PDA

View Full Version : When is the last time...

CatfishSooner
9/2/2014, 06:49 PM
We have had such good O AND D Lines? I think both are exceptional with lots of depth...excited about the year!

8timechamps
9/2/2014, 07:05 PM
It's been a while. Not only do we have excellent starters, we're very deep.

Bob's 'experiment' with Bruce Kittle set us a back a little, but the addition of Bedenbaugh was huge. He's efforts are really showing.

This is the first year is quite a while that we have such depth. It was just a couple of years ago we were putting an offensive line on the field that was being held together with spit and duct tape.

Wishboned
9/2/2014, 07:11 PM
It's been a while. Not only do we have excellent starters, we're very deep.

Bob's 'experiment' with Bruce Kittle set us a back a little, but the addition of Bedenbaugh was huge. He's efforts are really showing.

This is the first year is quite a while that we have such depth. It was just a couple of years ago we were putting an offensive line on the field that was being held together with spit and duct tape.

And in the Sugar Bowl we had 3 people filling in on the o-line? And they were able to pull it off. Bedenbaugh is worth every penny they're paying him.

Soonerus
9/2/2014, 08:27 PM
Good way to win a championship good, strong lines on both sides...

VA Sooner
9/2/2014, 10:13 PM
And in the Sugar Bowl we had 3 people filling in on the o-line? And they were able to pull it off. Bedenbaugh is worth every penny they're paying him.

Agree! Worth every penny

CatfishSooner
9/2/2014, 10:42 PM
I think Phillips will be an All-American...

soonergirlNeugene
9/3/2014, 12:02 AM
Very excited about this season.

Pride1Mom
9/3/2014, 09:11 AM
And our kicking game has not looked this good since Hayes left. If you don't think the kicking game is important, watch the botched punt attempt by OSU when the deep snapper hit the leg of one of the protective players instead of getting it to the punter. This gave the ball to FSU on OSU's 40 yard line.

badger
9/3/2014, 09:18 AM
To be fair... Louisiana Tech. Judging from message board comments their fans hate Skip Holtz and what La Tech football has become, so the fact that we let them score a few times... :mad:

:D But I like winning. Congrats to all positions on the win

KantoSooner
9/3/2014, 09:28 AM
It was a live scrimmage. Look at it that way and be happier. We tried out some stuff, but kept the playbook simple to see if the guys had really done their homework. We tried a lot of different people.
Had Bob wanted, we could have made it 80-0. He didn't want. He had other things to accomplish.
We shouldn't take that game for more, or less, than what it was.
So, what do we know about our team? That it's fundamentally sound. We don't know much more than that.

hawaii 5-0
9/3/2014, 11:03 AM
On the depth chart a month ago I didn't see a backup center listed behind Darlington.

I'm sure there is someone but I hope they get some experience just in case.

I love that we have interior D-linemen that can collapse the pocket. Haven't seen that in awhile.

5-0