PDA

View Full Version : Injury Updates?

Sooner70
9/6/2014, 03:01 PM
Anybody have any updates on Sanchez, Hayes or anybody else?

Kinda worried about that Sahchez thing. Didn''t see him on sidelines after injury, or even on bench iced down or anything. Might've been MRI time. Ugh.

Wishboned
9/6/2014, 03:03 PM
Anybody have any updates on Sanchez, Hayes or anybody else?

Kinda worried about that Sahchez thing. Didn''t see him on sidelines after injury, or even on bench iced down or anything. Might've been MRI time. Ugh.

He was on the sideline in the second half. Had his arm in a sling.

okiewaker
9/6/2014, 03:09 PM
X-Ray was negative on Sanchez. Heard on radio FWIW

Widescreen
9/6/2014, 03:09 PM
Stoops announced x-rays are negative. So that's good. But there's obviously some injury amd we don't know what yet.

BoulderSooner79
9/6/2014, 03:22 PM
From LT - Walker sprained left knee, out 2-3 weeks. No mention of which ligament.

aurorasooner
9/6/2014, 03:25 PM
Stoops announced x-rays are negative. So that's good. But there's obviously some injury and we don't know what yet.Bob would announce the x-rays are negative if his arm is in a cast, he's in a wheel chair with his leg in a cast, and he's sitting in a sheet next to Jack Nicholson with bandages wrapped around his head. Bob's post-game injury reports aren't the most reliable.
With supposedly Tennessee having a good receiving group, I do hope he's right about this, though.

BoulderSooner79
9/6/2014, 03:42 PM
Negative x-rays just means no broken bones. It doesn't reveal much about sprains. A bad shoulder separation can show up on the x-ray from bone position, so it is still good news, but doesn't mean there is no injury.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
9/6/2014, 03:59 PM
Evans? Walker?

FaninAma
9/6/2014, 07:11 PM
Shoulder sprains treated with a sling are usually Grade 1. He'll be day to day.

SoCalBigRed
9/6/2014, 09:42 PM
With supposedly Tennessee having a good receiving group, I do hope he's right about this, though.

They couldn't keep Arkansas St out of their backfield. Doesn't matter how good their receiving corps is, when the QB doesn't have time to throw. I don't like to call games, but this one isn't going to be close. OU will destroy them, with or without Sanchez.

On the subject of Sanchez, love the guy... but he gives up some big plays and lots of extra yardage, for the reason he got hurt to. He'd rather hit, than wrap up.

8timechamps
9/6/2014, 10:04 PM
Sounds like the biggest blow was to Charles Walker. Could be 2-3 weeks. Never want to see a kid get injured, but if it has to happen, a second teamer on a loaded line isn't too bad.

Stoops sounded like Zack passed all of the early assesments on his shoulder, and nothing showed on X-ray, so that's good news. That leaves a possible shoulder separation, but we won't know more until he gets an MRI.

Jordan Evans banged up his leg, and could have continued to play (he did come back in for one play), but there wasn't any reason to risk it, so Gastelum went in and earned a scholarship.

All in all, not too bad.

The season couldn't have opened any better (with the way the competition steps up):

La Tech -decent team-but, the weakest on the roster (LaTech destroyed ULL in a game that had LaTech listed as a 16 point underdog)
Tulsa - A definite step ahead of La Tech in almost every aspect of their game.
Tennessee - Better than La Tech, Better than Tulsa, and that's about it.

The first three games a set up to bring us along and be hitting on all cylinders by the time conference play opens!

9/6/2014, 10:54 PM
Coach Bob had better get the team respecting the talent of tn. This next game makes me nervous.

9/6/2014, 10:58 PM
"Sounds like the biggest blow was to Charles Walker. Could be 2-3 weeks. Never want to see a kid get injured, but if it has to happen, a second teamer on a loaded line isn't too bad.

Stoops sounded like Zack passed all of the early assesments on his shoulder, and nothing showed on X-ray, so that's good news. That leaves a possible shoulder separation, but we won't know more until he gets an MRI.

Jordan Evans banged up his leg, and could have continued to play (he did come back in for one play), but there wasn't any reason to risk it, so Gastelum went in and earned a scholarship."-8timechamps

thankew

Temujin
9/7/2014, 04:15 PM

I'm going with a stinger on this one. I've had one before, and watching that play, that's about the exact reaction you have when you get a burner like that. Like it took a second for him to realize what happened and then the pain just rushes in. When it happens to you for the first time, it's frightening as hell until you realize what it is. Shouldn't be long term if that's the case and I bet it teaches him a lesson in proper tackling.

rock on sooner
9/7/2014, 04:30 PM
I'm going with a stinger on this one. I've had one before, and watching that play, that's about the exact reaction you have when you get a burner like that. Like it took a second for him to realize what happened and then the pain just rushes in. When it happens to you for the first time, it's frightening as hell until you realize what it is. Shouldn't be long term if that's the case and I bet it teaches him a lesson in proper tackling.

"Proper tackling?" Naw, it is in Zack's head...hard hits...int...pick six....unless
Coach Mike drills it otherwise, that's what he'll do and become a star/AA/stud
highdraft pick, imo and prolly won't stay the full four...I have liked him to do
all that stuff the first game I saw him in.....again, jmo...

8timechamps
9/7/2014, 06:36 PM

That was my initial thought too, but if he was in a sling that wouldn't really point to a stinger. It is very frightening the first time you get one, and they could have just been taking precautions until they had a chance to really evaluate it later.

I'm not sure Zack will ever be a form tackler. I'm sure he's been drilled about it, but some DBs just never 'get it'. That doesn't mean he's a bad player, heck Deon Sanders is arguably the best CB to play, and he wouldn't tackle to save his life. But, like you said, maybe this injury will change the way he tackles...at least use your arms and not just a shoulder.

Okie35
9/8/2014, 08:58 AM
Coach Bob had better get the team respecting the talent of tn. This next game makes me nervous.

It shouldn't their Oline is horrible. Next year will be a different story. Just contain Pig Howard on offense and watch for aj Johnson who is not only their best defender but best player by far. He'll be hard to contain but one person can't stop our whole offense.

8timechamps
9/8/2014, 03:53 PM
Stoops said today that Sanchez is "expected to practice this week and play Saturday". Sanchez was also seen on campus today, and looked "completely normal" (no sling).

Sounds like it was probably just a stinger. Even a slight shoulder separation would prevent him from practicing most of the week.

olevetonahill
9/8/2014, 03:56 PM
This Just in. Molitar will not Play due to a Broken face .