PDA

View Full Version : Football Gods smite OU?!?!

Curly Bill
10/18/2014, 02:43 PM
Give me a head coach who will defend his players instead of bowing down to the PC police!

Maybe the Football Gods feel the same way?!?!

...I would imagine some of the players on the team feel that way! (Though I'm sure they're not gonna say so)

Snrinhouston
10/18/2014, 02:49 PM
I dunno what the Football Gods think. But I do know that Sugar Bowl win feels like it was 10 years ago.

Sloppy sloppy play, and poor play calling at crucial moments in the game. Stoops gets ultra premium pay. The product delivered is far from premium.

aero
10/18/2014, 02:54 PM
I don't mind Stoops making big money but with it comes the responsibility of making the tough calls concerning staff that will improve said product. That was Mack Browns biggest fault and maybe cost him an NC or 2.

SCSoonerfan
10/18/2014, 02:56 PM
Pick 6, 2 missed FG, Blocked xp and a missed FG or poss TD on a dumb reverse pass were the difference. I lay blame to the coaching staff on the pick 6 and the dumb reverse pass and clearly it was on the players on the botched FG's and blocked XP. To me at least it seems things were evenly screwed up.

Eielson
10/18/2014, 02:56 PM
I'm rolling my eyes.

Sooner8th
10/18/2014, 02:57 PM
I took my flag down - it is embarrassing.

Curly Bill
10/18/2014, 03:06 PM
2 missed FG's, and a blocked XP by one of the best kickers in the country says I'm right about the Football Gods being pi**ed!

...but on the positive side I'm certain Bob is welcome at the Ladies Fall Cotillion.

Snrinhouston
10/18/2014, 03:06 PM
Pick 6, 2 missed FG, Blocked xp and a missed FG or poss TD on a dumb reverse pass were the difference. I lay blame to the coaching staff on the pick 6 and the dumb reverse pass and clearly it was on the players on the botched FG's and blocked XP. To me at least it seems things were evenly screwed up.

Yes, If the announcers are knowledgeable enough about the track record of the guy who blocked the x-point, why the hell aren't our coaches prepared for it? Or perhaps they were, and Savage just seriously busted his assignment…

Lots of little things being missed that add up to a big loss.

okiewaker
10/18/2014, 03:39 PM
The football gods are ticked at Bob and his big mansion. Okay,,,got it.

8timechamps
10/18/2014, 03:57 PM
Yes, If the announcers are knowledgeable enough about the track record of the guy who blocked the x-point, why the hell aren't our coaches prepared for it? Or perhaps they were, and Savage just seriously busted his assignment…

Lots of little things being missed that add up to a big loss.

Why would you think the coaches weren't prepared for it? I don't like to call college kids out, but Savage was very lazy in protection on that play. That's on him, not the coaches.

8timechamps
10/18/2014, 04:00 PM

I think the reverse pass was a terrible call by Heupel. There was no reason to call that play at that point (TK had looked pretty damn good, and we were running the ball decently on that drive).

On the pick 6, I don't put that on Heupel. That's a run/pass read option, TK just can't make that throw. It was a Landry Jones moment, because Landry would make those kinds of mistakes, but come right back and score (which Knight did).

This loss goes more on the players than the coaches, but there was certainly some issues with the coaches today too.

okiewaker
10/18/2014, 04:05 PM
This was all on players for not making plays, as with most games. Bob stoops mansion is not at fault here. GTFO!

soonergirlNeugene
10/18/2014, 04:07 PM
Give me a head coach who will defend his players instead of bowing down to the PC police!

PC police? Did I miss something? How has THAT affected the outcome of this game?

SoonerorLater
10/18/2014, 04:12 PM
PC police? Did I miss something? How has THAT affected the outcome of this game?

I think it means it would be good to have Frank Shannon and Joe Mixon on the field.

Curly Bill
10/18/2014, 04:18 PM

Yes! Shocker huh?

