PDA

View Full Version : MORE GREAT NEWS! New Jobless Claims Four-Week Moving Average Lowest Since Early 2006

Sooner8th
10/9/2014, 05:48 PM
Come on guys, go check your rightwingnut sites and the RNC and find the black ring around the silver cloud. Labor participation rate, right?

Down there even lower reagan's lowest four week moving average

http://www.advisorperspectives.com/dshort/charts/indicators/weekly-unemployment-claims.gif

http://www.advisorperspectives.com/dshort/updates/Weekly-Unemployment-Claims.php

FaninAma
10/9/2014, 07:53 PM
That must be the great news that is driving the stock market over the past 3 weeks. LOL.

REDREX
10/9/2014, 08:00 PM
That must be the great news that is driving the stock market over the past 3 weeks. LOL.---Hope we don't get anymore good news if that is what is driving stock prices

Sooner8th
10/9/2014, 08:40 PM
That must be the great news that is driving the stock market over the past 3 weeks. LOL.

Do you really think that has anything to do with it? See if you can learn anything.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/what-s-making-the-stock-market-act-so-crazy-181536777.html

FaninAma
10/11/2014, 07:59 PM
Equity markets are down world-wide because economies are slowing down and GDP growth is being revised downward. The Obama administration can tout the employment figures any way they want to but the people with the money(big equity investors) understand the true picture.

The stock markets went up on easy money from the Fed and Central banks but not even that will keep them from falling with increasing signs of an emerging recession. If the market breaks below strong technical support at 16,000 then it might really get ugly. But I am sure all of those new part time, low paying jobs Obama is touting will pull us out of it. LOL.

Sooner8th
10/11/2014, 09:03 PM
Equity markets are down world-wide because economies are slowing down and GDP growth is being revised downward. The Obama administration can tout the employment figures any way they want to but the people with the money(big equity investors) understand the true picture.

The stock markets went up on easy money from the Fed and Central banks but not even that will keep them from falling with increasing signs of an emerging recession. If the market breaks below strong technical support at 16,000 then it might really get ugly. But I am sure all of those new part time, low paying jobs Obama is touting will pull us out of it. LOL.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ss2hULhXf04

Just can't give the guy any credit can you? You are so indoctrinated by ignorant conservative righwingnut talking points nothing can break through your stupidity. Almost six MILLION jobs created, lowest new jobless claims average since 2006, stock market at an all time high, no amount of data and facts can make you see the truth.

Hating unions and minimum wage, isn't low paying jobs just what conservatives and their business masters want? Why you bitchin' about it bro?

REDREX
10/11/2014, 10:36 PM
Barack does get credit for the all time high in the number of people on food stamps and the huge increase in the national debt---not to mention a completely failed foreign policy----Lets hear it for the second coming of Jimmy Carter

FaninAma
10/11/2014, 10:56 PM
Sooner8th, I don't know what to tell you. The wage gap between the upper class and middle class/lower class is getting bigger. Wages have been stagnant for over a decade. The employment participation rate continues to fall. Obama's approval rating on how he is handling the economy continues to fall. Now these trends didn't start under his administration but they have accelerated since he has been in office. And I can assure you that his approval numbers aren't falling just due to conservative, right-wing nut jobs hating on your guy.

But please, by all means, continue to spin away and try to paint a rosy picture of how well the economy is doing. It is this same disconnect that between the spin by Obama and what people are really experiencing that are causing his approval numbers to continue to fall despite the "great" employment numbers.

Sometimes I get the impression you are a troll because you serve up these softball issues that are tailor made to enable conservatives to point out Obama's failures and poor performance in economic matters. .

Sooner8th
10/12/2014, 09:39 AM
Sooner8th, I don't know what to tell you. The wage gap between the upper class and middle class/lower class is getting bigger. Wages have been stagnant for over a decade. The employment participation rate continues to fall. Obama's approval rating on how he is handling the economy continues to fall. Now these trends didn't start under his administration but they have accelerated since he has been in office. And I can assure you that his approval numbers aren't falling just due to conservative, right-wing nut jobs hating on your guy.

But please, by all means, continue to spin away and try to paint a rosy picture of how well the economy is doing. It is this same disconnect that between the spin by Obama and what people are really experiencing that are causing his approval numbers to continue to fall despite the "great" employment numbers.

Sometimes I get the impression you are a troll because you serve up these softball issues that are tailor made to enable conservatives to point out Obama's failures and poor performance in economic matters. .

Finally, a post where you are actually lucid. No name calling, but unfortunately for you the facts don't back up your positions.

