PDA

View Full Version : FSU"s Winston out for the first half

Mazeppa
9/17/2014, 07:21 PM
Being a dumba$$ finally got him in a little trouble.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/florida-state-continues-enabling-of-jameis-winston-with-half-baked-punishment-202450654-ncaaf.html

Mazeppa
9/17/2014, 07:33 PM
Those dang snitches

http://www.foxsports.com/college-football/story/jameis-winston-vulgar-phrase-twitter-reaction-florida-state-seminoles-091714

SoonerForLife92
9/17/2014, 07:57 PM
What exactly did he say that's so ridiculous? All those say, that I saw (kinda skimmed), were obscene sexual language.

EatLeadCommie
9/17/2014, 07:58 PM
Ridiculous. Don't suspend him for stealing crab legs, but suspend him for uttering two profanities that college kids utter about 100 times daily. The football world has lost its collective mind.

At least they suspended him for a halfway decent opponent though.

8timechamps
9/17/2014, 08:02 PM
What exactly did he say that's so ridiculous? All those say, that I saw (kinda skimmed), were obscene sexual language.

There was a YouTube video a while back that showed a news reporter waiting to get on camera, and he said "F**k her in the p***y", then the video goes to the newsroom where a stunned anchor tries to recover. The video ended up being fake, and was spliced with the newsroom footage to make it appear real. Anyway, that became kind of a drunk college rally cry, and has been said on a few (real) live news feeds.

Apparently, that's what Winston said when he stood up on the table. Can't get my head around why he thought that was a good idea, other than I don't think Winston plans anything, off of the field,10 minutes in advance.

SoonerForLife92
9/17/2014, 08:06 PM
There was a YouTube video a while back that showed a news reporter waiting to get on camera, and he said "F**k her in the p***y", then the video goes to the newsroom where a stunned anchor tries to recover. The video ended up being fake, and was spliced with the newsroom footage to make it appear real. Anyway, that became kind of a drunk college rally cry, and has been said on a few (real) live news feeds.

Apparently, that's what Winston said when he stood up on the table. Can't get my head around why he thought that was a good idea, other than I don't think Winston plans anything, off of the field,10 minutes in advance.

I see. He sure is not the brightest. I hope he can get some better guidance and put more of a level head on them shoulders to really utilize all that talent

Mazeppa
9/17/2014, 08:19 PM
This is pretty funny.

http://i58.tinypic.com/16glqhw.jpg

8timechamps
9/17/2014, 08:22 PM
I see. He sure is not the brightest. I hope he can get some better guidance and put more of a level head on them shoulders to really utilize all that talent

He's just really immature, even for a kid that age. That and being in the spotlight can make for a volatile situation.

I'm thinking the Heisman voters are going to be a little more selective this year, given the antics of the past two winners. Maybe there's a reason no freshman had won...

BoulderSooner79
9/17/2014, 08:34 PM
I guess it makes some sense in a way. Attempted theft is a crime and was handled by the justice system. Shouting obscenities from an internet meme is an embarrassment to the school and was handled by the school.

It's difficult to even fathom how oblivious this guy is.

Therealsouthsider
9/17/2014, 08:52 PM
...right out of the Tom Osborne book of winning football at any cost

ss

SoonerForLife92
9/17/2014, 09:26 PM
He's just really immature, even for a kid that age. That and being in the spotlight can make for a volatile situation.

I'm thinking the Heisman voters are going to be a little more selective this year, given the antics of the past two winners. Maybe there's a reason no freshman had won...

I've always thought it was dumb to give it to a freshman. I'm putting my crimson shades just half on, cuz i think Peterson was the only freshman who really deserved it at that point. Besides that I think the heisman should be more of a career type award, and of course not given to morons like johnny and winston. I felt like Te'o and Klein both specifically embodied what that award should be about, being very valuable to your teams success over time, I guess more like that. Too bad it's more just a popularity contest.

delhalew
9/17/2014, 09:43 PM
Has there ever been any point in suspending a player for the first half of a game?
So he can come in after the half like some kind of hero.... effin stupid and pointless.

