PDA

View Full Version : got to brag about the daughter...

Soonerjeepman
9/2/2014, 12:43 PM
okay, some may know she walked on at Labette CC to play basketball...she's 22 played 1 yr in HS, but the coach was willing to take her...guess being 6 FT helps~

She's had 2 weeks (starting her third) of work-outs she's never had. Thought she was going to die, took her first "ice bath" last Friday.

She has outlasted 2 scholarship girls~ one quit the first week one the second. So proud of her.

She prob won't play more than a minute here and there, if that...but she's learning valuable lessons about herself and determination.

olevetonahill
9/2/2014, 02:09 PM
Good for her.

hawaii 5-0
9/2/2014, 04:07 PM
Nice. I hope she gets some playing time.

5-0

Soonerjeepman
9/3/2014, 12:38 PM
Thanks, yeah I hope she gets some time.

birddog
9/3/2014, 01:18 PM
Nothing better than getting an edumacation while playing sports. Great way to develop mentally and physically

dwarthog
9/3/2014, 01:32 PM
Grit and determination. That reflects on her parents, to borrow from Bob Stoops, "In a great way".

Congrats!

Soonerjeepman
9/4/2014, 11:58 AM
it really is awesome...
she was ADD in 5th grade...struggled through HS, her first yr and half at a local juco was bad. flunked out, sat out...so for her to be in this spot is unbelievable. The great thing is she is really coming into her own. Dropped her loser BF ...(yes I'm HAPPY!!!) and is finding out she can do things if she really wants it bad enough.

deweydw
9/4/2014, 03:21 PM
That's great!! Hope she does get some playing time. It's always great when you get to brag about the kiddos.

salth2o
9/6/2014, 12:19 PM
Truly awesome story. Stick with it. She will not regret it.