PDA

View Full Version : Which two games does TCU lose?

TrophyCollector
10/5/2014, 12:05 AM
Lots of talk about being able to worm our way into the playoffs but that will require winning the Big XII. That would mean TCU has to lose twice. They look like a damn good team so who beats them?

Sooner8th
10/5/2014, 12:09 AM
We are not in the sec. playoff hopes are done, season is over. Thanks big game, yet another embarrassment.

BoulderSooner79
10/5/2014, 12:09 AM
Don't forget the 'ol 3 way tie - we've used that trick in the past. Baylor beats TCU, OU beats Baylor - no head to head tie breaker.

But I think lots of wild shat will happen well before that does.

BoulderSooner79
10/5/2014, 12:10 AM
We are not in the sec. playoff hopes are done, season is over. Thanks big game, yet another embarrassment.

You embarrassed, bro? I'm not seeing the shame.

Eielson
10/5/2014, 12:12 AM
OSU and Baylor are the obvious picks. Just about anybody not named Kansas could potentially do it, though.

Sooner8th
10/5/2014, 12:17 AM
You embarrassed, bro? I'm not seeing the shame.

You are not seeing the shame of getting beat by TCfreakin'U? Number 25 in the country, played samford? We are O K L A H O M A! We are not ksu or miss state. We are suppose to be the big boys. Everyone in the country who was watching the game knew who was getting the ball and what play was being called on that last 4th and 1 and the guy was not blocked? How can you come out of a time out, at their thirty three minutes left in the game and not have the right guys in the game? EMBARRASSING, we are paying our coaches way too much money to not have something as simple as having the personnel package be correct after a time out with the game on the line.

TrophyCollector
10/5/2014, 12:18 AM
Don't forget the 'ol 3 way tie - we've used that trick in the past. Baylor beats TCU, OU beats Baylor - no head to head tie breaker.

One TRUE Champion!

BoulderSooner79
10/5/2014, 12:20 AM
You are not seeing the shame of getting beat by TCfreakin'U? Number 25 in the country, played samford? We are O K L A H O M A! We are not ksu or miss state. We are suppose to be the big boys. Everyone in the country who was watching the game knew who was getting the ball and what play was being called on that last 4th and 1 and the guy was not blocked? How can you come out of a time out, at their thirty three minutes left in the game and not have the right guys in the game? EMBARRASSING, we are paying our coaches way too much money to not have something as simple as having the personnel package be correct after a time out with the game on the line.

It's just a game, Focker.

Sooner8th
10/5/2014, 12:21 AM
It's just a game, Focker.

That's what losers say. Go be a KU fan.

Eielson
10/5/2014, 12:23 AM

I generally consider E-tough guys to be losers.

BoulderSooner79
10/5/2014, 12:23 AM

I'm here for the duration. I've been pointing out it's just a game for those that forget since 1971.

You're welcome.

Sooner8th
10/5/2014, 12:29 AM
I'm here for the duration. I've been pointing out it's just a game for those that forget since 1971.

You're welcome.

Both of you missed my point, that is what the KU's and Indiana's of the world say after yet another loss. I should have been clearer. I am here for the duration too, also since 1971.

BoulderSooner79
10/5/2014, 12:57 AM
Both of you missed my point, that is what the KU's and Indiana's of the world say after yet another loss. I should have been clearer. I am here for the duration too, also since 1971.

And that's what they should say, being the truth and all. We just don't have to remind ourselves as often as they do.

I'm going to have a great day tomorrow, how bout you?

Eielson
10/5/2014, 12:58 AM
I'm still proud as ever to be a Sooner fan. This wasn't nearly as embarrassing as either of our losses last year, and we rebounded just fine from them just fine.

Eielson
10/5/2014, 12:59 AM
My biggest regret from today is not being as hot as Trevor Knight.

Sooner8th
10/5/2014, 01:02 AM
I'm still proud as ever to be a Sooner fan. This wasn't nearly as embarrassing as either of our losses last year, and we rebounded just fine from them just fine.

I agree with you on that. I just don't see a way into the playoffs now.

Eielson
10/5/2014, 01:11 AM
I agree with you on that. I just don't see a way into the playoffs now.

If we win out, we're probably still in. I expect the SEC, B10, and Pac 10 champs all to have at least 1 loss. The real questions is...are we good enough to win out? As of right now, no. But we're good enough to beat UT, so we'll take this one step at a time.

guido911
10/5/2014, 01:54 AM
The problem with college football is that you NC hopes seem to end with one loss. I think that is why fans are super sensitive to every aspect of the game. I know that is why I cannot stand having Heupel as the OC. Too much risk and very little benefit.

Sooner91ATL
10/5/2014, 02:02 AM
TCU will lose a couple. Good team, but we played perhaps the most uninspired football I have seen since the Blake days.

guido911
10/5/2014, 02:08 AM
TCU has to travel to Baylor & Texas and West VA. I think they lose two of those games easy.

Widescreen
10/5/2014, 08:18 AM
TCU will lose a couple. Good team, but we played perhaps the most uninspired football I have seen since the Blake days.

It was just the players, either. Not getting plays in on time and not being able to get the right players on the field after a timeout. That also reminded me of the Blake days. I half-expected to see a twister board on the sidelines.

BigTip
10/5/2014, 08:38 AM
Wait 'til next year!

sigh.
I do get tired of saying that.

Piware
10/5/2014, 03:21 PM
No one expected us to go to the Sugar Bowl last year. No one expected us to beat Alabama in said Sugar Bowl. I've been doing this since 1955 and have seen it all. That's why these seasons are played one game at a time.
As evidenced yesterday, anything can happen on a Saturday.

thecrimsoncrusader
10/6/2014, 08:03 AM
TCU will lose next week since they will still be celebrating their win over Oklahoma. The same crap they did in 2005.

