PDA

View Full Version : Horns evict two more players...offensive linemen estelle and harrison

swardboy
9/3/2014, 09:45 PM
The meltdown on Shaggybevo is priceless.

8timechamps
9/3/2014, 09:54 PM
After those two departures, the whorns have 4 combined starts along the line. And a freshman QB. The bottom is falling out quickly.

olevetonahill
9/3/2014, 09:55 PM
Link? Not to Bevo but to the Story?

swardboy
9/3/2014, 10:06 PM
Earlier reports said dismissal, now it's suspension against BYU: http://www.dallasnews.com/sports/college-sports/texas-longhorns/20140903-report-two-starting-texas-offensive-linemen-dismissed-players-claim-they-re-still-on-team.ece

olevetonahill
9/3/2014, 10:26 PM
Poor Saxet, I almost feel sorry fer em. I dont but with a little effort I could.

BoulderSooner79
9/3/2014, 10:34 PM
Strong is either going to rebuild them to be a power or fail miserably and cost them another 5 years. We need to put up a dominate win against those guys this year to establish a pecking order in case it is the former. (It will be just for fun if it's the latter).

soonergirlNeugene
9/4/2014, 12:36 AM
I think the B12 is more fun with a strong Texsa. So long as we still whoop that azz.

aurorasooner
9/4/2014, 12:46 AM
Strong is either going to rebuild them to be a power or fail miserably and cost them another 5 years. We need to put up a dominate win against those guys this year to establish a pecking order in case it is the former. (It will be just for fun if it's the latter). Geez, the whorns must have around 40 schollies or more to give next year with all the players Charlie has run off.
You're right, it's time for a 63-14 or 65-13 azz whipping, and then for us not to roll over in the bowl game or the playoffs so we've got some momentum going into the 1st of Feb. Even if we happen to lose, just keep it respectable with quality game-plans on both sides of the ball, and a quality effort from the players.

sendbaht
9/4/2014, 01:26 AM
I read that this Saturday they(TX) will have the YOUNGEST O-line in college football.

BigTip
9/4/2014, 06:46 AM
My theory is that Strong is just trying to line up excuses for a miserable season. "How could I win? I didn't have any players left."

Mac94
9/4/2014, 07:45 AM
I read that this Saturday they(TX) will have the YOUNGEST O-line in college football.

Yeah ... I think they will have a combined 4 or 5 starts total.

sendbaht
9/4/2014, 08:12 AM

I read this too...what does it mean Mac94?

badger
9/4/2014, 09:00 AM
Charlie Strong is going to find that when the UT-Austin house is spotlessly clean... there's nobody home

:D The mommy and wife in me has also found that the cleanest house is the unoccupied one

Mazeppa
9/5/2014, 08:04 PM
Texas LB Deoundrei Davis no longer with the team
By Tom Fornelli | College Football Writer
September 5, 2014 3:59 pm ET
There's been a lot of roster turnover at Texas since Charlie Strong took over. (USATSI)
Another day, another player no longer with the Texas Longhorns.
Texas announced that linebacker Deoundrei Davis is no longer with the football team on Friday, and he would be the eighth player to leave the program since Charlie Strong took over for Mack Brown. The school did not specify whether Davis was kicked off the team or left on his own.
Davis was a four-star member of Texas' 2013 recruiting class but redshirted his first season in Austin as he rehabbed a knee injury he suffered in high school.
It's been a week of attrition for the Longhorns, as Charlie Strong suspended two offensive tackles, senior center Dominic Espinosa broke his ankle and quarterback David Ash seemed to suffer another concussion in the team's win over North Texas.

Wishboned
9/5/2014, 08:22 PM
He keeps going on and they're going to have to rename the team the Lonehorns.

Boomer Mooner
9/5/2014, 08:26 PM

Hope they have a spare QB ready to go.

Not really. There's really no way to quantify the ****s I don't give.

Flagstaffsooner
9/5/2014, 08:27 PM
Strong is either going to rebuild them to be a power or fail miserably and cost them another 5 years. We need to put up a dominate win against those guys this year to establish a pecking order in case it is the former. (It will be just for fun if it's the latter).

It's going to take a while to clean up the mess that Mack left.

EatLeadCommie
9/5/2014, 08:52 PM
Charlie is doing the right thing. That program had no discipline under Mack and it desperately needed an injection of it. Now, whether or not Charlie is the guy who can clean up and start winning again, I don't know, but he does seem to be pretty good at cleaning up.

Wishboned
9/5/2014, 08:54 PM
Charlie is doing the right thing. That program had no discipline under Mack and it desperately needed an injection of it. Now, whether or not Charlie is the guy who can clean up and start winning again, I don't know, but he does seem to be pretty good at cleaning up.

Maybe he is their Gibbs. To be followed by their Schnelly, and then their Blake.

EatLeadCommie
9/5/2014, 08:58 PM
I think Mack's last few years were their Gibbs years.

SoCalBigRed
9/6/2014, 12:20 AM
He is their Gibbs. They'll have some moderate success. Enough to placate some fans... but they'll tire of him soon enough.

dennis580
9/6/2014, 08:59 AM
We need Texas to beat BYU. A Texas loss against BYU only serves to hurt our playoff chances.

delhalew
9/6/2014, 10:15 AM
If I had the misfortune of being a whorn fan, I would be glad to see Strong culling the herd...

swardboy
9/6/2014, 10:17 AM
We need Texas to beat BYU. A Texas loss against BYU only serves to hurt our playoff chances.

Logic...it's a beeyotch.

Jacie
9/6/2014, 10:51 AM
Everything Charlie's done to this point has only served to make sa*et better. Only time will tell but I think he will provide them with their most legitimate chance to win since that loss to bama. If Mack at his lowest could get a win against OU, I hope to hell OUr coaches are ready this year cause Strong > Brown.