PDA

View Full Version : Are Voter ID Laws Racist?

FaninAma
9/30/2014, 06:02 PM
Do they suppress minority voter turnout?

yermom
9/30/2014, 06:25 PM
when you start talking about the realities of it, i think it could put a lot of barriers in front of some people. a disproportionate amount of them would likely be black. by some definitions, that could be labeled racist.

i'm not sure i buy a lot of that though. i think it should be tied to the driver's license. if you don't have a license, you can get a picture ID and be registered. who doesn't have a photo ID? of course, in OK, that doesn't fulfill requirements for federal IDs, so you might be boned there anyway.

yermom
9/30/2014, 06:27 PM
the other problem is that there isn't really an established reason for doing this. the problem they are trying to solve is non-existant from what i can tell.

personally, i'd be all for a test of some sort required to vote. knowing the difference between D and R doesn't seem like enough to me.

8timechamps
9/30/2014, 06:32 PM
No.

I agree with yermom, I'd be all for a test.

Sooner8th
9/30/2014, 06:37 PM
Do they suppress minority voter turnout?

yes

Sooner8th
9/30/2014, 06:38 PM
the other problem is that there isn't really an established reason for doing this. the problem they are trying to solve is non-existant from what i can tell.

personally, i'd be all for a test of some sort required to vote. knowing the difference between D and R doesn't seem like enough to me.

When you have a test, then the fight is going to be over who gets to pick the questions for the test. As a liberal democrat I would LOVE to be the one who picks them in Kansas.

yermom
9/30/2014, 06:42 PM
i get that. i wouldn't even mind if the test involved the particular topic/candidates in the election.

Sooner8th
9/30/2014, 06:49 PM
i get that. i wouldn't even mind if the test involved the particular topic/candidates in the election.

Again, I want to be the one who gets to choose them. There is nowhere in the constitution that says you have to know the answer to questions to be able to vote.

FaninAma
9/30/2014, 07:08 PM
yes
Why or how do they suppress minority voter turnout?

Turd_Ferguson
9/30/2014, 07:26 PM
Why or how do they suppress minority voter turnout?

You must be the last person that doesn't have that stupid *** mother ****er on ignore.

rock on sooner
9/30/2014, 08:23 PM
Overwhelmingly, the ID issue is racist, since most of those affected are
minority, whether black er brown er red er yellow (is that racist enuf fer
all of ya?) Given EVERY situation, voter ID requirement affects more minority
than any other. IMO, it is clearly an effort to suppress the minority vote,
(any argument there?) since most of those folks have some sort of problem,
literacy? legality? residency? and are overwhelmingly Democratic leaning...
mostly cause the Pubs don't want to include them in the "big tent"...but y'all
can argue otherwise...Rush, Laura, Sarah, Glenn, Ann and the "main steam"
group can/will pontificate the opposite, so, I have no problem stating this
opinion, and it IS an opinion...some to stir, some to get a thought process going
but mostly, to generate some good conversation....

sooooo...ROCK ON....boomer!

TheHumanAlphabet
9/30/2014, 09:23 PM
No.

FaninAma
9/30/2014, 09:43 PM
opinion, and it IS an opinion...some to stir, some to get a thought process going

Please explain why. Why are voter ID laws inherently biased against minorities? If you made the argument that poor people of all races find it more difficult to obtain an ID then I would at least give you credit for being consistent.

But what is the quality or deficiency shared by minorities that make them less capable of obtaining a voter ID not shared by whites?

FaninAma
9/30/2014, 09:49 PM
You must be the last person that doesn't have that stupid *** mother ****er on ignore.
I simply pick and choose which messages to read. If I see the words "dumbass" or "lemming" in the post I don't read the rest.

But I would really like to understand why progressives think voter ID laws are inherently biased against minorities.

olevetonahill
9/30/2014, 10:06 PM
I simply pick and choose which messages to read. If I see the words "dumbass" or "lemming" in the post I don't read the rest.

But I would really like to understand why progressives think voter ID laws are inherently biased against minorities.

Then you dont get to read many do you:highly_amused:

Personally I disagree with having to show my ID when I vote, Hell we shouldnt even have to register. Why do they have My name down on a List? Get rid of all that freedom stealin crap. and Just let me walk into as many polling places i can get and vote all i want.

FaninAma
9/30/2014, 10:09 PM
Then you dont get to read many do you:highly_amused:

Personally I disagree with having to show my ID when I vote, Hell we shouldnt even have to register. Why do they have My name down on a List? Get rid of all that freedom stealin crap. and Just let me walk into as many polling places i can get and vote all i want.
Sorry but I don't want my vote cancelled out by somebody who doesn't have a right to vote in this country. And I don't want the party of Harry Reid busing union members from precinct to precinct.

FaninAma
9/30/2014, 10:11 PM
http://www.nhregister.com/government-and-politics/20140926/bridgeport-state-rep-christina-ayala-arrested-on-19-voting-fraud-charges

SCOUT
9/30/2014, 10:15 PM

Rock, I know you don't mean it this way, but what you wrote seems oddly racist.

People of color (you mentioned multiple groups) don't have the ability to participate in one of the most basic aspects of society? The ability to prove they are who they say they are. Why do you think that?

Sooner8th
9/30/2014, 10:18 PM

First off typical of conservatives, pick and choose what you read so you wont let anything slip in that contradicts your beliefs.

Second "progressives think voter ID laws are inherently biased against minorities", we don't "think" they are, we know they are. Let's be real clear here, voter id laws are targeted at democrats PERIOD. What is the highest percentage group that votes for democrats. African-Americans. What group has the highest occurrence of not having the proper approved ID? African-Americans. That is how it is racist.

olevetonahill
9/30/2014, 10:24 PM
Sorry but I don't want my vote cancelled out by somebody who doesn't have a right to vote in this country. And I don't want the party of Harry Reid busing union members from precinct to precinct.

Heh, I were being sarcastic :drunk:

Turd_Ferguson
9/30/2014, 10:41 PM
and Just let me walk into as many polling places i can get and vote all i want.

You can, but you the wrong color and live in the wrong hood.