Of course you don't know what to tell me, I can tell you that you do not know what spin is. Giving facts and data is not spin, claiming data is fudged and forged - fall 2012 unemployment data falling infamously claimed by jack welsh it changed turned out later the job growth numbers were adjusted UP - unemployment rate drops - it's labor participation rate - which people who have stopped looking for work because of being discouraged has been cut in half since obama took office - now it's jobless claims dropping - suddenly you are worried about the wage gap and talking about obama's approval rating. THAT is spin.

Why are you suddenly worried about the wage gap? It has been growing since 1980 when reagan took office, this is how your party wants it! You and your party hate unions, think the minimum wage is unconstitutional, blocked pay packages for ceo's being approved shareholders legislation. When the auto companies needed bailouts republicans demanded union tear up their contracts and renegotiate, but when the left demanded ceo's and management do the same republicans cried out THEY HAVE CONTRACTS and dubya said you should be allowed to make as much money as you can! Witness the lengths republican senator and governor of Kentucky went to get VW to not vote in a union, threatening to block government funds and loans if they did. Obama job approval rates have been falling since he got busted for lying about being able to keep your insurance.

As for being a troll and putting up softball issues that are tailor made to enable conservatives to point out Obama's failures and poor performance in economic matters, the data says the exact opposite!! I put these FACTS up to show the depths of conservatives delusion about the reality of the economy and obama's performance. One of the treads on this board shows that obama's performance is one of the best of modern presidents as good if not better than reagan.

FaninAma
10/12/2014, 12:19 PM
Yes, the trends started before Obama but they are accelerating under Obama. I think both Bush's were horrible presidents. You're the one that continues the god-like worshipping of Obama and the Democrats. Until both sides are willing to criticize their man for their shortcomings nothing will ever change. You are part of the status quo. Congrats.

And please, you are the worst name caller on the board.

Sooner8th
10/12/2014, 02:20 PM
Yes, the trends started before Obama but they are accelerating under Obama. I think both Bush's were horrible presidents. You're the one that continues the god-like worshipping of Obama and the Democrats. Until both sides are willing to criticize their man for their shortcomings nothing will ever change. You are part of the status quo. Congrats.

And please, you are the worst name caller on the board.

They have been accelerating under obama? Not what this chart says.

http://www.cbpp.org/images/cms/11-28-11pov-f2.png

You claiming that I "god-like worshiping of Obama and the Democrats" is laughable, show me where I have. I only point out the facts, the ones you will not accept. Until the right is willing to accept facts and data as real and are willing to criticize their leaders for their shortcomings and recognize and admit when their policies have failed or are failing, nothing will ever change. You, my friend, are the status quo. Congrats.

FaninAma
10/12/2014, 02:51 PM
Ok. Here's a challenge. Name 2 issues or policies of Obama that you disagree with. BTW you do realize the chart in your last post shows the income gap increasing after Obama took office following the stock market losses at the end of the Bush administration....don't you?

Do you understand the primary driver in the widening wage gap? Here's a hint: look at the graph in your post and recall what financial/market events were occurring. Isn't it curious that it occurs under both Democratic and Republican administrations? Why is that? I will await your "fact-filled" explanation anxiously.

TheHumanAlphabet
10/12/2014, 02:58 PM
Come on guys, go check your rightwingnut sites and the RNC and find the black ring around the silver cloud. Labor participation rate, right?

Down there even lower reagan's lowest four week moving average
http://www.advisorperspectives.com/dshort/charts/indicators/weekly-unemployment-claims.gif

More lies and falsehoods...

hey 8th, I have some beach front property in Arizona if you believe in this crap I'd like to sell you.

Sooner8th
10/12/2014, 03:07 PM
Ok. Here's a challenge. Name 2 issues or policies of Obama that you disagree with. BTW you do realize the chart in your last post shows the income gap increasing after Obama took office following the stock market losses at the end of the Bush administration....don't you?

Do you understand the primary driver in the widening wage gap? Here's a hint: look at the graph in your post and recall what financial/market events were occurring. Isn't it curious that it occurs under both Democratic and Republican administrations? Why is that? I will await your "fact-filled" explanation anxiously.

LOL, you make an allegation and then tell me to disprove it. The burden of proof is on you. Like I said before, show me where I have worshiped obama god-like.

You, just like your fellow republicans, have selectively read the chart. The top 1% was over 300% increase under bush, but under obama it is just over 200% and you claim it is accelerating under obama. Once again the facts don't back up your claim.

FaninAma
10/12/2014, 03:29 PM
LOL, you make an allegation and then tell me to disprove it. The burden of proof is on you. Like I said before, show me where I have worshiped obama god-like.

You, just like your fellow republicans, have selectively read the chart. The top 1% was over 300% increase under bush, but under obama it is just over 200% and you claim it is accelerating under obama. Once again the facts don't back up your claim.
Can't name 2 issues or Obama policies you disagree with....can you? How about one single issue or policy?

