PDA

View Full Version : a worthwhile read to help those who think ISIS is Islam..

IGotNoTiming
9/26/2014, 04:45 PM
http://guardianlv.com/2014/09/islamic-scholars-dismantle-isis-ideology-in-open-letter-to-leader-fighters/#qYxsDDYR0fXHyExe.16

Turd_Ferguson
9/26/2014, 04:54 PM
Wow, I just read that. I still believe, ISIS is Islam.

olevetonahill
9/26/2014, 05:00 PM
Wow, I just read that. I still believe, ISIS is Islam.

Yup.
I have never said they are the Sum total of IsLamb Just a Branch like any other religeous fanatic bunch.
But regardless of what this bunch says. they quote the Koran to say that all "Infidels" but die. All Non believers must convert or die.

Ask any of em to swear on a Koran that they dont believe that.
Then I MIGHT cut em some slack.

Turd_Ferguson
9/26/2014, 05:45 PM
Here comes Yermom with some Old Testament boogie man ****...

olevetonahill
9/26/2014, 05:56 PM
Here comes Yermom with some Old Testament boogie man ****...

The Old testament has NOTHING to do with Christian beliefs . It shows the Prophecy's Of The coming Messiah and the teaches the Old Mosaic law. which jesus came to fulfil so that all would be free from that Law.
Compare the Old testament to the Koran and you will see they are very similar.

yermom
9/26/2014, 06:00 PM
so you are willing to accept that Westboro represents Christianity?

olevetonahill
9/26/2014, 06:10 PM
so you are willing to accept that Westboro represents Christianity?

Im willing to say THEY think they do.
Personally I DGAS.
Comparing WBC to the Muslim Fanatics is Kinda like trying to compare a small whirlpool bath to a Hurricane tho.
Westboro aint cut off anyone's heads Nor have they slaughtered women and children, to my knowledge.

there are what 40 followers of the WBC , 150,000,000 Fanaticical Mooslums !

yermom
9/26/2014, 06:38 PM
150,000,000? really?

SoonerorLater
9/26/2014, 06:44 PM
150,000,000? really?

Yeah. Probably more than that.

http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/pages/opinion-polls.htm

8timechamps
9/26/2014, 06:48 PM
Yup.
I have never said they are the Sum total of IsLamb Just a Branch like any other religeous fanatic bunch.
But regardless of what this bunch says. they quote the Koran to say that all "Infidels" but die. All Non believers must convert or die.

Ask any of em to swear on a Koran that they dont believe that.
Then I MIGHT cut em some slack.

That is exactly what ISIS is, and it's pretty clear to anyone paying attention.

They believe their's is the only true form of Islam. Rational people can differentiate between fanatics and 'the rest', but there's no mistaking what they think they are and what drives their actions.

FaninAma
9/26/2014, 07:51 PM
Olvet is right. They are a sect of Islam albeit a very violent sect of Islam.

Drawing a comparison of Westoboro's relationship with Christianity to the Wahhabi 's relationship to Islam makes you look silly yermom.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wahhabi

IGotNoTiming
9/26/2014, 08:02 PM
Okay then.... But when we have peaceful Muslim scholars saying that by every definition, what ISIS is doing is in fact not Muslim or remotely sanctioned whatsoever under the beliefs of Islam, my money is one them knowing more about it than anyone else.

olevetonahill
9/26/2014, 08:05 PM
Okay then.... But when we have peaceful Muslim scholars saying that by every definition, what ISIS is doing is in fact not Muslim or remotely sanctioned whatsoever under the beliefs of Islam, my money is one them knowing more about it than anyone else.

Well you know how them Mooslum's Lie.

Turd_Ferguson
9/26/2014, 08:25 PM

Taqiyya and Kitman

TheHumanAlphabet
9/27/2014, 07:29 PM
Your tilting at windmills NoTiming, they are Islam, and pray to Allah. Good try though. Now where is the indignation and the outright verbal assault on ISIS or ISIL from Islamic states and Islamic leaders in the U.S. Chirp, chirp... Yeah, someone will say, but we got the coalition. Yeah, those families are trying to save their *** from being over run, I don't hear the Saudi family saying they are an abomination to Islam, ect.

and WTF is the OKC beheading being called "workplace violence" this is terrorism through and through. But we can't have a terrorism attack on The Leftist's watch...

rock on sooner
9/27/2014, 08:48 PM
Who is calling it "workplace violence"? All I've seen/heard is that the
guy was trying to convert people to Islam and it looks like what it is...
terrorism...............

