9/22/2014, 03:58 PM
So says News9.

http://www.news9.com/story/26596859/breaking-mayfield-request-granted-by-ncaa

SoonerPride
9/22/2014, 03:58 PM
EXCELLENT!!!!

badger
9/22/2014, 04:06 PM
Yeah... I think OU might be waiting for the perfect moment to make it official... so try not to steal too much of Baker's thunder quite yet :)

SoonerMarkVA
9/22/2014, 04:14 PM
That is OUTSTANDING!

SUCK IT, Tech!

KantoSooner
9/22/2014, 04:29 PM
I"ve been looking for confirmation for an hour and all I see is Blevin's announcement on 9. I don't doubt it. I want it to be true, but Deanie has at best a nodding relationship with objective reality.

flysooner9
9/22/2014, 04:34 PM
Maybe well start running TK now on the read option. Good luck to defenses trying to handle Perine and contain TK at the same time.

cherokeebrewer
9/22/2014, 04:37 PM
This is really good news for Baker Mayfield and our Sooners...Woot Woot

KantoSooner
9/22/2014, 04:38 PM
That would be the thought.

olevetonahill
9/22/2014, 04:45 PM
I"ve been looking for confirmation for an hour and all I see is Blevin's announcement on 9. I don't doubt it. I want it to be true, but Deanie has at best a nodding relationship with objective reality.

http://newsok.com/report-baker-mayfield-to-receive-third-year-of-eligibility/article/5344541

KantoSooner
9/22/2014, 04:53 PM
Everybody's real careful, though, to give Deanie as the sole source.

BoulderSooner79
9/22/2014, 04:56 PM
http://newsok.com/report-baker-mayfield-to-receive-third-year-of-eligibility/article/5344541

So, just step one and now it goes to the big12, right?

KantoSooner
9/22/2014, 04:58 PM
Not sure. That was what I understood Sittler to say, but other's are talking as though whatever this decision is/was has superceded that. I truly don't know at this stage and I don't see anyone out there who's settling things.

EatLeadCommie
9/22/2014, 05:07 PM
Thanks, NCAA, for wasting a third of the season waiting to make a no-brainer decision.

cherokeebrewer
9/22/2014, 05:14 PM
I'm not a downer at all, but it seems like the final decision may still up to Texas Tech for approval...

Rule 6.3 (starts on page 27 of the Big 12 manual regards intraconference transfers. http://t.co/BVDsrae339

— John Shinn (@john_shinn) September 22, 2014

Bottom line: If Texas Tech doesn't want Baker Mayfield to play this season, NCAA ruling cannot change it.

— John Shinn (@john_shinn) September 22, 2014

BoulderSooner79
9/22/2014, 05:19 PM
TTech has made it very clear they are not budging. Maybe the NCAA ruling will mean he at least retains 3 years eligibility at OU.

SoonerorLater
9/22/2014, 05:32 PM
That's the way it seems. More like he will be able to use a redshirt this year and retain three years of eligibility.

Eielson
9/22/2014, 05:33 PM
Why should I care what John Shinn has to say on twitter?

70sooner
9/22/2014, 05:48 PM
dunno, but Trammel, et al were discussing this on the Animal and their thought was that he would be eligible this year.

guess we'll see. sure would be nice, though....

cherokeebrewer
9/22/2014, 06:00 PM

Rule 6.3 (starts on page 27 of the Big 12 manual regards intraconference transfers

BoulderSooner79
9/22/2014, 06:05 PM

You must find your reasons from within, grasshopper.

rock on sooner
9/22/2014, 06:46 PM
You must find your reasons from within, grasshopper.

Jus askin...does that mean that Cody sits? Or what? This ol man is
confused...

BoulderSooner79
9/22/2014, 06:55 PM
Jus askin...does that mean that Cody sits? Or what? This ol man is
confused...

Never assume that because a man has no eyes, he cannot see.

rock on sooner
9/22/2014, 07:06 PM

Oh, but he can feel, all the bad vibes, and swat them away...:joyous:

SoonerorLater
9/22/2014, 07:10 PM

Wow man, that's heavy.

Eielson
9/22/2014, 07:10 PM
Rule 6.3 (starts on page 27 of the Big 12 manual regards intraconference transfers

Ahhhh, he's a rulebook!

