PDA

View Full Version : ***OFFICIAL BAYLOR vs SMU Game Thread***

SicEmBaylor
8/31/2014, 06:45 AM
Let's get it started!!! The inaugural game at McLane Stadium! Beat the bloody bejesus out of the Ponies!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnkJXXJ-Sr0&list=UUt1Z0nJWuI6KDozeflRvRWw

Speck
8/31/2014, 11:03 AM
You sail gating? I am looking forward to seeing the new stadium on TV.

birddog
8/31/2014, 11:22 AM
So what happened? Btw, worst thread ever. No way I could pass up posting in it.

LakeRat
8/31/2014, 12:18 PM
This may rival the delete me tread!

ouwasp
8/31/2014, 12:59 PM
I'm sure there will be a big crowd tonight. But sometime soon, when the back-row Baptists start slipping out, the Second Coming of the Tarp will occur. This has been fore-ordained.

SicEmBaylor
8/31/2014, 02:49 PM
I'm sure there will be a big crowd tonight. But sometime soon, when the back-row Baptists start slipping out, the Second Coming of the Tarp will occur. This has been fore-ordained.

The total stadium capacity is roughly equal to the capacity of FCS minus the seats the tarp took up, so it's doubtful. In any case, every game this season is already sold out.

SoonerMarkVA
8/31/2014, 03:03 PM
The total stadium capacity is roughly equal to the capacity of FCS minus the seats the tarp took up, so it's doubtful. In any case, every game this season is already sold out.

As OSU well knows, sold out doesn't equal filled up.

picasso
8/31/2014, 03:07 PM
Baylor Bandwagon!

Since RG3.

Therealsouthsider
8/31/2014, 03:40 PM
....in

ss

yermom
8/31/2014, 03:48 PM
*yawn*

MsProudSooner
8/31/2014, 04:19 PM
What's the over and under on Personal Foul penalties by the Baylor defense?

EatLeadCommie
8/31/2014, 04:23 PM
How do we have a Baylor game thread and no OU game thread?

SicEmBaylor
8/31/2014, 04:28 PM

It's a shame OU fans have become such bleeding vag's over hits that, just a few years ago, would have had OU fans on their feet cheering. Did you ever watch Boz put someone on their back?

Curly Bill
8/31/2014, 04:29 PM
How do we have a Baylor game thread and no OU game thread?

Because unlike Baylor we don't get hyped for playing a glorified high school team?

SicEmBaylor
8/31/2014, 04:32 PM
Baylor Bandwagon!

Since RG3.

Sad but true. Sometimes I feel like I, and other students/fans who went to every Steele and GuyMo **** show, should be given some kind of medal for showing up during those years. Lots of johnny-come-lately's. On the other hand, you have to keep in mind that the average Baylor student these days has never experienced a losing season at Baylor. That's astounding to me. They should be forced to watch Greg Cicero just to properly appreciate how good they have it.

SicEmBaylor
8/31/2014, 04:35 PM
Because unlike Baylor we don't get hyped for playing a glorified high school team?

SMU is an old SWC rival that we have been playing since WWI. It's the rough equivalent to playing Tulsa.

Curly Bill
8/31/2014, 04:36 PM
SMU is an old SWC rival that we have been playing since WWI. It's the rough equivalent to playing Tulsa.

But I'm not bragging about playing them or beating them!

What was embarrassing was the whorn fans last night and this morning proclaiming the return of greatness because they beat UNT!

SoonerorLater
8/31/2014, 04:38 PM

What was embarrassing was the whorn fans last night and this morning proclaiming the return of greatness because they beat UNT!

To be fair, I'm sure the Whorns consider this a pretty good win.

SicEmBaylor
8/31/2014, 04:44 PM

I'm not bragging about playing them, and we haven't beat them yet...

It's the first game of the season. It's football. It's football in a brand new stadium. If that doesn't get you excited as a fan then I'm sure there's a soccer match going on somewhere in the world that you can be watching.