Sooner8th
9/30/2014, 10:54 PM
http://www.nhregister.com/government-and-politics/20140926/bridgeport-state-rep-christina-ayala-arrested-on-19-voting-fraud-charges

http://www.salon.com/2014/06/24/gops_voter_fraud_humiliation_turns_out_wisconsins_ worst_case_is_a_republican/

olevetonahill
9/30/2014, 11:19 PM
You can, but you the wrong color and live in the wrong hood.

I see KC still talking to his self LOL

Sooner in Tampa
10/1/2014, 07:21 AM
I fail to see how voting laws are racist. It is free to register to vote, you get a voting card in the mail. You take the voting card to the polling place, cast your ballot and you are done.

How is this racist? There has to be a method to keep people from voting multiple times like the lady who cast a ballot for Barry SEVEN times!! If you don't have an ID, how do you regulate a person from voting multiple times?

The whole thing seems pretty simple to me.

Ton Loc
10/1/2014, 08:38 AM
Its not racist. I don't want you to vote if you don't have your **** together enough to perform a basic responsibility like have an ID. Jesus, who gives two ****s anyway. Less than half of the population votes anyway.

SoonerBBall
10/1/2014, 10:33 AM
I'm amazed that people are still confused about voting. There is no constitutional or inherent right to vote. It is a privilege extended to you by the state. The constitution only states that if you extend the privilege, it must be done equally based on a number of amendments (race, gender, birth, age, etc). It is the reason convicted felons can't legally vote.

Personally, I believe that a minimum set of requirements should be set forth for voting such as graduation from high school or the equivalent (G.E.D.) or even college. It could also be tied to military service. There are plenty of good, unbiased ways to provide voting rights. The current system of any uninformed, unidentified idiot being able to vote on the future of the country (both parties included) is asinine.

badger
10/1/2014, 01:07 PM
I think the correct argument to make against Voter ID laws is that they tend to suppress low income voters, rather than minorities. It costs between $20-$50 for a state issued photo ID/driver's license in Oklahoma (http://www.dps.state.ok.us/dls/pub/Driver-License-Fees.pdf), for example.

So, who are you suppressing by disallowing people from voting who don't have state issued photo IDs? Those that cannot afford a $20-$50 fee every four years. Small amount to most of us here, but unaffordable to those who survive on about a dollar a day in food stamps.

The work-around is to issue free photo IDs to every adult resident of the state who applies for one. I would venture that most residents already have a driver's license and will not apply, but for those that cannot afford $20 for a photo ID, it takes away this voting hurdle.

The current system of any uninformed, unidentified idiot being able to vote on the future of the country (both parties included) is asinine.
I disagree with this argument. Very few, percentage-wise eligible voters bother to register to vote, and even fewer bother to show up at polling places on voting day. If you make the effort to register, then make the effort to cast your vote on Tuesday (or by absentee ballot earlier), that should be test enough that you are a worthy voter. If you want to get angry at anyone, be angry at the millions of Americans who either fail to register, or fail to show up to vote.

yermom
10/1/2014, 01:09 PM
how do they get their picture taken for said ID?

badger
10/1/2014, 01:11 PM

Tag agency. They're all over the state, including downtown Tulsa. If they can't make it to a tag agency then they likely can't make it to a poll to vote either

FaninAma
10/1/2014, 01:27 PM
Heh, I were being sarcastic :drunk:
Sorry. I should have picked up on that. It went right over my head. :D

rock on sooner
10/1/2014, 01:36 PM
Tag agency. They're all over the state, including downtown Tulsa. If they can't make it to a tag agency then they likely can't make it to a poll to vote either

In my neck of the woods, there are "we'll get you to the polls" efforts but
I haven't seen or heard about "we'll get you to the ID station".. As far as
I know there is a DMV office in every county and some of Iowa's counties
are really rural (county seats under 1500 population) so transportation
would really be an issue....

FaninAma
10/1/2014, 01:39 PM
So we have established that voter ID laws are not racist but rather, according to the progressives, an undue burden on the poor. I find that assertion interesting in light of the fact that the ID's will be provided at no cost and will be available at any office where the poor go to collect entitlement benefits.

As far as the assertion there is no voter fraud please read this article before you fall in line with the standard PC BS coming from the left.
http://www.aim.org/special-report/the-lefts-national-vote-fraud-strategy-exposed/

ACORN, synonymous with abuse and fraud, is like the 3-headed Hydra.

badger
10/1/2014, 01:48 PM
I find that assertion interesting in light of the fact that the ID's will be provided at no cost and will be available at any office where the poor go to collect entitlement benefits.

If that's the case I think that's fair to everyone. However, I have not heard about free IDs in every state, which is where I think that debate begins whether requiring an ID that is not free to everyone is essentially a poll tax.

I agree that voter fraud is happening, but unless IDs that are required to vote are free to those that cannot afford them then I don't support such laws.

For the record, Oklahomans can vote without ID, but there's some form or something that requires the election board to verify voting eligibility before they'll count the ballot. I don't know the exact procedure, since I've always remembered my DL when I go to vote.

FaninAma
10/1/2014, 01:59 PM
Google "Voter IDs are free". There are instruction provided by several state governments instructing voters how they can get their FREE voter ID.

Of course a government issued voter ID card is not a panacea because you then have to have voter polling locations where workers and volunteers actually abide by state laws.

SoonerBBall
10/1/2014, 02:23 PM
I disagree with this argument. Very few, percentage-wise eligible voters bother to register to vote, and even fewer bother to show up at polling places on voting day. If you make the effort to register, then make the effort to cast your vote on Tuesday (or by absentee ballot earlier), that should be test enough that you are a worthy voter. If you want to get angry at anyone, be angry at the millions of Americans who either fail to register, or fail to show up to vote.

So your argument is that registering to vote and than showing up is a sufficient test to help determine the future of our country?

Even disregarding the insane initiatives by both parties to register voters in mass without any particular effort on their part, that argument is ridiculous. If you don't want to vote, that is on you. If you do want to vote, you should have to earn that right in a substantial way.

olevetonahill
10/1/2014, 02:46 PM
If a person is too ****ing stupid to get an ID they too ****in stupid to vote.

Soonerjeepman
10/1/2014, 03:03 PM
I think the correct argument to make against Voter ID laws is that they tend to suppress low income voters, rather than minorities. It costs between $20-$50 for a state issued photo ID/driver's license in Oklahoma (http://www.dps.state.ok.us/dls/pub/Driver-License-Fees.pdf), for example.