Also you do realize the graph in your post only shows the income gap trend through 2010.

Can you at least tell us the primary driver of the income gap increase?

I find that amazing or proof of the assertion you are a troll. I took you off ignore to have this conversation but if you are that big of an ideologue or just being a dishonest troll then you are a waste of time and , quite frankly, your behavior and vehement dislike of those with opposing view points is more than a little bit disturbing.

One issue or policy! Just one! That's all! You can do it!

Sooner8th
10/12/2014, 04:24 PM
Can't name 2 issues or Obama policies you disagree with....can you? How about one single issue or policy?

Also you do realize the graph in your post only shows the income gap trend through 2010.

Can you at least tell us the primary driver of the income gap increase?

I find that amazing or proof of the assertion you are a troll. I took you off ignore to have this conversation but if you are that big of an ideologue or just being a dishonest troll then you are a waste of time and , quite frankly, your behavior and vehement dislike of those with opposing view points is more than a little bit disturbing.

One issue or policy! Just one! That's all! You can do it!

WOW again, the burden of proof is on you!! What part of that do you not understand? YOU make an assertion then expect me to disprove it, typical conservative republican. Yes I understand the chart is from 2010, I couldn't find an up to date one, show me one that is up to date. You are the one who brought it up, you tell me what the primary driver of income inequality.

What is truly disturbing is your absolute unwillingness to believe facts and data that do not support your beliefs. You speak of spin by me, but yet you now want to argue about income inequality when this thread is about New Jobless Claims Four-Week Moving Average Lowest Since Early 2006.

If you think my behavior and vehement dislike of those with opposing view points is more than a little bit disturbing, put me back on ignore! You have nothing to share.

Go back and look through these threads and look at the talk of libs, libtard and every other limbaugh\savage\faux "news" insult towards non-conservatives and see where the real intolerance of opposing views are.

FaninAma
10/12/2014, 05:44 PM
WOW again, the burden of proof is on you!! What part of that do you not understand? YOU make an assertion then expect me to disprove it, typical conservative republican. Yes I understand the chart is from 2010, I couldn't find an up to date one, show me one that is up to date. You are the one who brought it up, you tell me what the primary driver of income inequality.

What is truly disturbing is your absolute unwillingness to believe facts and data that do not support your beliefs. You speak of spin by me, but yet you now want to argue about income inequality when this thread is about New Jobless Claims Four-Week Moving Average Lowest Since Early 2006.

If you think my behavior and vehement dislike of those with opposing view points is more than a little bit disturbing, put me back on ignore! You have nothing to share.

Go back and look through these threads and look at the talk of libs, libtard and every other limbaugh\savage\faux "news" insult towards non-conservatives and see where the real intolerance of opposing views are.
Disprove what? I'm not asking you to prove anything. All I'm asking is if you disagree with Obama on anything. If you don't just say so.

Sooner8th
10/12/2014, 06:02 PM
Disprove what? I'm not asking you to prove anything. All I'm asking is if you disagree with Obama on anything. If you don't just say so.

Here is where I get into trouble on this board. When I read your posts I really have to wonder what your IQ level is. You accuse me of god-like worshiping of obama and challenge me to prove it is not true by naming two policies I disagree with. You want me to disprove I do not have a god-like worship of obama by naming two policies of his disagree with.

Sooner8th
10/12/2014, 06:03 PM
More lies and falsehoods...

hey 8th, I have some beach front property in Arizona if you believe in this crap I'd like to sell you.

What lies and falsehoods? What crap is this? Please explain what you mean.

FaninAma
10/12/2014, 06:25 PM
Here is where I get into trouble on this board. When I read your posts I really have to wonder what your IQ level is. You accuse me of god-like worshiping of obama and challenge me to prove it is not true by naming two policies I disagree with. You want me to disprove I do not have a god-like worship of obama by naming two policies of his disagree with.
I will assume that you don't disagree with anything Obama does. I'll leave other posters to call that level of adoration whatever they want to call it.

One of the most liberal members of the US Senate isn't shy about voicing her disagreements with Obama.
http://www.salon.com/2014/10/12/exclusive_elizabeth_warren_on_barack_obama_they_pr otected_wall_street_not_families_who_were_losing_t heir_homes_not_people_who_lost_their_jobs_and_it_h appened_over_and_over_and_over/

Sooner8th
10/12/2014, 07:04 PM
I will assume that you don't disagree with anything Obama does. I'll leave other posters to call that level of adoration whatever they want to call it.