SanDiegoSoonerGal
9/17/2014, 09:55 PM
Has there ever been any point in suspending a player for the first half of a game?
So he can come in after the half like some kind of hero.... effin stupid and pointless.

That's what this guy said too, only using a lot more words.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaaf/acc/2014/09/17/jameis-winston-florida-state-clemson-punishment-jimbo-fisher/15787741/

KantoSooner
9/18/2014, 08:20 AM
To recap: he stands on a table and screams obscenities. the 'case' is investigated and punishment fixed within 48 hours. He is accused of rape and we sit, over two years later with bupkis in the way of investigation conducted.
Got it.

badger
9/18/2014, 09:07 AM
Jameis' brain has an off switch, doesn't it? Now if only they could find the "on" switch :mad:

The tweets if you haven't seen em. NSFW (http://heavy.com/sports/2014/09/what-did-jameis-winston-say-suspended-suspension/)

BoulderSooner79
9/18/2014, 10:55 AM
Sooo… Let's say that Clemson can stop being Clemson for 1 game, and they jump all over FSU in the first half and manage to hold on to the lead and win the game. How do the FSU fans react? Do they blame Winston for being an idiot or do they blame the school for benching him? How would the committee view this at the end of the year if that's the only FSU loss and they win the ACC?

badger
9/18/2014, 10:58 AM
How do the FSU fans react?

Froth at the mouth while fuming "Fire Vulnerables"

aurorasooner
9/18/2014, 11:18 AM

The Heisman Trophy is taking quite a hit as far as the integrity of those last couple of winners, and especially this last one. He's coming across as a real dumbazz.
Hopefully this year the Heisman voters will ignore all of the network talking-heads spew and vote for not only a quality on-the-field performer but for a respectable off-the-field college football player.
I won't hold my breath, though. The network talking heads recently only posture for a player who'll be best for promoting their network and the almighty $, What's even more pathetic is that the non-network Heisman voters usually follow those network talking-head's recommendations like a bunch of sheep.

FaninAma
9/18/2014, 11:18 AM
Ridiculous. Don't suspend him for stealing crab legs, but suspend him for uttering two profanities that college kids utter about 100 times daily. The football world has lost its collective mind.

At least they suspended him for a halfway decent opponent though.
It's not the CFB world.

KantoSooner
9/18/2014, 11:20 AM
Well, I consulted my nephew who attends FSU. According to him, Jameis is a great guy, totally misunderstood and as innocent as the day is long.

So, I'm guessing they'd blame the admin for suspending him without cause.

In other news, the Kim family might have gone 'too far' in their rule of North Korea.
No, really.

badger
9/18/2014, 11:33 AM
Well, I consulted my nephew who attends FSU. According to him, Jameis is a great guy, totally misunderstood and as innocent as the day is long.

I would expect a downtown Tulsa homeless man to be shouting at passers by about kitty cats effing people up, not the reigning Heisman Trophy winner on the reigning national championship team.

Foreshadowing into Jameis' future? Don't ask me for money, I don't carry cash

8timechamps
9/18/2014, 01:46 PM
I've always thought it was dumb to give it to a freshman. I'm putting my crimson shades just half on, cuz i think Peterson was the only freshman who really deserved it at that point. Besides that I think the heisman should be more of a career type award, and of course not given to morons like johnny and winston. I felt like Te'o and Klein both specifically embodied what that award should be about, being very valuable to your teams success over time, I guess more like that. Too bad it's more just a popularity contest.