Phil
10/6/2014, 08:53 AM
Heh. That year they got dump trucked by a bad SMU team the next week.

BoulderSooner79
10/6/2014, 09:11 AM
Heh. That year they got dump trucked by a bad SMU team the next week.

And that was their only loss that year as I recall. Very odd.

Pride1Mom
10/6/2014, 11:37 AM
TCU will lose, because they have already played the game they wanted to win. Also, a loss at the end of the season is worse than an early one. I wouldn't be surprised it will be team that they do not respect that will get them. I think OU was looking a week ahead, and kept thinking this is ONLY TCU we are SUPPOSED to beat them.......

BoulderSooner79
10/6/2014, 11:44 AM
TCU will lose, because they have already played the game they wanted to win. Also, a loss at the end of the season is worse than an early one. I wouldn't be surprised it will be team that they do not respect that will get them. I think OU was looking a week ahead, and kept thinking this is ONLY TCU we are SUPPOSED to beat them.......

Sort of hard to accept that "looking ahead" theory after a bye week when TCU is most likely better than the horns. But what the hay - it was a TRAP game and everyone knows you can't win a TRAP game!

:drunk:

TAFBSooner
10/6/2014, 11:50 AM
TCU has to travel to Baylor & Texas and West VA. I think they lose two of those games easy.

I think they beat whorn. But little brother should be in that axis of good-chance-of-kicking-frogs.

Soonerjeepman
10/6/2014, 12:13 PM

dude you are an a$$ on the political board and now here...why don't you leave. Jeeze.

Soonerjeepman
10/6/2014, 12:15 PM
It was just the players, either. Not getting plays in on time and not being able to get the right players on the field after a timeout. That also reminded me of the Blake days. I half-expected to see a twister board on the sidelines.

NO DOUBT...lol

rock on sooner
10/6/2014, 12:35 PM
I doubt that Texas can beat TCU, but TCU still has OSU, WVU, Baylor and K-St
two of those four will beat TCU...prolly start with Baylor this weekend..."Can
you say "flat" after the OU game?"

Tear Down This Wall
10/6/2014, 01:54 PM

If you are intimating that TCU = Big Game these days, I will hunt you down and gut you like a fish.

BoulderSooner79
10/6/2014, 02:15 PM
If you are intimating that TCU = Big Game these days, I will hunt you down and gut you like a fish.

:highly_amused:

Okie35
10/6/2014, 04:48 PM
They lose to Baylor and that's it I think unless they play at WVU

BigTip
10/6/2014, 05:52 PM
I hate to be the one to say this, but hell, they looked pretty good. They might be the real deal.
Who knows.

TrophyCollector
10/6/2014, 07:59 PM
I hate to be the one to say this, but hell, they looked pretty good. They might be the real deal.
Who knows.

Agree. Should they beat Baylor in Waco our Big XII title hopes might be gone. Given the rotation of the title amongst teams not usually in the hunt it would continue an established pattern if Frog wins it.

Okie35
10/6/2014, 08:01 PM
Agree. Should they beat Baylor in Waco our Big XII title hopes might be gone. Given the rotation of the title amongst teams not usually in the hunt it would continue an established pattern if Frog wins it.

That's true and more power to them I guess. I can see them still slipping up later. All it takes is one loss.

TrophyCollector
10/6/2014, 09:02 PM
All it takes is one loss.

Only if a 3 way tie happens. Otherwise it takes two.

rock on sooner
10/6/2014, 09:12 PM

Should they beat Baylor, then, right on...they deserve it!

Sooner8th
10/6/2014, 09:29 PM
dude you are an a$$ on the political board and now here...why don't you leave. Jeeze.

If you disagree with me put me on ignore, otherwise mind your own business.

Sooner8th
10/6/2014, 09:35 PM

Nope - mocking stoops.

LA.SoonerFan
10/6/2014, 11:34 PM
K-State, OSU, and Baylor could beat them. I believe one of them does for sure and hopefully two. I never thought this would come out of my mouth, Go Baylor!

BoulderSooner79
10/6/2014, 11:41 PM
Nope - mocking stoops.

You should never mock The Stoops. He leads us in a great way.

oubreakdown
10/7/2014, 08:42 AM
I think they lose to Baylor for sure and I think they lose one more to someone they shouldn't lose to. If they beat Baylor I think our chances of getting in the final 4 are slim to none.

TAFBSooner
10/7/2014, 08:45 AM
K-State, OSU, and Baylor could beat them. I believe one of them does for sure and hopefully two. I never thought this would come out of my mouth, Go Baylor!

I have no problem rooting for U of Zima when it helps us.

The only school I will always root against, no matter its effect on the Sooners, is LeSter U. <edit> wherever Lester Miles is coaching.

soonercastor
10/11/2014, 03:09 PM
Boykin is ripping Baylor a new one right now so far in the first

Blue
10/11/2014, 03:11 PM
Ok state and texas...maybe wvu....please?

Eielson
10/11/2014, 04:06 PM
Boykin is ripping Baylor a new one right now so far in the first

Baylor really struggled with TCU last year, so I was unsure if they would be the ones to bail us out. Baylor is hanging in there, though. If I'm TCU, I'm probably not happy to go into the half only up 4.

Salt City Sooner
10/12/2014, 12:12 AM
The problem with college football is that you NC hopes seem to end with one loss. I think that is why fans are super sensitive to every aspect of the game. I know that is why I cannot stand having Heupel as the OC. Too much risk and very little benefit.
5 of the last 7 NC's had a loss, & that includes a 2 loss LSU in '07. Even the almighty 4 title-winning Saban has exactly one perfect season to his credit.

This team has some major improving (to say the least) to do for that stat to matter, but we ain't dead yet.