Eielson
9/22/2014, 07:17 PM

If one's words are no better than silence, one should keep silent.

olevetonahill
9/22/2014, 07:18 PM
Wow man, that's heavy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Si7gu9yGz64

freshchris05
9/22/2014, 08:12 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mW6G3nh5S3I

freshchris05
9/22/2014, 08:13 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NNEgUPKxk7A

8timechamps
9/22/2014, 08:19 PM
This isn't a done deal yet. I think Stoops/OU had this news on Friday, but there's something holding up the final approval. The last I heard was that Tech had withdrawn their denial, so that would put this in the hands of the Big XII.

There's a reason Stoops wouldn't discuss this at his press conference.

olevetonahill
9/22/2014, 08:29 PM
More. Doubt he will play this season

http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/09/22/despite-report-of-immediate-eligibility-ou-qb-mayfield-remains-in-college-football-purgatory/?ocid=Yahoo&partner=ya5nbcs

Wishboned
9/22/2014, 08:35 PM
But Dean Blevins is never wrong!

oupride
9/22/2014, 08:54 PM
Thanks for the post!

dennis580
9/22/2014, 09:01 PM
The big thing is now Knight will be freed to run more. We are not winning a championship without Knight's legs.

Eielson
9/22/2014, 09:14 PM
The big thing is now Knight will be freed to run more. We are not winning a championship without Knight's legs.

We did beat Alabama without them.

blacktop
9/22/2014, 10:03 PM
The big thing is now Knight will be freed to run more. We are not winning a championship without Knight's legs. Would this not also ensure we don't use/waste a scholarship on a QB this year?

stoopified
9/22/2014, 10:16 PM
But Dean Blevins is never wrong until he opens his mouth. FIFY

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
9/23/2014, 12:49 AM
dunno, but Trammel, et al were discussing this on the Animal and their thought was that he would be eligible this year.

guess we'll see. sure would be nice, though....So, is Cody Thomas inept, or what?

BoulderSooner79
9/23/2014, 01:09 AM
So, is Cody Thomas inept, or what?

I have the same question. It seems the QB that is not available is automatically better than the one that is. Mayfield has game experience, but he was beat out for the job and it was in a different system with a different coach. Thomas is in his 2nd year in our program but everyone is discounting him.

9/23/2014, 01:35 AM
I have the same question. It seems the QB that is not available is automatically better than the one that is. Mayfield has game experience, but he was beat out for the job and it was in a different system with a different coach. Thomas is in his 2nd year in our program but everyone is discounting him.I read a post from someone recently that said Thomas hasn't performed well in practice, and of course he was fairly recently supposed to have an issue or issues, physical we guessed, although never discussed, at least that I read or heard anywhere...

SoonerorLater
9/23/2014, 07:30 AM
I read a post from someone recently that said Thomas hasn't performed well in practice, and of course he was fairly recently supposed to have an issue or issues, physical we guessed, although never discussed, at least that I read or heard anywhere...

Probably the reason for Knight's conversion process into Nate Hybel.

MichiganSooner
9/23/2014, 09:11 AM
Tulsa World is not confirming that Mayfield has been cleared to play.

Eielson
9/23/2014, 10:39 AM
Sources tell me Baker Mayfield will not play with OU this year. They also tell me that he will never play at OU. Those sources, of course, are my eyes and brain which both decided last year that he wasn't good enough to play for us.

Eielson
9/23/2014, 10:43 AM
I have the same question. It seems the QB that is not available is automatically better than the one that is. Mayfield has game experience, but he was beat out for the job and it was in a different system with a different coach. Thomas is in his 2nd year in our program but everyone is discounting him.

Agreed. If we're not comfortable with Knight running the ball despite having Bell, Thomas, and Hansen...WTH would having Mayfield change anything?

KantoSooner
9/23/2014, 11:06 AM
I think the reasoning would be that Mayfield is also a 'dual threat' QB and neither Bell nor Thomas are (and the coaches absolutely do not want Hansen's shirt to be burned).
Mayfield looked pretty good in the spring game, for whatever worth that is; and he has actually started, played and won games in our conference. And done so with a team that did not and does not have the caliber of athletes OU has. So, obviously he can play at this level.
Right now, we are not running a zone read offense because it's apparent that Knight is not being allowed to actually 'read' anything. Mayfield would provide another dual threat QB behind Knight rather than OU face the necessity of changing the offense entirely in the event Knight got injured.