I'm with you. There's no question the way the voters select a winner has changed a ton over the past few decades, but I really do believe there's a reason no freshman had won the award prior to Manziel. Although he was an exceptional college QB, and fun to watch, I think the media (ESPN especially) really pimped him...that's something that is a relatively new phenomena. There have always been Heisman campaigns, but it's at a different level these days. I also agree that Peterson was deserving, and I felt like (at the time) he finished second because he was a freshman.

badger
9/18/2014, 02:08 PM
The Heisman has really been wasted lately on less prestigious talent that just doesn't translate well to the NFL. If the media should be hyping anyone, how about defensive players?

As for AD winning the Heisman, he likely split regional votes with Jason White the year he came in second.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
9/18/2014, 02:49 PM
...right out of the Tom Osborne book of winning football at any cost

ssno chit

SoonerForLife92
9/18/2014, 04:48 PM
I'm with you. There's no question the way the voters select a winner has changed a ton over the past few decades, but I really do believe there's a reason no freshman had won the award prior to Manziel. Although he was an exceptional college QB, and fun to watch, I think the media (ESPN especially) really pimped him...that's something that is a relatively new phenomena. There have always been Heisman campaigns, but it's at a different level these days. I also agree that Peterson was deserving, and I felt like (at the time) he finished second because he was a freshman.

Yup the media is really screwing up college football if you ask me. With the heisman and with the SEC nonsense. If you continually tell everyone in the nation who watches ESPN, especially naive high school recruits, that the sec is da bestttt high and above anyone else, then eventually they really will be because so many more of the recruits will go there because they buy into the crap. I mean it's annoying that I search for KState vs Auburn and ALL of the 1st page of google is auburn has to do this to win, auburn is blah-and blah on the road against top 20 teams, malzahn this, nick marshall that... Ughh
Anyway don't want to get too off topic

With the heisman and Manziel the media definitely was controlling that race. If he can replicate what he did especially if he can improve it the next year, sure give him the heisman (like Bradford) but not after one year of good stats.

8timechamps
9/18/2014, 05:22 PM
Yup the media is really screwing up college football if you ask me. With the heisman and with the SEC nonsense. If you continually tell everyone in the nation who watches ESPN, especially naive high school recruits, that the sec is da bestttt high and above anyone else, then eventually they really will be because so many more of the recruits will go there because they buy into the crap. I mean it's annoying that I search for KState vs Auburn and ALL of the 1st page of google is auburn has to do this to win, auburn is blah-and blah on the road against top 20 teams, malzahn this, nick marshall that... Ughh
Anyway don't want to get too off topic

With the heisman and Manziel the media definitely was controlling that race. If he can replicate what he did especially if he can improve it the next year, sure give him the heisman (like Bradford) but not after one year of good stats.

The recent "SEC is the best" atmosphere is a perfect example of the way media has changed the landscape. I don't think there's much question that Bama was among the top teams in college football recently, and it's fair to say the top teams in the SEC have been some of the best teams in the country...but, I think Stoops hit the nail on the head with his 'top to bottom' comments.

The SEC has been the same as every other conference over their 'period of dominance', they were just hyped more. ESPN knew exactly what they were doing in the runup to the SEC network. As much as I want there to be another option for sports programming, ESPN is still the king of the hill. Because of that, just about every fan still watches ESPN, and you're right...high school recruits only really know what they see/hear on ESPN. It's maddening.

8timechamps
9/18/2014, 05:24 PM
The Heisman has really been wasted lately on less prestigious talent that just doesn't translate well to the NFL. If the media should be hyping anyone, how about defensive players?

As for AD winning the Heisman, he likely split regional votes with Jason White the year he came in second.

There's no question that votes were split between he and White, but I believe had AD not been a freshman, many of those votes that went to White would have gone to him.

Oh well, can't cry over spilled milk...unless you're on a message board!

