PDA

View Full Version : Oklahoma vs Kansas State score predictions

cherokeebrewer
10/14/2014, 01:34 PM
With 2 weeks to prepare, Bill Snyder will have disected every conceivable match up and every OU tendency, with no stone left unturned (He also could do this in a week). They will bring a solid focused defense ready to play and like every other opponent will stack the box against the run and make TK beat them with his arm. Frankly, I would like to see us go to more of a power run game with some screens, play action/roll out passes and a long shot or two downfield. The way to beat them is to...just go out on the field and beat them. A WR not named Shepard still needs to step up. Dual threat QB Jake Waters is certainly more dangerous than Tyrone Swoopes, so lookout.

Side note: Steven Parker is gonna be good...

Special request: Would the Locketts please stop having boy babies...

Sooners 27 Wildcats 17

SoonerMarkVA
10/14/2014, 01:35 PM
OU 23
KSU 21

8timechamps
10/14/2014, 01:39 PM
Sooners 31
Purple Aggies 20

birddog
10/14/2014, 01:41 PM
33-31. Tight game. Like John Holmes- breaking- in a -virgin- tight.

KantoSooner
10/14/2014, 01:42 PM
The message finally sinks in and we do a bit of roll out passing and outside running.

OU 34
KSU 17

BetterSoonerThanLater
10/14/2014, 02:10 PM
home game. We get our **** together Tonka goes off for 215, TK throws for 250 and 2 TDs. Defense puts a complete game together

34-10 OU

rock on sooner
10/14/2014, 02:14 PM
First half hangover from RRR...get in gear in 2nd....

OU 38 Purple Kitties 13

tnraider1
10/14/2014, 02:32 PM
I'm not understanding all these confidence picks, but I hope you are all right. I think we will be lucky to win this one, same feeling I had with TCU.

OU - 27
KSU - 26

SoonerPride
10/14/2014, 02:33 PM
OU 37
KSU 25

bmjlr
10/14/2014, 02:41 PM
For all the reasons mentioned in the first post, I am not as confident. Unless all the players and coaches pull their heads out, OU could be in trouble. Living in Kansas, good lord I hope I am wrong....

OU28
KSU31

kbsooner21
10/14/2014, 02:46 PM
OU 31
KSU 16

EatLeadCommie
10/14/2014, 02:49 PM
Stoops is in denial.

KSU 31
OU 17

BermudaSooner
10/14/2014, 03:17 PM
KSU 31
OU 38

SCSoonerfan
10/14/2014, 03:52 PM
OU 11
KSU 9

8timechamps
10/14/2014, 04:22 PM
I'm not understanding all these confidence picks, but I hope you are all right. I think we will be lucky to win this one, same feeling I had with TCU.

OU - 27
KSU - 26

K-State isn't as good as TCU, and even in that game, we threw away many opportunities to win. K-State is always a formidable team, but I think a lot of people are pointing to the Auburn game as a reason to believe KSU will be so tough. As it turns out, Auburn isn't as good as advertised.

I'm not saying it's going to be an easy win (my prediction is 31-20), but if KSU is to come to Norman and win, they'll have to play a perfect game and we'll have to play poorly (just like in 2012). I just don't see that happening. KSU is not as good as they were two years ago, and we are better than we were in 2012.

IslandSooner
10/14/2014, 07:57 PM
Maybe Snyder utilizes the bye about like we did????
OU 31
KSU 28

Therealsouthsider
10/14/2014, 08:39 PM
....Snyder falls asleep on the sideline and nobody has the balls to wake him up

....OU 27 - kitty 17

ss

tnraider1
10/15/2014, 10:21 AM
I agree that this KSU team is not as good as the 2012 version, but I am no where close to being convinced that we are better. Good teams covert on 3rd down. (2012 - 52% , 2014 - 36%) In 2012 we had better receivers, a better offensive line, and a better QB. I'm not usually such a Debbie Downer, but an ugly loss followed by an ugly win against a crappy Texas team doesn't give me much to hang on to. It's a home game, which is the only reason I still think we win this week. I had very high hopes to begin this season, but now I see us as a 3 loss team by year's end. Hopefully they can right the ship and get it in gear.

Pride1Mom
10/15/2014, 10:30 AM
The best thing I saw last Saturday was NO turn overs!!

Bourbon St Sooner
10/15/2014, 11:23 AM
Well I thought we were going to lose last year and that worked out well. Maybe, in a flashback to last year, they'll let TK run an actual read option rather than the read handoff? Nah.

purple kitty 26 OU 20.

