PDA

View Full Version : Did I hear Danny Kannel (sp-?) right on "CFB Live" today?

aurorasooner
9/1/2014, 08:02 PM
"We all used to rail on Big 12 defenses until we had to face some Big 12 offenses" Truth

Dude better be careful or ESecPN will replace him with an SEC butt kisser.

bluedogok
9/1/2014, 08:10 PM
1-N, 2-L's

That was always the discussion I had with an SEC friend, they faced non-exist offenses in the non-conference and the same three yards and a cloud of FieldTurf rubber pellets during the conference season. When it came time to play a Big 12 team in a bowl game they had 5-6 weeks to prepare instead of facing that type of offense week after week. Then you had the differences in how officials from other conferences didn't call the physical DB play like the Big 12 officials did. That is why the offense/defense rankings are pretty much irrelevant. He finally understood when A&M and Missouri came in the conference with more up tempo offenses and gave the old guard some fits. I had to remind him that neither of those teams were consistent top teams in the Big 12.

EatLeadCommie
9/1/2014, 08:13 PM
That's pretty funny considering he didn't even play when the Big 12 existed.

aurorasooner
9/1/2014, 08:17 PM
That's pretty funny considering he didn't even play when the Big 12 existed.I think he was referring to the college teams that they previously played for, and then playing Big 12 offenses, week in and week out.

Okie35
9/1/2014, 08:34 PM
. A spread offense will always get yards... It's all about key stops. It's a miracle to be ranked in the top 25 on defense in the B12... And almost unheard of to be top 10. Week in and out its hard to gameplan against spread teams.

stoopified
9/1/2014, 09:22 PM
Late to the party but at least one ESPN/ SEC shill is starting to see the light.