PDA

View Full Version : Ebola in KC

Soonerjeepman
10/8/2014, 12:45 PM
at lunch a co-worker said a friend is a police officer. Said they've been "training" for ebola and how to handle it etc. Told his wife...just put this in your mind...ebola is here in KC and the states for good.

Just FYI....

dwarthog
10/8/2014, 02:19 PM
Say what? I have seen anything on it being in KC yet.

Eielson
10/8/2014, 03:58 PM
Being trained before an outbreak occurs can prevent the outbreak from ever occurring.

badger
10/8/2014, 04:31 PM
Being trained before an outbreak occurs can prevent the outbreak from ever occurring.

Are you talking about Ebola or zombies?

TheHumanAlphabet
10/8/2014, 05:32 PM
But Obammy is on the job, it won't get here...

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
10/8/2014, 05:57 PM

Ebola=Real(Sadly)
Zombies = Bullsh*t(thankfully)

Besides, how would we train for zombies? FEMA Camps? 'We" are already doing that.

Eielson
10/8/2014, 07:29 PM

I'm more than adequately prepared for both.

Soonerjeepman
10/8/2014, 10:22 PM
Say what? I have seen anything on it being in KC yet.
I'm assuming you meant "haven't"...There was a spot in the news a few days ago about a case they "thought" was ebola. Haven't heard anything since.

Again, I was just passing along what a police officer said. Take it for what's it worth. I do think there's more there than what folks think.

Soonerjeepman
10/8/2014, 10:26 PM

meh...same here~

dwarthog
10/9/2014, 07:27 AM
I'm assuming you meant "haven't"...There was a spot in the news a few days ago about a case they "thought" was ebola. Haven't heard anything since.

Again, I was just passing along what a police officer said. Take it for what's it worth. I do think there's more there than what folks think.

Dammit, yeah "haven't" seen..

Thanks.

badger
10/9/2014, 09:01 AM

Let's fight both with a pool cues and Beatles music
SnTR-cG5W1I

TAFBSooner
10/9/2014, 01:12 PM
Ebola=Real(Sadly)
Zombies = Bullsh*t(thankfully)

Besides, how would we train for zombies? FEMA Camps? 'We" are already doing that.

Bumper sticker (in the Tinker parking lot):

The hardest part of preparing for the zombie apocalypse is pretending I'm not excited! (illustrated with silhouette of semi-automatic rifle)

jkjsooner
10/9/2014, 05:12 PM

There is a lot less there than some think. Ebola is easily contained in parts of Africa where it occurs frequently. It can easily be contained in modern industrialized countries.

It is just not a big deal unless we chose to ignore it. Even if we did, it probably woulnd't get as bad as in west Africa simply because we have better healthcare, trust the health care workers, and don't do stupid stuff.

The real problem is the fact that it is uncontrollable in western Africa because they were idiots. With millions possible becoming infected, we'll get Dallas happening over and over. Sometimes it will be contained to one person and sometimes it will spread to a few others. It will certainly suck for them but the rest of us will be fine.

The government and CDC isn't always lying to you...

jkjsooner
10/9/2014, 05:17 PM
How about the fools that think that this proves the the government created Ebola. Bunch of Alex Jones listening morons. (Can't figure out if Alex Jones is a right wing idiot or a left wing idiot. Probably just a normal guy who found a way to make a lot of money by playing crazy...)

http://www.google.com/patents/CA2741523A1?cl=en

Soonerjeepman
10/9/2014, 08:41 PM
lol...prob.

I'll admit, I listen to the conservative side of talk radio but I get REAL tired of them spending more time selling their books. I honestly do not like the democratic agenda, but I want FACTS. I also think the dems and pubs in Washington are in bed with each other....and most of this gridlock is just for us to get pizzed about.

rock on sooner
10/9/2014, 08:51 PM
Hmmm, Jeep...Dems and Pubs in bed with each other? Now, THAT is a heckuva stretch!
If the D's and R's are sleeping together, just a guess now, but so many STD's are flying
across the sheets that the CDC can't handle the "outbreak"? Seriously, there is so much
that is opposite with this group of monkeys that there aren't enough bananas on earth
to let them get along. To RILLY repeat myself, kick every incumbent to the curb and
hit reset for the "gubment"....