Or so I imagine the argument to go. Why so negative on Mayfield?

BoulderSooner79
9/23/2014, 11:22 AM
I'm not negative on Mayfield at all - just wondering why everyone is so negative on Thomas. I also don't see Mayfield coming in and changing the decision to not run TK. We're not going to win the big12 and go to the playoffs with a backup QB, so TK running will be used to break the glass in case of emergency. I see Mayfield as needed depth that could help keep Hansen's redshirt, but 1/3 of the season is gone and no Mayfield yet anyway.

cherokeebrewer
9/23/2014, 12:23 PM
Cody Thomas can run pretty good and I don't really see everyone being negative toward him. He just hasn't been under the gun and performed in a real game the way Baker Mayfield has. It's actually good we have them both.

Sooner91ATL
9/23/2014, 12:35 PM
Mayfield has started one less football game at a B12 school than Knight has. I think it is clear Knight is a work in progress with lots of development left to do, and that coaches are playing to keep him from getting injured. Wouldn't hurt to have a player like Mayfield as the backup QB, pushing Knight. Mayfield outperformed Knight in the spring game. Knight is still throwing the same kind of ball he was throwing in the spring and he runs very streaky during games with his passing accuracy. Mayfield being ready to go sure wouldn't hurt our chances any, and may send Knight into an extra gear that would improve his game. Who knows. Can't hurt. I suspect the two are basically interchangeable in this offense. Not saying Mayfield could do better, but maybe at least as good as Knight at this time.

Eielson
9/23/2014, 12:47 PM
I'd put money on Bell playing QB before Mayfield this season even if both were eligible. If you think Mayfield was successful against the Big XII last year, you only watched the Baylor game.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/player/gamelog/_/id/550373/baker-mayfield

Ton Loc
9/23/2014, 01:10 PM
If he does become eligible...Can we list him as the starter against Tech? Just for fun.

8timechamps
9/23/2014, 02:29 PM
So, Dean Blevins prematurely ejaculated...again.

For those interested, Cody Thomas suffered a minor injury in fall camp, and that kept him out of the La Tech game (late). He's still dealing with some residual issues, but they aren't enough to prevent him from practicing. Also, Thomas IS a dual threat QB, but not quite the runner Knight is, so if he were called on to play, he could execute the same playbook.

I think the interest (by the coaches) in having Mayfield available is because of his experience against Big XII defenses. As the season moves along, I think his advantage over Thomas will get thinner. Mayfield played well at times last season, but he also looked horrible at times. There is a reason he wasn't recruited by any of the big programs...so, let's not get ahead of ourselves.

Also, if anyone is interested, there's a chance we will not take a QB in this year's class. We're pretty full at the position, and unless we can get a high profile kid (like Torrance Marshall), there's a chance we pass on the position altogether. Hansen is all but red-shirted going forward.

cherokeebrewer
9/23/2014, 03:19 PM
So, Dean Blevins prematurely ejaculated...again.

We're pretty full at the position, and unless we can get a high profile kid (like Torrance Marshall), there's a chance we pass on the position altogether.

Understandable mistake, I'm sure you meant Gibson, but we could sure use another Torrance Marshall.

Temujin
9/23/2014, 03:23 PM
I'd put money on Bell playing QB before Mayfield this season even if both were eligible. If you think Mayfield was successful against the Big XII last year, you only watched the Baylor game.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/player/gamelog/_/id/550373/baker-mayfield

His numbers overall look awfully similar to Knight's to be honest. Even his physical attributes are very similar. I'm not saying he's a world-beater, or better than Thomas/Hansen, but he's experienced. He's got at least as many weapons here as at Tech, with likely a better run game and most certainly a better defense.

I'm not pretending to know much about him, just guessing. If I were to classify him by what little I've seen, I'd say that he appears to be a more consistent passer than Knight, and almost as good of a runner. He was a walk-on for a reason, so Knight probably has a higher-ceiling...but we're not looking for a starter, just a backup that can fill in if Knight gets injured. Given that we don't know much about Thomas at all, and in a season where we're chasing a playoff spot...if Knight gets injured and Mayfield is available, I can't see anyone else starting. And I'd definitely rather see Mayfield in the game than Bell.

