Bama-
Oregon-
Stanford -
Mich state-
A&M-

However we have to find out what offense we want to run first-

BoulderSooner79
10/4/2014, 07:10 PM
You're quick! I didn't' think this thread would start until after a couple day of bitchin', moanin' and generally melting down.

Boomer!

Okie35
10/4/2014, 07:10 PM
I really don't see a loss again. It'll all play out but with no championship game I don't see a playoff game for us.

soonercastor
10/4/2014, 07:21 PM
Well we're not likely to lose at home and we're not losing to ISU or Kansas.

Snrinhouston
10/4/2014, 07:21 PM
Unless there is significant improvement, I think playoff hopes are far fetched

Eielson
10/4/2014, 07:23 PM
If we win out... :P

BoulderSooner79
10/4/2014, 07:26 PM
We'll win out and finish….

#5 NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

BigTip
10/4/2014, 07:30 PM
A lot of years we start this, "now what has to happen" discussions with a list of who has to lose. Well, a lot of that happened today.
Lots of football left.

But...

PHUCK!!!! anyway.

Eielson
10/4/2014, 07:32 PM
We'll win out and finish….

#5 NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

As long as we win out, I'll take it. That means we improve a TON.

jkjsooner
10/4/2014, 07:39 PM
Bama-
Oregon-
Stanford -
Mich state-
A&M-

However we have to find out what offense we want to run first-

I don't think so. For starters, we may win out and not even win our conference.

Even if we do win out, we're not getting in above any one loss SEC west team and maybe not before a two loss SEC west team.

jkjsooner
10/4/2014, 07:42 PM
But, looking on the bright side, we still have a chance if things go our way. Without a playoff we probably wouldn't have a chance.

This is why those who argued that a four team playoff ruins the regular season were misguided. Every game counts and we may have had to win out to make it to the tournament (so we can pick a game to take off) but a single loss is much less likely to rule us out altogether.

For now on it's absolutely do or die.

Widescreen
10/4/2014, 08:05 PM
I think it's laughable that anyone would think the team we put out there today is playoff worthy. We aren't even in control of our conference anymore after only 2 games.

rock on sooner
10/4/2014, 08:26 PM
I don't think so. For starters, we may win out and not even win our conference.

Even if we do win out, we're not getting in above any one loss SEC west team and maybe not before a two loss SEC west team.

TCU will NOT run the table and if we win out, we win the conference and
will be in the everlovin' one loss team conversation...Just an observation
but college football should fear the state of Mississippi...jus sayin...

guido911
10/4/2014, 08:31 PM
I think it's laughable that anyone would think the team we put out there today is playoff worthy. We aren't even in control of our conference anymore after only 2 games.

Absolutely. I cannot see us compete with Baylor right now with OU's secondary. It NEEDS pressure in order to survive, and cannot contribute on its own. Oh, and fire Heupel.

aurorasooner
10/4/2014, 08:44 PM
TCU will NOT run the table and if we win out, we win the conference and
will be in the everlovin' one loss team conversation...Just an observation
but college football should fear the state of Mississippi...jus sayin... Heh. After today, I just hope that whichever coach is in charge of our offense, we come out with some misdirection, shifts, screens, move the ball some down the field before we get into a 3rd and long to get some positive field position and we win next week. A loss would even be more embarrassing than last year when we were bent over by Mack and Derp. That was an offensive cluster*&^% worse than the last 3 possessions today.

BTW whose bright idea was it today to get Barnett to use that rugby style punt, fu&^ another cluster&^%$

rock on sooner
10/4/2014, 08:48 PM
Heh. After today, I just hope that whichever coach is in charge of our offense, we come out with some misdirection, shifts, screens, move the ball some down the field before we get into a 3rd and long to get some positive field position and we win next week. A loss would even be more embarrassing than last year when we were bent over by Mack and Derp. That was an offensive cluster*&^% worse than the last 3 possessions today.

BTW whose bright idea was it today to get Barnett to use that rugby style punt, fu&^ another cluster&^%$

Great question about Barnett...!

Widescreen
10/4/2014, 08:49 PM
I can't remember the last time we got so little pressure on the opposing QB. Boykin could take as little or as much time as he wanted to throw.

aurorasooner
10/4/2014, 09:01 PM
Auburn is really bending over the Corn Dogs. I wonder if Les is gone to Michigan, or after this year do they want another Michigan Man.
ASU/USCw is a good game I did notice that Northwestern beat Wisconsin today.

okiewaker
10/4/2014, 09:02 PM
The polls on Sunday are gonna be all jacked up. It will be interesting to see what pans out tomorrow.

