PDA

View Full Version : Kansas State vs Auburn

SoonerForLife92
9/18/2014, 07:00 PM
Anyone else watching? Kansas State drove down the field on their 2nd drive... Then Lockett proceeds to mess up a catch in the endzone for an Auburn pick....

swardboy
9/18/2014, 07:10 PM
The fightin' Snyders better get the ball in the endzone. They're blowin' their chances. 3-0 Auburn at the end of the first quarter.

8timechamps
9/18/2014, 07:11 PM
KSU should be up 10-0. Not very Snyder-like so far.

I'm afraid Auburn's offense is just getting warmed up, and KSU really needed those points.

swardboy
9/18/2014, 07:22 PM
KSU d comes up big with the interception.

swardboy
9/18/2014, 07:25 PM
To no avail....3 and out.

swardboy
9/18/2014, 07:26 PM
Oooo....punt downed at one yard line. Safety coming up?

aurorasooner
9/18/2014, 07:31 PM
Puddys DL is well coached when they can't get to the QB to get their hands up. KjSU offense hasn't done squat though. The Barner D is locking down Lockett and then taking Waters out of the game. It doesn't look like the purple pussies have any other play makers, but as long as their D keeps it close. Need a stop or a TO here.
The Auburn wide outs sure are tall and fast and have long arms. Imo, it's just a matter of time before they get into the ez.

SoonerForLife92
9/18/2014, 07:33 PM
WOW lucky drop by Auburn received

swardboy
9/18/2014, 07:40 PM
Nice drive for td KSU. Keep the D strong!

dennis580
9/18/2014, 07:40 PM
Big 12 really, really needs this game.

8timechamps
9/18/2014, 07:45 PM
Auburn is definitely not a top 5 team.

swardboy
9/18/2014, 07:55 PM
Stop with the runs

David Earl
9/18/2014, 08:01 PM
Auburn is definitely not a top 5 team.

False: Every SEC team is a top five team. It's just that some of them are more top five than others.

8timechamps
9/18/2014, 08:07 PM
False: Every SEC team is a top five team. It's just that some of them are more top five than others.

Excellent point.

swardboy
9/18/2014, 08:45 PM
Time to hang the kicker.

WA. Sooner
9/18/2014, 08:46 PM
fake it next time

flysooner9
9/18/2014, 08:47 PM
Always amazes me how many D1 schools don't have a kicker worth a ****

BlownGP
9/18/2014, 08:54 PM
Man the kittens should be whipping Auburn. Damn kicker needs to go

aurorasooner
9/18/2014, 08:58 PM
I think K-State has the wind in the 4th. Lockett needs to light them up.

The State Farmers need to hire another ad agency. That commercial is lame.

Atlanta is smoking the Bucs 35-0 and it's not even halftime.

8timechamps
9/18/2014, 09:15 PM
KSU has beaten themselves!

You can only expect so much out of that defense, and the offense has done nothing but give the football back to Auburn.

Temujin
9/18/2014, 09:17 PM
Talk about missed chances...

flysooner9
9/18/2014, 09:24 PM
Ksu could have won this. We see again the sec isn't nearly what it's cracked up to be. Two mediocre big 12 teams playing the top of the sec close.

8timechamps
9/18/2014, 09:25 PM
KSU
3 missed FG = 9 points
Int in the endzone = 7 points

Total = 16 points left on the field

In all fairness, Auburn also had a sure TD pass dropped, so the score should be something like KSU 23 Auburn 27. KSU has taken themselves out of this game.

Temujin
9/18/2014, 09:27 PM
Tennessee looked much better than Auburn does, from what I'm seeing so far.

aurorasooner
9/18/2014, 09:30 PM
Heupel (or which coach designs our running plays) is certainly no Malzahn. Auburn's running plays are designed to make the D defense the whole field, and when the lines are evenly matched, they don't just constantly run up the O lineman's back.
K-State had their chances though. With Moneycut, they would at worst be within one score.

Temujin
9/18/2014, 09:30 PM
Is this another SEC crew? I'm seeing a lot of missed holds and PI on both sides.

8timechamps
9/18/2014, 09:33 PM
Tennessee looked much better than Auburn does, from what I'm seeing so far.

Agree 100%. of course with the random way the SEC schedules, they don't play each other this year (or ever as best I can tell). Tennessee is going to cause some problems in the SEC.

So far, I haven't seen an SEC this year that looks head and shoulders above the rest. Nor have I seen one that looks better than OU.

8timechamps
9/18/2014, 09:34 PM
Is this another SEC crew? I'm seeing a lot of missed holds and PI on both sides.

I listened at the start of the game, but they never said where the crew was from...they don't look familiar, so I don't think they are Big XII.

Eielson
9/18/2014, 09:40 PM
20-14! Dominant SEC defense of course.

aurorasooner
9/18/2014, 09:41 PM
I listened at the start of the game, but they never said where the crew was from...they don't look familiar, so I don't think they are Big XII.I don't recognize them either, but this announcing crew earlier said they were Big 12, which is sort of strange since the Big 12 OOC games usually have a visiting crew. These announcers probably weren't sure and just pulling it out their azz, trying to create some controversy.

Mazeppa
9/18/2014, 09:43 PM
ESPN wasted a lot of time and effort putting that green field goal range line on the screen when Kstate had the ball.

Temujin
9/18/2014, 09:46 PM
Agree 100%. of course with the random way the SEC schedules, they don't play each other this year (or ever as best I can tell). Tennessee is going to cause some problems in the SEC.

So far, I haven't seen an SEC this year that looks head and shoulders above the rest. Nor have I seen one that looks better than OU.

Yeah, and if this is the 2nd best team in the SEC...