KantoSooner
9/23/2014, 03:54 PM
I can see the arguments against exuberance. But, when I was forced to think about it for more than a minute, what Mayfield really has that recommends him is that he's a 'gamer'. The guy got shafted at Tech and, especially in light of what I'm about to say, probably didn't get on too well with Kliffy. Because Mayfield's cocky. Not Johnny Effing cocky, but he does not lack in self confidence. He walks on. At TWO Div 1 schools. Ends up starting for a time at one and would have already seen the field at the other if not for transfer rules. And his team mates seem to love him and are willing to add to their already busy workout schedules to go work extra with him. He's a leader, as we heard, repeatedly, over the spring and summer.
The will and charisma set him apart, and he seems to have them focused in a positive direction instead of being an ego-maniac.
He's not perfect sized, but isn't small (6'2", 220 ish). He isn't the fastest man on the field but is a bit elusive. He throws a nice ball but is not a Sam Bradford. But he has some 'wanna' to him, for example, that was utterly lacking in some other QB's we've watched in recent years.

This guy's got a little something and I'm glad he wanted to bring it to Norman.

8timechamps
9/23/2014, 04:47 PM
Understandable mistake, I'm sure you meant Gibson, but we could sure use another Torrance Marshall.

Hahaha...I was just watching a clip of the 2000 A&M game, so I had Marshall on the brain. Yes, I meant Gibson.

8timechamps
9/23/2014, 04:50 PM
I can see the arguments against exuberance. But, when I was forced to think about it for more than a minute, what Mayfield really has that recommends him is that he's a 'gamer'. The guy got shafted at Tech and, especially in light of what I'm about to say, probably didn't get on too well with Kliffy. Because Mayfield's cocky. Not Johnny Effing cocky, but he does not lack in self confidence. He walks on. At TWO Div 1 schools. Ends up starting for a time at one and would have already seen the field at the other if not for transfer rules. And his team mates seem to love him and are willing to add to their already busy workout schedules to go work extra with him. He's a leader, as we heard, repeatedly, over the spring and summer.
The will and charisma set him apart, and he seems to have them focused in a positive direction instead of being an ego-maniac.
He's not perfect sized, but isn't small (6'2", 220 ish). He isn't the fastest man on the field but is a bit elusive. He throws a nice ball but is not a Sam Bradford. But he has some 'wanna' to him, for example, that was utterly lacking in some other QB's we've watched in recent years.

This guy's got a little something and I'm glad he wanted to bring it to Norman.

I agree, all things being equal, Mayfield has the advantage in the intangibles. He's definitely got the attention of his team mates, and that can carry a lot of weight.

BoulderSooner79
9/23/2014, 04:56 PM
I agree, all things being equal, Mayfield has the advantage in the intangibles. He's definitely got the attention of his team mates, and that can carry a lot of weight.

Too bad it doesn't carry weight with the NCAA or big12 :(

KantoSooner
9/23/2014, 05:01 PM
Dunno. His lawyer seemed to know what to say to the NCAA (donkey photos from Tijuana circa 1985? Who knows?)
Now selfsame lawyer just needs to crack that drum of whoopazz open on the Big12 office.

Eielson
9/23/2014, 05:51 PM
His numbers overall look awfully similar to Knight's to be honest.

Yes, and Knight got benched for putting up those statistics last year.

I'm not saying he's a world-beater, or better than Thomas/Hansen, but he's experienced. He's got at least as many weapons here as at Tech, with likely a better run game and most certainly a better defense.

"I'd rather have a lot of talent and a little experience than a lot of experience and a little talent."

He has experience, but it was mostly negative. I'm also confused...are you inferring that he would put up BETTER numbers at OU than at Tech? Tech QB's are usually less talented than what we have here, yet put up video game numbers with regularity.

Eielson
9/23/2014, 05:56 PM
Did anybody look at Baker's game log? He had a good game against Baylor, but beyond that:

1 TD...7 INTs. That's what he did in 5 Big XII games. At Texas Tech of all places. Stop calling him a "gamer."

Temujin
9/23/2014, 10:51 PM
Yes, and Knight got benched for putting up those statistics last year.

Funny. The story most of us heard is that he was benched because he was injured. And you might want to rethink that statement, given that Knight put up those numbers for the entire season...yet he remained the unquestioned starter into the Alabama game and was the clear starter going into this season. Try not to confuse the facts while justifying your position.

"I'd rather have a lot of talent and a little experience than a lot of experience and a little talent."