BoulderSooner79
9/18/2014, 05:32 PM
I always wonder if AD would stay for his senior year if he had to do it over again. He is not afraid to take on bold challenges like saying he will carry the team or target 2500 yards as his NFL goal. I'm sure he really wanted to win the Heisman and was arguably the best player in the nation all 3 years. He was a true freshman and that rule has yet to broken and he was injured the other 2 years. He was well on his way to the trophy his Jr year when he broke the collar bone. If he had stayed in '07, I guarantee we don't choke that game in Boulder just on his talent alone. And that game in Lubbock is different because Patrick Allen doesn't fumble that first handoff that got Bradford concussed. A great What if? story…

SoonerForLife92
9/18/2014, 06:57 PM
I always wonder if AD would stay for his senior year if he had to do it over again. He is not afraid to take on bold challenges like saying he will carry the team or target 2500 yards as his NFL goal. I'm sure he really wanted to win the Heisman and was arguably the best player in the nation all 3 years. He was a true freshman and that rule has yet to broken and he was injured the other 2 years. He was well on his way to the trophy his Jr year when he broke the collar bone. If he had stayed in '07, I guarantee we don't choke that game in Boulder just on his talent alone. And that game in Lubbock is different because Patrick Allen doesn't fumble that first handoff that got Bradford concussed. A great What if? story…

Oh wow if we would have had him in 07... They might haven given the trophy to him and Bradford both in the same year

BoulderSooner79
9/18/2014, 10:16 PM
Oh wow if we would have had him in 07... They might haven given the trophy to him and Bradford both in the same year

That was Bradford's freshman year where he broke the freshman TD record, but did not garner any Heisman votes. But that team was solid with a very good defense and would have been NC title level good with a healthy AD. Heisman in '07 and '08 would have been nice.

SoonerForLife92
9/18/2014, 11:11 PM
That was Bradford's freshman year where he broke the freshman TD record, but did not garner any Heisman votes. But that team was solid with a very good defense and would have been NC title level good with a healthy AD. Heisman in '07 and '08 would have been nice.

Oh I know which year it was but Bradford still had a monster year breaking records as you said. I was just joking because with AD back there more teams would have come up for the run and who knows Bradford could have had arguably just as well if not better Avg per completion and completion % of his Heisman year

EatLeadCommie
9/18/2014, 11:39 PM
The recent "SEC is the best" atmosphere is a perfect example of the way media has changed the landscape. I don't think there's much question that Bama was among the top teams in college football recently, and it's fair to say the top teams in the SEC have been some of the best teams in the country...but, I think Stoops hit the nail on the head with his 'top to bottom' comments.

The SEC has been the same as every other conference over their 'period of dominance', they were just hyped more. ESPN knew exactly what they were doing in the runup to the SEC network. As much as I want there to be another option for sports programming, ESPN is still the king of the hill. Because of that, just about every fan still watches ESPN, and you're right...high school recruits only really know what they see/hear on ESPN. It's maddening.

I'd say over most of those years, they were the best conference, mostly because the Big XII was down most of those years. But the SEC stuff reminds me of the NFC talk back when they won like a zillion straight Super Bowls. The NFC wasn't necessarily the best division, but they were usually churning out the best team and sometimes best two teams during that period of dominance.

The SEC talk will only get worse, especially now that they have 14 teams, which means more bowl eligibile teams.

KantoSooner
9/19/2014, 08:19 AM

I would highly recommend Josef Goebbels' 'Propaganda'. Yes, he was an evil genius, but, in this instance, concentrate on the 'genius' part of the equation. To paraphrase him, "There are two forms of reality. The first is objective reality, it is testable by science and is immutable. The second is created in the minds of man. And, if you can create this reality in enough minds, it transits over into the objective sort."

Since college football is so heavily reliant on recruiting, the actions of the sporting press to depict an SEC upswing, of the sort that every conference enjoys over time, as a long term 'truth' has had an impact on recruiting which threatens to give reality to what started off as mere puffery.