So, who are you suppressing by disallowing people from voting who don't have state issued photo IDs? Those that cannot afford a $20-$50 fee every four years. Small amount to most of us here, but unaffordable to those who survive on about a dollar a day in food stamps.

The work-around is to issue free photo IDs to every adult resident of the state who applies for one. I would venture that most residents already have a driver's license and will not apply, but for those that cannot afford $20 for a photo ID, it takes away this voting hurdle.

it's amazing how many of my "low-income" free and reduced lunch kids have $20-$40 for carnival...parents drive new to 5 yr old suv's. I totally disagree. The only folks that couldn't afford it are the homeless...and if given they are homeless than provide an ID with my tax money.

I believe most states already have laws on the books that everyone (18 and up maybe) must have an ID on them at all times....I know Kansas does.

Soonerjeepman
10/1/2014, 03:07 PM

obama phone

Ton Loc
10/1/2014, 03:14 PM

Exactly

rock on sooner
10/1/2014, 03:28 PM
Google "Voter IDs are free". There are instruction provided by several state governments instructing voters how they can get their FREE voter ID.

Of course a government issued voter ID card is not a panacea because you then have to have voter polling locations where workers and volunteers actually abide by state laws.

The Acorn issue notwithstanding, I think there are more instances of the
polling location abuses than actual fraudulent voting...given what I read/
heard about during the 2012 election cycle in Florida and other places
in the Southeast, especially...8 to 10 hour waits in line to vote, denying
elderly citizen the opportunity to vote now, after they had been able to
before and I think that it is not restricted to one party or the other...

I can only cite Des Moines as an example, but another point about income
differences. Drive around this city in the affluent suburbs and 98% of the
yard signs support the Pubs...go into the inner city/older parts of town
where it is obviously less affluent and the yard signs, almost as high a
percentage, support the Dems. Clearly, that supports the lower versus
higher incomes and who favors whom. The hottest Senate seat race in
the country shows the Pub candidate outraising the Dem and the $$$ comes
from outside the state, no small thanks to Citizens United.....yeah, I know
this is off topic from the OP but, the thread seemed to wander a bit....

Sooner8th
10/1/2014, 03:39 PM
So we have established that voter ID laws are not racist but rather, according to the progressives, an undue burden on the poor. I find that assertion interesting in light of the fact that the ID's will be provided at no cost and will be available at any office where the poor go to collect entitlement benefits.

As far as the assertion there is no voter fraud please read this article before you fall in line with the standard PC BS coming from the left.
http://www.aim.org/special-report/the-lefts-national-vote-fraud-strategy-exposed/

ACORN, synonymous with abuse and fraud, is like the 3-headed Hydra.

ACORN again huh? It says in the article it was disbanded in 2010! This group came up with them Vincent Foster conspiracy theory that Bill Clinton was in on it. Are you really so ****ing stupid to give any credence to anything this nut job group says?

I knew you people were stupid, but damn this is a new low for even you ama.

Sooner8th
10/1/2014, 03:47 PM
I'm amazed that people are still confused about voting. There is no constitutional or inherent right to vote. It is a privilege extended to you by the state. The constitution only states that if you extend the privilege, it must be done equally based on a number of amendments (race, gender, birth, age, etc). It is the reason convicted felons can't legally vote.

Personally, I believe that a minimum set of requirements should be set forth for voting such as graduation from high school or the equivalent (G.E.D.) or even college. It could also be tied to military service. There are plenty of good, unbiased ways to provide voting rights. The current system of any uninformed, unidentified idiot being able to vote on the future of the country (both parties included) is asinine.

Where the hell do you get this at? Are you kidding me? The right to vote is stated FIVE times in the constitution!

AMENDMENT XIV
Section 2.
But when the right to vote at any election for the choice of electors for President and Vice-President of the United States, Representatives in Congress, the Executive and Judicial officers of a State

AMENDMENT XIX
The right of citizens of the United States to vote shall not be denied or abridged by the United States or by any State on account of sex.

AMENDMENT XV
Section 1.
The right of citizens of the United States to vote shall not be denied or abridged by the United States or by any State on account of race, color, or previous condition of servitude--

AMENDMENT XXIV
Section 1.
The right of citizens of the United States to vote in any primary or other election for President or Vice President, for electors for President or Vice President, or for Senator or Representative in Congress, shall not be denied or abridged by the United States or any State by reason of failure to pay any poll tax or other tax.

AMENDMENT XXVI
Section 1.
The right of citizens of the United States, who are eighteen years of age or older, to vote shall not be denied or abridged by the United States or by any State on account of age.

SoonerBBall
10/1/2014, 04:00 PM
Where the hell do you get this at? Are you kidding me? The right to vote is stated FIVE times in the constitution!

AMENDMENT XIV
Section 2.
But when the right to vote at any election for the choice of electors for President and Vice-President of the United States, Representatives in Congress, the Executive and Judicial officers of a State

AMENDMENT XIX
The right of citizens of the United States to vote shall not be denied or abridged by the United States or by any State on account of sex.

AMENDMENT XV
Section 1.
The right of citizens of the United States to vote shall not be denied or abridged by the United States or by any State on account of race, color, or previous condition of servitude--

AMENDMENT XXIV
Section 1.
The right of citizens of the United States to vote in any primary or other election for President or Vice President, for electors for President or Vice President, or for Senator or Representative in Congress, shall not be denied or abridged by the United States or any State by reason of failure to pay any poll tax or other tax.

AMENDMENT XXVI
Section 1.
The right of citizens of the United States, who are eighteen years of age or older, to vote shall not be denied or abridged by the United States or by any State on account of age.

You have a reading comprehension problem which led to you putting the wrong part of the text in bold. I fixed it for you. Again, there is no inherent right to vote. The voting rights extended to you by the states just can't be denied or abridged for specifically defined reasons. It is why a prisoner can be released after repaying his debt to society and still be denied voting rights.

badger
10/1/2014, 04:11 PM
So your argument is that registering to vote and than showing up is a sufficient test to help determine the future of our country?
Well, you could always change the requirements to register from 18 years old no felonies and citizen to something more strict... but really if you don't like the intelligence level of current voters couldn't you encourage more of your smarter friends and family members to go vote?