Curly Bill
10/18/2014, 04:19 PM
I think it means it would be good to have Frank Shannon and Joe Mixon on the field.

Not necessarily, but the Football Gods like it when you have your player's backs.

Curly Bill
10/18/2014, 04:20 PM

Why are you the only one talking about the Stoops mansion here???

soonergirlNeugene
10/18/2014, 04:24 PM

I guess I just don't see those cases as a matter of Stoops failing to stand up for his players. Shannon was done in by the Title IX internal investigation. If Stoops tries to influence that, we're looking at big time sanctions. And if the Mixon video is as bad as everyone says, it sounds like Stoops' call was a no-brainer. I'd characterize those two cases as a matter of poor judgment by the players, not Stoops. Feel free to disagree though.

It is funny how nobody was b!tching about the loss of those 2 being the determinative factor for our season after the WVU game.

OklaPony
10/18/2014, 04:26 PM
I think the reverse pass was a terrible call by Heupel. There was no reason to call that play at that point (TK had looked pretty damn good, and we were running the ball decently on that drive).

On the pick 6, I don't put that on Heupel. That's a run/pass read option, TK just can't make that throw. It was a Landry Jones moment, because Landry would make those kinds of mistakes, but come right back and score (which Knight did).

This loss goes more on the players than the coaches, but there was certainly some issues with the coaches today too.
What was the read option on the P6? It appeared as though he didn't read anything. Granted, I'm no offensive football whiz (actually, there probably are those that find me offensive) but it seems like that was a poor play to even have on the table at that point.

Curly Bill
10/18/2014, 04:28 PM
I guess I just don't see those cases as a matter of Stoops failing to stand up for his players. Shannon was done in by the Title IX internal investigation. If Stoops tries to influence that, we're looking at big time sanctions. And if the Mixon video is as bad as everyone says, it sounds like Stoops' call was a no-brainer. I'd characterize those two cases as a matter of poor judgment by the players, not Stoops. Feel free to disagree though.

It is funny how nobody was b!tching about the loss of those 2 being the determinative factor for our season after the WVU game.

That's lovely, but you don't suit up for OU, am I right?

soonergirlNeugene
10/18/2014, 04:30 PM
That's lovely, but you don't suit up for OU, am I right?

Do you?

8timechamps
10/18/2014, 04:30 PM
What was the read option on the P6? It appeared as though he didn't read anything. Granted, I'm no offensive football whiz (actually, there probably are those that find me offensive) but it seems like that was a poor play to even have on the table at that point.

It's a run/pass read option. He can give it to the RB, keep it, or throw it. He elected to throw.

If the safety plays off, it's a 5 yard completion. With the way the safety played it, if he gets the ball to Neal, it's a 99 yard TD. The best option on that play was to hand the ball off. It was just a mistake by TK, and he can't make that throw when the safety clamps down.

okiewaker
10/18/2014, 04:31 PM

Why are you the only one talking about the Stoops mansion here???

C'mon,,,Cotillion? This thread is NOT about the football gods. It's more about your envy/hatred toward Bob and his cash. I could be wrong,,but not likely.

Curly Bill
10/18/2014, 04:31 PM
Do you?

Really? That's your best comeback? At least try to be witty.

Curly Bill
10/18/2014, 04:32 PM
C'mon,,,Cotillion? This thread is NOT about the football gods. It's more about your envy/hatred toward Bob and his cash. I could be wrong,,but not likely.

You can make up whatever you'd like. I don't care what Bob makes as long as he gets the job done on the field.

Now, twist that into whatever makes you tingle inside.

OklaPony
10/18/2014, 04:33 PM
It's a run/pass read option. He can give it to the RB, keep it, or throw it. He elected to throw.