So here we go. Like I said this is where I get myself in trouble on this board. You sir, are a simpleton. I have stated it over and over you have the lowest IQ on this board. I laid out why it is your responsibility to prove your assertion, not mine. Of course you are going to assume I don't disagree with anything obama does, because you and your ilk do that with ANY republican and you cannot imagine anyone thinks for themselves, the strict adherence to the reagan rule. You have proved nothing about me and my politics. You have answered no questions of mine nor provided any evidence of my "god-like worship" of obama.

My point on this board is a simple one - you and your ilk, conservatives, are brainwashed lemmings who blindly follow any talking point point any crazy rightwingnut talking ANYONE presents so you won't have to question your beliefs. Conservatives on this board repeatedly post about other democrats not blindly following obama and voicing disagreements is proof that republicans cannot imagine disagreeing with someone from their own party. No amount of data or facts can make you see the light.

The number one rule of being in a hole is to stop digging.

REDREX
10/12/2014, 07:59 PM
You are blind to the damage that Obama is doing to this country-----The Poverty rate increasing , The job market poor , incomes falling and the foreign policy of this country now a joke. Why isn't Barack out on the campaign trail----Because no one wants to be seen with him

FaninAma
10/12/2014, 08:16 PM
Sooner8th, thank you for clearing up what little doubts I had about you being a troll. I am pretty sure that your alter ego is Sicem. Similar styles of posting and you are trying entirely too hard to be unlikeable and insulting.

olevetonahill
10/12/2014, 08:58 PM
Sooner8th, thank you for clearing up what little doubts I had about you being a troll. I am pretty sure that your alter ego is Sicem. Similar styles of posting and you are trying entirely too hard to be unlikeable and insulting.

Aint Sic em bro. KC, trust me

FaninAma
10/12/2014, 09:01 PM
Aint Sic em bro. KC, trust me
Seems logical but Sicem hasn't been around much since Sooner8th made his appearance.

Sooner8th
10/12/2014, 11:09 PM
Well if it ain't the three stooges! None of you have a clue. What damage is Obama doing to this country? 6 million jobs? ----The Poverty rate increasing? REALLY? This graph shows it decreasing after rising under GUESS HOW DUBYA!! Here is a little chart that shows the poverty rate fell to it's lowest in 2000 then climbed during the bush years to a peak in 2010 then falling until now.

Try again.

http://cf.datawrapper.de/Mnuc9/4/

The job market poor? 6 million jobs created since he took office, more jobs than in any time in our history. Incomes falling? Started under bush who put us into a rescission. Incomes ALWAYS fall during rescissions, supply and demand.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-apps/imrs.php?src=http://img.washingtonpost.com/blogs/wonkblog/files/2014/09/Screen-Shot-2014-09-16-at-10.52.42-AM.png&w=1484

Foreign policy of this country now a joke? What do you want him to do that is different? Send our war weary troops to fight ISIL?

Why isn't Barack out on the campaign trail----Because no one wants to be seen with him? So you think with ISIL in the mideast and ebola you think he should be out campaigning? It is a mid term with a lower turnout that favors republicans, so why would he be out? Do you think this is any different than bush or clinton or fdr or ike and in 1986 democrats gained 8 seats in the senate, losing it. Why do you act like it such a big deal?

Man, learn history.

TheHumanAlphabet
10/13/2014, 12:56 AM
Brack "I hate America" obummer will go down as the worst President ever, Jimmah Cahtah now no longer holds that position. The Leftist will also go down as the most extra-constitutional president ever, usurping that from FDR. In fact, He makes FDR look like an amateur. I can't wait to see what The Leftist does when he no longer has the Senate. I bet it will be slash and burn for most of the constitution he can usurp. I wonder how quickly some one will sue him and his extra-constitutional edicts.

REDREX
10/13/2014, 07:22 AM
You have to be one of the most arrogant fools I have ever run into----Barack always seems to find time for a fundraiser---7 last week I believe

dwarthog
10/13/2014, 08:26 AM
Dang you guys haven't put this fool on iggy yet? He's incapable of providing anything useful to a conversation unless you are interested in the latest demagoguery from from the DNC channel.

Sooner8th
10/13/2014, 08:40 AM
Brack "I hate America" obummer will go down as the worst President ever, Jimmah Cahtah now no longer holds that position. The Leftist will also go down as the most extra-constitutional president ever, usurping that from FDR. In fact, He makes FDR look like an amateur. I can't wait to see what The Leftist does when he no longer has the Senate. I bet it will be slash and burn for most of the constitution he can usurp. I wonder how quickly some one will sue him and his extra-constitutional edicts.

This is just a straight regurgitation of rightwingnut talking points. dubya is easily going down in history as our worst president along with coolidge and hoover. All three brought us into the two worst economic calamities in our history.

olevetonahill
10/13/2014, 08:43 AM
Dang you guys haven't put this fool on iggy yet? He's incapable of providing anything useful to a conversation unless you are interested in the latest demagoguery from from the DNC channel.

