PDA

View Full Version : Dominque Alexander injury

azheat4u
10/12/2014, 07:10 PM
Does anyone know if his injury will keep out of the KSU game? He had a cast on his right forearm after the game.

PalmBeachSooner
10/12/2014, 09:04 PM
I haven't heard anything, but where has he been this season? Jordan Evans has twice as many tackles. Is it the 3-4 defense? I'm concerned his name isn't at the top of the leading tacklers.

FaninAma
10/12/2014, 10:54 PM
Stoops said on his show tonight he would play with the cast.

olevetonahill
10/12/2014, 11:56 PM

Thats so Teddy Lehman of him LOL

TheHumanAlphabet
10/13/2014, 01:06 AM
Is he the person with the thumb injury?

cherokeebrewer
10/13/2014, 07:21 AM
Is he the person with the thumb injury?

Yes

Boomer.....
10/13/2014, 07:34 AM
He went back in the game with the cast on. They haven't X-rayed it, but he should be fine.

dwarthog
10/13/2014, 08:02 AM
He went back in the game with the cast on. They haven't X-rayed it, but he should be fine.

Is that according to Bob? IF so, he's out for the rest of the season...

BoulderSooner79
10/13/2014, 08:12 AM

Did you stay at a Holiday Inn Express or something?

birddog
10/13/2014, 09:49 AM
Not to be captain obvious...Its easy to forget frank shannon is suspended because every one has moved on to the players available, yet i cant help but think his leadership and tackling ability would have made a massive difference for this defense. Has gastellum played lb in the last 2 wks?

dwarthog
10/13/2014, 10:16 AM
Not to be captain obvious...Its easy to forget frank shannon is suspended because every one has moved on to the players available, yet i cant help but think his leadership and tackling ability would have made a massive difference for this defense. Has gastellum played lb in the last 2 wks?

Yep. Losing Frank wasn't a good thing.

OUinFLA
10/13/2014, 12:08 PM

/StoopsTranslation] "The funeral will be Thursday or Friday, send flowers, please" /StoopsTranslation]

dwarthog
10/13/2014, 12:28 PM
/StoopsTranslation] "The funeral will be Thursday or Friday, send flowers, please" /StoopsTranslation]

Damn that Ebola and the plane it flew in on!

SoonerorLater
10/13/2014, 12:50 PM
No need to worry. Frank Shannon will be able to step up and fill in the slack...... oh wait, never mind

8timechamps
10/13/2014, 05:54 PM
I haven't heard anything, but where has he been this season? Jordan Evans has twice as many tackles. Is it the 3-4 defense? I'm concerned his name isn't at the top of the leading tacklers.

Not sure what statistics you're looking at, but Alexander is tied with Evans leading the team in tackles. This is updated and includes Saturday's Texas game:

Player
Tackles (solo & assisted)

Alexander, Dominique

Evans, Jordan

Thomas, Ahmad

Striker, Eric

Hayes, Quentin

Grissom, Geneo

Sanchez, Zack

Wilson, julian

Ndulue, Chuka

Tapper, Charles

Phillips, Jordan

The tackle chart looks exactly how it should for a 3-4 defense (LBs leading, followed by FS and the D-line at the bottom). I'd be concerned if our safeties were at the top, but it's not really close.

Boomer.....
10/14/2014, 07:21 AM
ALEXANDER RETURNS WITH THUMB BRACE

Just before Zack Sanchez’s second-quarter interception return for a touchdown, Sooners linebacker Dominique Alexander — Oklahoma’s leading tackler on the season and in Saturday’s game to that point — left with an injury.

Alexander had to head into the locker room when his thumb got trapped while making a tackle with teammate Charles Tapper on Texas’ Johnathan Gray.

After a drive with Aaron Franklin on the field as his replacement, Alexander returned with his right hand heavily wrapped.

“I’ve still got to go out and get X-rays,” Alexander said after the game. “It was different. It was harder to use my hands, but it’s something I have to get used to.”

Alexander finished with 11 tackles.

Oklahoma’s other middle linebacker, Jordan Evans, led OU with 14.

http://newsok.com/article/5352842