Soonerjeepman
10/15/2014, 12:03 PM
(He also could do this in a week).

lol...no doubt. I don't much about football (coaching) but dang I think I can figure out the formula...

OU 24
ksu 20

Soonerjeepman
10/15/2014, 12:11 PM
K-State isn't as good as TCU, and even in that game, we threw away many opportunities to win. K-State is always a formidable team, but I think a lot of people are pointing to the Auburn game as a reason to believe KSU will be so tough. As it turns out, Auburn isn't as good as advertised.

I'm not saying it's going to be an easy win (my prediction is 31-20), but if KSU is to come to Norman and win, they'll have to play a perfect game and we'll have to play poorly (just like in 2012). I just don't see that happening. KSU is not as good as they were two years ago, and we are better than we were in 2012.

points 40.8/40.5
D 21.0/21.5

passing 1200 yrd 7 td/3 pics
1500 yrd 6 td/5 pics

rushing td 14/12

look pretty similar to me. I'd put ksu's qb a tad better in the decision making at this point. btw, ksu/ou on the stats

ksu ranked 14 OU 11 in both polls
ksu 15 OU 11 in espn power polls.

I'm thinking this will be a nail bitter, unless Stoops opens the running up. The DELAYED by a million seconds hand-off will NOT work with ksu's d.

I will give OU the nod in competition...and the fact we've played 2 true road games and at Dallas. ksu only played at isu and that was a squeaker.

cvsooner
10/15/2014, 12:32 PM
Absolutely have to shut down Tyler Lockett, and Waters is no slouch. I'll give the home edge to Stoops and the fact Snyder really has only beaten Bob, what, twice?

By the way, the Texas game this year reminded me of the OSewe game last year. We probably shouldn't have won that one either but we did. We actually played better in this game than that one, with the third quarter being the safety valve. I think once we got up 31-13 everybody relaxed a bit figuring the 'Horns would give up. Didn't happen.

Back to this game: Think it will still be close, though we are due to play better. 24-20, us'ns.

Sooner91ATL
10/15/2014, 01:26 PM
ou 24
ksu 31

deweydw
10/15/2014, 02:34 PM
Sooners - 35
Hello kittys - 23

KantoSooner
10/15/2014, 03:51 PM
Sooners - 35
Goodbye kittys - 23

FIFY

Phil
10/15/2014, 04:01 PM
Us - some points.
Them - less points than us.

bmjlr
10/15/2014, 04:13 PM
The best thing I saw last Saturday was NO turn overs!!

That is because they didn't have time, or run enough plays to turn it over!!! I kid, I kid!!!:drunk:

FlatLander
10/15/2014, 04:14 PM
OU 27
KSU 13

Curly Bill
10/15/2014, 05:36 PM
KSU 28

OU 17

birddog
10/15/2014, 05:48 PM
There's the CB we all know and love!

Curly Bill
10/15/2014, 08:16 PM
There's the CB we all know and love!

Yup! Never been a Kool Aid drinker, and I wouldn't be surprised if we don't lose Saturday. Wouldn't be surprised if we beat them comfortably either.

If it was being played in Kansas I'd take KSU all day long.

8timechamps
10/15/2014, 08:26 PM
I agree that this KSU team is not as good as the 2012 version, but I am no where close to being convinced that we are better. Good teams covert on 3rd down. (2012 - 52% , 2014 - 36%) In 2012 we had better receivers, a better offensive line, and a better QB. I'm not usually such a Debbie Downer, but an ugly loss followed by an ugly win against a crappy Texas team doesn't give me much to hang on to. It's a home game, which is the only reason I still think we win this week. I had very high hopes to begin this season, but now I see us as a 3 loss team by year's end. Hopefully they can right the ship and get it in gear.

I *think* we're a better team, but the past two weeks have certainly put that into question. I feel like this team will get it turned around, and get things corrected down the stretch, but until it happens it's just hope.

We definitely have to get things sorted out and play better. KSU will capitalize on our mistakes, so it's going to be crucial that we don't give them any to capitalize on.

sendbaht
10/16/2014, 04:21 AM
not sure the score but we win by more the 2 TDs..

vtsooner21
10/16/2014, 04:33 AM
Good Guys------24
Purple Uglies----23

Boomer

SoonerorLater
10/16/2014, 07:54 AM
We follow the Texes game plan again. Two kickoff returns for a couple of TDs, a couple of scores off defense and two field goals.

