Okie35
9/6/2014, 06:27 PM
Made me get up when I saw it live

CatfishSooner
9/6/2014, 08:01 PM
that was awesome!

Wishboned
9/6/2014, 09:58 PM
That's the kind of hit that makes you rethink your priorities in life. Once you regain consciousness. I'm amazed he held on to the ball. His teeth were knocked loose, but the ball stayed put.

He's going to have nightmares and be hearing footsteps for years.

vtsooner21
9/7/2014, 06:35 AM
Back in the day, they called them headaches-that ringing or low-pitched hum...Now they use the term "concussion".. I hope the Tulsa player will be ok..Tough hit when not prepared to receive it.
Boomer

Turd_Ferguson
9/7/2014, 08:35 AM
Did I hear the announcers correctly, that was the first college reception for that kid?

freshchris05
9/7/2014, 10:55 AM
Back in the day, they called them headaches-that ringing or low-pitched hum...Now they use the term "concussion".. I hope the Tulsa player will be ok..Tough hit when not prepared to receive it.
Boomer

lol

KantoSooner
9/7/2014, 01:38 PM
Lemme see if I recall the sequence of events. You're moving along, tending to your business then NO SENSATION OF IMPACT. More of 'loss of video link' and other sensory feeds. Annnnnnnnnd, you're on the ground. Not breathing. Alarms jingling all around and a giant roaring sound in your ears. Ears? Well maybe in the ears. We still have ears? Check. Okay. Roaring sound probably originating in the ears. System check. ****. NOT BREATHING. Manual override: Exhale, inhale, breath. Phew, got that worked out. WTF just happened? OMG! Massive wave of pain. Keep breathing. Someday this will be better. Shall we try moving? Be a bummer if we try and can't but gotta do it sometime. Nervous system seems to be sparking and smoking. Pain is growing, but systems are coming back on line nicely. Still alive and mostly functional. Gooooooood.

Crawl for own sideline.

Haven't soiled oneself. Teeth appear to be intact. Concentrate on the positive.

Or at least that's how I remember it.

BoulderSooner79
9/7/2014, 01:45 PM
The hit wasn't THAT hard, but had all the factors in Wilson's favor. Great timing, Wilson the bigger player, the TU guy having zero forward momentum and the hit coming high. The real impact was with the turf. I'd be tempted to say the QB hung that poor bastage out to dry, but there is no way he could predict Wilson being there that quickly on a play like that. Just great anticipation on Wilson's part.

vtsooner21
9/8/2014, 02:53 PM
Kanto, I have to say that I forgot the fact that after one of those "hits" you reach under your facemask & check to see if you feel your nose there or not..lol Just remembering the "glory"...
Boomer

badger
9/8/2014, 03:03 PM
Here's another view (http://www.tulsaworld.com/sportshomepage2/mike-strain-one-of-the-hardest-hits-you-ll-see/article_783e5dae-5a6a-5e82-9e52-7ea11a53829e.html)

KantoSooner
9/8/2014, 03:21 PM
Yeah, I was not a good football player. And I played for a crappy team. At a very small high school. (The other schools in our conference scheduled us for Homecoming. We'd play like 3-4 other school Homecomings a year. And then lose our own.) HS football for me basically involved getting hit. A lot. We actually had to forfeit a game once when we didn't have 11 players left uninjured. Great bus ride home.

No wonder we took to drinking. Young.