10/21/2014, 10:15 AM
ah, an aficionado.

Tear Down This Wall
10/21/2014, 10:41 AM

It's only his third year in the playbook...so, give him some time.

BoulderSooner79
10/21/2014, 10:45 AM

It's only his third year in the playbook...so, give him some time.

Yep, that would have required both TK and Neal to be on the same page. I think just throwing it away would have been the most we could expect from TK at this point.

Snrinhouston
10/21/2014, 11:25 AM
That's what was so aggravating about that play. Sure, TK played a good game. But, that pick 6 was ball game, right there... and all it would have taken, was a just a little bit of recognition and patience. The man coverage was blatant and it was obvious that guy was going to bite.

And you have the nerve to say my comments are "dumb and dumber"?

There was an awful lot of football game left after that pick-6. Plenty of opportunity to win.

Was the pic-6 good? No. Was it determinative of the game? Hell no !!!!

You must have thought Zabransky's pic-6 was dispositive of the Fiesta Bowl. How'd that work out?