Curly Bill
8/31/2014, 04:51 PM
I'm not bragging about playing them, and we haven't beat them yet...

It's the first game of the season. It's football. It's football in a brand new stadium. If that doesn't get you excited as a fan then I'm sure there's a soccer match going on somewhere in the world that you can be watching.

Well...it's Baylor -v- SMU, but you can call it football if you want.

Curly Bill
8/31/2014, 04:52 PM
...and the score's gonna be:

New kids on the block: 48

SMU 13

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
8/31/2014, 05:05 PM
*yawn*Yeah, I thought Suckem Baylor had gone to...Baylor

SicEmBaylor
8/31/2014, 05:08 PM
Yeah, I thought Suckem Baylor had gone to...Baylor

I don't know what that means.

8/31/2014, 05:19 PM
Originally Posted by RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
Yeah, I thought Suckem Baylor had gone to...Baylor
I don't know what that means.I haven't seen any posts from you here in a long while. If you've posted, I haven't been on those threads.

Yes, this post matches the excitement level of the rest of the thread.

Okie35
8/31/2014, 07:25 PM

Or illegal wr picks to have ppl wide open

bluedogok
8/31/2014, 07:27 PM
Or illegal wr picks to have ppl wide open
I don't know that they need the pick plays against SMU.

Okie35
8/31/2014, 07:28 PM
They better sit petty ... Back problems arent a joke plus I don't want any excuses when we destroy Baylor

Okie35
8/31/2014, 07:29 PM
I don't know that they need the pick plays against SMU.

It's just apart of their offense

8/31/2014, 07:35 PM
There should be a pro game on today. (The ponies suck)

Okie35
8/31/2014, 07:39 PM
There should be a pro game on today. (The ponies suck)

There are more 3 and outs than I expected

Okie35
8/31/2014, 07:43 PM
I mean I don't like Baylor but you've got to be kidding me ... The trainers said he's fine and he's gimping around

bluedogok
8/31/2014, 07:51 PM
It's just apart of their offense
I know but they aren't really playing against a defense...are they? Doesn't look like SMU brought one.

FaninAma
8/31/2014, 07:57 PM
What's the over and under on personal fouls called on Baylor in this game. On the late hit out of bounds the stripes missed a blatant hands to the face mask by a Baylor d-line.

Petty gimping around badly with a 31-0 leas and still in. You stay classy Art.

Okie35
8/31/2014, 07:58 PM
I know but they aren't really playing against a defense...are they? Doesn't look like SMU brought one.

They're getting more stops than I thought they would ... Petty is gimping around from the shots they are giving him

SicEmBaylor
8/31/2014, 08:22 PM
Why the **** is Petty still in the game. FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, PUT SETH INTO THE GAME!!!

Therealsouthsider
8/31/2014, 10:33 PM
...."Did you ever watch Boz put someone on their back?"

....that's a little personal, don't ya think?

ss

Okie35
9/1/2014, 07:32 PM
They better sit petty ... Back problems arent a joke plus I don't want any excuses when we destroy Baylor

And now he has two cracked vertebrae

SicEmBaylor
9/2/2014, 11:11 AM
And now he has two cracked vertebrae

Two cracked transverse vertebrae. Supposedly it's the kind of injury that won't get worse from playing, but it's a matter of how much pain he can tolerate. Will take time to heal by all accounts. I would sit him out at least this week.

They'll have to physically restrain him from going out on the field. Pain or no pain. Which is kind of the difference between he and Griff. As much as I love RGIII, and God knows I love that big black man, he never seemed to tolerate pain well. Petty is another story. You could break both of Petty's legs into a thousand pieces, and he'd still crawl out on the field to take a snap.

KantoSooner
9/2/2014, 11:26 AM
Interesting changes in the Big 12 this week:
Petty injured and Ash probably done for career. (along with his center gone for the year). Man, the way college football teams can see the season change in such a short time.