If the safety plays off, it's a 5 yard completion. With the way the safety played it, if he gets the ball to Neal, it's a 99 yard TD. The best option on that play was to hand the ball off. It was just a mistake by TK, and he can't make that throw when the safety clamps down.
So the read came before the ball snap? I'm not trying to be argumentative, just trying to connect the dots, so to speak.

soonergirlNeugene
10/18/2014, 04:35 PM
Really? That's your best comeback? At least try to be witty.

B/c clearly thats all thats left for you here: style points. Maybe you should take a page from Stoops' book and care less about style points in a loss.

okiewaker
10/18/2014, 04:37 PM
[QUOTE=okiewaker;4872562]

You can make up whatever you'd like. I don't care what Bob makes as long as he gets the job done on the field.

Now, twist that into whatever makes you tingle inside.

No twisting needed,,,your words are out there in the open. Anyone who can read and decipher can see. :cool:

Curly Bill
10/18/2014, 04:39 PM
B/c clearly thats all thats left for you here: style points. Maybe you should take a page from Stoops' book and care less about style points in a loss.

Clearly you are being made to look silly coming into a thread without the first damn clue what was being hinted at, but that's some quality spin and deflection there with the style points. You wanna try harder?

soonergirlNeugene
10/18/2014, 04:43 PM
Clearly you are being made to look silly coming into a thread without the first damn clue what was being hinted at, but that's some quality spin and deflection there with the style points. You wanna try harder?

Ok, so you blame "the PC police" for this loss and I'm the one trying to spin this discussion? You're always good for a laugh, Curly.

Curly Bill
10/18/2014, 04:45 PM
Ok, so you blame "the PC police" for this loss and I'm the one trying to spin this discussion? You're always good for a laugh, Curly.

Try to understand the underlying point being made, then come back and try yet again.

TrophyCollector
10/18/2014, 05:12 PM
Football Gods??? How about the truth, good teams find ways to win and bad teams find ways to lose.

Eielson
10/18/2014, 05:19 PM
Football Gods??? How about the truth, good teams find ways to win and bad teams find ways to lose.

You've just made the Football Gods even more angry...

Curly Bill
10/18/2014, 05:46 PM

Too simplistic! I'm going with Bob made the Football Gods angry with his bowing to political correctness, instead of having his players backs, and now the Gods are upset!!!

...and I'd guess more than a player or two are less than happy about that.

And for those less educated folks, I'm using rhetoric to make my point - look it up. ;)

GDC
10/18/2014, 06:17 PM
Too simplistic! I'm going with Bob made the Football Gods angry with his bowing to political correctness, instead of having his players backs, and now the Gods are upset!!!

...and I'd guess more than a player or two are less than happy about that.

And for those less educated folks, I'm using rhetoric to make my point - look it up. ;)

Zach Sanchez is obviously not happy about it. I wonder how many guys if any will let that impact their early entry into the draft.

Curly Bill
10/18/2014, 06:34 PM
Zach Sanchez is obviously not happy about it. I wonder how many guys if any will let that impact their early entry into the draft.

It's a fair question, though I don't know if we have anyone besides Shepard who might be worthy of early entry. (edit to add Jordan Phillips)

The bigger question to my thinking is how many of the players way down deep believe that Bob really has their back? And if there are any players at all questioning that, then how many of them are willing to run through that proverbial brick wall for him, and if they're not willing to do that how effective is he as a coach, at least at the level we want which is at the top of the college football world?

I know the Kool Aid drinkers will blindly deny that any player would look at Stoops with anything other than God-like adoration, but 18-23 males being what they are I'd bet there's more than Zach Sanchez who feels the way he does.

okiewaker
10/18/2014, 06:46 PM
So,,,I was right. Bash Bob thread. Uhummm,,,just leave the check,,ill cash it later.

Curly Bill
10/18/2014, 06:50 PM
So,,,I was right. Bash Bob thread. Uhummm,,,just leave the check,,ill cash it later.

Sober up, and come back when you can follow an argument that isn't laid out in black and white for you.