He has experience, but it was mostly negative. I'm also confused...are you inferring that he would put up BETTER numbers at OU than at Tech? Tech QB's are usually less talented than what we have here, yet put up video game numbers with regularity.

Um. No. I only said that he would likely start over Thomas and Bell because of his experience. As for comparing his numbers at Tech with what he'd do at OU, you're looking at 2 completely different teams and systems, so you're focusing too hard on the numbers. All I'm saying is that he has the potential to be as good as Knight is right now, given the upgrades in running game and defense. At Tech he HAS to put up good numbers. At OU he just has to make plays.

I look at it this way - it's not like we offered him a scholarship, are fighting with the NCAA to get him eligible, and are planning to make him the #2 because he sucks.

And I'm not saying you're completely wrong. He very well could end up being a complete bust. But, given the surrounding circumstances, I highly doubt it.

Eielson
9/23/2014, 11:19 PM
Funny. The story most of us heard is that he was benched because he was injured.

You're conveniently forgetting that he continued to ride the bench even after he healed from his injury.

And you might want to rethink that statement, given that Knight put up those numbers for the entire season...yet he remained the unquestioned starter into the Alabama game and was the clear starter going into this season. Try not to confuse the facts while justifying your position.

Huh? If I'm not mistaken, Bell saved the day at OSU, and we didn't know who the starter was going to be until gameday. You don't remember people making excuses for Alabama having to gameplan for 2 QBs? Thanks for giving me a chuckle about confusing facts, though.

I look at it this way - it's not like we offered him a scholarship, are fighting with the NCAA to get him eligible, and are planning to make him the #2 because he sucks.

We offered him a scholarship? Honest question. I've not heard about that, but it may be true.

I'm not saying he'll never be anything. I'm just saying that he was garbage last year, and I doubt he's improved enough this year to warrant any playing time (which doesn't even appear to be possible anyway). Admittedly, he was a true freshman, so maybe something will come of him, but I'm not going to hold my breath. I think we have better guys.

Temujin
9/24/2014, 12:05 AM
You're conveniently forgetting that he continued to ride the bench even after he healed from his injury.

Huh? If I'm not mistaken, Bell saved the day at OSU, and we didn't know who the starter was going to be until gameday. You don't remember people making excuses for Alabama having to gameplan for 2 QBs? Thanks for giving me a chuckle about confusing facts, though.

Well, you can chuckle all you want, it doesn't change the fact that you're wrong. Knight was benched in the OSU game...why was that again? Knight had been successfully running the team since the Iowa State game. It doesn't matter that Bell saved the OSU game. He didn't EARN the job back because Knight's poor play. He got it because Knight was injured and Kendall Thompson was terrible. And what was the question regarding Knight's status prior to the Alabama game? Um, it had nothing to do with his productivity, the coaches were sticking with him if he was healthy; the question was whether his injured thumb would be a restriction or not. That's what the coaches were withholding...not whether Knight was worthy of the starting job based on his "numbers". Regardless, when Knight re-won the starting job, he did it with numbers that largely sucked - which coincidentally are comparable numbers to what Mayfield put up at Tech. Your overall assumption that Knight's numbers got him benched is completely incorrect, because each time he was benched it was due to injury. You're right, he didn't get the starting job back right away. But when it came down to who the coaches always favored, it was clearly Knight that the coaches wanted, every single time...and that was DESPITE his numbers. I see Mayfield in much the same light. Numbers weren't great, but he's got a very similar overall game to what you see with Knight...and either way he's a better pass/run option than Bell was simply because of his quickness. (And I'm a fan of Bell)

We offered him a scholarship? Honest question. I've not heard about that, but it may be true.

I believe I had read that after Tech lifted the scholarship ban on him that we gave him a scholly. I could be wrong on that, but I'm too lazy to research this late.

I'm not saying he'll never be anything. I'm just saying that he was garbage last year, and I doubt he's improved enough this year to warrant any playing time (which doesn't even appear to be possible anyway). Admittedly, he was a true freshman, so maybe something will come of him, but I'm not going to hold my breath. I think we have better guys.

