PDA

View Full Version : WE Lost, its Time to GADOCADWI.

olevetonahill
10/5/2014, 11:47 AM
This place sucks after a Loss.

PhiDeltBeers
10/5/2014, 12:53 PM
:pop:

okiewaker
10/5/2014, 01:00 PM
Woke up this AM and the my morning java tasted like dirty snatch, and yes, I tasted dirty snatch. But, oh well,,,moving on. Getn geared up for next weekend to smash the whorns.
BOOOOMER!!!!!!'

Curly Bill
10/5/2014, 03:35 PM
This place sucks after a Loss.

You're sh*tin me! You mean people forgot to put on their crimson sunglasses and wallow in the glory of losing to TCU?!?!

Wishboned
10/5/2014, 04:14 PM
I used to get really depressed after a loss. But the 2011 season pretty much broke me. Now if they lose I just get on with my day, and go do something else I enjoy.

I'm disappointed they lost, but that was yesterday. It's time for Texas!

Curly Bill
10/5/2014, 05:13 PM
Same with ya Wishboned. I understand and fully support those that want to rant and raise hell, but it ain't worth it anymore. There is no question that a Bob Stoops coached OU team will lose at least 2 games every year, and more than likely at least one of em will be to someone they shoulda beat. It is what it is, and it's not worth bothering to get upset about.

olevetonahill
10/5/2014, 06:19 PM
You're sh*tin me! You mean people forgot to put on their crimson sunglasses and wallow in the glory of losing to TCU?!?!

Naw Bro, Im saying Deal with it . Dont be a cry baby.

If we had unlimited Scholly's .There wasn't So much ESPN money floating around. These **** aint Teams wouldnt be beating the Power teams.
Welcome to Parity!

Curly Bill
10/5/2014, 07:56 PM
Naw Bro, Im saying Deal with it . Dont be a cry baby.

If we had unlimited Scholly's .There wasn't So much ESPN money floating around. These **** aint Teams wouldnt be beating the Power teams.
Welcome to Parity!

Yup. NFL is the same way. One of many reasons it sucks.

olevetonahill
10/5/2014, 08:19 PM
Yup. NFL is the same way. One of many reasons it sucks.

TeeVee has Ruined CFB!

rock on sooner
10/5/2014, 08:27 PM
TeeVee has Ruined CFB!

'Member when it used ta be ONE game on Saturday and ya died and went to
heaven when it was the Sooners? Schenkel and the camera's "honey shots"
and, dayum, there wuz sum good uns, too! I looked on the sports page
on Saturday and there 15-16 games starting at 11:00 A. local and going
all the way to 10:30P local for start times....I RILLY like CFB but, Vet, yer
prolly rite, it is overkill!

8timechamps
10/5/2014, 08:36 PM
I used to get really depressed after a loss. But the 2011 season pretty much broke me. Now if they lose I just get on with my day, and go do something else I enjoy.

I'm disappointed they lost, but that was yesterday. It's time for Texas!

I think it's a function of age. I used to get into a bad funk after a loss, I wouldn't want to hear the word "football" for days, and that would continue through the entire week.

Then the Smellsofbourbon/Blake era happened.

I sat in the stadium, rain or shine. I watched every away game televised (and went to some too). I remember almost crying when we beat Baylor at home on a last second interception in the endzone. And that Baylor team was baaaaad.

After living through that at a die-hard Sooner, nothing else compares. I still get bummed after a loss, but it is what it is and nothing I do will change that. Life moves on...

I'm ready to watch Texas bleed.

olevetonahill
10/5/2014, 09:28 PM
'Member when it used ta be ONE game on Saturday and ya died and went to
heaven when it was the Sooners? Schenkel and the camera's "honey shots"
and, dayum, there wuz sum good uns, too! I looked on the sports page
on Saturday and there 15-16 games starting at 11:00 A. local and going
all the way to 10:30P local for start times....I RILLY like CFB but, Vet, yer
prolly rite, it is overkill!

Its all the Money!
Simple ! a Dayum good kid can go to east Podunk U and be on National Teevee every week.
And not have to fight for a Starting slot
30 years ago Like ya said we got Maybe 2 games a year on TeeVee. the rest was AM radio.
ESPN and the MONEY has ruined college Ball
The coaches now make more in 6 games than Coaches did in their entire Careers back in the Day.

Great Coaches out there. Great Players out! and enough GREAT money to attract em to the Rustoleums of the CFB world.

SanDiegoSoonerGal
10/5/2014, 11:11 PM
Well, back in the day when TV games were few and far between, the NCAA controlled which ones were broadcast.

That all changed after a successful antitrust lawsuit filed against the NCAA by Georgia and....Oklahoma.

Be careful what you wish (or sue) for and all that.

KantoSooner
10/6/2014, 08:31 AM
There are some losses that hurt worse than others. This one was weird for me. It didn't really hurt. I was just numb. The entire effort seemed lackadaisical. Like the feeling you get when you're trying to cook something blind drunk at 4 a.m. and you know it's a bad idea and that you're breaking stuff and making a huge mess, but you go ahead for a while and then finally just stop in mid process and go to bed. Somehow the thing was an abortion from the get go and it was hard to get any emotion drummed up.
It shouldn't be that damn hard. 18~22 year old young men are not terribly hard to motivate. They're simple creatures. And coaches who're making more bank than most of us will ever sniff can do me the courtesy of getting fired up at least 4 or 5 hours a week.
But hurt? No, this one felt more like a lingering stomach flu: you'd go on okay-ish for a while and then suddenly vomit for no reason at all.

Bourbon St Sooner
10/6/2014, 11:39 AM
Every time I feel bad about OUr loss I go ask an lsu fan how they're doing today. It helps me get through my Monday.

BoulderSooner79
10/6/2014, 11:49 AM
Every time I feel bad about OUr loss I go ask an lsu fan how they're doing today. It helps me get through my Monday.

I could do the same for Stanford fans out here - except I was pulling for Stanford, so it doesn't help.

TAFBSooner
10/6/2014, 12:01 PM

My condolences for having to be around LeSter U fans.

Bourbon St Sooner
10/6/2014, 12:03 PM
Stanford fans and lsu fans are related the same way a house cat and a lion are related. Maybe if you tell Stanford fans that Pavarotti is overrated you can get the same reaction as when lsu loses a football game.

Bourbon St Sooner
10/6/2014, 12:06 PM
My condolences for having to be around LeSter U fans.

No condolences needed this year. They've got at least 3 more losses waiting for them and I'll enjoy each delicious moment.

BoulderSooner79
10/6/2014, 12:15 PM
Stanford fans and lsu fans are related the same way a house cat and a lion are related. Maybe if you tell Stanford fans that Pavarotti is overrated you can get the same reaction as when lsu loses a football game.

Pavarotti is NOT overrated - you take that back!

BS OU '79
MS Stanford '80

:O