We need our own propaganda machine.

nighttrain12
9/19/2014, 10:31 PM
http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/11555354/jameis-winston-florida-state-seminoles-banned-entire-game-vs-clemson-tigers

Now out for the entire game.

soonergirlNeugene
9/19/2014, 11:13 PM
How long was he suspended for the rape allegations?

olevetonahill
9/19/2014, 11:28 PM

None . But thats a different story

olevetonahill
9/19/2014, 11:30 PM
No we dont need a Machine that will help us.
What we DO need is some Kids that want to be SOONERS!

BlownGP
9/19/2014, 11:38 PM
Good, I hope FSU loses...
He's got lots problems for a so called Heisman winner. Both him and Johnny ****ball shouldn't have got it.

BoulderSooner79
9/20/2014, 12:17 AM

In reality, this game is for the rape allegations. Had he not been so accused, I doubt this profanity incident would have drawn a suspension. It would have been dismissed as harmless mocking of an internet meme.

yermom
9/20/2014, 12:41 AM
maybe this is more about the crab legs.

at least it's easier to prove that he did that...

soonergirlNeugene
9/20/2014, 12:45 AM
I don't think he was mocking the meme. He just seems to lack even the most basic common sense. Foxsports was reporting that this suspension probably has a lot to do with all the things he's done since last season. Apparently he missed some kind of meeting with the other players who were named in the rape allegation. His attorney said they weren't notified, but the attorneys for the other players had some kind of proof he was. Also, he caught some flak over the summer for telling recruits that being a starting QB at FSU "gets you all the girls." I'm sure thats probably true, but I also think that 99.9% of people who had been accused of rape less than a year before would be a bit more careful about saying crap like that. Guy seems like a true bonehead.

Jacie
9/20/2014, 09:35 AM
I don't remember the exact date but it was 1983, women became men, men became wusses and everyone lost their sense of humor. It was the day the laughter died.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
9/20/2014, 01:08 PM
I don't remember the exact date but it was 1983, women became men, men became wusses and everyone lost their sense of humor. It was the day the laughter died.What happened that year that caused you to think that?

BoulderSooner79
9/20/2014, 02:47 PM
Mocking the meme is not the right choice of words - should have said imitating the meme. I guess that's gone viral at campuses across the country. But you're current that the guy is a total bonehead and feels above the rules.

SoonerForLife92
9/20/2014, 05:57 PM
Mocking the meme is not the right choice of words - should have said imitating the meme. I guess that's gone viral at campuses across the country. But you're current that the guy is a total bonehead and feels above the rules.

I wasn't aware using his freedom of speech was against any rules. Not saying it wasn't a stupid thing to do but he hasn't broken any rules besides stealing crab legs

olevetonahill
9/20/2014, 06:19 PM
Heh, Flag posted this at the Hideout.

http://blacksportsonline.com/home/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/Jameis-Winston-Crab-Legs-Memes-4.jpg

soonergirlNeugene
9/20/2014, 08:14 PM
I wasn't aware using his freedom of speech was against any rules. Not saying it wasn't a stupid thing to do but he hasn't broken any rules besides stealing crab legs

You do understand that your first amendment rights are guaranteed protection against government infringement, not a guarantee that you can enter into a contract limiting those rights in exchange for something and then complain when you don't get to do whatever you want, right? So if we were talking about him being made to sit in jail overnight instead of on the bench, you'd have a point.

SoonerForLife92
9/20/2014, 08:43 PM
You do understand that your first amendment rights are guaranteed protection against government infringement, not a guarantee that you can enter into a contract limiting those rights in exchange for something and then complain when you don't get to do whatever you want, right? So if we were talking about him being made to sit in jail overnight instead of on the bench, you'd have a point.