Soonerjeepman
10/9/2014, 08:59 PM
guess, I meant that they both love the bs they are putting us all through, he!! they don't care....they have their jobs and pensions. I TOTALLY agree....but no way in God's green earth they would EVER vote for term limits....interesting they get a few here and there that mention it...mainly the "tea party" ones...but never enough to get serious.

BoulderSooner79
10/10/2014, 12:24 AM
guess, I meant that they both love the bs they are putting us all through, he!! they don't care....they have their jobs and pensions. I TOTALLY agree....but no way in God's green earth they would EVER vote for term limits....interesting they get a few here and there that mention it...mainly the "tea party" ones...but never enough to get serious.

I think you're totally correct. I'm not saying D's and R's get along or are in tight collusion, but they both know it's just a game. A very lucrative and entertaining game for them. They are not paid to solve problems, they are paid to campaign and stay in office. The only way to lose is not the the other side of the aisle, but to lose an election (or even a primary). Even then, if they have been there long enough, they just skip to the private sector and become lobbyist.

Sooner in Tampa
10/10/2014, 09:48 AM
Maybe not KC...but it looks like OKC (http://houston.cbslocal.com/2014/10/10/report-oklahoma-city-hospital-isolates-patient-exhibiting-possible-ebola-symptoms/)...

OKLAHOMA CITY (CBS Houston/AP) — An Oklahoma City hospital is reportedly treating a patient exhibiting possible Ebola symptoms.
KOKH-TV (http://www.okcfox.com/story/26754650/patient-at-deaconess-hospital-being-evaluated-for-possible-ebola-symptoms) reports that Deaconess Hospital has isolated the patient after arriving to the hospital Thursday night. The Oklahoma State Health Department tells KOKH that the patient’s landlord was recently in West Africa.

A hospital spokesperson states that it is not yet a confirmed case of Ebola and that they are acting with caution while following guidelines issued by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention..

This Ebola scare comes as airline passengers arriving from Liberia, Sierra Leone and Guinea will face temperature checks using no-touch thermometers and other screening measures at five U.S. airports, starting with New York’s Kennedy International on Saturday. The measures, aimed at identifying sickly passengers from countries experiencing the Ebola outbreak, will expand over the next week to Newark Liberty, Washington Dulles, Chicago’s O’Hare and Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta international airports.

Eielson
10/10/2014, 09:59 AM
Maybe not KC...but it looks like OKC (http://houston.cbslocal.com/2014/10/10/report-oklahoma-city-hospital-isolates-patient-exhibiting-possible-ebola-symptoms/)...

Take it easy, guys. Just because somebody is being treated for ebola symptoms, doesn't mean he has ebola. Perhaps this will be the one that's different, but I've seen these headlines nearly every day.

IGotNoTiming
10/10/2014, 11:55 AM
There was a very compelling Nova on PBS the other night. It covered the complete history of the disease, the issues facing the current outbreak, the details of the drug Zmapp- the experimental drug used to treat the doctors. Etc etc. I would recommend going online to PBS and watch it. It is disconcerting and it is scary, but the quality of info is better than anything from the corporate news channels. The readiness of our infrastructure would make it nearly impossible for amass epidemic to take place here. If Zmapp can ever be made it in giant quantities, (one of its current drawbacks) we would see a much, much lower mortality rate from Ebola

Soonerjeepman
10/13/2014, 09:52 PM
saw it on the news again tonight....someone being "observed" for possible ebola

dwarthog
10/14/2014, 08:28 AM
The local news in the Tulsa area last night had someone in Owasso who went to the hospital concerned they had Ebola. They didn't fit the profile very well apparently, hadn't been to any of the countries of concern recently or in direct contact with someone that had it etc....

Maybe we are just seeing a bunch of hypochondriacs running to the ER's right now...

rock on sooner
10/14/2014, 09:43 AM
saw it on the news again tonight....someone being "observed" for possible ebola

Is this the person who came in to the U.S. from Liberia or Sierra Leone..
a health care worker who treated Ebola patients there?

Soonerjeepman
10/14/2014, 12:18 PM
yes, was on a ship? thing about it is, there was a possible case last month as well...that one ended up with Malaria, I knew I had heard a "possible" case last month as well.