PDA

View Full Version : City of Houston....if ANYONE believes this is ok your a total >>>>>

Soonerjeepman
10/15/2014, 11:56 AM
A$$,,,

just wow. I thought this was America...this is going downhill fast. A small suburb of KC in KS passed a similar "non-discrimination" ordinance....This is how it will happen. Small towns, cities, etc...will pass these laws...not the feds.

The city of Houston has issued subpoenas demanding a group of pastors turn over any sermons dealing with homosexuality, gender identity or Annise Parker, the city’s first openly lesbian mayor. And those ministers who fail to comply could be held in contempt of court.

“The city’s subpoena of sermons and other pastoral communications is both needless and unprecedented,” Alliance Defending Freedom attorney Christina Holcomb said in a statement. “The city council and its attorneys are engaging in an inquisition designed to stifle any critique of its actions.”

The subpoenas are just the latest twist in an ongoing saga over the Houston’s new non-discrimination ordinance. The law, among other things, would allow men to use the ladies room and vice versa. The city council approved the law in June.

The Houston Chronicle reported opponents of the ordinance launched a petition drive that generated more than 50,000 signatures – far more than the 17,269 needed to put a referendum on the ballot.

However, the city threw out the petition in August over alleged irregularities.

After opponents of the bathroom bill filed a lawsuit the city’s attorneys responded by issuing the subpoenas against the pastors.

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2014/10/14/city-houston-demands-pastors-turn-over-sermons/

TheHumanAlphabet
10/15/2014, 01:54 PM
i wont say what the mayor is, but its rude and describes a part of the anatomy. what a piece of horse**** crap from the dyke mayor. one of these days people will wake up to this Orwellian crap and revolt!

Sooner in Tampa
10/15/2014, 02:19 PM
They are scrambling in Houston... (http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/volokh-conspiracy/wp/2014/10/15/houston-mayor-criticizes-city-lawyers-subpoenas-of-sermons/)

Mayor Parker agrees with those who are concerned about the city legal department’s subpoenas for pastor’s sermons. The subpoenas were issued by pro bono attorneys helping the city prepare for the trial regarding the petition to repeal the new Houston Equal Rights Ordinance (HERO) in January. Neither the mayor nor City Attorney David Feldman were aware the subpoenas had been issued until yesterday. Both agree the original documents were overly broad. The city will move to narrow the scope during an upcoming court hearing. Feldman says the focus should be only on communications related to the HERO petition process.

Soonerjeepman
10/15/2014, 06:27 PM
pretty easy to cover your back side AFTER people hear about it and raise stink. No way in he11 she didn't know about it. If she didn't then that's another slap on the council and her for NOT knowing what the lawyers are doing.
Either way..POS. (them, not you)

TheHumanAlphabet
10/17/2014, 07:45 PM
The other part. Of this law will allow men to use women bathrooms...

rock on sooner
10/17/2014, 09:08 PM
Holy Crap, not NO, but HELL NO! I'm not sure I believe what I just read..REALLY,
someone wants to read sermons ahead of time? Now, I've heard things about Texans...
Censor? Hmmm, not sure about the politics but it sure is messed up, no matter the
party.....

olevetonahill
10/17/2014, 09:53 PM
Holy Crap, not NO, but HELL NO! I'm not sure I believe what I just read..REALLY,
someone wants to read sermons ahead of time? Now, I've heard things about Texans...
Censor? Hmmm, not sure about the politics but it sure is messed up, no matter the
party.....

Bro, Its a Lib, Dyke Mayor who now wants to wave her Vag and say Im here and Im Queer!

yermom
10/18/2014, 12:15 AM
isn't part of the deal for them to get tax exempt status that they aren't supposed to be telling their congregation how to vote, or am i imagining that?

Soonerjeepman
10/19/2014, 01:17 AM
where does it say they are telling them who to vote for? or how? I go to mass every week and not once has any priest said vote for this or that...they have said to stand up for your morals and your conscious.

yermom
10/19/2014, 06:41 AM
do you attend services in one of the churches subpoenaed?

olevetonahill
10/19/2014, 07:20 AM
isn't part of the deal for them to get tax exempt status that they aren't supposed to be telling their congregation how to vote, or am i imagining that?

Even so that would fall to the IRS to investigate NOT the City.
A city Mayor Nor the City prosecutors have the authority to blanket subpoena a group Pastors work notes or sermons on suspicion only.

TheHumanAlphabet
10/19/2014, 03:03 PM
this is all about the attempt to put this on the ballot to be voted on by the people. it will likely lose, so dyke mayor crony city attorney denied the ballot petitions because of "fraudulent signatures" never mind they had 4 times the sigs needed. the churches through an intermediary sued the city and there is a court case to hear whether the sigs are valid and to put it on a ballot. the city is fighting this. so they are going after the pastors and want to shame them.

okiewaker
10/19/2014, 03:12 PM
Null