PDA

View Full Version : Greatest Active Rivalry in Texas This Weekend!

SicEmBaylor
10/10/2014, 06:04 PM
Yes...it's that time of the year for the greatest active rivalry game in the state of Texas. Two teams that represent the absolute best in the state of Texas will square off for the 110th time....a rivalry that started in 1899. Yes, it's time for Baylor vs TCU! The first time both teams have been ranked in the Top 10 nationally. It'll be one for the ages with absolutely EVERYTHING riding on the outcome.

Sic 'Em Bears!

BigTip
10/10/2014, 06:06 PM
It really is amazing.

Who woulda thunk it?

SicEmBaylor
10/10/2014, 06:26 PM
It really is amazing.

Who woulda thunk it?

It's a weird world. Sometimes I wake up thinking I've been transported into some weird parallel universe. From Kevin Steele to this? The Football Gods took some pity on us.

BoulderSooner79
10/10/2014, 07:04 PM
It's a weird world. Sometimes I wake up thinking I've been transported into some weird parallel universe. From Kevin Steele to this? The Football Gods took some pity on us.

And those Gods are fickle and do easily anger. Be careful out there.

EatLeadCommie
10/10/2014, 07:55 PM
Snore.

TAFBSooner
10/10/2014, 09:02 PM
Lotta modifiers in that first sentence. :-)

But good luck tomorrow.

olevetonahill
10/10/2014, 09:15 PM
Lotta modifiers in that first sentence. :-)

But good luck tomorrow.

To Kinda paraphrase the Kings quote

Some People finally get on 3rd base and think they've won the ****in World Series!

8timechamps
10/10/2014, 09:19 PM
Pulling for the Bears tomorrow.

olevetonahill
10/10/2014, 09:23 PM
Pulling for the Bears tomorrow.

Sic is almost gettin unBEARable enough for me to root for the frogs.
at least this one game.

8timechamps
10/10/2014, 10:03 PM
Sic is almost gettin unBEARable enough for me to root for the frogs.
at least this one game.

I want the Bears to win, and keep winning...until they get to Norman. Then I want to see them bleed! Poor Sic won't be able to go out in public for weeks after that beatdown.

olevetonahill
10/10/2014, 10:21 PM
I want the Bears to win, and keep winning...until they get to Norman. Then I want to see them bleed! Poor Sic won't be able to go out in public for weeks after that beatdown.

You ferget who yer talkin about. The Boy drinks Zima in Public. Rode a Moped in public. drives or drove a Miata in public . Was/ was gonna be a Bridesmaid for his ex GF In public.
The boy has no shame!

olevetonahill
10/10/2014, 10:28 PM

You ferget who yer talkin about. The Boy drinks Zima in Public. Rode a Moped in public. drives or drove a Miata in public . Was/ was gonna be a Bridesmaid for his ex GF In public.
The boy has no shame!

vtsooner21
10/10/2014, 10:28 PM
I'm wondering if this also appears on the Baylor site if one exists.

olevetonahill
10/10/2014, 10:35 PM
I'm wondering if this also appears on the Baylor site if one exists.

What appears? Yes there is a Baylor board. Ive been there 1nc or twice.

BigTip
10/11/2014, 10:38 AM
We of course need Baylor to win today.

cherokeebrewer
10/11/2014, 06:20 PM
And those Gods are fickle and do easily anger. Be careful out there.

Well now, that was somewhat prophetic...

cherokeebrewer
10/11/2014, 07:07 PM
The Football Gods are still on Baylor's side. What a wild game...

BoulderSooner79
10/11/2014, 08:03 PM
The Football Gods are still on Baylor's side. What a wild game...

I thought those Gods were in smite mode and were poise to take out the Bears and finish us off in one fell swoop. Then they got all soft and new testament-y at the end. All was forgiven.

Flagstaffsooner
10/11/2014, 08:34 PM
SicEm went tru 3 cases of Depends during that game.

bmjlr
10/11/2014, 09:05 PM
I'm wondering how the he** OU can possibly keep up with Baylor in scoring...heck, Ksu scares me.

BoulderSooner79
10/11/2014, 09:12 PM
SicEm went tru 3 cases of Depends during that game.

Who makes Depends? I wanna buy their stock first thing Monday…

SicEmBaylor
10/11/2014, 09:33 PM
I was hunkered down in the corner of the room in the fetal position with a Zima for most of that game.

SicEmBaylor
10/11/2014, 09:34 PM
I'm pretty sure I died of a stroke a few hours ago and this is my ghost talking.

