PDA

View Full Version : Oklahoma vs Texas score predictions

cherokeebrewer
10/7/2014, 01:10 PM
I'm still hungover from last Saturday and in a deep state of depression, so bear with me please. The horns have a salty defense and if we play that poorly again, it will be a long day. I don't have a good feeling about this game, most likely due to my (hopefully) temporary psychosis. Make no mistake, this will not be a cakewalk and we better be ready to hit 'em in the mouth...

Sooners 20 Longhorns 14

rock on sooner
10/7/2014, 02:06 PM
IMO...
TK will not have a bad week two weeks in a row...
M Stoops will build a fire under his D....
We will run the ball...

OU 31 Whorns 10

olevetonahill
10/7/2014, 02:17 PM
I dont see their O doing much against anyone else why should they against us?
Our O may not do much but I think we wear em down and stomp em
48 -3

birddog
10/7/2014, 02:31 PM
I dont see how we can blow em out unless we jump on em early. I dont see that happening unless we improve defensively on 3rd downs

Having typed that, i think we will cause enough problems for them with our depth to win 30-20.

olevetonahill
10/7/2014, 02:43 PM
I dont see how we can blow em out unless we jump on em early. I dont see that happening unless we improve defensively on 3rd downs

Having typed that, i think we will cause enough problems for them with our depth to win 30-20.

Their O only scored 7 on baylor. I think OU will be Pissed off and on a Mission.
Im really hopin for a Shutout.
If TCU goes into Bear country and wins then we gonna Look one hell of a lot better.

dwarthog
10/7/2014, 02:46 PM
I'm confident the boys see the difference between going through the motions of game preparation and bringing your "A" game to the pitch.

The shorthorns feel their wrath! 45-10 OU

birddog
10/7/2014, 02:56 PM
Their O only scored 7 on baylor. I think OU will be Pissed off and on a Mission.
Im really hopin for a Shutout.
If TCU goes into Bear country and wins then we gonna Look one hell of a lot better.

I like your style, vet, just think after we have em 36 last year they'll muster up 2 tds and 2 fgs. My girl says im always wrong so it wont be shocking to see us get the goose egg.

EatLeadCommie
10/7/2014, 03:00 PM
All renewed faith and good will placed in the coaching staff following the Alabama game disappeared after the TCU debacle. This team and staff just seems a natural at crapping the bed.

OU 17
UT 27

SoonerPride
10/7/2014, 03:20 PM
OU 20
Texas 9

aurorasooner
10/7/2014, 03:26 PM
All renewed faith and good will placed in the coaching staff following the Alabama game disappeared after the TCU debacle. This team and staff just seems a natural at crapping the bed.

OU 17
UT 27Only ways I can see the whorns scoring 27 points is if either their defense scores at least 2 TDs on us, which they may do, or Swoopes pulls a Derp on us and our DBs let the Texass receivers run by them like they did the TCU wideouts (and they also did last year). I wouldn't be surprised with either scenario.

It's really sad that the RRR (or RRS) won't be the most important CFB game in Texas, not even the no 2. It reminds me some of the 60s when we drove down to some junker motel at Texoma to get some snow-filled PBS station broadcast out of Dallas carrying the game. I guess we're lucky it's even being broadcast nationally this year.

I do agree with you about us crapping the bed, especially Heupel. It kind of surprised me that M Stoops pretty-much did the same last year, and our offense was even worse than they were in the 2nd half of the TCU game. I still can't believe that Derp and Mack will forever own the scoreboard on us. Just Pitiful.

OU 20 Texass 14 (Moneycutt is the difference)

Carlton: Sad rivalry? Texas-OU at Cotton Bowl not biggest game in state

http://www.dallasnews.com/sports/college-sports/headlines/20141005-carlton-sad-rivalry-texas-ou-at-cotton-bowl-not-biggest-game-in-state.ece

What it doesn’t have this year is a compelling matchup with national implications. No. 11 Oklahoma (4-1, 1-1 Big 12) and Texas (2-3, 1-1) are each coming off losses ahead of their annual meeting for the first time since 2007. Oklahoma opened as a 14 1/2-point favorite as compiled by Vegasinsider.com.

For all the lure of Fletcher corny dogs and other exotic fried food, the Red River meeting isn’t the biggest game in the state of Texas on Saturday.