See? We're already raising voter standards :P

it's amazing how many of my "low-income" free and reduced lunch kids have $20-$40 for carnival
I used to get money from grandparents for use on special trips or on special occasions. When I see low income kids with iPods and nice sneakers, I assume they were gifts, not food stamp/welfare fraud. Then again, some low income families have money management issues, hence being low income?

I think we can file this subject under that "nobody's going to change their opinions on this one" file. I get that people think voters are stupid when elections don't turn out how they want. :D

Ton Loc
10/1/2014, 04:50 PM
...I think we can file this subject under that "nobody's going to change their opinions on this one" file...

Hell - We can file every topic in Obamafest in that one. We just like to argue...I mean discuss things

olevetonahill
10/1/2014, 05:20 PM
Hell - We can file every topic in Obamafest in that one. We just like to argue...I mean discuss things

I dont Argue I just :highly_amused:
https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQR0YvaekSD3opsSXAxVzXZJotoIkxKw F6EJS0apu7xStOUS-zsUQ

FaninAma
10/1/2014, 05:37 PM
So apparently the argument comes down to the assertion that poor people, especially minorities, are too stupid, ignorant or unmotivated to secure their voterID card. Interesting that those calling for voter ID cards are labeled racist.

Sooner8th, reread the article. It will walk you through the history of how ACORN has morphed into a dozen other community organizing groups with the same unethical principles. Just trying to help you out buddy.

okiewaker
10/1/2014, 06:30 PM
I've never collected entitlement benefits. Can you even get those benefits w/o an ID card of some sort? If so.....

Sooner8th
10/1/2014, 07:07 PM
You have a reading comprehension problem which led to you putting the wrong part of the text in bold. I fixed it for you. Again, there is no inherent right to vote. The voting rights extended to you by the states just can't be denied or abridged for specifically defined reasons. It is why a prisoner can be released after repaying his debt to society and still be denied voting rights.

I have the reading comprehension problem which led to you putting the wrong part of the text in bold? I'm using the conservative republican reading comprehension. "Fix" the below highlighting.

AGAIN - there is an inherent right to vote - it says it FIVE times to one time about arms.

Amendment II

A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

Sooner8th
10/1/2014, 07:13 PM
So apparently the argument comes down to the assertion that poor people, especially minorities, are too stupid, ignorant or unmotivated to secure their voterID card. Interesting that those calling for voter ID cards are labeled racist.

Sooner8th, reread the article. It will walk you through the history of how ACORN has morphed into a dozen other community organizing groups with the same unethical principles. Just trying to help you out buddy.

NNAAWWWW man I'm helping you out to keep you from further ignorance and embarrassing yourself even more. Look at who wrote that ignorant dribble, CLINTON KILLED VINCE FOSTER! READ ALL ABOUT IT!!

Hey did you notice the part in the article where they posted the picture of the list that is too small to see? Such sorry reporting they couldn't even bother to retype it.

Too damn funny.

olevetonahill
10/1/2014, 07:24 PM
KC still babbling to himself I see.

rock on sooner
10/1/2014, 08:49 PM
I've never collected entitlement benefits. Can you even get those benefits w/o an ID card of some sort? If so.....

Don't know about now, but when I was a boy in southern OK my parents
got stuff from Carter county, but I don't remember any ID's then. It took
a lot of effort but my siblings and I worked our way out of that morass and
have made decent lives for ourselves and kids...a bunch of college graduates,
teachers, coaches, project analyst, BSN nurse along the way....I have seen
both sides of the equation....

olevetonahill
10/1/2014, 09:03 PM
Don't know about now, but when I was a boy in southern OK my parents
got stuff from Carter county, but I don't remember any ID's then. It took
a lot of effort but my siblings and I worked our way out of that morass and
have made decent lives for ourselves and kids...a bunch of college graduates,
teachers, coaches, project analyst, BSN nurse along the way....I have seen
both sides of the equation....

I think yer thinking of the Commodities program that was distributed thru the county Commissioners. The cheese , powdered eggs and milk and such they used to give out. My ex Inlaws got that Hell they even got enough seeds to plant a huge garden.
Then The Foodstamp program took off and and the price of groceries skyrocketed.

Prolly dint need an ID back then for that because Most folk had pride and Only accepted it out of Dire need and to see their children dint go hungry. Now a days The welfare recipients flount the charity they get.
Hell theres Grown *** MEN here that live off food stamps and think nothing of it.

Soonerjeepman
10/1/2014, 09:04 PM
The Acorn issue notwithstanding, I think there are more instances of the
polling location abuses than actual fraudulent voting...given what I read/
heard about during the 2012 election cycle in Florida and other places
in the Southeast, especially...8 to 10 hour waits in line to vote, denying
elderly citizen the opportunity to vote now, after they had been able to
before and I think that it is not restricted to one party or the other...

I can only cite Des Moines as an example, but another point about income
differences. Drive around this city in the affluent suburbs and 98% of the
yard signs support the Pubs...go into the inner city/older parts of town
where it is obviously less affluent and the yard signs, almost as high a
percentage, support the Dems. Clearly, that supports the lower versus
higher incomes and who favors whom. The hottest Senate seat race in
the country shows the Pub candidate outraising the Dem and the $$$ comes
from outside the state, no small thanks to Citizens United.....yeah, I know
this is off topic from the OP but, the thread seemed to wander a bit....

got to disagree with some of that...I saw a ton of obama signs in upper middle class to high income neighborhoods...the first time through.

rock on sooner
10/1/2014, 09:34 PM
got to disagree with some of that...I saw a ton of obama signs in upper middle class to high income neighborhoods...the first time through.

I just took my daughter to the airport and drove through an area that showed
a big mix of housing and a mix of Pub and Dem signs...I did take notice and,
for a lot of them, the houses appeared nicer for the Pubs' signs than for the
Dems, but nothing really definitive there. But, there is no doubt in my mind
about the overall....

rock on sooner
10/1/2014, 09:35 PM
I dont Argue I just :highly_amused:
https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQR0YvaekSD3opsSXAxVzXZJotoIkxKw F6EJS0apu7xStOUS-zsUQ

Hey, Vet, izzat yer outhouse in the background?

olevetonahill
10/1/2014, 09:39 PM
Hey, Vet, izzat yer outhouse in the background?

