PDA

View Full Version : soonersports.tv

SoonerMarkVA
9/24/2014, 12:03 PM
Does anyone know if there is rhyme or reason as to how/when they post videos? It's Wed, and they still don't have the replay of WV up.

Also, was there no Bob Stoops show Sunday? I can't remember if they take bye-weeks off, but if not that's also not been posted.

cherokeebrewer
9/24/2014, 12:12 PM
The replay show was at 7:00 pm Sunday on FSSW. The entire replay should be on later this week on one of the Fox channels if you have DirectTV...

SoonerMarkVA
9/24/2014, 12:29 PM
No TV. That's why I have a subscription to soonersports.tv. But they have been really disappointing this year, with inability to handle traffic to this weird failure to post content with no indication of when it will be posted. Seriously considering not renewing my subscription.

yermom
9/24/2014, 01:21 PM
is the game not on youtube already?

SoonerMarkVA
9/24/2014, 01:24 PM
is the game not on youtube already?

Well, lol - I guess it is. Thanks!

yermom
9/24/2014, 01:25 PM
i haven't found a good source for the recap show though. one nice thing about having cable again

KantoSooner
9/24/2014, 02:22 PM
when does the recap show air? I always seem to be either hours early or late...and dammit, I like the recap show.

BermudaSooner
9/24/2014, 02:50 PM
No TV. That's why I have a subscription to soonersports.tv. But they have been really disappointing this year, with inability to handle traffic to this weird failure to post content with no indication of when it will be posted. Seriously considering not renewing my subscription.

Hold on...let's explore this no TV thing. What?

8timechamps
9/24/2014, 03:10 PM
Mark, I'm in the same boat being out of state, and sadly the answer is "no", there doesn't seem to be much consistency in the way they post videos. However, they had done a good job of posting the game replay within 24 hours of the game...until this week. I think I know what happened though; this week they premiered the "split screen" broadcast during the game (I think it's something they'll only use with Fox). I noticed that the split screen broadcast was up almost immediately after the game, and it appears to be the only replay available right now. I like the idea of the split screen broadcast, but it lagged behind the actual TV broadcast, so it wasn't as great as I was hoping. Still, I kept it on during the game for the various camera angles (and the radio play-by-play).

SoonerSports had made a lot of changes as a whole in the past year, but there has been a lot of inconsistency too. Last year, I downloaded the "Gameday" app on my phone, which was pretty cool. It made looking up the roster easy and had some cool little features. This year, they've revamped the mobile app (I think it's SooonerSports2go), and it's fine, but they just kinda left the old Gameday app flapping in the wind.

I also like to check out the "Game Center" during the week (sometimes they post videos that don't show up on the SoonerSportsTV main page). It's just kinda hit or miss as to what you may find on any given day. Someone needs to organize the entire site to flow better.

Hope that helps.

SoonerMarkVA
9/24/2014, 06:27 PM
Hold on...let's explore this no TV thing. What?

No TV. Only reason I had TV was to watch OU football and basketball with DirecTV, and now I can do that all on the Internet. In reality, other than live newscasts, I can also watch anything else on the Internet that I would watch on TV: any series, any movie.