He so stupid even Duct tape cant fix him.

Sooner8th
10/13/2014, 08:48 AM
You have to be one of the most arrogant fools I have ever run into----Barack always seems to find time for a fundraiser---7 last week I believe

Beat him up for not being on the campaign trail then beat him up for being on it. You guys need to makeup your minds. EVER president does this in their sixth year. Go look at history. Now tell me republicans favorite whine when it comes to obama "IT"S DIFFERENT!"!

REDREX
10/13/2014, 09:11 AM
Beat him up for not being on the campaign trail then beat him up for being on it. You guys need to makeup your minds. EVER president does this in their sixth year. Go look at history. Now tell me republicans favorite whine when it comes to obama "IT"S DIFFERENT!"!----I didn't beat him up for not being on the campaign trail-----None of the candidates want him in their state

Sooner8th
10/13/2014, 09:46 AM
----I didn't beat him up for not being on the campaign trail-----None of the candidates want him in their state

Typical for 6th year.

Sooner8th
10/13/2014, 10:26 AM
I want you guys to go back and look through this thread and see who is doing the spinning and deflecting. The thread and the point is that New Jobless Claims Four-Week Moving Average Lowest Since Early 2006. There is no way but to interpret this as good news, period. Look at the the side issues you guys bring up, from if he is campaigning to the numbers are forged. Our economy is growing under obama after tanking under supply-sider cuttin' taxes conservative dubya. End of story.

SoonerorLater
10/13/2014, 12:00 PM
I want you guys to go back and look through this thread and see who is doing the spinning and deflecting. The thread and the point is that New Jobless Claims Four-Week Moving Average Lowest Since Early 2006. There is no way but to interpret this as good news, period. Look at the the side issues you guys bring up, from if he is campaigning to the numbers are forged. Our economy is growing under obama after tanking under supply-sider cuttin' taxes conservative dubya. End of story.

Calling BS on you and your charts. I can dig up data to support a case that Harding and Coolidge were two of our greatest presidents economically speaking. Do you not get the fact that the president has very little to do with employment? External events have much more to do with the economy than anything the president does.

Sooner8th
10/13/2014, 12:18 PM
Calling BS on you and your charts. I can dig up data to support a case that Harding and Coolidge were two of our greatest presidents economically speaking. Do you not get the fact that the president has very little to do with employment? External events have much more to do with the economy than anything the president does.

Of course you do, you are just a rightwingnut who regurgitates the conservative line.

Who said anything about harding? Coolidge one of our greatest presidents economically speaking? What are you smoking? You have to stop listening to rightwingers supply side bull**** and look up the truth. I can bet you don't even know why you love coolidge so much.

SoonerorLater
10/13/2014, 12:45 PM
Of course you do, you are just a rightwingnut who regurgitates the conservative line.

Who said anything about harding? Coolidge one of our greatest presidents economically speaking? What are you smoking? You have to stop listening to rightwingers supply side bull**** and look up the truth. I can bet you don't even know why you love coolidge so much.

Of course it's silly you knucklehead that's the point. The same as what you are saying is. The USA experienced growth under Coolidge but that doesn't mean there is a 1 for 1 relationship between who happens to be the president at any given time and economic growth. Here read this

http://www.theatlantic.com/business/archive/2014/07/why-the-economy-grows-faster-under-democrats-than-republicans/375180/

or this

http://www.economist.com/news/united-states/21611143-why-economy-has-grown-faster-under-democratic-presidents-timing-everything

Before you start screeching about "rightwing nut websites" this is Atlantic.com and the Economist

Sooner8th
10/13/2014, 12:57 PM
Of course it's silly you knucklehead that's the point. The same as what you are saying is. The USA experienced growth under Coolidge but that doesn't mean there is a 1 for 1 relationship between who happens to be the president at any given time and economic growth. Here read this

http://www.theatlantic.com/business/archive/2014/07/why-the-economy-grows-faster-under-democrats-than-republicans/375180/

or this

http://www.economist.com/news/united-states/21611143-why-economy-has-grown-faster-under-democratic-presidents-timing-everything

Before you start screeching about "rightwing nut websites" this is Atlantic.com and the Economist

What the hell do you mean by of course it's silly? What are you talking about?

SoonerorLater
10/13/2014, 01:21 PM
What the hell do you mean by of course it's silly? What are you talking about?

Sigh........ It's silly for the reason, that just because I can gin up some dubious metric(s) to advance a case that Harding or Coolidge were great presidents for the economy, doesn't make it so. The same way you use stats to make a case for Barack Obama. Your charts, graphs etc are self-serving pablum. Did you even read the links (not rightwing nut websites either)?