True well the school thought he did something wrong and it was most definitely a stupid thing to do. I just think he's being an idiotic college kid. I thought one half suspension was enough but that's just me personally. He gets judged really bad for his accusations, but I don't believe he was guilty personally. He is very stupid and doesn't think oh I have these accusations I better not say something like that. He thinks I didn't do it and I was never charged so why would saying something like this be wrong for me? (Well he probably just doesn't think at all to be honest)

It was a stupid decision for sure. The way you put it yes in the school's, media, and most people's minds he did something wrong, which i'm fine with he should get a punishment. I'm just not sure if it warranted the entire game. He should have just been suspended for the crab leg incident at the beggining of the season instead of this kind of make-up suspension.

yermom
9/20/2014, 10:13 PM
seems like a dumb thing to say after getting out of a rape charge

Since71ASooner4Life
9/20/2014, 10:31 PM
seems like a dumb thing to say after getting out of a rape charge

nothing is off limits for a narcissist rapist

SoCalBigRed
9/20/2014, 10:34 PM
FSU is so overrated.

soonergirlNeugene
9/20/2014, 10:37 PM
True well the school thought he did something wrong and it was most definitely a stupid thing to do. I just think he's being an idiotic college kid. I thought one half suspension was enough but that's just me personally. He gets judged really bad for his accusations, but I don't believe he was guilty personally. He is very stupid and doesn't think oh I have these accusations I better not say something like that. He thinks I didn't do it and I was never charged so why would saying something like this be wrong for me? (Well he probably just doesn't think at all to be honest)

It was a stupid decision for sure. The way you put it yes in the school's, media, and most people's minds he did something wrong, which i'm fine with he should get a punishment. I'm just not sure if it warranted the entire game. He should have just been suspended for the crab leg incident at the beggining of the season instead of this kind of make-up suspension.

Without getting into all the questionable things that happened with that investigation, he wasn't acquitted. Charges simply were not filed. So it is technically something he could still be prosecuted for. Given that fact, if it were me I'd be damn sure I wasn't running my mouth in public saying things like that. Consider that he came out onto the field dressed to play and acted like he didn't even know he was being benched. Even though I'm sure that was the first thing people have mentioned to him for the past 2-3 days now.. There are a lot of boneheads out there, but I'm starting to think they all look up to his example.

soonergirlNeugene
9/20/2014, 10:44 PM
Btw, fumbling inside the 30 yard line w/ 2 minutes to go in a tie game w/ the top ranked team in the country is the very definition of Clemsoning.

Wishboned
9/20/2014, 10:47 PM
Btw, fumbling inside the 30 yard line w/ 2 minutes to go in a tie game w/ the top ranked team in the country is the very definition of Clemsoning.

Must be something about the color orange that makes teams more vulnerable to choking.

lexsooner
9/20/2014, 10:48 PM
Why is Winston on the sidelines dressed out except for pads? Why is a "suspension" in college sports (football) different from other school activities? Suspension should mean no participation or involvement with an activity. Suppose a Pride member got stupid and was suspended from the band? Would he then get to travel with the band and stand on the sidelines? A few years ago a Kentucky qb and his gf beat up some coed outside a bar in Lexington. He was criminally charged with assault and battery. It was near the end of the season and UK suspended him for the rest of the season. UK went to some minor bowl and I then see this dumb jock with headphones helping with play calling on the sidelines. Presumably he got to enjoy all the bowl festivities even though he did not suit up and play. Can someone explain why college football treats disciplinary suspensions differently from other school activities?

soonergirlNeugene
9/20/2014, 10:48 PM
Technically Winston has sat out 4 quarters...

Wishboned
9/20/2014, 10:50 PM
Why is Winston on the sidelines dressed out except for pads? Why is a "suspension" in college sports (football) different from other school activities? Suspension should mean no participation or involvement with an activity. Suppose a Pride member got stupid and was suspended from the band? Would he then get to travel with the band and stand on the sidelines? A few years ago a Kentucky qb and his gf beat up some coed outside a bar in Lexington. He was criminally charged with assault and battery. It was near the end of the season and UK suspended him for the rest of the season. UK went to some minor bowl and I then see this dumb jock with headphones helping with play calling on the sidelines. Presumably he got to enjoy all the bowl festivities even though he did not suit up and play. Can someone explain why college football treats disciplinary suspensions differently from other school activities?