That particular honor belongs to Baylor’s new McLane Stadium in Waco where the Big 12’s nouveau riche meet. No. 9 TCU, fresh from beating Oklahoma, travels to No. 5 Baylor, which stopped Texas.
Texas-OU doesn’t merit second billing this weekend, either, not with No. 14 Texas A&M hosting No. 3 Ole Miss at Kyle Field.

BoulderSooner79
10/7/2014, 03:35 PM
Yes, it is sad that OU/UT is only the 3rd most important game in Texas this weekend. (Heck, there are probably some Texas HS games with more playoff implications. Ack!). But then I see that the horns are the biggest reason the game is "meh", and I am consoled.

I would really like to one-up Baylor and keep a zero on the horns side of the scoreboard.

8timechamps
10/7/2014, 03:45 PM
Texas probably has the best secondary in the conference (and one of the best in the country), but they've been abysmal at stopping the run. I guarantee they'll make that a priority this week, and beg OU to beat them with the pass. I think it will turn into a slugfest, with the Texas defense keeping them in the game.

Sooners 24
Whorns 10

cherokeebrewer
10/7/2014, 03:46 PM
All renewed faith and good will placed in the coaching staff following the Alabama game disappeared after the TCU debacle.

As you can tell, I've lost some confidence too. I hate it when that happens...

aurorasooner
10/7/2014, 03:47 PM
Yes, it is sad that OU/UT is only the 3rd most important game in Texas this weekend. (Heck, there are probably some Texas HS games with more playoff implications. Ack!). But then I see that the horns are the biggest reason the game is "meh", and I am consoled.

I would really like to one-up Baylor and keep a zero on the horns side of the scoreboard.Well, we've got to take some of the responsibility, because we coughed up a Sooner-Magic type ending last week. With us pulling that one out, and our OC not chitting the bed in crunch-time, we probably would've been a solid no 2 at worst no 3.

Still, I'd also like a Pappy-Le-Peaux skunk of texass. Just hope their D doesn't skunk us. That would be "oh the shame" even worse than last year.

BoulderSooner79
10/7/2014, 03:54 PM
Well, we've got to take some of the responsibility, because we coughed up a Sooner-Magic type ending last week. With us pulling that one out, and our OC not chitting the bed in crunch-time, we probably would've been a solid no 2 at at worst no 3.

Still, I'd also like a Pappy-Le-Peaux skunk of texass. Just hope their D doesn't skunk us. That would be "oh the shame" even worse than last year.

I'm not worried about getting shutout as we should at least be able to run the ball better than last year. And the QB draws and scrambles that TK did last week is far better than Bell could do against the horns last year. I know last week suk'd, but I saw somewhere that the 460 yards offense we put up was the most ever against a Patterson defense. I didn't research if that's true, but I'll believe it to make me feel better ;)

aurorasooner
10/7/2014, 04:06 PM
In retrospect we probably should of let Moneycutt kick it after those last 2 fumble recoveries.

The way the game went, Boykin would've probably just pulled an RG III on us though, with us in our 1st half ("prevent the win defense)

That one handed catch of the long ball by one one of our younger/taller wide receivers on the last play, was pretty damned good, even though he was OB. He made it look easy.
I doubt that he'll get any playing time though this Sat, and the spew will be that he just didn't practice good enough this week to play.

Okie35
10/7/2014, 05:12 PM
31-20 OU

okiewaker
10/7/2014, 05:50 PM
OU 28
UT 20

BoomerJoeDon
10/7/2014, 06:19 PM
If we get back to running the ball we win 24 to 17 if Texas has a pick six. If we can't run it's going to be a very long day. 17 to 14 OU wins.

birddog
10/7/2014, 06:24 PM
So the line opened at 14.5. Thats way too much. It should close around 10.5.

#8soon
10/7/2014, 06:31 PM
Last year we beat TCU at home (barely) but Patterson showed everyone the blueprint on how to beat us. And who did we play after TCU? Texsa! Hopefully our defensive strategy isn't putting Baker on the sideline trying to steal plays. What a fail!

31-21 OU unless our offense repeats last weeks performance, then we're screwed.

8timechamps
10/7/2014, 06:42 PM
So the line opened at 14.5. Thats way too much. It should close around 10.5.

Yeah, that seems too high. First, it's a rivalry game, so that should make for a more conservative spread. Also, Texas does have a good defense, so there is potential for a low scoring game.

However, Vegas isn't really interested in those things, there interested in how to get money in into their hands.