Hell no thats My Shack

olevetonahill
10/1/2014, 09:41 PM
I just took my daughter to the airport and drove through an area that showed
a big mix of housing and a mix of Pub and Dem signs...I did take notice and,

for a lot of them, the houses appeared nicer for the Pubs' signs than for the
Dems, but nothing really definitive there. But, there is no doubt in my mind
about the overall....

Who was said. The Poor been votin Dems for 50 years and they STILL Poor?
Dont what you just said show ya sompun Bro?

rock on sooner
10/1/2014, 09:43 PM
Hell no thats My Shack

Well, 'scuuuuse me!

olevetonahill
10/1/2014, 09:48 PM
Well, 'scuuuuse me!

I do Poop in it tho.:highly_amused:

rock on sooner
10/1/2014, 09:59 PM
I do Poop in it tho.:highly_amused:

Oh, multi purpose...huh...

olevetonahill
10/1/2014, 10:10 PM
Oh, multi purpose...huh...

Naturly

SCOUT
10/1/2014, 10:55 PM
I have the reading comprehension problem which led to you putting the wrong part of the text in bold? I'm using the conservative republican reading comprehension. "Fix" the below highlighting.

AGAIN - there is an inherent right to vote - it says it FIVE times to one time about arms.

Amendment II

A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

I am glad that we are in agreement about sticking to the words written. At last we can agree that our rights were endowed by our creator. I mean if you are declaring a new country in the name of God given rights, there isn't much debate, right?

Your post also points out an important point. No other amendment is as prescriptive as the second. The "right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed." is pretty specific.

I am glad that you are on board with God and guns.

Sooner8th
10/2/2014, 05:42 AM
I am glad that we are in agreement about sticking to the words written. At last we can agree that our rights were endowed by our creator. I mean if you are declaring a new country in the name of God given rights, there isn't much debate, right?

Your post also points out an important point. No other amendment is as prescriptive as the second. The "right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed." is pretty specific.

I am glad that you are on board with God and guns.

You people are laughable.

Show me in the constitution where god is mentioned. You are right, no other amendment is as prescriptive as the second.

Amendment II

Typical of conservatives, just making **** up and selective parsing of full and complete sentences when it suits you i.e. you didn't build that. Either you parse the sentences of each amendment or you don't parse any of them. Try to be consistent.

Sooner in Tampa
10/2/2014, 07:21 AM
Who was said. The Poor been votin Dems for 50 years and they STILL Poor?
Dont what you just said show ya sompun Bro?
Vet,

VERY interesting point...the War on Poverty!! Who started that war and how has it worked out? (Rhetorical question for the boob, KC/8th, cuz I know he is reading this and his head will probably explode...hopefully)

The War on Poverty has created the largest slave owner in the United States...the federal government. Food stamps, welfare, and all the social programs keep 'slaves' subservient to the 'master'! I wish I could claim this hypothesis as mine, but alas it is not. It was a discussion I had with a very dear friend of mine...a retired AF SMSgt who has raised 4 of the finest men you will ever meet. He has been married to the same woman for over 30 years and I go to him for sage advice on many occasions.

olevetonahill
10/2/2014, 07:50 AM
Vet,

VERY interesting point...the War on Poverty!! Who started that war and how has it worked out? (Rhetorical question for the boob, KC/8th, cuz I know he is reading this and his head will probably explode...hopefully)

The War on Poverty has created the largest slave owner in the United States...the federal government. Food stamps, welfare, and all the social programs keep 'slaves' subservient to the 'master'! I wish I could claim this hypothesis as mine, but alas it is not. It was a discussion I had with a very dear friend of mine...a retired AF SMSgt who has raised 4 of the finest men you will ever meet. He has been married to the same woman for over 30 years and I go to him for sage advice on many occasions.

Yup. Ive discussed that same subject many times.
Give a man a fish you feed him for a day Teach HIM to fish and he feeds himself the rest of his life.
KC will just spin and deflect and twist . Thats why hes on ignore.
Hes worse than a nagging wife, who never STFU and just keeps grinding the same old crap out.

Sooner8th
10/2/2014, 08:50 AM
Vet,

Rhetorical huh? So you already know the answer from your ignorant rightwingnut websites and rnc talking points. Why would i waste my time with any facts or data. Keep on in your ignorance and sheer stupidity - Food stamps, welfare, and all the social programs keep 'slaves' subservient to the 'master'! Just a regurgitation, no original thought.

Sooner in Tampa
10/2/2014, 08:55 AM
Give a man a fish you feed him for a day Teach HIM to fish and he feeds himself the rest of his life.
Hes worse than a nagging wife, who never STFU and just keeps grinding the same old crap out.

HAHAHA...he is still being a circle jerk of one...HAHAHA

Sooner in Tampa
10/2/2014, 08:58 AM
Oh...and here is something that should **** many hard working Americans off;

...welfare benefits are not taxed, whereas wages are...

In fact, in 33 states and the District of Columbia, welfare pays more than an $8-an-hour job. In 12 states, including California, as well as the District of Columbia, the welfare package is more generous than a $15-an-hour job. In Hawaii, Massachusetts, Connecticut, New York, New Jersey, Rhode Island, Vermont and Washington, D.C., welfare pays more than a $20-an-hour job, or more than 2.75 times the minimum wage.

After computing the federal income tax, the state income tax and payroll taxes, as well as taking into account federal and state earned income tax credits and the child tax credit, we came to the inescapable conclusion that welfare pays very well.

And these figures did not come from some 'right wing' site...it is the good ole LA Times

http://articles.latimes.com/2013/aug/22/opinion/la-oe-tanner-welfare-work-pay-20130822

Soonerjeepman
10/2/2014, 11:06 AM
I used to get money from grandparents for use on special trips or on special occasions. When I see low income kids with iPods and nice sneakers, I assume they were gifts, not food stamp/welfare fraud. Then again, some low income families have money management issues, hence being low income?

ummm, no...and yes. So, we are going to not require ID's because they can't manage their money? I also added that I'd rather use my tax money to provide a simple ID at the welfare office...or hell make it mobile...than giving 2 million dollars to promote old farts to join choirs.

http://www.100percentfedup.com/news/2354-absurd-over-2-million-taxpayer-dollars-spent-on-how-to-get-culturally-diverse-old-people-to-join-a-choir

ABSURD! OVER $2 MILLION TAXPAYER DOLLARS SPENT ON HOW TO GET "CULTURALLY DIVERSE" OLD PEOPLE TO JOIN A CHOIR

Sooner in Tampa
10/2/2014, 11:15 AM
ABSURD! OVER $2 MILLION TAXPAYER DOLLARS SPENT ON HOW TO GET "CULTURALLY DIVERSE" OLD PEOPLE TO JOIN A CHOIR

Agreed!

rock on sooner
10/2/2014, 11:18 AM
Agreed!