PhiDeltBeers
10/4/2014, 09:02 PM
Playoffs?! Who said anything about playoffs?!

okiewaker
10/4/2014, 09:09 PM
v v v

okiewaker
10/4/2014, 09:09 PM
[QUOTE=okiewaker;4860489]1-FSU
2-Auburn
3-Baylor
4-ND
5-UCLA

okiewaker
10/5/2014, 02:21 PM
Sorry for the 3 posts in a row but,,,UCLA lost sooooo,,,scratch ^^^^

Okie35
10/5/2014, 02:41 PM
I can't remember the last time we got so little pressure on the opposing QB. Boykin could take as little or as much time as he wanted to throw.

We were trying to contain him. I thought it worked well for the most part. Anyway I really don't think we lose again.

TrophyCollector
10/5/2014, 04:18 PM
We were trying to contain him. I thought it worked well for the most part.
The dude had 395 and two TDs. I'm glad we stopped the "most" part. Great scheme not letting him go for 550 and 4 TDs.

SoCalBigRed
10/5/2014, 04:46 PM
If we win out, we're in. With the number of teams that lost yesterday and who they were, we're good... long as we take care of business.

It took TK having the worst day of his career, some baffling play calling and stumbling away 2 shots at the EZ with minutes left in the game, to lose by FOUR points on the road, to a Top #25 unbeaten opponent.

BoulderSooner79
10/5/2014, 05:02 PM
The dude had 395 and two TDs. I'm glad we stopped the "most" part. Great scheme not letting him go for 550 and 4 TDs.

Mayfield was helping decipher their signals. Without that, Boykin would have put up some good numbers.

TrophyCollector
10/5/2014, 05:10 PM
Mayfield was helping decipher their signals. Without that, Boykin would have put up some good numbers.

I was just reading quoted from Phillips and Striker talking about how late the defensive calls were coming in. I wonder of we over-thought strategy by inserting Baker's analysis into the defensive play calling process. Even so, defensive play calling process >>> offensive play calling fire drill.

FIRE BAKER MAYFIELD

BoulderSooner79
10/5/2014, 05:14 PM
I was just reading quoted from Phillips and Striker talking about how late the defensive calls were coming in. I wonder of we over-thought strategy by inserting Baker's analysis into the defensive play calling process. Even so, defensive play calling process >>> offensive play calling fire drill.

FIRE BAKER MAYFIELD

I was thinking about this too. It's easy for the other team to bait you with fake signals if you really are relying on knowing the next play. Maybe we junked trying that in the second half when we held them to 1 offensive TD.

yermom
10/5/2014, 11:47 PM
yeah, if they are on to the signals thing, it seems that would be easy to exploit and would only work early on

the good news is that OSU and Baylor are winning. it would really help us if they let us be the only one to beat them down the stretch :D

Jacie
10/6/2014, 09:36 AM
Remember what The King said to the team after big score losses to Colorado and O-State, "Boys, we got em right where we want em."

Sooners went on to forge a three-way tie for first in the conference.

BoulderSooner79
10/6/2014, 09:58 AM
Remember what The King said to the team after big score losses to Colorado and O-State, "Boys, we got em right where we want em."

Sooners went on to forge a three-way tie for first in the conference.

Yeah, but that was a rebuilding year ('76). This year is not (or wasn't supposed to be).

TAFBSooner
10/6/2014, 10:01 AM
yeah, if they are on to the signals thing, it seems that would be easy to exploit and would only work early on

the good news is that OSU and Baylor are winning. it would really help us if they let us be the only one to beat them down the stretch :D

That's unschedulistic.

Sabanball
10/6/2014, 10:57 AM
Right now I would agree.

Okie35
10/6/2014, 07:49 PM

I didn't say stop we stopped him, I said we tried to contain him. He's an athlete, he scrambled out of containment a lot. Don't let your anger make you sound ridiculous. anyway we are still projected to be the 4th seed in the playoff we have to win out.

oubreakdown
10/7/2014, 08:46 AM
I think so. But, if TCU beats Baylor I think those chances sink. I don't think TCU will be able to beat Baylor though coming after playing us.

OU Adonis
10/7/2014, 11:45 AM
For us to win the Big12 we have to hope TCU loses 2 game

BoulderSooner79
10/7/2014, 12:32 PM
For us to win the Big12 we have to hope TCU loses 2 game

That or the 3-way tie that has been mentioned multiple times (sh*t, I mentioned it again).

Oh heck, let's just beat the horns.

LesNessman
10/7/2014, 11:10 PM
If we win out, we're in. With the number of teams that lost yesterday and who they were, we're good... long as we take care of business.

It took TK having the worst day of his career, some baffling play calling and stumbling away 2 shots at the EZ with minutes left in the game, to lose by FOUR points on the road, to a Top #25 unbeaten opponent.
Absolutely agree.
I also saw three dropped picks by OU, two of which could have been TDs. Seems TCU got just about every break imaginable in a very close game that could have easily gone OUs way.
If they win out it will be very difficult to leave them out of the playoff.