BoulderSooner79
10/7/2014, 09:13 PM
Last year we beat TCU at home (barely) but Patterson showed everyone the blueprint on how to beat us. And who did we play after TCU? Texsa! Hopefully our defensive strategy isn't putting Baker on the sideline trying to steal plays. What a fail!

Last year, Texas could run the ball and that opened up a couple of play action passes over the top for points. They can't run this year and everything I've read says Swoopes is only good for the short passing game. That should mean a long day for them trying to score points. Our offense should have more success than theirs.

Therealsouthsider
10/7/2014, 09:26 PM
....blueprint, schmooprint

....OU 42 - uterus 13

ss

aurorasooner
10/7/2014, 09:40 PM

31-21 OU unless our offense repeats last weeks performance, then we're screwed.You know, there is just more to this than a whiney G Patterson complaining to the press that B Mayfield was stealing his O's signs and passing them along to our D. It seems I read in the DMN (or on another board) that Boykin was even crying about it.

1st, I have no doubt, that as long as Mike Stoops as been a DC, that if TCU was stupid enough to use the same signs that Tech is using, that we were stealing them.

2nd, All this crying and whining by TCU, is making me think, that TCU was actually stealing our offensive signs, which seems more plausible with the results, and their whining, is just to cover it up.

3rd, Patterson has definitely got a boner about Mayfield being even allowed to play at OU, about as much as Tech does.

4th, I hope Heupel, and the rest of our supposed offensive gurus, are changing their signs for the RRS, and from game to game for that matter or at the very least giving the opposing team some of the wrong signs to check it out and if there is any indication that we're being intercepted, then changing them at the half as well, because I guarantee if we aren't, that Charlie will be stealing them.
Bob, probably wouldn't be whiney in the press about it either, he would just say something like, that's part of the game, and if we're stupid enough to use the same ones over and over...then it's our fault for being so boneheaded.

TrophyCollector
10/7/2014, 09:55 PM
OU - 17
whorn - 23

Texass intercepts a Knight pass and returns it for a TD on the first play of overtime.

Turd_Ferguson
10/7/2014, 10:12 PM
OU - 45

Whorns - 14

olevetonahill
10/7/2014, 10:41 PM
OU - 45

Whorns - 14

Love Ya Bro. But please tell me how them Burgers gonna 14?"

BlownGP
10/7/2014, 10:45 PM
I don't think we've ever lost to a big 12 team back to back. So we will win.

Will it be easy? Probably not......

OU-----33
UT-----17

olevetonahill
10/7/2014, 10:59 PM
Them

OU-----33
UT-----17

Them Bevo burgers May score 3 !

BoulderSooner79
10/7/2014, 11:22 PM

OU-----33
UT-----17

OUr teams under Stoops have been almost impossible to beat the week after a loss. So my take away is that to win more games, we need to lose more games. :highly_amused::confused::apologetic:

#8soon
10/7/2014, 11:23 PM
Last year, Texas could run the ball and that opened up a couple of play action passes over the top for points. They can't run this year and everything I've read says Swoopes is only good for the short passing game. That should mean a long day for them trying to score points. Our offense should have more success than theirs.

That's an accurate assessment of Swoopes I watched him since his junior yr of hs and his release is something between sidearm and Uncle Rico. I agree we should score more than the shorthorns if our offense executes. (Both the players AND the coaches)

#8soon
10/7/2014, 11:34 PM
You know, there is just more to this than a whiney G Patterson complaining to the press that B Mayfield was stealing his O's signs and passing them along to our D. It seems I read in the DMN (or on another board) that Boykin was even crying about it.

1st, I have no doubt, that as long as Mike Stoops as been a DC, that if TCU was stupid enough to use the same signs that Tech is using, that we were stealing them.

2nd, All this crying and whining by TCU, is making me think, that TCU was actually stealing our offensive signs, which seems more plausible with the results, and their whining, is just to cover it up.

3rd, Patterson has definitely got a boner about Mayfield being even allowed to play at OU, about as much as Tech does.

4th, I hope Heupel, and the rest of our supposed offensive gurus, are changing their signs for the RRS, and from game to game for that matter or at the very least giving the opposing team some of the wrong signs to check it out and if there is any indication that we're being intercepted, then changing them at the half as well, because I guarantee if we aren't, that Charlie will be stealing them.
Bob, probably wouldn't be whiney in the press about it either, he would just say something like, that's part of the game, and if we're stupid enough to use the same ones over and over...then it's our fault for being so boneheaded.

