PDA

View Full Version : Looks like Boone didn't want to buy all the extra tickets

Sooner24
9/11/2014, 10:50 AM
I thought they were a program on the rise? They shouldn't have any trouble selling 60,000 tickets even on a Thursday.

It's Throwback Thursday in BPS!
Cowboy Football kicks off BIG 12 conference play against Texas Tech on Thursday Sept 25 and the game has been officially named a Throwback Thursday game!
To celebrate, we are releasing a limited number of tickets at Throwback prices. Fans can purchase 4 tickets for only $100!
To purchase, please Click Here and enter the Promo Code: THROWBACK
If you have any questions please contact the Customer Service Center at 877-ALL-4-OSU or @OKStateTix

freshchris05
9/11/2014, 11:33 AM
lol throwback prices?? worthless program.

Wishboned
9/11/2014, 12:05 PM
They'd have better luck if it was Bring Your Own Sheep night.

Soonerwake
9/11/2014, 12:17 PM

Now that's funny...

badger
9/11/2014, 12:57 PM
Now now guys, let them do whatever it takes to get some revenue out of their money losing athletics. The less the state has to subsidize their Poke games, the better.

Soonerjeepman
9/11/2014, 01:17 PM

lol...nice..

or it's "Give a sheep away night"...THAT would ensure a sell-out

CowboyMRW
9/11/2014, 01:41 PM
I looked at those tickets that were offered. They appear to be what Texas Tech didn't buy as the only ones offered were in the visitor's section.

CowboyMRW
9/11/2014, 01:42 PM
Now now guys, let them do whatever it takes to get some revenue out of their money losing athletics. The less the state has to subsidize their Poke games, the better.

Do you have a link for this? I thought we were one of the athletic programs that operated in the black.

MichiganSooner
9/11/2014, 03:04 PM
I looked at those tickets that were offered. They appear to be what Texas Tech didn't buy as the only ones offered were in the visitor's section.

So what? Do you think all the OU opponents buy out their visitor allotment? Rarely, if ever and we get them sold in August.

badger
9/11/2014, 03:09 PM
Do you have a link for this? I thought we were one of the athletic programs that operated in the black.

Knock yourself out. (http://www.usatoday.com/sports/college/schools/finances/) $93 million revenue, $96 million expenses, $7 million subsidy.

If you're in widdle brudder mode, consider: OU has not had student fees for athletics since 2008 and has not used school funds (at least not recently). You Pokes on the other hand fleeced $2.6 million from your students in 2013 and $4.7 million in school funds.

I know that state funding is not what it used to be for public universities, but I still feel like my tax dollars are putting an inferior product on your east-west aligned field. Please stop robbing Oklahoma taxpayers :stunned:

MichiganSooner
9/11/2014, 03:12 PM

OU is one of only seven self-supporting NCAA Division 1 athletic programs in the nation. OU receives no taxpayer funding or student fees to support athletics. The OU budget has been balanced for the last 16 years. Furthermore, OU athletic department has contributed about $8 million annually to OU academics. From OU Athletics Annual Report of 2013-14.

LSU, Nebraska, Ohio State, Oklahoma, Penn State, Purdue and Texas were the only schools to report no subsidy money in 2012. From http://www.goacta.org/news/most_ncaa_division_i_athletic_departments_take_sub sidies

I don't see Oklahoma State listed. Don't worry too much. I am a Sooner but I pay my state taxes.

Wishboned
9/11/2014, 05:31 PM

You misunderstood. You don't operate in the black you operate in the dark.

As in you don't know wtf you're doing.

BoulderSooner79
9/11/2014, 05:32 PM
I thought they operated in the brightest orange.

Piware
9/11/2014, 10:11 PM
Knock yourself out. (http://www.usatoday.com/sports/college/schools/finances/) $93 million revenue, $96 million expenses, $7 million subsidy.

If you're in widdle brudder mode, consider: OU has not had student fees for athletics since 2008 and has not used school funds (at least not recently). You Pokes on the other hand fleeced $2.6 million from your students in 2013 and $4.7 million in school funds.

I know that state funding is not what it used to be for public universities, but I still feel like my tax dollars are putting an inferior product on your east-west aligned field. Please stop robbing Oklahoma taxpayers :stunned:

Thanks Badger and let's not forget all those years that OU played in major bowl games and the closest the Pokes got was the toilet bowl in the locker room. BUT they were always standing there with their hands out when the conference passed out the bowl revenue allocation to the other teams. Sometimes it was the most revenue they received in a lump sum for the entire year.

sendbaht
9/12/2014, 02:39 AM

got me laughing...thanks!

badger
9/12/2014, 08:48 AM
Y'know how we beat 'em last year? You remember where that happened? Stillwater, right?
_wtcHbcZFx0

You know what that means: No Gooner game to sell season tickets this year. This is why they need promos like this, because they're going to Norman in November :stunned:

Pride1Mom
9/12/2014, 10:04 AM
Thanks Badger. It was interesting listening to the OSU radio version of this game. I always have the OU broadcast on, and of course I hear the TV later, but the OSU moaning and groaning about the whole night was something. OSU was winning and they were complaining about what a miserable game it was. OU got lucky on that almost interception when the OSU player dropped the ball coming down. Probably the intense cold had a lot to do with it. I am sure the ball felt like a boulder in his hands.