...and whoever denied it wasn't a bash Bob thread? He's incredibly overrated at this point and hardly irreplaceable. So yeah, run him out of Norman on a rail tomorrow and see if I give a sh*t!

okiewaker
10/18/2014, 06:59 PM
Sober up, and come back when you can follow an argument that isn't laid out in black and white for you.

...and whoever denied it wasn't a bash Bob thread? He's incredibly overrated at this point and hardly irreplaceable. So yeah, run him out of Norman on a rail tomorrow and see if I give a sh*t!

Sober up from what? Your conclusions are astonishingly ignorant, I'm just pointing it out. Am I wrong?

Curly Bill
10/18/2014, 07:02 PM
Sober up from what? Your conclusions are astonishingly ignorant, I'm just pointing it out. Am I wrong?

Your ability to understand rhetoric or nuanced thought are astonishingly ignorant - I can give ya that!

okiewaker
10/18/2014, 08:48 PM
Your ability to understand rhetoric or nuanced thought are astonishingly ignorant - I can give ya that!

My a$$ is huge, and sometimes I speak out of it. I'll take some credit for that. ;)

OklaPony
10/20/2014, 09:05 AM

So the read came before the ball snap? I'm not trying to be argumentative, just trying to connect the dots, so to speak.
Never mind, finally saw the replay. I think I get it now.

rock on sooner
10/20/2014, 09:52 AM
2 missed FG's, and a blocked XP by one of the best kickers in the country says I'm right about the Football Gods being pi**ed!

...but on the positive side I'm certain Bob is welcome at the Ladies Fall Cotillion.

Hey, CB, I think there's karma afoot for Coach Snyder...his kicker couldn't hit field
goals against Allbarn and he lost....OUr kicker missed twice against KSU and we lost,
so yer prolly right about the Gods (P.S., Snyder's teams are exceedlingly well coached
when it comes to fundamentals....they make very few mistakes!)

FlatLander
10/20/2014, 10:17 AM
Why would you think the coaches weren't prepared for it? I don't like to call college kids out, but Savage was very lazy in protection on that play. That's on him, not the coaches.

According to the quote in today's paper from Snyder, KSU overloaded one side of the line and OU did not account for it. Allowed the guy to blow right through.

Soonerjeepman
10/20/2014, 11:05 AM

HORRIBLE choice of a play call...as you said, we were moving the ball, running, TK was throwing well. We either get a FG (hopefully getting Cut his confidence back) or a TD...we lost by 1.

Sooner91ATL
10/20/2014, 11:08 AM
According to the quote in today's paper from Snyder, KSU overloaded one side of the line and OU did not account for it. Allowed the guy to blow right through.

it seems like we are never prepared for other teams' hijinx. Ever since Bradley botched the KO return vs USC. The air went out of our balloon the game before that and its never been the same.

Soonerjeepman
10/20/2014, 11:10 AM
from what I heard on the pic 6 was everyone and their dog, including the ksu defenders expected OU to run it, being on the 6 inch line. The DB was actually looking into the backfield for run support....hence he had a good jump on the ball. I guess I would have thrown deeper, thinking they are expecting us to run. Just a thought.

Pride1Mom
10/20/2014, 11:58 AM
I am tired of them complaining about the pick 6! It was not good, but the poise of Trevor Knight coming right back and in two plays tied the game. What was bad was that OUr defense could not stop Kansas State! No way should they have given up that many points!

Soonerjeepman
10/20/2014, 12:08 PM
I am tired of them complaining about the pick 6! It was not good, but the poise of Trevor Knight coming right back and in two plays tied the game. What was bad was that OUr defense could not stop Kansas State! No way should they have given up that many points!

2 things, #1 I didn't say (if you are insinuating that) TK made a bad throw...play should not have been called (go deep if ya want to throw it)....#2 D gave up 24...bad - yes, but we score 30 with all the mistakes.

yermom
10/20/2014, 12:08 PM
we spotted them at least 17 points and still almost won.

and the "PC" crap just makes you look stupid Curly

Stoops has nothing to do with Shannon. he may have gotten hosed, but by the school, not the coach. Stoops' hands are tied there.

there is nothing PC about Mixon. was it PC to kick Dusty off the team for a season too?