Sooner8th
10/13/2014, 02:11 PM
Sigh........ It's silly for the reason, that just because I can gin up some dubious metric(s) to advance a case that Harding or Coolidge were great presidents for the economy, doesn't make it so. The same way you use stats to make a case for Barack Obama. Your charts, graphs etc are self-serving pablum. Did you even read the links (not rightwing nut websites either)?

The economist isn't a conservative magazine? Your article in the atlantic shows two graphs both showing the economy does significantly better under dems than pubs. Then they claim it's from outside reasons like oil shocks, go look at historical oil prices and that is not always the case. I find it funny that clinton gets no credit, obama gets no credit with the right claiming it nothing a president can do about the economy, but you all fall into line behind reagan and how he had it right and how wonderful the economy was under him.

SoonerorLater
10/13/2014, 02:42 PM
The economist isn't a conservative magazine? Your article in the atlantic shows two graphs both showing the economy does significantly better under dems than pubs. Then they claim it's from outside reasons like oil shocks, go look at historical oil prices and that is not always the case. I find it funny that clinton gets no credit, obama gets no credit with the right claiming it nothing a president can do about the economy, but you all fall into line behind reagan and how he had it right and how wonderful the economy was under him.

The best thing a president can do for the economy is stay out of the way. Politicians helping the economy are like little kids wanting to help their mom and dad. Cute maybe but generally underfoot and in the way. To the extent the President can expand our freedoms that will help the life in general, economy included. You just selectively use stats to reinforce your personal ideals.

And no the Economist is not conservative: "According to former editor Bill Emmott, "the Economist's philosophy has always been liberal, not conservative".

Sooner8th
10/13/2014, 02:56 PM
The best thing a president can do for the economy is stay out of the way. Politicians helping the economy are like little kids wanting to help their mom and dad. Cute maybe but generally underfoot and in the way. To the extent the President can expand our freedoms that will help the life in general, economy included. You just selectively use stats to reinforce your personal ideals.

And no the Economist is not conservative: "According to former editor Bill Emmott, "the Economist's philosophy has always been liberal, not conservative".

Have you ever subscribed to the economist? I use to but got sick of their conservative economics.

SOME readers, particularly those used to the left-right split in most democratic legislatures, are bamboozled by The Economist’s political stance. We like free enterprise and tend to favour deregulation and privatisation. But we also like gay marriage, want to legalise drugs and disapprove of monarchy. So is the newspaper right-wing or left-wing?

http://www.economist.com/blogs/economist-explains/2013/09/economist-explains-itself-0

Staying out of the way is exactly what coolige did, stayed out of the way and let wall street run wild refusing to regulate them. That lead directly to the depression.

Tell me again how the best thing a president can do is stay out of the way.

SoonerorLater
10/13/2014, 03:09 PM
Have you ever subscribed to the economist? I use to but got sick of their conservative economics.

SOME readers, particularly those used to the left-right split in most democratic legislatures, are bamboozled by The Economist’s political stance. We like free enterprise and tend to favour deregulation and privatisation. But we also like gay marriage, want to legalise drugs and disapprove of monarchy. So is the newspaper right-wing or left-wing?

http://www.economist.com/blogs/economist-explains/2013/09/economist-explains-itself-0

Staying out of the way is exactly what coolige did, stayed out of the way and let wall street run wild refusing to regulate them. That lead directly to the depression.

Tell me again how the best thing a president can do is stay out of the way.

Then couldn't you say the same thing about Clinton? The Nasdaq got cut in about half when the tech bubble broke precipitating more bubble blowing and credit creation.

REDREX
10/13/2014, 03:24 PM

And no the Economist is not conservative: "According to former editor Bill Emmott, "the Economist's philosophy has always been liberal, not conservative".----Correct

Sooner8th
10/13/2014, 03:38 PM
Then couldn't you say the same thing about Clinton? The Nasdaq got cut in about half when the tech bubble broke precipitating more bubble blowing and credit creation.

WOW, you really don't know your history do you? Under coolidge wall street was barely regulated, fraud and margin trading. Show me the fraud on wall street in the tech bubble. It was a natural bubble caused by people wanting to get in on the tech craze. Did the tech bubble toss us into a depression? NO. BTW the tech bubble only lasted 1997 -2000.

You and your fellow conservatives ability to suspend reality and facts when they disagree with your beliefs is laughable. If presidents really don't have any control or influence why did your party's last nominee entire campaign center around he know how to create jobs?

FaninAma
10/13/2014, 05:36 PM
Hey Sooner8th, have you thought of an issue yet which you disagree with Obama?
No? Nothing?