Yup, me too....

Soonerjeepman
10/2/2014, 11:26 AM
The NIH’s Institute on Aging is financing the study, which began in 2012. So far, the project has cost taxpayers $2,075,611. The study was most recently awarded a $678,493 grant in August.

oops, guess it's closer to 3 million....if I read that right.

FaninAma
10/2/2014, 12:00 PM
Oh...and here is something that should **** many hard working Americans off;

...welfare benefits are not taxed, whereas wages are...

In fact, in 33 states and the District of Columbia, welfare pays more than an $8-an-hour job. In 12 states, including California, as well as the District of Columbia, the welfare package is more generous than a $15-an-hour job. In Hawaii, Massachusetts, Connecticut, New York, New Jersey, Rhode Island, Vermont and Washington, D.C., welfare pays more than a $20-an-hour job, or more than 2.75 times the minimum wage.

After computing the federal income tax, the state income tax and payroll taxes, as well as taking into account federal and state earned income tax credits and the child tax credit, we came to the inescapable conclusion that welfare pays very well.

And these figures did not come from some 'right wing' site...it is the good ole LA Times

http://articles.latimes.com/2013/aug/22/opinion/la-oe-tanner-welfare-work-pay-20130822
Outstanding post.

olevetonahill
10/2/2014, 02:06 PM
Agreed!

Hell I;d join fer 1/2 that and save Yall some Money. see what a Great guy i am?

SoonerBBall
10/2/2014, 02:10 PM

Amendment II

The Supreme Court doesn't even agree with you. In Gore v Bush they stated “[t]he individual citizen has no federal constitutional right to vote for electors for the President of the United States.” So how can you have a federal constitutional right to vote at all if not for the electors of the President?

Sooner8th
10/2/2014, 03:01 PM
The Supreme Court doesn't even agree with you. In Gore v Bush they stated “[t]he individual citizen has no federal constitutional right to vote for electors for the President of the United States.” So how can you have a federal constitutional right to vote at all if not for the electors of the President?

This is proof you have a comprehension problem. “[t]he individual citizen has no federal constitutional right to vote for electors for the President of the United States.” They are not talking about the right to vote, they are talking about the right of citizens to vote for ELECTORS to the Electoral College. Constitution provides that each state legislature decides how electors are chosen.

Get it pumpkin?

How funny is it of you to run out gore v bush, simply the worst decision in the history of the supreme court in which forced the state to stop recounting over 70,000 ballots previously rejected by machine counters and stated - that a recount of votes "of questionable legality does [...] threaten irreparable harm" to Bush as "each manual recount produces a degradation of the ballots."

So you would also agree countin' votes harms republicans huh?

Typical

FaninAma
10/2/2014, 04:24 PM
Sooner8th, the SCOTUS stopped the recount because Gore's legal team only wanted to recount votes in the precincts they felt would benefit their client. If they had demanded a state-wide recount he may have had more of a legal case. I think unofficial recounts of the disputed ballots showed Bush won anyway.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Florida_election_recount

rock on sooner
10/2/2014, 04:32 PM
Sooner8th, the SCOTUS stopped the recount because Gore's legal team only wanted to recount votes in the precincts they felt would benefit their client. If they had demanded a state-wide recount he may have had more of a legal case. I think unofficial recounts of the disputed ballots showed Bush won anyway.

If memory serves, Fanin, you are correct. However, the appearance of
SCOTUS favoritism really made for untold Dem outrage...Gore's people
f'd it all up, just like Kerry's people before him....the Pubs really benefited
from inept Dem advisors.....

Sooner8th
10/2/2014, 04:45 PM

OOOHHH ama there you go again, showing how ****ing stupid you are....................again.

Gore REQUESTED A MANUAL COUNT OF FOUR COUNTIES THAT WAS GRANTED BY THE FOUR COUNTIES, Volusia, Palm Beach, Broward and Miami-Dade.

Gore then sued Harris to contest the certification, again losing in the trial court but prevailing on appeal, where the Florida Supreme Court ruled that Harris had to include in her certified totals the untimely recounted votes from Palm Beach and Miami-Dade Counties, which whittled down Bush's lead to 154 votes. The court also ordered a manual recount for all the 60,000 undervotes cast in the state but failed to specify the criteria by which those votes would be counted as having been made for Bush or Gore. The canvassing boards of each county were free to determine their own criteria.

The stopped the state wide court ordered count of the 60k votes that were not counted by the machine. Two completly different things, the four counties counted theirs and turned them in by the time the supreme court stopped the statewide count of undervotes.

Did you even read the link you posted? It says it right in there. DUMBASS

hawaii 5-0
10/2/2014, 09:28 PM
What bothers me is that there are so many laws and policies that are so fukked up and now we have a Congress that won't get their shlt together enough to do a dammed thing about it.

As a Moderate I'm all for finding a middle, workable solution to the plethora of problems. Both sides coming together. Alas, some States are electing Congresspersons on the platform of doing nothing at all.

5-0

Turd_Ferguson
10/2/2014, 10:08 PM
What bothers me is that there are so many laws and policies that are so fukked up and now we have a Congress that won't get their shlt together enough to do a dammed thing about it.

As a Moderate I'm all for finding a middle, workable solution to the plethora of problems. Both sides coming together. Alas, some States are electing Congresspersons on the platform of doing nothing at all.

5-0

You had me right up to "moderate"...

rock on sooner
10/3/2014, 06:53 AM

Heh...

Sooner in Tampa
10/3/2014, 06:57 AM

Fan...you are wasting the keystrokes...the mightiest dumbfvck on the planet (know to us as KC/8th) is a spin machine and he only sees the world through his sh!tstained uber liberal lenses.

Putting him on iggy was by far the best thing I did on the Internet!!