I will say that I haven't seen a truly impressive team yet in any conference. Oregon maybe, but I haven't seen them play either. A&M didn't look too bad. But nothing I think OU can't handle.

Temujin
9/18/2014, 09:46 PM
ESPN wasted a lot of time and effort putting that green field goal range line on the screen when Kstate had the ball.

:D

Eielson
9/18/2014, 09:47 PM
K-State should have been the SEC team. Then they could have stayed in the 1900's offensively.

WA. Sooner
9/18/2014, 09:48 PM
damnit

Eielson
9/18/2014, 09:49 PM
LOLOL at the Nick Marshall can throw comments. 20 points!!!

Temujin
9/18/2014, 09:50 PM
"Nick Marshall was clutch against...Auburn."

Ok.

Piware
9/18/2014, 09:59 PM
This was almost comical. The Vols would turn this Auburn bunch every which way but loose. The Kitties are in desparate need of some special teams work. Yawner!

EatLeadCommie
9/18/2014, 10:03 PM
Always bet against KSU. They're never ready for prime time, except for one game in 2003.

They should've won though, which surprised me.

If they were an SEC team, they'd move up to 15. Wouldn't be surprised if they drop from the top 25

Pride1Mom
9/19/2014, 10:35 AM
So much for SEC defense. KSU moved right down the field on Auburn several times, but they forgot when you get to the endzone, you are supposed to score. Typical of a mediocre program when a big game comes to town. Reminds me of OSU........

jkjsooner
9/19/2014, 10:51 AM
So much for SEC defense. KSU moved right down the field on Auburn several times, but they forgot when you get to the endzone, you are supposed to score. Typical of a mediocre program when a big game comes to town. Reminds me of OSU........

As Stoops would always say, the goal on defense is to keep your opponent from scoring not to limit their number of yards. Just as many OU teams have done, Auburn toughened up in the redzone. They can't get credit for the missed field goals but they can for keeping KSU out of the endzone.

jkjsooner
9/19/2014, 10:53 AM
By the way, when Auburn was on offense I kept hearing this really odd sound from my TV. It was sort of like the fans making noise to disrupt the offfense (which they were doing) but was not natural sounding. I suspected that the microphones were picking up sound being piped into the speaker system...

badger
9/19/2014, 10:56 AM
As a sidenote, kudos to KSU for really cleaning up their sh!tty splinter butt stadium. It looked really shiny and sharp (and overflowing with spectators for a Thursday night game!) when they played last night.

As for the game, I'd say KSU defense has the potential to give some of us Big 12 "powerhouses" a problem later on. This would be one of those seasons where it would be fun to have North/South divisions so we don't necessarily have to play them.

That poor kicker. I'm sure Bill Snyder said some nice things to him afterward, because he's that type of coach. You know, the type that will take out the opposing team's Heisman quarterback's knees but give him own players extra hugs after rough days :mad:

Soonerjeepman
9/19/2014, 01:13 PM
put this on the meltdown thread...sorry badg...

3 missed FG's = 9 points
1 TD picked off = 7 points
1 fumble led to Auburn FG = -3

SHOULD have been 30/17 but if's and but's are not candy and nuts....not overly impressed by Auburn. Actually more impressed by ksu...but we get them in Norman

* Snyder said 2/3 FG tries were basically the snapper/holder's fault.

Temujin
9/19/2014, 02:45 PM
By the way, when Auburn was on offense I kept hearing this really odd sound from my TV. It was sort of like the fans making noise to disrupt the offfense (which they were doing) but was not natural sounding. I suspected that the microphones were picking up sound being piped into the speaker system...

It's probably a new "tradition" that KSU made up. KSU fans like to invent new "traditions" every year. I think the goal is to try and get one of them to stick on the off chance that it'll end up like the MSU cowbells or something, with the ultimate goal of someday getting a recruit to actually WANT to go there.

Temujin
9/19/2014, 02:49 PM
put this on the meltdown thread...sorry badg...

3 missed FG's = 9 points
1 TD picked off = 7 points
1 fumble led to Auburn FG = -3

SHOULD have been 30/17 but if's and but's are not candy and nuts....not overly impressed by Auburn. Actually more impressed by ksu...but we get them in Norman

* Snyder said 2/3 FG tries were basically the snapper/holder's fault.

I have to say that I wasn't even that impressed with KSU honestly. They looked slow most of the night, IMO, and the defense was out of place a lot in the 2nd half. That could be because they were taking chances, trying to cause a turnover...which they couldn't cash in. But all it really did was give Auburn first downs.

soonergirlNeugene
9/19/2014, 08:55 PM
I have to say that I wasn't even that impressed with KSU honestly. They looked slow most of the night, IMO, and the defense was out of place a lot in the 2nd half. That could be because they were taking chances, trying to cause a turnover...which they couldn't cash in. But all it really did was give Auburn first downs.

According to ESPN, one thing that made them look slow was that Auburn was stealing signals. Doesn't seem like Snyder to go throwing out an accusation like that unless he had proof.

BlownGP
9/19/2014, 11:44 PM
According to ESPN, one thing that made them look slow was that Auburn was stealing signals. Doesn't seem like Snyder to go throwing out an accusation like that unless he had proof.

Supposedly FSU said it last year too after the Championship game.

Man, wouldn't if have been one hell of a year if all the Big 12 teams beat there SEC opponents?

SEC who???????????????? lol

BoulderSooner79
9/20/2014, 12:23 AM

That's what I was thinking, but I don't follow what Snyder does very closely. It was obvious in the BCS title game last year that Auburn was stealing once the info. came out. Auburn had not been very stout on D the entire year, but looked like the '85 Bears in the first half against an offense no one had been able to stop. Fisher said they changed the signs in the second half and suddenly they moved and scored with ease. I would think disguising signs is important in any game, but any coach would be super careful playing Auburn now.