OU - 34
KSU - 30

msteudem
10/16/2014, 04:20 PM
Sooners 38
The Fighting Snyders 9

This will be our statement game!

aurorasooner
10/16/2014, 06:39 PM
If the Sooner offense doesn't @%^& the bed with 3 and outs like the couple of weeks and lets our D rest some, we get a long distance TD or 2 or our D gets 1 or 2 TOs especially early and our D doesn't let a track meet of easy crossing routes develop behind our LBs, then OU 35 or 38 and KSU 21 or 24

If our offense continues their 3 and out drought especially early, our D lets another average QB have an All-American type day and we don't get too much pressure on the pass rush, and Lockett runs wild in our secondary especially across the middle, then KSU 35 or 38 and OU 24 or 28.

I just don't know which Sooner Team and especially which game-plan from our O coordinator will show up (outside of us running up the middle and praying for something to open up). I also don't have too much confidence that our O can adjust at halftime if we fall behind at the half because the Old Man is one step ahead of them with 2 weeks to prep. Our D, I think, can adjust at the half, it's just, will they have anything left in the tank in the 4th, if O continues with their woes.

8timechamps
10/16/2014, 06:46 PM
points 40.8/40.5
D 21.0/21.5

passing 1200 yrd 7 td/3 pics
1500 yrd 6 td/5 pics

rushing td 14/12

look pretty similar to me. I'd put ksu's qb a tad better in the decision making at this point. btw, ksu/ou on the stats

ksu ranked 14 OU 11 in both polls
ksu 15 OU 11 in espn power polls.

I'm thinking this will be a nail bitter, unless Stoops opens the running up. The DELAYED by a million seconds hand-off will NOT work with ksu's d.

I will give OU the nod in competition...and the fact we've played 2 true road games and at Dallas. ksu only played at isu and that was a squeaker.

They look similar, until you look at the schedules next to each other. With WVU, TCU and Texas out of the way, we've played a much better schedule than KSU. In fact, KSU has the most difficult remaining schedule in the conference (they've only played ISU and Tech, two of the bottom 3).

This weekend will tell us a little more about both teams, but I have a feeling KSU's defense isn't as good as the media believes or the stats would indicate. Trevor Knight put up 41 points on KSU last year, on the road. They (KSU defense) isn't that much different this year. But, getting a bye week will help them. I just think OU is better overall.

Blue
10/16/2014, 07:21 PM
OU 55 Ksu 13. We show up.

okiewaker
10/16/2014, 09:00 PM
OU-40
KSU-28

pac10SUX
10/16/2014, 10:43 PM
Boomer Sooner - 34
purple nurple - 27

Soonerjeepman
10/16/2014, 11:18 PM
They look similar, until you look at the schedules next to each other. With WVU, TCU and Texas out of the way, we've played a much better schedule than KSU. In fact, KSU has the most difficult remaining schedule in the conference (they've only played ISU and Tech, two of the bottom 3).

This weekend will tell us a little more about both teams, but I have a feeling KSU's defense isn't as good as the media believes or the stats would indicate. Trevor Knight put up 41 points on KSU last year, on the road. They (KSU defense) isn't that much different this year. But, getting a bye week will help them. I just think OU is better overall.

i stated that at the end...but being confident does a team good.

Salt City Sooner
10/16/2014, 11:28 PM

I like that sentiment, but it's a little misleading. Sanchez had that pick 6, & Saunders had that gutsy (& probably ill-advised, but I'm definitely not complaining) punt return back to the KSU 3.

I'd also be downright shocked (albeit very pleasantly so) if they defended us the same way as they did last year. They basically kept their safeties deep for the large majority of the game, which allowed Clay & Knight to go nuts on the ground. Considering our passing game woes of the past 2 games, that'd be pretty much the last thing I'd expect from them.

Here's to me being so far off base that I'm on the other side of the foul line. :)

ouduckhunter
10/17/2014, 02:42 PM
OU 49 - 20

Soonerjeepman
10/17/2014, 04:16 PM
both tcu and horns showed everyone how to beat the Sooners...load up the box, put the receivers 1/1 and make knight beat by the long pass. Yes, OU went 1/1 but if it wasn't for the horns total collapse on offense I don't think we win that one.

I know Stoops and Co know more than I'll ever about college football but it's pretty clear the play calling, either by design of not want Knight to run, or just what it is...won't work on good d teams that load the box.

As I said, close one, OU by a TD

8timechamps
10/17/2014, 05:59 PM
I like that sentiment, but it's a little misleading. Sanchez had that pick 6, & Saunders had that gutsy (& probably ill-advised, but I'm definitely not complaining) punt return back to the KSU 3.