TheHumanAlphabet
9/27/2014, 10:14 PM
Rock, read the papers...Moore police has described or listed it as workplace violence.

yermom
9/27/2014, 10:20 PM
things are only labeled as terrorism when it is convenient, ie Nidal Hasan, etc...

olevetonahill
9/28/2014, 05:05 AM
things are only labeled as terrorism when it is convenient, ie Nidal Hasan, etc...

The Administration labled it "Work place Violence" or so Ive heard..

rock on sooner
9/28/2014, 09:15 AM
Rock, read the papers...Moore police has described or listed it as workplace violence.

Sorry, I don't get the Okie papers here in Iowa...

olevetonahill
9/28/2014, 09:59 AM
Sorry, I don't get the Okie papers here in Iowa...

Ya ever hear of "On Line"? :highly_amused:

http://newsok.com/

jkjsooner
9/28/2014, 04:23 PM
Your tilting at windmills NoTiming, they are Islam, and pray to Allah. Good try though. Now where is the indignation and the outright verbal assault on ISIS or ISIL from Islamic states and Islamic leaders in the U.S. Chirp, chirp... Yeah, someone will say, but we got the coalition. Yeah, those families are trying to save their *** from being over run, I don't hear the Saudi family saying they are an abomination to Islam, ect.

and WTF is the OKC beheading being called "workplace violence" this is terrorism through and through. But we can't have a terrorism attack on The Leftist's watch...

I think they tend to not use the term terrorism unless there's some form of conspiracy involved. It's not a definition I agree with but it has been common going back at least to the time immediately following 9/11.

I don't know the legal definition in the US is but the common definition requires that the perpetrator actions are to achieve political means. I'm not sure if you can say that here.

Whether or not this is terrorism is a different issue than whether it is religiously motivated. I don't think anyone denies that this attack is at least partially motivated by religious ideology.

jkjsooner
9/28/2014, 04:43 PM
To add to the previous post, I just looked up the legal definition on FBI.gov. It does not require any form of conspiracy but for whatever reason they're hesitant to label actions by individuals as terrorism.

SoonerorLater
9/28/2014, 05:06 PM
I don't know or even care what the official definition of terrorism is, but absent a state of war by a sovereign nation, I would consider any act that seeks to harm people or property for the sole purpose of furthering a social, political, religious etc. agenda as terrorism.

yermom
9/28/2014, 05:14 PM
how about oil or economic reasons?

Skysooner
9/28/2014, 05:32 PM
The Old testament has NOTHING to do with Christian beliefs . It shows the Prophecy's Of The coming Messiah and the teaches the Old Mosaic law. which jesus came to fulfil so that all would be free from that Law.
Compare the Old testament to the Koran and you will see they are very similar.

My main problem with some religious people is that they don't think this way. OT is used when it is convenient for them. The Ten Commandments are OT, and some politicians want to use that.

SoonerorLater
9/28/2014, 05:38 PM
how about oil or economic reasons?

Sure, if innocent people are targeted for economic reasons.

rock on sooner
9/28/2014, 06:22 PM
[QUOTE=olevetonahill;4855645]Ya ever hear of "On Line"? :highly_amused:

http://newsok.com/[/QUOTE)

Rilly? Aw, why would I do that when I can wait and see who will tell me what
I need to know....:surprise:

olevetonahill
9/28/2014, 06:49 PM
[QUOTE=olevetonahill;4855645]Ya ever hear of "On Line"? :highly_amused:

http://newsok.com/[/QUOTE)

Rilly? Aw, why would I do that when I can wait and see who will tell me what
I need to know....:surprise:

Heh
Yea I figure KC be along and straighten us all out again LOL

dwarthog
9/29/2014, 07:34 AM
Awww, we went and wrote a nice letter to those mean old terrorists, complete with "academic language", (big words), and an "Executive Summary", (2 or 3 item bulleted list with LARGE FONT) to show them how confused they are.

Did we sign it XXXOOOXXX???