Cue the insults.

SoonerorLater, you do realize that Sooner8th is just on the board to be as disagreeable as possible and insult as many people as possible.

Sooner8th
10/13/2014, 06:10 PM
No? Nothing?

Cue the insults.

SoonerorLater, you do realize that Sooner8th is just on the board to be as disagreeable as possible and insult as many people as possible.

One more time - it is not up to me to prove to you I do not god-like worship obama. You prove I do.

SicEmBaylor
10/13/2014, 07:45 PM

I don't know why you would think he is me (he isn't) when I agree with you nearly 100% of the time outside of football.

REDREX
10/13/2014, 08:09 PM
SICEM----You got lucky last Saturday ----Patterson must have lost his mind

FaninAma
10/13/2014, 08:46 PM
Sorry Sicem. Just thought you might be trying to prove a point through an absurd, made-up persona totally opposite of your own views. Plus, I haven't seen you around much. Guess I was wrong and Ol vet was right.

yermom
10/13/2014, 09:07 PM
No? Nothing?

Cue the insults.

pretty much anyone with a dissenting view is burned at the stake here. you either return in kind or stop posting, or the most part. there is not much civil disagreement around here, especially without people that have met face to face

8th has pretty much been on the defensive since he started posting here from what i can tell. it's not like anyone on the other side has let up with the insults.

it's funny though, i was saying the same things about the Bush economy before it tanked

and yeah, the tech bubble was basically bursting as 9/11 happened. i was watching it all happen at OU with all the MIS majors leaving for dotcom and Y2K jobs paying crazy money

FaninAma
10/13/2014, 09:47 PM
Yermom, sooner8th was offensive from the very first time he posted on the board. In a thread about immigration he called me a bigot in his first ever response to one of my posts.

Curly Bill
10/13/2014, 09:48 PM
8th is just KC coming back as the flaming loser he was when he was booted from here.

SicEmBaylor
10/14/2014, 05:39 AM
Sorry Sicem. Just thought you might be trying to prove a point through an absurd, made-up persona totally opposite of your own views. Plus, I haven't seen you around much. Guess I was wrong and Ol vet was right.

Nah man. I've never made an alt/troll account in my entire life. This is it, but there were a lot of people who thought this was someone else's troll account for a very long time! :D

REDREX
10/15/2014, 08:56 AM
Oil will soon be below $80 from slowing demand ---- the stock market is in the tank---- Barack's approval rating is 40% , tell me again about the great job he is doing, I am sure he will spend his last two years blaming Republicans and playing golf

dwarthog
10/15/2014, 09:30 AM
Remain claim. All is well. More numbers in support of "The One's" greatness are on the way.

SoonerorLater
10/15/2014, 09:47 AM
WOW, you really don't know your history do you? Under coolidge wall street was barely regulated, fraud and margin trading. Show me the fraud on wall street in the tech bubble. It was a natural bubble caused by people wanting to get in on the tech craze. Did the tech bubble toss us into a depression? NO. BTW the tech bubble only lasted 1997 -2000.

You and your fellow conservatives ability to suspend reality and facts when they disagree with your beliefs is laughable. If presidents really don't have any control or influence why did your party's last nominee entire campaign center around he know how to create jobs?

Read and learn chump. "Natural Bubble"? Whatever the hell that is. You don't have the first clue what you are talking about do you? Fraud was rampant in the tech bubble.

http://www.bmartin.cc/dissent/documents/health/citianalysts.html

Sooner8th
10/15/2014, 11:39 AM
Read and learn chump. "Natural Bubble"? Whatever the hell that is. You don't have the first clue what you are talking about do you? Fraud was rampant in the tech bubble.

http://www.bmartin.cc/dissent/documents/health/citianalysts.html

Chump? MOI? I am not the one defending republicans who are get their *** kicked economically by democrats! Or course I know what I'm talking about. Fraud was not rampant in the tech bubble. The basis of the bubble was not fraud like the home bubble was.

Sooner8th
10/15/2014, 11:43 AM
Oil will soon be below $80 from slowing demand ---- the stock market is in the tank---- Barack's approval rating is 40% , tell me again about the great job he is doing, I am sure he will spend his last two years blaming Republicans and playing golf

Let me get this straight, the economy recovering, all the jobs lost under bush recovered - plus, stock market doubling to an all time high, obama gets no credit, but the second the market starts to drop a little it's all obama's fault. Conservatives are real *********s.

REDREX
10/15/2014, 11:48 AM
Drops a little----all the gains lost for 2014 and no good economic news on the horizon-----Barack and the boys have done nothing but hinder growth---------New highs in food stamps and welfare--- hell of a job

SoonerorLater
10/15/2014, 11:59 AM
Drops a little----all the gains lost for 2014 and no good economic news on the horizon-----Barack and the boys have done nothing but hinder growth---------New highs in food stamps and welfare--- hell of a job

Hey it's all good. You must be reading a bunch of "rightwing nut websites".