I'd also be downright shocked (albeit very pleasantly so) if they defended us the same way as they did last year. They basically kept their safeties deep for the large majority of the game, which allowed Clay & Knight to go nuts on the ground. Considering our passing game woes of the past 2 games, that'd be pretty much the last thing I'd expect from them.

Here's to me being so far off base that I'm on the other side of the foul line. :)

Good points. Knight certainly didn't put up all those points himself, and the pick 6/Saunders crazy punt return were big plays too. My point was more to his capability against a very similar group for KSU. I hope we see more of that kind of TK than what we saw against Texas (and late in the TCU game).

I think you're right on the mark with your thoughts about the way KSU will play OU (different from last year). With two weeks off to prepare, I'm sure Snyder & Co. will have a different game plan, and no doubt they'll be a challenge.

8timechamps
10/17/2014, 06:14 PM
both tcu and horns showed everyone how to beat the Sooners...load up the box, put the receivers 1/1 and make knight beat by the long pass. Yes, OU went 1/1 but if it wasn't for the horns total collapse on offense I don't think we win that one.

I know Stoops and Co know more than I'll ever about college football but it's pretty clear the play calling, either by design of not want Knight to run, or just what it is...won't work on good d teams that load the box.

As I said, close one, OU by a TD

I don't agree with that. Go back to the WVU game two years ago...that was a perfect example of a team's weakness getting exposed. Our issues at LB were exposed for all to see. The bad part was that there wasn't a quick fix to that problem...and we got exploited by A&M because of it.

The past two games weren't a 'blueprint' for how to beat us, unless the blueprint is to have us play mediocre to terrible mentally. There was a play in the Texas game (we were on defense...third and long) that changed how that game played out (I know you can't put an outcome on one play, but it changed everything). I'm not going to call out the player, but it was a bad mental bust, and Texas scored an important TD. Had we held on that drive, the game is over and we end up winning something like 31-17. My point is that it had nothing to do with lack of talent, or even scheme...it was one guy not on the same page as the others. That's not a blueprint to victory unless the opposing teams can somehow hypnotize our players to continue to make those kinds of mistakes.

After going back and watching the last two games, there were more uncharacteristic break-downs (on offense and defense) than I've seen in the past 12 games. Things started clicking for the defense at half-time last week, but there's still a lot to clean up (as illustrated in the above example). As for the offense, again it's not just one thing, it's guys not being on the same page, coaches not getting plays in, and lots of inconsistent play.

We aren't 1-1 (with the one victory being ugly) because we've been figured out, we're 1-1 because, for whatever reasons, we've just looked really sloppy the past two games. If we continue to play that way, we'll continue to be in tough, close games to the end. If we can get back to everyone doing their job, and we have seen that more than once this year, we will have a much easier time defeating teams (even the good ones). I still don't think there's a team in the conference as talented in all three phases as OU, but we have to show up.

Loading the box and playing man behind is nothing new to this group. Outside of TCU, we've seen that from every team we've played over the past 10-12 games. Knight/OU has only 1 loss over that time frame, so we know this team has the ability to get past that...they just have to be consistent.

What makes me nervous about this game is not knowing which OU team shows up against KSU. It could be a close, back and forth type game, or it'll be a lopsided OU victory.

Soonerjeepman
10/17/2014, 09:25 PM
What makes me nervous about this game is not knowing which OU team shows up against KSU. It could be a close, back and forth type game, or it'll be a lopsided OU victory.

totally agree here....I guess I saw Knight run more than what he's done the last 2 weeks. I just HATE that delayed handoff....ugh. Hopefully the OU team that doesn't have too many busts will show. Already catching crap up here~

Judge Smails
10/17/2014, 09:41 PM
Heupel has Ebola symptoms and is placed in quarantine before kickoff:

OU - 27
MildKatz - 17

Mookie91
10/18/2014, 11:05 AM
K State 34 OU 24

Curly Bill
10/18/2014, 03:24 PM
KSU 28

OU 17

We scored more than I thought we would, and though I'm hardly psychic I saw this one coming.

We're not a very good team, and not remotely well coached. KSU though short in the talent department is gonna be well coached as long as Snyder is there - thus we get what happened today.

birddog
10/18/2014, 06:05 PM
33-31. Tight game. Like John Holmes- breaking- in a -virgin- tight.

If hunnicut doesn't miss like the fan at halftime did it's possible I would have nailed it. But if he *did* make it I had no faith we could have held ksu in the final three mins.