PDA

View Full Version : Mark Andrews (freshman) Note

8timechamps
9/5/2014, 07:01 PM
Andrews was a 4/5 star WR (Scottsdale, AZ) that committed to Oklahoma last year. He was a very high profile recruit with offers from just about every big program in the country. One of the reasons he chose OU was that Stoops told Andrews he would have a shot to play WR. Andrews is 6'6", 240 lbs and played a little TE in high school (he was selected to the Army All American game as a TE, and looked very good there).

Having attempted to play WR throughout the summer and fall camp, Andrews has decided to switch positions and is working with the TEs now. Nothing official has been announced, but most of us that followed Andrews in recruiting thought this change could happen. I wasn't expecting it to happen so soon though. I think Andrews realized the quickest way to see playing time was going to be at TE, and moving up the WR depth chart was going to be a slow process.

I have no idea when we will see him in a game, and it may not be this year. But, the future just got a little brighter at the TE position.

Turd_Ferguson
9/5/2014, 07:14 PM
Good stuff. Thanks!