PDA

View Full Version : Player No Longer on The Team

blacktop
9/8/2014, 06:56 PM
The last question in Coach's press conference was abOUt the status of some player. Coach stated he was no longer on the team. Who was he talking about and what's the story?

BoulderSooner79
9/8/2014, 07:02 PM
I think it was that hotshot DT that was going to save the whole D-line last season.

cvsooner
9/8/2014, 07:57 PM
The last question in Coach's press conference was abOUt the status of some player. Coach stated he was no longer on the team. Who was he talking about and what's the story?

Quincy Russell. Nobody really knows the story. Reportedly he had a habit of disappearing from practice/not showing up for class, and that doesn't fly with the Brothers Stoops.

yermom
9/8/2014, 08:00 PM
he was posting about having some "obstacles" in August

8timechamps
9/8/2014, 08:22 PM
I have no inside info, but I can't help but think he came to Norman expecting to start (that's certainly the way it was spun in the media). When that didn't happen, his attitude started to spiral, and when the depth chart was released, and he was 4th, it probably sealed the deal.

Farewell Quincy Russell, we never really knew you...

olevetonahill
9/8/2014, 11:40 PM
Yea I can see this kinda attitude gettin ya an Invite to not let door hit ya in the arse on the way out.:highly_amused:

http://collegesportsblog.dallasnews.com/2014/09/oklahoma-quotable-quincy-russell-no-longer-with-team-bob-stoops-talks-sec-ahead-of-tennessee-game.html/

“He is not on the team anymore. Just not able to do the things everyone else is doing, and eventually, that doesn’t work.”

Russell posted on his Facebook profile a status saying, “Well good bye Oklahoma.
Time to find new home.”

When asked what happened in the comments, Russell responded, “I got kicked off” and “I didn’t do nothing bro the [expletive] said I was a cancer to the team.”

KantoSooner
9/9/2014, 09:15 AM
I think this was his last year of eligibility anyway, but that's one more schollie available for someone who really wants it.

Widescreen
9/9/2014, 09:29 AM
But now our DL really is doomed!!!

stoopified
9/9/2014, 10:22 AM
Clearly Russell's first name was Quincy, not Jesus, because he was no savior.

KantoSooner
9/9/2014, 10:22 AM
In the ultimate sense, aren't we all?