BoulderSooner79
10/20/2014, 12:19 PM
we spotted them at least 17 points and still almost won.

and the "PC" crap just makes you look stupid Curly

Stoops has nothing to do with Shannon. he may have gotten hosed, but by the school, not the coach. Stoops' hands are tied there.

there is nothing PC about Mixon. was it PC to kick Dusty off the team for a season too?

Wasting your keystrokes, yermom. CB probably thinks FSU should be commended for helping Winston evade the authorities on a rape charge.

Curly Bill
10/26/2014, 11:51 AM
yermom has wasted a lot of keystrokes over the years, unless he's still angling for that victim of the month award, and he does really well in that regard.

I don't think FSU should be commended at all, and it's distasteful to have Jimbo Fisher lie to our faces to protect his quarterback, but I'd bet ya that Jameis Winston feels Fisher is on "his side," (regardless of how we feel about "his side"), and FSU is still in the running for the national championship game, something we assuredly are not.

But...the ladies down at the cotillion are happy with Bob, and I'm sure so is the politician that runs the university.

In fact, if we're not all that concerned with the actual on-field performance of the team we can all be happy with him.

FaninAma
10/26/2014, 12:55 PM
from what I heard on the pic 6 was everyone and their dog, including the ksu defenders expected OU to run it, being on the 6 inch line. The DB was actually looking into the backfield for run support....hence he had a good jump on the ball. I guess I would have thrown deeper, thinking they are expecting us to run. Just a thought.
Bingo. If you are going to run a pass route that catches the defense by surprise don't run one that only goes 5 or 6 yards downfield.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
10/26/2014, 01:21 PM
I don't think FSU should be commended at all, and it's distasteful to have Jimbo Fisher lie to our faces to protect his quarterback, but I'd be ya that Jameis Winston feels Fisher is on "his side," (regardless of how we feel about "his side"), and FSU is still in the running for the national championship game, something we assuredly are not.

But...the ladies down at the cotillion are happy with Bob, and I'm sure so is the politician that runs the university.

In fact, if we're not all that concerned with the actual on-field performance of the team we can all be happy with him.Nicely said.

There has to be a way to keep ND out of the playoffs. I don't feel confident in knowing just what really happened to get the ref to throw the flag on that touchdown pass by the nd qb(which got erased), but more of that needs to happen.

Curly Bill
10/26/2014, 01:55 PM
Nicely said.

There has to be a way to keep ND out of the playoffs. I don't feel confident in knowing just what really happened to get the ref to throw the flag on that touchdown pass by the nd qb(which got erased), but more of that needs to happen.

The other ND receivers cleared out all the defenders (blocking them with the ball in the air) so that the one receiver would be left wide open. It was a call that would have been criminal not to have made it.

yermom
10/26/2014, 09:28 PM
yermom has wasted a lot of keystrokes over the years, unless he's still angling for that victim of the month award, and he does really well in that regard.

I don't think FSU should be commended at all, and it's distasteful to have Jimbo Fisher lie to our faces to protect his quarterback, but I'd bet ya that Jameis Winston feels Fisher is on "his side," (regardless of how we feel about "his side"), and FSU is still in the running for the national championship game, something we assuredly are not.

In fact, if we're not all that concerned with the actual on-field performance of the team we can all be happy with him.

you are the one acting like Mixon is a victim of some PC agenda.

he's the victim of his own stupidity. just like Broyles was. and Dusty.

Curly Bill
10/26/2014, 10:12 PM
Mixon is indeed the victim of his own stupidity - mainly that he decided to stay at OU when anyone with half a clue would have left.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
10/26/2014, 11:05 PM
nm