8timechamps
10/11/2014, 09:38 PM
That was a hell of a game to watch. I wanted Baylor to win, but it didn't look good for a large portion of the game.

I'm sure it wasn't "fun" from a BU or TCU fan's perspective...but from my perspective, that's one of the best games I've seen this year.

EDIT: I tip my Zima to you Sic

SicEmBaylor
10/11/2014, 09:54 PM
That was a hell of a game to watch. I wanted Baylor to win, but it didn't look good for a large portion of the game.

I'm sure it wasn't "fun" from a BU or TCU fan's perspective...but from my perspective, that's one of the best games I've seen this year.

EDIT: I tip my Zima to you Sic

In 2011 when we beat TCU on a FG, Briles never watched to see whether it was good or not. He gave Patterson this cold 'death stare' locking eyes with him the entire time. He kind of became famous for it from within Baylor circles for how cold blooded that made Briles seem.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HDqMMbWD17s

Tonight with the last second FG to win the game? This was Briles again:
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BztJ51FCYAEP1xe.jpg:large

That dude does NOT like Patterson; he also has ice water running through his veins.

Blue
10/11/2014, 10:12 PM
Cool Story, Bro....

Aries
10/11/2014, 10:17 PM
Congrats, SicEm... that was an incredible game!

BoulderSooner79
10/11/2014, 10:35 PM
I was hunkered down in the corner of the room in the fetal position with a Zima for most of that game.

Who makes Zima? I wanna buy their stock first thing Monday morning…

okiewaker
10/11/2014, 11:09 PM
I need to get those 2 teams recipe for scoring.

tooslow
10/12/2014, 12:13 AM
The BU players don't like Patterson either. After the game, the DC had to pull a player away from Patterson, who said the player was threatening him. DC said the player was just doing the usual mouthing off. lol

SicEmBaylor
10/12/2014, 01:15 AM
The BU players don't like Patterson either. After the game, the DC had to pull a player away from Patterson, who said the player was threatening him. DC said the player was just doing the usual mouthing off. lol

Patterson is a bleeding vagina.

BoulderSooner79
10/12/2014, 02:30 AM
Patterson is a bleeding vagina.

He looks more like boob sweat.

tycat947
10/12/2014, 10:26 AM
The Hypocrite Bowl! True Hypocrite wins!!!

Eielson
10/12/2014, 10:38 AM
Cool Story, Bro....

Dooshy, smug, and condescending...

TAFBSooner
10/14/2014, 08:37 AM
That dude does NOT like Patterson; he also has ice water running through his veins.

What's the history there?

OUmillenium
10/14/2014, 10:36 AM
In 2011 when we beat TCU on a FG, Briles never watched to see whether it was good or not. He gave Patterson this cold 'death stare' locking eyes with him the entire time. He kind of became famous for it from within Baylor circles for how cold blooded that made Briles seem.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HDqMMbWD17s

Tonight with the last second FG to win the game? This was Briles again:
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BztJ51FCYAEP1xe.jpg:large

Love it, thanks! Briles is the man. I wonder, who is atop the Soonerfans list of most hated coaches right now? Patterson?

Fun game. When TCU went up by 21 late I quit watching for a while...flipped back later and BU was kicking extra point for the tie! Great finish.

SicEmBaylor
10/15/2014, 08:08 AM
In defense of our defense:

I re-watched the game last night, and I'm actually fairly pleased with how well our defense did despite the final score.

A big chunk of their score was of no to little fault of the defense. For example:
1 TD was from a KO return.
1 TD was from a 'pick 6' by Petty.
1 TD was the result of a very short field because we went for it on a 4th down and didn't convert.
3 FGs

Those three TDs that weren't the fault (or of little fault) of the defense would have brought the score down to 37. The defense also limited them to 3 FGs for another 9 points.

We also stopped them inside our 10 for what amounted to at least 5-6 downs because of a penalty that gave them a 1st and brought them half the distance to the goal (2nd yard line). They ended up getting a FG out of it, but our defense held inside the 10 for basically 5-6 downs (forget what it was).

Point being -- despite the numbers, our defense did pretty damned well especially later in the game. We got burned on the 'big plays' but otherwise kept their offense in check.

KantoSooner
10/15/2014, 08:25 AM
I wonder, who is atop the Soonerfans list of most hated coaches right now? Patterson?

I would think Kliffie. Not in the sense that he's a 'rival' but in the sense that one grows to hate a tedious annoyance that doesn't go away.

Pride1Mom
10/15/2014, 10:10 AM
I remember when people thought Baylor wasn't good enough for the Big XII.