PDA

View Full Version : Props to TCU

SanDiegoSoonerGal
10/4/2014, 07:36 PM
Among all the gnashing of teeth I don't see any acknowledgement of one obvious fact: TCU played lights out. Congrats to them on a well executed game.

We're Oklahoma. We're NOT sore losers. Act like it, people.

Eielson
10/4/2014, 07:39 PM

Speak for yourself. I'm a pretty sore loser.

BoulderSooner79
10/4/2014, 07:41 PM
We can't be adults until 8time gets back from the game and makes us.

Eielson
10/4/2014, 07:44 PM
Meanwhile, I will be sticking chewed gum under all the tables in TCU's library.

Turd_Ferguson
10/4/2014, 07:49 PM
SDSG, I agree.

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
10/4/2014, 07:54 PM
Them Sireeeens done made us lose to a..a...a horny toad

Snrinhouston
10/4/2014, 07:56 PM
Yes, TCU played well. Boyken was incredible. Still, there were enough self-inflicted problems worth belly-aching about.

EatLeadCommie
10/4/2014, 08:31 PM
I honestly don't think TCU played that great. Inspired, for sure. This is really one game where we killed ourselves, much like the Texas game last season. If we had played like this against WVU, we would've lost. If we play like this again, we will lose unless it's against KU or ISU. We were that bad.

rock on sooner
10/4/2014, 08:35 PM
Among all the gnashing of teeth I don't see any acknowledgement of one obvious fact: TCU played lights out. Congrats to them on a well executed game.

Yup, right on! If we could wrap up a tackle now and then, Boykin's game
would not have been so lights out. And, oh, BTW, we win out and we'll be in
the "best one loss team" discussion. And, maybe ESPN will stop with the
"upset alert" stuff!

BoulderSooner79
10/4/2014, 08:36 PM
I honestly don't think TCU played that great. Inspired, for sure. This is really one game where we killed ourselves, much like the Texas game last season. If we had played like this against WVU, we would've lost. If we play like this again, we will lose unless it's against KU or ISU. We were that bad.

Is that the 'ol we-lost-therefore-we-played-poorly theorem?

okiewaker
10/4/2014, 08:37 PM
I agree with commie^^

EatLeadCommie
10/4/2014, 08:41 PM
Is that the 'ol we-lost-therefore-we-played-poorly theorem?

Nah. I know it's tiresome, but when you get beat, you get beat. When you beat yourselves, it's frustrating. I mean, seriously. Two TDs where there wasn't a DB within 10 yards of the receiver. How is that greatness on the part of TCU? How is 2 15 yard penalties on Zach Sanchez (one of which was phantom) greatness on the part of TCU? How is Josh Heupel's absolute ineptness a testament to the greatness of TCU?

I like TCU. I like Patterson. I like their program. If there was anybody we had to lose to this season in the conference, I'd rather it be them. That doesn't mean they played great. I thought they played well, but not great. That's why the loss is so frustrating. If they had played great, they would've beat us by 3 TDs. We played that poorly. If we had merely matched our "good" with their "good", we win by a couple TDs. We played THAT poorly.

rock on sooner
10/4/2014, 08:46 PM
Nah. I know it's tiresome, but when you get beat, you get beat. When you beat yourselves, it's frustrating. I mean, seriously. Two TDs where there wasn't a DB within 10 yards of the receiver. How is that greatness on the part of TCU? How is 2 15 yard penalties on Zach Sanchez (one of which was phantom) greatness on the part of TCU? How is Josh Heupel's absolute ineptness a testament to the greatness of TCU?

I like TCU. I like Patterson. I like their program. If there was anybody we had to lose to this season in the conference, I'd rather it be them. That doesn't mean they played great. I thought they played well, but not great. That's why the loss is so frustrating. If they had played great, they would've beat us by 3 TDs. We played that poorly. If we had merely matched our "good" with their "good", we win by a couple TDs. We played THAT poorly.

Fair assessment...

BoulderSooner79
10/4/2014, 09:06 PM

Those things happen in all games. They happened at WVU and we took control anyway. That happened against the Vols where our offense went completely dormant for a long stretch and we still won easily. TCU made mistakes as well. They went for a field goal when they had 4th and less than 1 and had been getting short yardage rather easily and then missed a field goal and got nothing. They turned a +7 interception return into only +4 by getting the XP blocked and run back. If they had lost, their fans would have been screaming about how poorly they played. But the bottom line is they moved the ball relentlessly on us, made big plays, controlled the clock and the field position and made enough plays on defense to beat us. Their game plan was superior to ours and they executed it well for the most part. Kudos.

8timechamps
10/4/2014, 09:08 PM

I disagree with the Heupel comment, but that's for another thread. Otherwise, it's hard to argue with your post.

I normally don't complain about officials, but what was up with the group that did the game today? They were equally bad on both teams. NOT what should pass as satisfactory for a Big XII officiating crew.

olevetonahill
10/4/2014, 10:51 PM
In My Best Impersonation of DE
GADOCADWI.
Grats TCU and Coach Patterson. Job well done.

PhiDeltBeers
10/4/2014, 11:16 PM
Whatever he said. ^^^^^ 😄

BlownGP
10/4/2014, 11:23 PM
I disagree with the Heupel comment, but that's for another thread. Otherwise, it's hard to argue with your post.

I normally don't complain about officials, but what was up with the group that did the game today? They were equally bad on both teams. NOT what should pass as satisfactory for a Big XII officiating crew.

I agree they were pretty bad for both teams..

We had a bad game for sure. That's why we lost, but for some reason I just felt it was TCU's day. Other than the 4th qtr turn overs. Everything went there way.