And since you are discussing Bush v. Gore...let me guess...fvcktard probably blames SCOTUS for 'stealing' the election...right??? Still butthurt after 14 years...HAHAHA

IGotNoTiming
10/3/2014, 08:12 AM
Well the redistricting by the Republicans down here was viewed by many as disenfranchising minorities for sure. The new districts made no sense and are being challenged thru the courts.
Ultimately I think the politicians as individuals are purposefully just trying to hang on to power...

Soonerjeepman
10/3/2014, 08:21 AM
Well the redistricting by the Republicans down here was viewed by many as disenfranchising minorities for sure. The new districts made no sense and are being challenged thru the courts.
Ultimately I think the politicians as individuals are purposefully just trying to hang on to power...

just like obama wanting to allow millions of illegals in so they can vote dem....

dwarthog
10/3/2014, 08:27 AM

It's kind of funny how when the Dems redistrict they are righteous, but republicans redistricting is evil incarnate.

Personally, redistricting is the worst thing that has happened to our political system. It's the only plausible explanation for why congress is so universally despised and yet you get almost no turnover of any kind in the congressional ranks.

A discussion about voter id laws being racist and disenfranchising minorities is somewhat ironical when you see the current levels of voter participation. A lot of voters have come to the conclusion, and rightly so, their vote is meaningless particularly when cast in a district stacked to produce an expected outcome.

The only solution is to stop redistricting by redrawing everyone of them to reflect the demographics according to the latest census numbers.

Let the voters decide and let every ones vote count once more.

dwarthog
10/3/2014, 08:28 AM
HAHAHA...he is still being a circle jerk of one...HAHAHA

Poor bastage has to give himself his own reach around now...

olevetonahill
10/3/2014, 08:35 AM
Yet some are still letting him twist ,spin and deflect from the original post. Make him stay on subject if yer gonna respond to him at all. As far as I can tell from response's and some quotes he never answered the OP.

Sooner8th
10/3/2014, 08:38 AM

Fan...you are wasting the keystrokes...the mightiest dumbfvck on the planet (know to us as KC/8th) is a spin machine and he only sees the world through his sh!tstained uber liberal lenses.

Putting him on iggy was by far the best thing I did on the Internet!!

And since you are discussing Bush v. Gore...let me guess...fvcktard probably blames SCOTUS for 'stealing' the election...right??? Still butthurt after 14 years...HAHAHA

These two posts embody conservative ignorance. There is this thing called the internet that has facts you can check - USE IT.

We will never know who really won the election because no one ever when back and counted the 60 to 70 THOUSAND uncounted ballots - the supreme court stopped the count that was ordered by the florida supreme court.

Second, ignoring those you disagree with. Don't let anything that does not support your beliefs penetrate your bubble.

Eveyone should be butthurt about that election - how did dubya work for you and the country? HUH?

hawaii 5-0
10/3/2014, 10:41 AM

I've got friends on both sides more extreme than me. Both try to abuse me without success.

Too many issues where I agree with the Rightist frame of mind, especially the 2nd Amendment, to call myself a Lib. Whatever others call me runs off my back.

I'm a swing voter and won't hesitate to vote Repub if they represent my views, which, yet again are Moderate. Both sides working together.

Often I'll leave some Conservative thread alone of this Bored, mainly because I tend to agree with most of the comments.

I mix it up on here primarily for my own entertainment, not because I hope to change anyone's mind.

Have phun !!

5-0

olevetonahill
10/3/2014, 11:06 AM
I've got friends on both sides more extreme than me. Both try to abuse me without success.

Too many issues where I agree with the Rightist frame of mind, especially the 2nd Amendment, to call myself a Lib. Whatever others call me runs off my back.

I'm a swing voter and won't hesitate to vote Repub if they represent my views, which, yet again are Moderate. Both sides working together.

Often I'll leave some Conservative thread alone of this Bored, mainly because I tend to agree with most of the comments.

I mix it up on here primarily for my own entertainment, not because I hope to change anyone's mind.

Have phun !!

5-0

Ya had me right up to Being Moderate LOL\

FaninAma
10/3/2014, 11:54 AM
OOOHHH ama there you go again, showing how ****ing stupid you are....................again.

Gore REQUESTED A MANUAL COUNT OF FOUR COUNTIES THAT WAS GRANTED BY THE FOUR COUNTIES, Volusia, Palm Beach, Broward and Miami-Dade.

Gore then sued Harris to contest the certification, again losing in the trial court but prevailing on appeal, where the Florida Supreme Court ruled that Harris had to include in her certified totals the untimely recounted votes from Palm Beach and Miami-Dade Counties, which whittled down Bush's lead to 154 votes. The court also ordered a manual recount for all the 60,000 undervotes cast in the state but failed to specify the criteria by which those votes would be counted as having been made for Bush or Gore. The canvassing boards of each county were free to determine their own criteria.

The stopped the state wide court ordered count of the 60k votes that were not counted by the machine. Two completly different things, the four counties counted theirs and turned them in by the time the supreme court stopped the statewide count of undervotes.

Did you even read the link you posted? It says it right in there. DUMBASS
60,000 votes is not a recount of all votes cast in the state of Florida. Sooner8th, son, you aren't even putting up much of a challenge. Whether you are a troll or you are serious you continue to look more and more silly.

hawaii 5-0
10/3/2014, 03:46 PM
Ya had me right up to Being Moderate LOL\

I've had you from the git go Bucko !!

5-0

Sooner8th
10/3/2014, 03:47 PM
60,000 votes is not a recount of all votes cast in the state of Florida. Sooner8th, son, you aren't even putting up much of a challenge. Whether you are a troll or you are serious you continue to look more and more silly.

You are easily the dumbest mother****er on this board and with all the ignorant dumbasses on here that is really saying something.

Read it again, UNDERVOTES, UNDERVOTES, votes that could not counted by machines across the state. Get it? Do you understand? Do I need to use smaller words?

How many times do I have to completely blow up your completely stupid and ignorant points? And you say I look silly, dumbass.

olevetonahill
10/3/2014, 03:51 PM
I've had you from the git go Bucko !!

5-0

Yea OK LOL

okiewaker
10/3/2014, 06:17 PM
It would be racist if only blacks had to show ID to vote. But,,the law applies to all whites, yellows, reds, browns, and gray/yellows, as well.

rock on sooner
10/3/2014, 07:00 PM
You are easily the dumbest mother****er on this board and with all the ignorant dumbasses on here that is really saying something.