I suspect what happened Saturday was Cumbie would call several plays just as he did at Tech and convinced us we had it figured out. Then they'd throw us a curve ball and get a big play.

I have no idea if they stole our signs though. If they did we'd better change things before this weekend! Boomer!!!

Sammalone
10/8/2014, 05:56 AM
No way OU loses this game. Our offense is much worse than last year. The only way we score more than 10 points is if our defense scores some points.

UT 10
OU 27

rock on sooner
10/8/2014, 06:18 AM
Them

Them Bevo burgers May score 3 !

I got 'em getting ten, tho I aint sure how they do it...:redface: prolly
cause of that blood moon I just looked at....

SoonerMarkVA
10/8/2014, 06:31 AM
OU 23
ut 10

olevetonahill
10/8/2014, 06:34 AM
I got 'em getting ten, tho I aint sure how they do it...:redface: prolly
cause of that blood moon I just looked at....

I smell Blood !

deweydw
10/8/2014, 06:45 AM
SOONERS - 48
whorns - 10

Sooner91ATL
10/8/2014, 10:19 AM
fexas 17
ou 18

FlatLander
10/8/2014, 11:33 AM
OU 34
UT 9

IslandSooner
10/8/2014, 12:26 PM
OU 24
TX 17

texas bandman
10/8/2014, 02:22 PM
Sooners - 45
Queer Steers - 10

kbsooner21
10/8/2014, 02:27 PM
OU 17
Texass 3

pac10SUX
10/8/2014, 05:42 PM
BOOMER 45
whorns 13

Curly Bill
10/8/2014, 06:22 PM
OU 27
whorns 13

Soonerjeepman
10/8/2014, 11:26 PM
OU 24
horns 16

sendbaht
10/9/2014, 01:59 AM
The Boomer Sooners 47...cry babies 13

vtsooner21
10/9/2014, 06:26 AM
Good Guys-----42
Ugly Orange---20

Boomer

tooslow
10/9/2014, 10:24 AM
OU 37-13

ouduckhunter
10/10/2014, 10:48 AM
OU 45 - 17

Boomer!!

Flagstaffsooner
10/10/2014, 03:00 PM
OU http://ceospeaks.files.wordpress.com/2010/01/carl_sagan1.jpg

texa$$ negative infinatyhttp://tutorial.math.lamar.edu/Classes/CalcI/LimitsAtInfinityI_files/eq0042P.gif

5thYearSooner
10/10/2014, 03:35 PM
OU 34
TX 20

SCSoonerfan
10/10/2014, 04:15 PM
OU 55
Shorthorns 0, zero, zilch, nada, nothing, not one damn point

aurorasooner
10/10/2014, 10:21 PM
Guess we'd better win tomorrow, because I just checked the TV listings and I didn't see KjSU (I guess they've got the week off). With a week off, I doubt that Snyder (and staff) was trying to lower his handicap and they will come into Norman with a quality game-plan on both sides of the ball.
If we don't win tomorrow, after next week, we might be fighting with Kansas, Tech, and I-State for last in the Big 12.

Therealsouthsider
10/10/2014, 10:43 PM
"If we don't win tomorrow"

....cut your tongue out man!

....it's our birthright as Sooners to go into every game, no matter the odds or the foe, as supremely confident and unrealistic as our minds can fathom....you know....the opposite of an aggy

ss

swardboy
10/11/2014, 09:40 AM
That's an accurate assessment of Swoopes I watched him since his junior yr of hs and his release is something between sidearm and Uncle Rico. I agree we should score more than the shorthorns if our offense executes. (Both the players AND the coaches)

Oh yeah, he'll look like f'n Peyton Manning today. That's just the way it goes against Texas. We make McCoy look all-star last year. I'm worried about this game. We should have pwned them last year. We may win big but I just don't have a clue after last week's debacle. Oh well, here goes: Us 42...them 17.

Blue
10/11/2014, 11:05 AM
34-17 OU

Blue
10/11/2014, 02:41 PM

Nicely done.

#8soon
10/11/2014, 07:14 PM
Nicely done.

Thanks Blue. I kinda got bailed out by Sanchez and Ross.

#8soon
10/11/2014, 08:02 PM
Oh yeah, he'll look like f'n Peyton Manning today. That's just the way it goes against Texas. We make McCoy look all-star last year. I'm worried about this game. We should have pwned them last year. We may win big but I just don't have a clue after last week's debacle. Oh well, here goes: Us 42...them 17.

You were right, we made Swoops look way better than he is.