Didn't he actually dress out and start to head out for pregame warmups before someone caught it and sent him back to the locker room?

Piware
9/20/2014, 10:53 PM
Winston is on the sideline with the FSU team acting all important. I don't think they should have let him in the stadium. Hope they win without him.

soonergirlNeugene
9/20/2014, 10:53 PM
Didn't he actually dress out and start to head out for pregame warmups before someone caught it and sent him back to the locker room?

Yup.

Wishboned
9/20/2014, 10:55 PM
That young man is dumber than Vince Young.

lexsooner
9/20/2014, 10:56 PM
Fla. St. has to be the luckiest team I have seen since the last Ohio St. title team. STFU Fischer. You know how to win? It was luck.

SoonerForLife92
9/20/2014, 10:59 PM
Without getting into all the questionable things that happened with that investigation, he wasn't acquitted. Charges simply were not filed. So it is technically something he could still be prosecuted for. Given that fact, if it were me I'd be damn sure I wasn't running my mouth in public saying things like that. Consider that he came out onto the field dressed to play and acted like he didn't even know he was being benched. Even though I'm sure that was the first thing people have mentioned to him for the past 2-3 days now.. There are a lot of boneheads out there, but I'm starting to think they all look up to his example.

It's not like he is the first dumb football player people would look up to. Wether he was aquited or not I still don't believe he did it. While he wasn't aquited, the accuser's lawyer has done nothing further to prove the case was mishandled as she claims.

soonergirlNeugene
9/20/2014, 10:59 PM
They need to reset the "time since Jameis last did something stupid tracker (http://jabooloses.com/)" to kickoff.

lexsooner
9/20/2014, 11:00 PM
I have never had any real bad feelings towards FSU, especially since we have owned them for decades. However, the conduct of Winston and their lucky wins over OSU and Clemson are really getting on my nerves. Let's hope they get knocked off later this season.

SoonerForLife92
9/20/2014, 11:09 PM
I have never had any real bad feelings towards FSU, especially since we have owned them for decades. However, the conduct of Winston and their lucky wins over OSU and Clemson are really getting on my nerves. Let's hope they get knocked off later this season.

Notre Dame should be very interesting

soonergirlNeugene
9/20/2014, 11:15 PM
Watching white guys in face paint running around mock scalping Oklahoma fans who were probably actually Indian was enough to sour me on them. Perennially overrated in the ACC where beating Clemson and VT is sold as an achievement. Don't really care enough about them enough to call it hate, but I also would be amused if some form of venereal disease afflicted everyone connected with that program.

BlownGP
9/20/2014, 11:16 PM
They should have lost..

BoulderSooner79
9/20/2014, 11:18 PM

It's not, but playing time is not a constitutional right.

BoulderSooner79
9/20/2014, 11:21 PM
Sooo… Let's say that Clemson can stop being Clemson for 1 game, and they jump all over FSU in the first half and manage to hold on to the lead and win the game. How do the FSU fans react? Do they blame Winston for being an idiot or do they blame the school for benching him? How would the committee view this at the end of the year if that's the only FSU loss and they win the ACC?

Guess we won't find out because Clemson cannot stop being Clemson for 1 game.

bluedogok
9/20/2014, 11:23 PM
There is no "freedom of speech" on college campuses, if it ever did exist it doesn't anymore.

lexsooner
9/20/2014, 11:37 PM
There is no "freedom of speech" on college campuses, if it ever did exist it doesn't anymore.

There is freedom of speech on college campuses. Go to most any school and you will see all kinds of open activism on campus. However, there are proper consequences for inappropriate conduct by a student, such as standing on a table in the student union and yelling obscene statements. There is no issue here.