Read it again, UNDERVOTES, UNDERVOTES, votes that could not counted by machines across the state. Get it? Do you understand? Do I need to use smaller words?

How many times do I have to completely blow up your completely stupid and ignorant points? And you say I look silly, dumbass.
Ya know sompin? I've pm'ed you and typed publicly, too to try to get you to
tone it down...you responded with why you wouldn't...the guys on the right
are BEGGING the mods to not ban you so they can continue to have fun at
your (and other left of center) expense! The issue here is that we (left of
center)...I refuse the moderate label...cause in some cases I'm not, I am,
HOWEVER, a free thinking, smarter than you might believe, individual that
enjoys intelligent back and forth, and DAYUM, you don't let that happen. So,
having said all that, take your capital typing somewhere else. I said earlier,
when I posted some stuff, that I get a headache but I took two and will call
a doc tomorrow..Gotta tell ya, you aint fun, you aint funny and you do more to
hurt the left than you can possibly wrap your brain (?) around....

olevetonahill
10/3/2014, 07:07 PM
a doc tomorrow..
Gotta tell ya, you aint fun, you aint funny and you do more to

Why ya think the Hard rightys keep arguing with him.
Ima keep him on Iggy moren likely until AFTER the season. then i get bored and play with him some more.

rock on sooner
10/3/2014, 08:19 PM
Why ya think the Hard rightys keep arguing with him.
Ima keep him on Iggy moren likely until AFTER the season. then i get bored and play with him some more.

Welp, believe or not, in spite of being diametrically opposed to some
on the board, the arguments, on occasion, contain intelligence, which
causes me to hustle to research and I learn stuff, then I may or may
not change my mind/opinion. This guy, whoever he is, has a closed
mind, angry opinions and disdain for any differing statement/approach,
which is a classic example of the knuckleheads the American people
have in Congress. You know, over time I have learned a lot from Okie52
about the oil patch, you/TF/CB about taking a punch and giving the same
back, Jeep, 8X, Badj about a bunch of different stuff. Most importantly,
a lot of my beliefs, deep down inside, are firm and unchanging about what
is right and, at the same time, I can objectively look/listen to the other side,
even when I know they're full of it (:biggrin:) and keep on keepin' on. Every
once in a while, someone comes along that just makes it all unpleasant and
this is one of those times. And, I'm older than nearly all on the board, but, I
can still learn, laugh and enjoy stuff that's fun...name calling, obscene insults
and incessant belittling does not fit that bill.

If this viewpoint is a downer, sorry, but it is from a Sooner lover's heart....

olevetonahill
10/3/2014, 08:45 PM
I agree Rock
No ones gonna change their minds. You an I aint that far apart on most things. Actually I'd venture a guess Im more left on 1 er 2 but who knows.

I like gettin the Boy wound up cause of the History there LOL

Sooner8th
10/3/2014, 08:58 PM
a doc tomorrow..Gotta tell ya, you aint fun, you aint funny and you do more to

What do you know about being a liberal? If you are one, you are the problem. Scared to death of these dumbass lemmings who cannot even bother to look things up and see how false they are even after I provide links. I am only calling a spade a spade. I deliver opinions with facts and data to back them up. Simple facts of history like what gore v bush lawsuit was about is a great example of their willful ignorance of reality.

As for hard rights just answering me to goad me on is a crock of ****, NO ONE can purposefully be as stupid as these guys are who keep trying to argue with me by stating things that are right in on the page in front of them. it's willful so nothing will penetrate their bubble.

It is people like you who do more to hurt the left that you can possibly wrap your brain around, letting people believe and spread lies without calling them out. These idiots pass those emails around and believe anything rightwingnut websites write like one of Jesus disciples wrote them. It's like a weed, you let one get in, it just spreads and spreads.

rock on sooner
10/3/2014, 09:18 PM
I do not want to go to your level, but, the only time you can call a spade
a spade is when one smacks you up side your head! Your colors are showing,
in that you believe you are all knowing, that you "allow" the rest of us to
exist in your world. That is a true sadness, one who has been offered advice,
really well intended, both privately and publicly and your response is to throw
out invectives even to those that offered. I'll leave your insults where they
belong, in the "cloud" of methane that is your thought process.

olevetonahill
10/3/2014, 09:52 PM

Ya need me to teach yer old Lib asz how to put the Moran on Ignore?

Sooner8th
10/3/2014, 09:54 PM

Down to your level huh? Show me where I insulted you.

SCOUT
10/3/2014, 10:29 PM
Welp, believe or not, in spite of being diametrically opposed to some
on the board, the arguments, on occasion, contain intelligence, which
causes me to hustle to research and I learn stuff, then I may or may
not change my mind/opinion. This guy, whoever he is, has a closed
mind, angry opinions and disdain for any differing statement/approach,
which is a classic example of the knuckleheads the American people
have in Congress. You know, over time I have learned a lot from Okie52
about the oil patch, you/TF/CB about taking a punch and giving the same
back, Jeep, 8X, Badj about a bunch of different stuff. Most importantly,
a lot of my beliefs, deep down inside, are firm and unchanging about what
is right and, at the same time, I can objectively look/listen to the other side,
even when I know they're full of it (:biggrin:) and keep on keepin' on. Every
once in a while, someone comes along that just makes it all unpleasant and
this is one of those times. And, I'm older than nearly all on the board, but, I
can still learn, laugh and enjoy stuff that's fun...name calling, obscene insults
and incessant belittling does not fit that bill.

If this viewpoint is a downer, sorry, but it is from a Sooner lover's heart....

I love this post.

rock on sooner
10/4/2014, 09:06 AM
Ya need me to teach yer old Lib asz how to put the Moran on Ignore?

Thanks, but no, I want to keep my blood pumping on the times
that the Sooners aren't playing...someone once asked why I
listened to Limbaugh, my answer was that you can't argue with/
dislike/detest someone or something unless you have an under-
standing of said dummerassel/puta and that's what applies here.

olevetonahill
10/4/2014, 09:18 AM
Thanks, but no, I want to keep my blood pumping on the times
that the Sooners aren't playing...someone once asked why I
listened to Limbaugh, my answer was that you can't argue with/
dislike/detest someone or something unless you have an under-
standing of said dummerassel/puta and that's what applies here.

True But Rush comes up with new stuff. this doosh breath rants the same day in an day out.