Sooner8th
10/15/2014, 12:36 PM

Once again looking at a selective sample.

That damn obama...........
http://www.fedprimerate.com/dow-jones-industrial-average-djia-history.gif

GDP growth higher than dubya's, dubya and the boys did nothing but hinder growth. You are a dumbass.

Once again the increase stated under bush - who was not dealing with the worst rescission since the last republican depression.
http://shtfplan.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/foodstamps2012.jpg

Prove your welfare claim.

REDREX
10/15/2014, 12:56 PM
The top 1% me included are happy with the stock market-----What about the people in the middle that don't benefit from the stock market?----Barack and the dems are going to get their heads handed to them in 3 weeks

REDREX
10/15/2014, 12:57 PM
Look at your own chart

REDREX
10/15/2014, 12:59 PM
You are such an *** you would probably blow Obama if you got the chance----If you have the guts to call me a dumbass to my face I live in Tulsa and may be one of the easiest people in this town to find----Wimp

Sooner8th
10/15/2014, 01:00 PM
The top 1% me included are happy with the stock market-----What about the people in the middle that don't benefit from the stock market?----Barack and the dems are going to get their heads handed to them in 3 weeks

If you have a 401k, which most do, benefited greatly. So did reagan in his sixth year, this is typical of sixth year of an incumbent president. Look it up.

Sooner8th
10/15/2014, 01:01 PM
You are such an *** you would probably blow Obama if you got the chance----If you have the guts to call me a dumbass to my face I live in Tulsa and may be one of the easiest people in this town to find----Wimp

you probably blow Obama if you got the chance - GO **** YOURSELF, DUMBASS

REDREX
10/15/2014, 01:02 PM
probably blow Obama if you got the chance - GO **** YOURSELF, DUMBASS---And you are a pathetic little wimp

Sooner8th
10/15/2014, 01:05 PM
---And you are a pathetic little wimp

That's right resort to name calling when you can't keep up the debate. You better head off and turn on faux "news" to find out what to think. HURRY, RUN FORREST RUN!

REDREX
10/15/2014, 01:08 PM
That's right resort to name calling when you can't keep up the debate. You better head off and turn on faux "news" to find out what to think. HURRY, RUN FORREST RUN!----Its not a debate ---you believe everything your are fed by the left----you might try thinking for your self it would be new to you

Sooner8th
10/15/2014, 01:10 PM
----Its not a debate ---you believe everything your are fed by the left----you might try thinking for your self it would be new to you

So, employment gains, dow jones figrues are being fed to me from the left? HUH, is that why you don't believe it?

You heard it hear first folks, dow jones is a leftist organization, so is the bureau of labor statistics!!! COMMIES!

REDREX
10/15/2014, 01:12 PM
Let me know when you are going to be in Tulsa ----Wimp

Sooner8th
10/15/2014, 01:15 PM
Let me know when you are going to be in Tulsa ----Wimp

Why? To prove what a big man you are? This is just showing what a dumbass you are. DUMBASS

DANCE MONKEY DANCE, LOL.

REDREX
10/15/2014, 01:17 PM
Why? To prove what a big man you are? This is just showing what a dumbass you are. DUMBASS---Like I said watch who you call a dumbass------ WIMP

Sooner8th
10/15/2014, 01:18 PM
---Like I said watch who you call a dumbass------ WIMP

aaawwwww did it hurt your little tyke fellings? Use your words - DUMBASS

SoonerorLater
10/15/2014, 01:50 PM
Yep, I have to agree now. 8th is just another low rent board agitator. At first I thought he was just a petulant knucklehead but there is no way anybody could be as willfully ignorant as this jackass appears to be.

Sooner in Tampa
10/15/2014, 02:12 PM
Yep, I have to agree now. 8th is just another low rent board agitator. At first I thought he was just a petulant knucklehead but there is no way anybody could be as willfully ignorant as this jackass appears to be.
He has Obammy's dong so up his *** he doesn't know which way is up...

The stock market soaring is a good thing...for rich/well to do people...and yes it does benefit many people with 401Ks (to lesser extent) but riddle me this Batman...Why is the stock market going so crazy while wages are either stagnant or going down?

Turd_Ferguson
10/15/2014, 03:31 PM
8th's dumb *** is starting to read more like StoopTroup than KC...

Curly Bill
10/15/2014, 05:34 PM
8th's dumb *** is starting to read more like StoopTroup than KC...

They were both onboard the crazy train before they got booted!