PDA

View Full Version : Another one down: Texas LB Deoundrei Davis no longer with team

sendbaht
9/5/2014, 09:36 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf-dr-saturday/another-one-down--texas-lb-deoundrei-davis-no-longer-with-team-203931685.html

soon the team left will have to play both sides of the ball.:))

Therealsouthsider
9/5/2014, 09:45 PM
...if S.I. really wants to write an interesting article, they can chronicle the battle being waged in the UT football program, privelage vs integrity. Interesting days in Austin

ss

olevetonahill
9/5/2014, 09:56 PM
Ole Charlie keeps Bootin Players he gonna have to change their mascot to a Unicorn

Curly Bill
9/5/2014, 10:11 PM
I think Charlie is setting it up so if things go bad this season he can reference how he had to tear down the program so he could build it up again.

Not saying some of those prima donas didn't need running off, but I think he's engaged in a covering his a** maneuver.

BoulderSooner79
9/5/2014, 10:21 PM
I don't think Strong needs an a** covering maneuver. As much as they are paying him, he has time to recruit his own guys to shape the program the way he wants. But this will certainly up the stakes in years 2, 3 and beyond. He will either be loved or run out on a rail for tearing down the program, but not making it better. He's leaving himself no middle ground. I compare that to Stoops who made due in year 1 while transitioning schemes and coaches. He had some attrition, but I don't recall anything like the turnover that Strong is incurring. And Blake left our program in worst shape than Brown left UT.

olevetonahill
9/5/2014, 10:26 PM
Yea but look at all the skollies he gonna have LOL

Mazeppa
9/5/2014, 10:39 PM
http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showthread.php?184170-Horns-evict-two-more-players-offensive-linemen-estelle-and-harrison&

Mazeppa
9/5/2014, 10:39 PM
heh

aurorasooner
9/5/2014, 11:09 PM
I don't think Strong needs an a** covering maneuver. As much as they are paying him, he has time to recruit his own guys to shape the program the way he wants. But this will certainly up the stakes in years 2, 3 and beyond. He will either be loved or run out on a rail for tearing down the program, but not making it better. He's leaving himself no middle ground. I compare that to Stoops who made due in year 1 while transitioning schemes and coaches. He had some attrition, but I don't recall anything like the turnover that Strong is incurring. And Blake left our program in worst shape than Brown left UT. I know Stoops was transitioning in year 1 (1999), but all he basically had to do was find a QB.
That idiot Blake had some decent players, but that high school staff he hired while riding around in his golf cart (after running off a pretty decent staff that was given to him), had them playing in the wrong positions and his "Turner Gill" coaching style had ''dem-boys slacking off as much as they could get away with. Stoops couldn't have dreamed of a better scenario to turn around quickly with having a loyal quality staff who had recruited most of the midlands/southwest wanting to get out of that sweat shop of KjSU. (except for Leach, who was a diamond in the rough though I'm glad he left after one year).
I noticed some ESPiN or Fox talking head saying "don't worry about Charlie" he was bringing in plenty of recruits from Florida". I laughed, thinking, wtf does he want to do that for, there are plenty of quality D-1 recruits right on his doorstep.
While getting blown out by BYU, Stool State, or Bayor is one thing, getting blown out by OU is totally different to their alums.
A 63-14 type beating of them this year will drastically shorten Charlie's chain, imo. If we pull another total fiasco like we did last year, and let them keep it close or possibly win, then he'll have plenty more time to turn that dumpster fire around.

BoulderSooner79
9/6/2014, 02:34 AM
Yeah, Stoops obviously inherited talent. But that's no guarantee those guys would buy into his vision or even stay with the program. He was faced with the same thing Strong has now - guys not working hard enough or having enough discipline. Coming down with a large and swift hammer like Strong is doing is one way to handle it, but that's not great leadership. A great coach is a salesman and a mentor too, and that's what will have guys buying in instead of quitting. It could be Strong is more similar to Stoops and he's just unlucky with the mix of guys he inherited. Time will tell.

freshchris05
9/6/2014, 09:14 AM
Texas signs #1 recruiting class with 68 commitments.