This is the part I can agree with. I'll say with complete honesty that I have no idea how good/bad he'll be. All I'll say, and what I've been saying all along, is that when I look at the stance the coaches appear to be taking on Mayfield, the little bit of game film that I've seen of him, and what little I've seen of Thomas - I don't see any reason why Mayfield would NOT be the #2 at this point in the game. And with that said, I'd much rather have an experienced backup with the option of going to Thomas if Mayfield fails, than not having Mayfield at all, and blindly hoping that Thomas can step up.

I get that he sucked at Tech last year. But Tech itself sucked last year. That's like saying that KU RB sucks because of his numbers. Well yeah...because he's at KU. If I were to go by anything, I'd probably go by Mayfield's numbers in the Spring game, because at least he's working THIS offense at that point. And he didn't do too poorly. Again, we don't have enough data to know for sure, but with everything the coaches are throwing at trying to get him eligible, the likelihood that he'll be a repeat of what he was at Tech is minimal, IMO.

Eielson
9/24/2014, 12:21 AM
Well, you can chuckle all you want, it doesn't change the fact that you're wrong. Knight was benched in the OSU game...why was that again?

Because he was hurt.

But that's not what I was talking about. I'm talking about when he got hurt against WVU.

9/24/2014, 01:01 AM
If he does become eligible...Can we list him as the starter against Tech? Just for fun.good one!

KantoSooner
9/24/2014, 08:21 AM
We're 4-0 with all roster QB's healthy and might be getting the services of a guy who won some games last year at this level, in fact in this conference.

How on earth can anyone be so crabbed in their perspective as to make of that a negative thing?

Temujin
9/24/2014, 08:27 AM

Found this article this morning - Eligibility (http://newsok.com/oklahoma-football-baker-mayfields-fight-for-eligibility-continues/article/5344600)

Looks like they were unable to give one due to the timing, but sounds like the intent is there.

cherokeebrewer
9/24/2014, 08:38 AM
We're 4-0 with all roster QB's healthy and might be getting the services of a guy who won some games last year at this level, in fact in this conference.

How on earth can anyone be so crabbed in their perspective as to make of that a negative thing?

Good question

SoonerMarkVA
9/24/2014, 09:02 AM
Found this article this morning - Eligibility (http://newsok.com/oklahoma-football-baker-mayfields-fight-for-eligibility-continues/article/5344600)

Looks like they were unable to give one due to the timing, but sounds like the intent is there.

My understanding is, the search for a '15 QB is off (short of getting someone so top-flight that anyone would take him) and that Mayfield is going to get that scholly, if not one sooner. They've moved on to start looking for the '16 QB.

Don't take that to the bank, because I don't even remember where I read it. But that's what I understand to be going on.

Temujin
9/24/2014, 09:13 AM
My understanding is, the search for a '15 QB is off (short of getting someone so top-flight that anyone would take him) and that Mayfield is going to get that scholly, if not one sooner. They've moved on to start looking for the '16 QB.

Don't take that to the bank, because I don't even remember where I read it. But that's what I understand to be going on.

I didn't read that, but it makes sense given the lack of QB recruiting targets. Either way, the clear vibe here is that the coaches like what they see enough to put him at #2 right away. I get what Eielson is saying - let's temper our expectations - but I have a hard time believing that the guy plain sucks. He was a walk-on, so he was overlooked for some reason, possibly legitimately. So it's reasonable to withhold judgment. But from what I've seen, and considering all the other circumstances, he's clearly got promise. Especially since we're talking about a backup, not a starter. If, God forbid, we need him, he'd only have to manage an offense and make a few plays. That's not much different than what we ask Knight, to be honest. I think Knight and Thomas have a much higher ceiling. But when you account for the stakes this year - potential playoff/NC - having a capable experienced backup is probably more important than sheer talent.

Now next year, or the year after? Completely different story.

8timechamps
9/24/2014, 03:19 PM

It's not a negative.

What does drive me a little crazy is when I hear people talk about Mayfield as the second coming of Bradford, or that he should be playing in front of Knight. I haven't seen that on this board, but I have heard/read it elsewhere.

KantoSooner
9/24/2014, 04:15 PM
Meh, shake your head and enjoy their enthusiasm. It's not like Bob's going to listen to them.

SoonerorLater
9/24/2014, 05:00 PM
I was driving back listening to the Sports Urinal who had Jake Trotter on. Trotter said in no uncertain terms that Baker Mayfield has NOT been cleared by the NCAA. He also said that if he were to be cleared by the NCAA it wouldn't make any difference what TT does, he would be eligible to play.