BoulderSooner79
9/20/2014, 11:53 PM
Freedom of speech does not mean immunity from consequences. There are lots of things I can say at work without any worry of being arrested - but I could certainly get fired for it.

BoulderSooner79
9/21/2014, 12:02 AM
Fla. St. has to be the luckiest team I have seen since the last Ohio St. title team. STFU Fischer. You know how to win? It was luck.

Normally, I'd agree. But I've seen Clemson pull this sort of chit year after year. They are one of the chumpy-est, snatch defeat from the jaws of victory type of teams out there. It wasn't luck unless you count Clemson being on schedule the week their dumass QB was benched.

aurorasooner
9/21/2014, 12:22 AM
He not only is a dumbazz, but he's an attention whore too. All that smiling and running down the sideline was for the TV and was fake as hell, imo.
Every time I glanced over at that game, ESecPN on ABC was showing him, instead of the players that played the game. Hell, if I had a Heisman ballot, I wouldn't even have him on it.

LOL, just heard that azz-clown announcer that's doing the Wazu/Oregon game that "OU struggled with W Va, and he might have to rethink his ballot. I guess the freakin' game that he's watching is not a struggle for Oregon, and only a one TD lead in the 4th is a cake-walk. Dumbazz is strong in that one.

yermom
9/21/2014, 12:30 AM
maybe The Pirate will make it moot

soonergirlNeugene
9/21/2014, 12:31 AM
He not only is a dumbazz, but he's an attention whore too. All that smiling and running down the sideline was for the TV and was fake as hell, imo.
Every time I glanced over at that game, ESecPN on ABC was showing him, instead of the players that played the game. Hell, if I had a Heisman ballot, I wouldn't even have him on it.

LOL, just heard that azz-clown announcer that's doing the Wazu/Oregon game that "OU struggled with W Va, and he might have to rethink his ballot. I guess the freakin' game that he's watching is not a struggle for Oregon, and only a one TD lead in the 4th is a cake-walk. Dumbazz is strong in that one.

He knows who his audience is. Whether they're rooting for Oregon or Wazzu, they want the other conferences to struggle as much as we do.

aurorasooner
9/21/2014, 12:44 AM
He knows who his audience is. Whether they're rooting for Oregon or Wazzu, they want the other conferences to struggle as much as we do. He just did the Michael Jackson back shuffle and said he wouldn't move any of his top 4, but he would put Bama up ahead of Mich. State. Guess he re-thought it, and agreed his earlier comment was SFB.

soonergirlNeugene
9/21/2014, 01:08 AM
He just did the Michael Jackson back shuffle and said he wouldn't move any of his top 4, but he would put Bama up ahead of Mich. State. Guess he re-thought it, and agreed his earlier comment was SFB.

Good times.

BoulderSooner79
9/21/2014, 02:08 AM
maybe The Pirate will make it moot

The Pirate took one up the tailpipe from the refs on their last possession. Extremely obvious PI not called that would have put Wazzou 1st and 10 in the redzone with a chance to tie. Can't say it cost them the game, but it ended their chances to win right there at a time their chances were not bad.

bluedogok
9/21/2014, 01:32 PM
There is freedom of speech on college campuses. Go to most any school and you will see all kinds of open activism on campus. However, there are proper consequences for inappropriate conduct by a student, such as standing on a table in the student union and yelling obscene statements. There is no issue here.
Sure some activism is allowed...as long as you are on the "correct side" of the argument in the eyes of the administration and campus loud mouths.

hornswaggled
9/21/2014, 08:33 PM
I'm thinking the Heisman voters are going to be a little more selective this year, given the antics of the past two winners...

And OJ.

freshchris05
9/21/2014, 09:07 PM
^^ This guy's cell phone

http://www.staceysays.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/motorola_bag_phone-lg.jpg

hornswaggled
9/21/2014, 09:33 PM
:smile: