PDA

View Full Version : 2Q GDP revised UP to 4.2%

Sooner8th
8/28/2014, 04:06 PM
Real gross domestic product -- the output of goods and services produced by labor and property
located in the United States -- increased at an annual rate of 4.2 percent in the second quarter of 2014,
according to the "second" estimate released by the Bureau of Economic Analysis.

http://www.bea.gov/newsreleases/national/gdp/gdpnewsrelease.htm

CK Sooner
8/28/2014, 04:40 PM
thanks obama

REDREX
8/28/2014, 04:43 PM
And -2.1% in the first Qtr-----Thanks Obama

dwarthog
8/28/2014, 04:48 PM
The Congressional Budget Office on Wednesday forecast that the U.S. economy will grow by just 1.5 percent in 2014,

http://www.usatoday.com/story/money/business/2014/08/27/cbo-economic-forecast/14677485/

REDREX
8/28/2014, 05:08 PM
More Taxes and Regulation are not good for economic growth-----Even Obama should know that

Sooner8th
8/28/2014, 05:24 PM
http://www.usatoday.com/story/money/business/2014/08/27/cbo-economic-forecast/14677485/

Black lining to a silver cloud.

From the same article -

Looking ahead, the CBO said it expected the economy to grow by 3.4 percent over 2015 and 2016, and predicted that the unemployment rate would remain below 6 percent into the future.

The economy went into reverse at the beginning of this year, reeling from an unusually harsh winter that disrupted consumer spending, factory production and other business activity.

Growth in the gross domestic product, the economy's total output of goods and services, recovered in the second quarter, advancing at an annual rate of 4 percent, according to the government's first estimate. That forecast will be revised on Thursday.

Even with the rebound, economists have lowered their outlook for the entire year, given the weak start. Economists at JPMorgan Chase are forecasting that the economy will grow by 1.9 percent this year, when measured from the fourth quarter, down from 3.1 percent in 2013.

Even though it's down from 3.1% last year it is still higher bush's average of 1.37%

Thanks dubya - cuttin' taxes sure did spur on the economy under bush.

Sooner8th
8/28/2014, 05:25 PM

That is before the revision.

Sooner8th
8/28/2014, 05:30 PM
And -2.1% in the first Qtr-----Thanks Obama

bush turned a growing economy into a recession.

Obama turned a recession into a growing economy.

The president says YOU ARE WELCOME.

REDREX
8/28/2014, 05:30 PM
So What ?-----When are the better paying jobs coming back?----Tell all that good news to the kids that are now out of college and can't find a job

Sooner8th
8/28/2014, 08:11 PM
So What ?-----When are the better paying jobs coming back?----Tell all that good news to the kids that are now out of college and can't find a job

We are coming out of a very bad recession, jobs always lag behind the recovery. Let's talk about the 875,000 good private sector jobs lost under bush. Then we can talk about the 925,000 public sector jobs the republicans got rid of over the last six years. Four kids in my family have graduated college over the past couple of years and all of them have found good paying jobs in their field.

REDREX
8/28/2014, 08:14 PM
We are coming out of a very bad recession, jobs always lag behind the recovery. Let's talk about the 875,000 good private sector jobs lost under bush. Then we can talk about the 925,000 public sector jobs the republicans got rid of over the last six years. Four kids in my family have graduated college over the past couple of years and all of them have found good paying jobs in their field.----What does Bush have to do with today?---The problems started with the stupid rules on lending----see Barney Frank-----Obama has had nothing to do with things getting better his stupid policies have held the economy back-----Please show me one person or give me one example of higher taxes and more regulation HELPING economic growth

REDREX
8/28/2014, 08:16 PM

The president says YOU ARE WELCOME.---The President is a disengaged Fool you just won't admit it

Sooner8th
8/28/2014, 08:29 PM
---The President is a disengaged Fool you just won't admit it

The deepest recession since the depression, losing 750,000 per MONTH, gdp heading to -2.8% in his first year, now there is 200,000+ jobs and a gdp average of around 2.0% that includes 2009. He is doing a good job, you just won't admit it.

REDREX
8/28/2014, 08:36 PM
The deepest recession since the depression, losing 750,000 per MONTH, gdp heading to -2.8% in his first year, now there is 200,000+ jobs and a gdp average of around 2.0% that includes 2009. He is doing a good job, you just won't admit it.---I guess that's why is so popular

REDREX
8/28/2014, 08:37 PM
Still waiting for those examples of taxes and regulation helping economic growth

Sooner8th
8/28/2014, 08:46 PM
Still waiting for those examples of taxes and regulation helping economic growth

Show me where you asked for it.

I was under the impression that obama has raised taxes and regulations, but the economy is growing.

bush cuttin' taxes and regulations sure as hell didn't help the economy.

REDREX
8/28/2014, 08:48 PM
Show me where you asked for it.

I was under the assumption that obama has raised taxes and regulations, but the economy is growing.

bush cuttin' taxes and regulations sure as hell didn't help the economy.---You can look for yourself----Show me any examples of tax and regulation helping economic growth ----please keep in mind that the Obama recovery is one of if not the weakest in history

Sooner8th
8/28/2014, 08:54 PM
---You can look for yourself----Show me any examples of tax and regulation helping economic growth ----please keep in mind that the Obama recovery is one of if not the weakest in history

You mean this?

More Taxes and Regulation are not good for economic growth-----Even Obama should know that

I don't see anywhere you asked me to show you.

See Big Bill Clinton! 3.8% gdp 20 MILLION jobs, raisin' taxes and regulations.

Conservatives are beating up obama for raisin' taxes and regulations and the economy is growing. A hell of a lot more than when bush was in office.

Now you are saying that recovery isn't good enough - a hell of a lot better than cuttin' taxes and regulations bush!

REDREX
8/28/2014, 08:57 PM
Why does everything about Obama have to include Bush-----Barack has been President for almost 6 years when is he going to stand on his own two feet------Don't look too hard you won't find any examples of increased tax and regulation helping economic growth

Sooner8th
8/28/2014, 09:41 PM
Why does everything about Obama have to include Bush-----Barack has been President for almost 6 years when is he going to stand on his own two feet------Don't look too hard you won't find any examples of increased tax and regulation helping economic growth

He is standing on his own. Has brought us back from the depths of the recession the tax cuttin' and regulations cuttin' bush administration got us into.

Clinton raised taxes and regulations - I showed you that last post.

How about that time when republicans passed into law not regulating credit default swap and it ended tanking the economy? Cuttin' those regulations sure helped the economy.

Sooner8th
8/28/2014, 10:37 PM

The reason bush is included is because under bush you got exactly what you wanted, tax cuts and regulations relaxed and it simply didn't work out. Now under obama, according to conservatives it's tax increases and regulation increases and the economy is doing ten times better now than under bush.

FaninAma
8/29/2014, 12:51 AM
Please stop engaging this cult member. Obama's entire economic policy consists of the Federal Reserve flooding the economy with printed money. It cannot last forever. I suspect the Fed punch bowl runs dry within 2 years.

Sooner8th
8/29/2014, 07:09 AM
Please stop engaging this cult member. Obama's entire economic policy consists of the Federal Reserve flooding the economy with printed money. It cannot last forever. I suspect the Fed punch bowl runs dry within 2 years.

Talk about cult members, cuttin' taxes and regulations always spurs on the economy. Show me how that worked under bush. 825,000 private sector jobs lost 1.67% average gdp. The facts are not on your side, yet you continue to want to do the same thing over and over.

dwarthog
8/29/2014, 07:40 AM

Ah so you are a Truther.

That explains a lot.

dwarthog
8/29/2014, 07:50 AM
Black lining to a silver cloud.

From the same article -

Looking ahead, the CBO said it expected the economy to grow by 3.4 percent over 2015 and 2016, and predicted that the unemployment rate would remain below 6 percent into the future.

The economy went into reverse at the beginning of this year, reeling from an unusually harsh winter that disrupted consumer spending, factory production and other business activity.

Growth in the gross domestic product, the economy's total output of goods and services, recovered in the second quarter, advancing at an annual rate of 4 percent, according to the government's first estimate. That forecast will be revised on Thursday.

Even with the rebound, economists have lowered their outlook for the entire year, given the weak start. Economists at JPMorgan Chase are forecasting that the economy will grow by 1.9 percent this year, when measured from the fourth quarter, down from 3.1 percent in 2013.

Even though it's down from 3.1% last year it is still higher bush's average of 1.37%

Thanks dubya - cuttin' taxes sure did spur on the economy under bush.

An endless list of excuses for failed policies.

It snowed.

Dog ate the financial plan we were going to enact before we could get it passed by congress.

Oh wait, 0.0% of Obama's submitted budgets passed congress. Even in the democratically controlled senate.

Isn't there anything else you can do after 6 years of failures beside blaming something or someone else for the inability to perform?

Sooner in Tampa
8/29/2014, 09:53 AM

Easy now, dip****...you are being a revisionist

There are increasing signs that the US economy is heading towards a recession as major corporations—from the auto industry, to banking, to technology, to consumer goods—have announced far weaker than expected sales and earnings and a new round of mass layoffs and plant closings.

The Federal Open Market Committee stated, “the drag on demand and profits from rising energy prices, as well as eroding consumer confidence, reports of substantial shortfalls in sales and earnings and stress in some segments of the financial markets, suggest that economic activity may be slowing further.”

Greenspan, who was the first official figure to meet President-elect George W. Bush in Washington Monday morning, has often spoken of his desire to engineer a “soft-landing” of the economy. But even if the Fed reverses policy and lowers interest rates as expected at the beginning of the new year, there is no guarantee that the economy will not slide into a full-scale recession or even depression.

On Tuesday, DaimlerChrysler AG's faltering Chrysler Group in the US told shareholders that it is on pace to lose a staggering $1.4 billion in the fourth quarter and next year could be even worse. Analysts say the company, which has already temporarily idled a number of plants in the US and Canada, will have to eliminate between 20,000 and 40,000 jobs to return to profitability

The first ever profit warnings by Microsoft on December 14 highlighted a series of scaled-back projections by computer and computer-related companies over the last two weeks. In addition to the software maker, Apple, Dell, Compaq, Gateway, Intel, Hewlett-Packard and Advanced Micro Devices all announced lower than expected earnings.

On Monday, Aetna, the nation's largest health insurance company, announced that it would eliminate 5,000 jobs, about 13 percent of its workforce.

Gillette announced Monday that it would shut down eight factories and 13 distribution centers and lay off 2,700 employees, or 8 percent of its workforce.

Last week the biggest US home appliance maker, Whirlpool, announced that it planned to cut up to 6,300 jobs, or about 10 percent of its workforce, because of weakening demand for its products.

New York banks Chase Manhattan Corp. and J.P. Morgan & Co. said their expected merger would result in 5,000 job cuts, increasing the total from a previous estimate of 3,200.

Among other companies announcing job cuts in the past month, Unisys Corp. said it will eliminate 2,000 jobs, Dun & Bradstreet Corp. will slash 1,000 jobs and Guilford Mills will cut 550. Among computer-related companies, Ask Jeeves, an Internet search engine, cut 25 percent of its workforce, or 180 positions, Merisel announced the layoff of 200 workers and Digital Broadband Communications announced it was eliminating 450 of its 526 employees and seeking a buyer.

http://www.wsws.org/en/articles/2000/12/econ-d20.html

BOOOMING Economy my ***!!!!

Sooner8th
8/29/2014, 09:57 AM
An endless list of excuses for failed policies.

It snowed.

Dog ate the financial plan we were going to enact before we could get it passed by congress.

Oh wait, 0.0% of Obama's submitted budgets passed congress. Even in the democratically controlled senate.

Isn't there anything else you can do after 6 years of failures beside blaming something or someone else for the inability to perform?

Yep, it snowed. Take a look at any economist and they will tell you that is why the economys growth was down the first quarter. Explain the 4.2% growth in the second.

Sooner8th
8/29/2014, 09:59 AM
Easy now, dip****...you are being a revisionist

BOOOMING Economy my ***!!!!

What am I revising?

So, with the name calling. NICE

Show me where I said booming economy.

Sooner in Tampa
8/29/2014, 10:08 AM
What am I revising?

So, with the name calling. NICE

Show me where I said booming economy.

Growing/booming...the fact remains that the economy was neither...the Y2K scare was over and the IT boom was ending. The writing was on the wall...

Clinton gets way too much credit for the economic boom that was tied to massive IT business growth.

Bush inherited a **** sandwich and made it worse...but to be fair...he had help

dwarthog
8/29/2014, 10:13 AM
Yep, it snowed. Take a look at any economist and they will tell you that is why the economys growth was down the first quarter. Explain the 4.2% growth in the second.

Yep, cold wind from the north is enough to blow this tepid recovery out of the water. Really showcases how weak the recovery truly is, doesn't it.

Yet for some strange reason planes knocking the World Trade towers down, key financial institutes, enemy attack and all that stuff is Bush's fault.

Great logic.

Sooner8th
8/29/2014, 10:19 AM
Growing/booming...the fact remains that the economy was neither...the Y2K scare was over and the IT boom was ending. The writing was on the wall...

Clinton gets way too much credit for the economic boom that was tied to massive IT business growth.

Bush inherited a **** sandwich and made it worse...but to be fair...he had help

OOOHHHHHH so now you put words in my mouth. growing/booming, big differences. It was still under clinton, if that is true under clinton then the same can be said for reagan.

4.85% gdp in 1999 and 4.09% growth in 2000 is a sh!t sandwich? really? Then in 2001 it was .95%. Remind me what bush too office.

So bush had help? You mean deregulating credit default swaps? I thought cutting regulations helped the economy.

Sooner in Tampa
8/29/2014, 10:51 AM
OOOHHHHHH so now you put words in my mouth. growing/booming, big differences. It was still under clinton, if that is true under clinton then the same can be said for reagan.

4.85% gdp in 1999 and 4.09% growth in 2000 is a sh!t sandwich? really? Then in 2001 it was .95%. Remind me what bush too office.

So bush had help? You mean deregulating credit default swaps? I thought cutting regulations helped the economy.

Jesus, Mary, and Joseph...you are one dense little lib flag waver aren't you? Do you even read/grasp counterpoints that don't agree with your Messiah or his party?

READ THE NUMBERS OF ALL THE JOB CUTS PRIOR TO BUSH BEING SWORN IN!!!! The sh!t started before has was in office!

And...just like dwarthog already point out..."Yet for some strange reason planes knocking the World Trade towers down, key financial institutes, enemy attack and all that stuff is Bush's fault"

Sooner8th
8/29/2014, 11:19 AM
Jesus, Mary, and Joseph...you are one dense little lib flag waver aren't you? Do you even read/grasp counterpoints that don't agree with your Messiah or his party?

READ THE NUMBERS OF ALL THE JOB CUTS PRIOR TO BUSH BEING SWORN IN!!!! The sh!t started before has was in office!

And...just like dwarthog already point out..."Yet for some strange reason planes knocking the World Trade towers down, key financial institutes, enemy attack and all that stuff is Bush's fault"

Here is the unemployment rate for 1999, 2000 and 2001

Year Jan Feb Mar Apr May Jun Jul Aug Sep Oct Nov Dec Annual
1999 4.3 4.4 4.2 4.3 4.2 4.3 4.3 4.2 4.2 4.1 4.1 4.0
2000 4.0 4.1 4.0 3.8 4.0 4.0 4.0 4.1 3.9 3.9 3.9 3.9
2001 4.2 4.2 4.3 4.4 4.3 4.5 4.6 4.9 5.0 5.3 5.5 5.7

HHHUUMMMMM unemployment dropping it came up in January then pretty level until july. No **** sandwich here and no one month of job losses "prior" to bush being sworn in.

Where do you get this at?

Of course the terrorist attacks hurt the economy during his first year, I don't see you giving obama a pass on 2009.

Sooner8th
8/29/2014, 11:26 AM
Yep, cold wind from the north is enough to blow this tepid recovery out of the water. Really showcases how weak the recovery truly is, doesn't it.

Yet for some strange reason planes knocking the World Trade towers down, key financial institutes, enemy attack and all that stuff is Bush's fault.

Great logic.

YES - from forbes;

“The bad weather in much of the U.S. in early 2014 was a significant drag on the economy, disrupting production, construction, and shipments, and deterring home and auto sales,” wrote PNC Senior Economist Gus Faucher in a note out prior to the release. “But data show growth rebounding in the second quarter, with improvements in home and auto sales and residential construction.”

In an interview following the release Stephen Auth, Chief Investment Officer at Federated Investors, called the revision “pretty incredible” but says that underlying trends have shown improvement that has simply been “masked” by the weather. He expects second quarter GDP growth to come in north of 4% and continual market gains.

Funny how you say tepid when the growth under obama is higher than the growth under bush.

No one said 9/11 wasn't a factor (we can argue about it bushs fault on another thread), but I don't see any conservative giving obama a pass on 2009.

Bourbon St Sooner
8/29/2014, 12:58 PM
YES - from forbes;

“The bad weather in much of the U.S. in early 2014 was a significant drag on the economy, disrupting production, construction, and shipments, and deterring home and auto sales,” wrote PNC Senior Economist Gus Faucher in a note out prior to the release. “But data show growth rebounding in the second quarter, with improvements in home and auto sales and residential construction.”

In an interview following the release Stephen Auth, Chief Investment Officer at Federated Investors, called the revision “pretty incredible” but says that underlying trends have shown improvement that has simply been “masked” by the weather. He expects second quarter GDP growth to come in north of 4% and continual market gains.

Funny how you say tepid when the growth under obama is higher than the growth under bush.

No one said 9/11 wasn't a factor (we can argue about it bushs fault on another thread), but I don't see any conservative giving obama a pass on 2009.

So, is Krugman's mantra that austerity doesn't work now dead in liberal circles or are you just spewing garbage from the DNC web site? Wasn't it the administration feeding the hysteria about sequestration bringing and end to the world as we know it and if we don't pass his stimulus bill we'll all be in soup lines? What exactly are Obama's policies that have led to such astounding growth.

REDREX
8/29/2014, 02:15 PM
Barack Obama "We don't have a strategy yet"---------- I think that says it all

Sooner8th
8/29/2014, 04:39 PM
So, is Krugman's mantra that austerity doesn't work now dead in liberal circles or are you just spewing garbage from the DNC web site? Wasn't it the administration feeding the hysteria about sequestration bringing and end to the world as we know it and if we don't pass his stimulus bill we'll all be in soup lines? What exactly are Obama's policies that have led to such astounding growth.

Where do you get your information at? Read below - the first one is from Goldman Sachs economist Jan Hatzius Then tell me again how it didn't hurt the economy.

http://www.businessinsider.com/sequester-finally-hurting-2013-9

http://www.businessweek.com/articles/2013-08-21/please-stop-saying-the-sequester-is-good-for-growth

http://money.cnn.com/2013/07/30/news/economy/gdp-slowdown/index.html?iid=EL

http://articles.latimes.com/2013/apr/19/business/la-fi-economy-imf-20130419

http://ourfuture.org/20140822/austerity-has-made-europes-depression-longer-than-in-30s

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/wonkblog/wp/2012/10/12/imf-austerity-is-much-worse-for-the-economy-than-we-thought/

Bourbon St Sooner
8/30/2014, 10:39 AM
Where do you get your information at? Read below - the first one is from Goldman Sachs economist Jan Hatzius Then tell me again how it didn't hurt the economy.

http://www.businessweek.com/articles/2013-08-21/please-stop-saying-the-sequester-is-good-for-growth

http://money.cnn.com/2013/07/30/news/economy/gdp-slowdown/index.html?iid=EL

http://articles.latimes.com/2013/apr/19/business/la-fi-economy-imf-20130419

http://ourfuture.org/20140822/austerity-has-made-europes-depression-longer-than-in-30s

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/wonkblog/wp/2012/10/12/imf-austerity-is-much-worse-for-the-economy-than-we-thought/

A bunch of 2013 articles. You got anything more recent little buddy? I mean, you're the one touting how great this economy is. You still haven't defined what Obama policies have led to this economic miracle.

Turd_Ferguson
8/30/2014, 11:11 AM
A bunch of 2013 articles. You got anything more recent little buddy? I mean, you're the one touting how great this economy is. You still haven't defined what Obama policies have led to this economic miracle.

Careful, she'll start crying and call you a meanie.

The Remnant
8/30/2014, 12:07 PM
High taxes and regulations are really working well in California.

okiewaker
8/30/2014, 12:27 PM
Even Obamas sh!tty policies can stop a persevering private sector. Anyone who thinks Obama is responsible for anything GOOD that happens to the economy is delusional and moronic.

Sooner8th
8/30/2014, 12:38 PM

Sequestration started March 1, 2013. I was just showing it hurt the economy.

Sooner8th
8/30/2014, 12:41 PM
Even Obamas sh!tty policies can stop a persevering private sector. Anyone who thinks Obama is responsible for anything GOOD that happens to the economy is delusional and moronic.

Tell me specifically what "sh!tty policies" Obama has implemented that has hurt the private sector.

So ANYTHING good that happens in the economy is definitely not due to Obama?

olevetonahill
8/30/2014, 12:43 PM
KC's Lord and Master

https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xpa1/t1.0-9/10383647_818974808162650_9062554689422814166_n.jpg

Sooner8th
8/30/2014, 01:13 PM
KC's Lord and Master

https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xpa1/t1.0-9/10383647_818974808162650_9062554689422814166_n.jpg

ol vets lord and master

http://thebobofiles.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/12/george-bush-no-brains.jpg

olevetonahill
8/30/2014, 01:20 PM
ol vets lord and master

http://thebobofiles.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/12/george-bush-no-brains.jpg

Do you have Penis envy of W er what? every time any one mentions Yer Mooslum lover you have to drag W into it.
Sides you havn't heard me defend Bush the way YOU come out with yer little pee pee swingin to defend obammy. :highly_amused:

okiewaker
8/30/2014, 01:59 PM

Tell me specifically what "sh!tty policies" Obama has implemented that has hurt the private sector.

So ANYTHING good that happens in the economy is definitely not due to Obama?

Although Law and not necessarily a single policy...Obamacare.

Sooner8th
8/30/2014, 02:18 PM

Remember - Obamacare is a conservative republican idea.

Sooner8th
8/30/2014, 02:21 PM

So obamacare was fully implemented this year. How did it hurt the economy for the last five?

okiewaker
8/30/2014, 02:31 PM

So obamacare was fully implemented this year. How did it hurt the economy for the last five?

Key word "fully" but since my copays and offices visits doubled and my deductible tripled over the year, I don't spend near as much on incidentals. Probly much like most of working America..

LesNessman
8/30/2014, 02:58 PM
High taxes and regulations are really working well in California.

And Detroit.

LesNessman
8/30/2014, 03:00 PM
So if the really cold weather had such an impact on the economy, why does Obama keep touting global warming as such a big problem?

LesNessman
8/30/2014, 03:10 PM
Remember - Obamacare is a conservative republican idea.

Sure it is. That's why every republican legislator voted against it, and it took bribes (conhusker kickback) and lies (promise to Stupak) to pass it.

Sooner8th
8/30/2014, 03:35 PM
So if the really cold weather had such an impact on the economy, why does Obama keep touting global warming as such a big problem?

Sure it is. That's why every republican legislator voted against it, and it took bribes (conhusker kickback) and lies (promise to Stupak) to pass it.

If you don't know that every economist has said the weather was the problem with the 1Q gdp, there is no need to try to have a discussion.

Of course it is a conservative republican idea. It came from the heritage foundation.

okiewaker
8/30/2014, 04:40 PM
I believe cold weather happens every year around a certain time of the year. It aynt something new or unforeseen. Cold weather has been happening for a looooooooong time. For it to be used as an excuse under this POS prez b/c he's so god dayum stupid is utterly ridiculous. Ppl need to quit making excuses for him. Quit pampering him.

Sooner8th
8/30/2014, 04:59 PM
I believe cold weather happens every year around a certain time of the year. It aynt something new or unforeseen. Cold weather has been happening for a looooooooong time. For it to be used as an excuse under this POS prez b/c he's so god dayum stupid is utterly ridiculous. Ppl need to quit making excuses for him. Quit pampering him.

We have gone over this before, google any legitimate economist on 1Q 2014 gdp and they all same the same thing.

okiewaker
8/30/2014, 05:10 PM

We have gone over this before, google any legitimate economist on 1Q 2014 gdp and they all same the same thing.

8th I understand. My point was that cold weather happens every year, and we know when it's coming. It's a lame excuse to be brought up. That is all.

Sooner8th
9/1/2014, 09:42 PM

8th I understand. My point was that cold weather happens every year, and we know when it's coming. It's a lame excuse to be brought up. That is all.

I am going to try my hardest to have a civil discourse on this but, I cannot believe you still want to argue this point. This is yet another example of the right freaking out about something that when it happened to any other president it wasn't seen as an excuse but as a REASON. No one is making an "excuse for him". It is the reality.

Is the chief economist at JP Morgan making excuses for Obama?

Is Financial Services Group Senior Economist Gus Faucher making excuses?

“When you step back and think about the fundamentals, nothing’s really changed,” said Aneta Markowska, chief U.S. economist at Societe Generale in New York. “The household balance sheet has still improved quite a bit. Other than the weather, it’s hard to explain fundamentally why the economy would suddenly roll over and take a turn for the worse.”

Most economists on Wall Street and at the Federal Reserve blame a very cold winter for much of the slowdown. Experts are now predicting that the annual pace of growth will rise to between 3 percent and 4 percent in the current quarter, and data so far for April and May appears to be much more robust.

In short, the larger contraction in GDP in the first quarter is not a sign that the US is suffering from a fundamental slowdown – it was still largely due to the extreme weather. The latest data are consistent with growth in the second quarter rebounding to at least 3.0%. –Paul Dales, Capital Economics

"This quarter was impacted heavily by the weather. Growth is down, but not out, not by a long shot, and we look for it to quicken later on in the spring," said Chris Rupkey, chief financial economist at Bank of Tokyo-Mitsubishi UFJ in New York.

How many more economists do I have to quote to drive the point home? The only people who are whining and saying that it's an excuse are faux "news" and republicans.

We can never get to the heart of our problems and solve them when there is a group of people who are willing to not accept reality while choosing to believe in a politically driven alternate reality. We end up spending our time trying to convince the deniers that reality is actually the truth.

champions77
9/3/2014, 04:50 PM
The deepest recession since the depression, losing 750,000 per MONTH, gdp heading to -2.8% in his first year, now there is 200,000+ jobs and a gdp average of around 2.0% that includes 2009. He is doing a good job, you just won't admit it.

So what about the lowest labor participation since 1978 or the 50 million on food stamps?

High corporate taxes and suffocating regulations are not how you expand economies. We could do so much more if we had a "capitalist" in there. The Community Reinvestment Act, a brainchild of the Democratic Party sunk Bush's economy. BHO has done everything possible to hinder economic growth. Any successes in the economy were not a result of any policy BHO set forth.

REDREX
9/3/2014, 04:57 PM
So what about the lowest labor participation since 1978 or the 50 million on food stamps?

High corporate taxes and suffocating regulations are not how you expand economies. We could do so much more if we had a "capitalist" in there. The Community Reinvestment Act, a brainchild of the Democratic Party sunk Bush's economy. BHO has done everything possible to hinder economic growth. Any successes in the economy were not a result of any policy BHO set forth.----Correct

Sooner in Tampa
9/3/2014, 08:07 PM

High corporate taxes and suffocating regulations are not how you expand economies. We could do so much more if we had a "capitalist" in there. The Community Reinvestment Act, a brainchild of the Democratic Party sunk Bush's economy. BHO has done everything possible to hinder economic growth. Any successes in the economy were not a result of any policy BHO set forth.

Don't expect an answer...great points are ignored

Turd_Ferguson
9/3/2014, 08:18 PM
Don't expect an answer...great points are ignored

Oh, he'll answer. He's still typing and retyping his ****'n lies he's gonna try to feed ya.

Sooner8th
9/3/2014, 10:31 PM

Just regurgitating RNC talking points. It shows you have no idea what you are talking about.

Sooner in Tampa
9/4/2014, 06:58 AM
Just regurgitating RNC talking points. It shows you have no idea what you are talking about.

http://data.bls.gov/timeseries/LNS11300000

Hit the link there lemming...RNC talking points my ***

Those are your ****in government numbers!!

Sooner8th
9/4/2014, 08:38 AM
http://data.bls.gov/timeseries/LNS11300000

Hit the link there lemming...RNC talking points my ***

Those are your ****in government numbers!!

Each one of these we have gone over on this board.

lowest labor participation since 1978 - about 1/2 of a percentage point on unemployment or ~800k

50 million on food stamps - who drove us into the republican rescission to begin with? REPUBLICANS!

High corporate taxes and suffocating regulations are not how you expand economies. - record high corporate profits, you expand economies by DEMAND.

We could do so much more if we had a "capitalist" in there. - even the faux "news" producer who started this doesn't believe it.

The Community Reinvestment Act, a brainchild of the Democratic Party sunk Bush's economy. - TOO ****ING FUNNY! It was the REPUCLIAN IDEA to not regulate credit default swaps. Revisionist history.

BHO has done everything possible to hinder economic growth. - The teabagging republicans in congress who have fought everything from extending unemployment benifits to debt ceiling fights to shutting down the government to cutting government spending during a recession are the real culprit here.

Any successes in the economy were not a result of any policy BHO set forth. - American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009 Economists agree: Stimulus created nearly 3 million jobs. Eighteen months later, the consensus among economists is that the stimulus worked in staving off a rerun of the 1930s.

http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/money/economy/2010-08-30-stimulus30_CV_N.htm

dwarthog
9/4/2014, 08:58 AM

lowest labor participation since 1978 - about 1/2 of a percentage point on unemployment or ~800k

50 million on food stamps - who drove us into the republican rescission to begin with? REPUBLICANS!

High corporate taxes and suffocating regulations are not how you expand economies. - record high corporate profits, you expand economies by DEMAND.

We could do so much more if we had a "capitalist" in there. - even the faux "news" producer who started this doesn't believe it.

The Community Reinvestment Act, a brainchild of the Democratic Party sunk Bush's economy. - TOO ****ING FUNNY! It was the REPUCLIAN IDEA to not regulate credit default swaps. Revisionist history.

BHO has done everything possible to hinder economic growth. - The teabagging republicans in congress who have fought everything from extending unemployment benifits to debt ceiling fights to shutting down the government to cutting government spending during a recession are the real culprit here.

Any successes in the economy were not a result of any policy BHO set forth. - American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009 Economists agree: Stimulus created nearly 3 million jobs. Eighteen months later, the consensus among economists is that the stimulus worked in staving off a rerun of the 1930s.

Funny stuff.

If you want a temp job or if you can say "would you like to supersize" that, then you guys are quite the job creation machine!

Sooner in Tampa
9/4/2014, 09:44 AM
Oh boy...

lowest labor participation since 1978 - about 1/2 of a percentage point on unemployment or ~800k Yep...just poo poo these numbers

A shrinking workforce saps the U.S. of the manpower needed to boost the expansion to a higher level, keeping the world’s largest economy merely plodding along. It also undercuts the theory that sustained growth alone will be enough to attract more Americans, from students to people discouraged over employment prospects, back into the hunt for jobs.

50 million on food stamps - who drove us into the republican rescission to begin with? REPUBLICANS! HAHAHA...Obama is the Food Stamp President and it's the Republicans fault??? How the **** does that work? You brother has been the boss for 6 years...when does his start being accountable???

Obama as an entitlement president (http://money.cnn.com/2011/04/12/news/economy/government_safety_net/index.htm?iid=EL), said Robert Rector, senior research fellow at the conservative Heritage Foundation. Spending on income-based programs, such as food stamps, has increased by one-third to $900 billion under Obama. There are 70 such programs. "He is massively expanding spending on welfare-related programs," Rector said. "Food stamps is a symbol of that growth."

High corporate taxes and suffocating regulations are not how you expand economies. - record high corporate profits, you expand economies by DEMAND. This is a general difference of opinion, high corporate taxes stop new businesses from being started and/or having companies relocate...ala Burger King...Look at the UK for goodness sakes, they had a tax rate of 24% and on 1 April 2015, it will be 20%...novel ****ing idea

The Community Reinvestment Act, a brainchild of the Democratic Party sunk Bush's economy. - TOO ****ING FUNNY! It was the REPUCLIAN IDEA to not regulate credit default swaps. Revisionist history. To be fair, the Community Reinvest Act was a bipartisan deal-Passed the House on May 11, 1977 (369-20 (http://www.govtrack.us/congress/votes/95-1977/h203))-Passed the Senate on June 7, 1977 (79-7 (http://www.govtrack.us/congress/votes/95-1977/s177))

BHO has done everything possible to hinder economic growth. - The teabagging republicans in congress who have fought everything from extending unemployment benifits to debt ceiling fights to shutting down the government to cutting government spending during a recession are the real culprit here. What? 99 weeks of unemployment is not enough? Everything is the Republicans fault...typical DNC answer

352 House bills "sitting on Harry Reid’s desk awaiting action," including 55 introduced by Democrats.

Any successes in the economy were not a result of any policy BHO set forth. - American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009 Economists agree: Stimulus created nearly 3 million jobs. Eighteen months later, the consensus among economists is that the stimulus worked in staving off a rerun of the 1930s. Nice article ~ DNC talking points? Not everyone agrees with your side.

The White House predicted that in 2012 the economy would grow by 4.6 percent, unemployment would drop to 6 percent, and the budget deficit would shrink to a mere 3.5 percent of GDP.

Well, here we are, and no one is talking about these predictions anymore. Real economic growth has stagnated at 2 percent, while official unemployment hovers near 8 percent and actual unemployment remains in the double-digits. Adding insult to injury, the only growth the stimulus spending has actually produced is a ballooning of the deficit to 8.5 percent of GDP. Only in Washington, D.C. could the idea of overspending our way out of a financial hole be taken seriously. It is almost as if, in addition to checking common sense when crossing the D.C. beltway, no one in government learns from past mistakes.

Sooner8th
9/4/2014, 10:05 AM
Oh boy...

Real economic growth has stagnated at 2 percent,

You keep forgetting it was 1.69% under bush. You keep forgetting that under bush 825,000 PRIVATE SECTOR JOBS LOSSES. Why is it that you and yours are freaking out about how obama is doing when he is kicking bush's and his policies you want put back into place @ss?

Sooner in Tampa
9/4/2014, 10:19 AM

You keep forgetting it was 1.69% under bush. You keep forgetting that under bush 825,000 PRIVATE SECTOR JOBS LOSSES. Why is it that you and yours are freaking out about how obama is doing when he is kicking bush's and his policies you want put back into place @ss?

Dude...get over it...Bush hasn't been the President for SIX ****IN YEARS!!!! MOVE THE **** ON!!!

champions77
9/4/2014, 10:36 AM
Dude...get over it...Bush hasn't been the President for SIX ****IN YEARS!!!! MOVE THE **** ON!!!

He'll be squealing the same thing 20 years from now, Bush, Bush Bush.

When you have nothing substantive to hang your hat on in 5 plus years...you blame someone else. It deflects the spotlight away from yourself. You can measure a person's character in many different ways. For someone to not own up to anything, and continue to blame and whine about someone else...speaks volumes about BHO the man. I don't think "excuses" is one of the virtues of what makes up great leaders, at least I hope not. Really kind of a pathetic figure.

It takes a different type of President to distance yourself from your allies and then kiss up and apologize to your enemies in order to gain favor. Cancelling the missile defense system in eastern Europe in his first year in office didn't gain the US stronger ties with Russia, it sent a message to Putin that BHO was a weak leader who was alarmingly naïve. The history books will not treat him very kindly.

REDREX
9/4/2014, 10:57 AM

You keep forgetting it was 1.69% under bush. You keep forgetting that under bush 825,000 PRIVATE SECTOR JOBS LOSSES. Why is it that you and yours are freaking out about how obama is doing when he is kicking bush's and his policies you want put back into place @ss?---OK Bush and Obama both suck----- That's not much of an argument----my guy is not as bad as your guy

Sooner8th
9/4/2014, 11:47 AM
He'll be squealing the same thing 20 years from now, Bush, Bush Bush.

When you have nothing substantive to hang your hat on in 5 plus years...you blame someone else. It deflects the spotlight away from yourself. You can measure a person's character in many different ways. For someone to not own up to anything, and continue to blame and whine about someone else...speaks volumes about BHO the man. I don't think "excuses" is one of the virtues of what makes up great leaders, at least I hope not. Really kind of a pathetic figure.

It takes a different type of President to distance yourself from your allies and then kiss up and apologize to your enemies in order to gain favor. Cancelling the missile defense system in eastern Europe in his first year in office didn't gain the US stronger ties with Russia, it sent a message to Putin that BHO was a weak leader who was alarmingly naïve. The history books will not treat him very kindly.

You are missing the point here, as usual. The point is your guys want the same exact policies that bush had! NO DIFFERENCE!

Rightwingnut talking points on russia - did you see bush don ANYTHING when russia and Georgia went to war in 2008? Do you think him doing nothing but talking tough had anything to do with his actions now? Or is it all on obama now? What is it you and yours want obama to do? EXACTLY what.

REDREX
9/4/2014, 12:05 PM
Why do people try and defend this inept administration ?

Sooner8th
9/4/2014, 12:28 PM
Why do people try and defend this inept administration ?

Why did you people defend bush's inept administration ?

Soonerjeepman
9/4/2014, 12:29 PM
God forbid anyone says anything wrong about a minority...really that is what it comes down to.

Anyone who disagrees with obama and his adm or what they are doing are labeled racists by their supporters. Not right away sometimes, but eventually. 8th has used the pitchfork and torches picture several times...denoting that we are racists. I could care less what color anyone is...

Sooner in Tampa
9/4/2014, 12:35 PM

champions77
9/4/2014, 12:54 PM

Defend Bush? I am a conservative, and Bush was no conservative. But to blame every ill of our country on one man, is really silly and makes your hero seem shallow and without the depth this office demands.

God help us the next time some politician states that he wants to "fundamentally transform America", that the Nation will take notice and demand to know in what ways? Obama's past told us everything we wanted to know, but we (as a country) was mesmerized by his "hope and change" rhetoric and didn't bother to dig into his past. The glaring realization that this man was woefully unqualified for this job is now apparent by most anyone but BHO himself and sycophants like you.

Sooner8th
9/4/2014, 01:08 PM
Defend Bush? I am a conservative, and Bush was no conservative. But to blame every ill of our country on one man, is really silly and makes your hero seem shallow and without the depth this office demands.

God help us the next time some politician states that he wants to "fundamentally transform America", that the Nation will take notice and demand to know in what ways? Obama's past told us everything we wanted to know, but we (as a country) was mesmerized by his "hope and change" rhetoric and didn't bother to dig into his past. The glaring realization that this man was woefully unqualified for this job is now apparent by most anyone but BHO himself and sycophants like you.

First off who is trying to blame it on bush? I blame it on your party. As for blaming one man - that is EXACTLY what you are doing with obama.

Bush not being a conservative? That is laughable, how convenient for you and yours, just as soon as your policies of cuttin' taxes and regulations blow up in our face and we have to dig out of the mess those policies put us in, you, like Judas, deny him being one of yours.

REDREX
9/4/2014, 01:12 PM
First off who is trying to blame it on bush? I blame it on your party. As for blaming one man - that is EXACTLY what you are doing with obama.

Bush not being a conservative? That is laughable, how convenient for you and yours, just as soon as your policies of cuttin' taxes and regulations blow up in our face and we have to dig out of the mess those policies put us in, you, like Judas, deny him being one of yours.---I will be happy to say that this inept administration includes the Dem controlled Senate

olevetonahill
9/4/2014, 01:18 PM
---I will be happy to say that this inept administration includes the Dem controlled Senate

Red, in your Quote of KC did he he Really say he Wasnt Blaming BUSH? Really? or are you making stuff up?

champions77
9/4/2014, 01:24 PM

Bush not being a conservative? That is laughable, how convenient for you and yours, just as soon as your policies of cuttin' taxes and regulations blow up in our face and we have to dig out of the mess those policies put us in, you, like Judas, deny him being one of yours.

So a conservative President would oversee increasing the federal debt by over 4 Trillion and the creation of a new government program, Part D Medicare? Not hardly.

30 Years ago W would have been considered a "liberal". 30 years ago the Tea Party would have represented main stream GOP politics. Only when the Democratic Party...and their radical movement to the far left, does the Tea Party folks seem radical in comparison.

Sooner8th
9/4/2014, 09:53 PM
So a conservative President would oversee increasing the federal debt by over 4 Trillion and the creation of a new government program, Part D Medicare? Not hardly.

30 Years ago W would have been considered a "liberal". 30 years ago the Tea Party would have represented main stream GOP politics. Only when the Democratic Party...and their radical movement to the far left, does the Tea Party folks seem radical in comparison.

Yes, because a conservative president did. dubya was elected as the most conservative president in our nations history. But as soon as he got elected he had to go to the middle because the majority of Americans don't want a "real" conservative as president.

No he would not have, no way shape or form. The tea party has always been to the right of main stream GOP, they are the bastard grandchild of the John Birch society.

olevetonahill
9/4/2014, 11:16 PM
KC /8th is an idiot !
He spans idiocy beyond reason.

REDREX
9/5/2014, 07:04 AM
KC /8th is an idiot !
He spans idiocy beyond reason.---He does believe that his opinions are facts

Sooner8th
9/5/2014, 07:40 AM
---He does believe that his opinions are facts

Let me ask you all a question. Is ronald reagan a "real" conservative?

champions77
9/5/2014, 07:43 AM
Yes, because a conservative president did. dubya was elected as the most conservative president in our nations history. But as soon as he got elected he had to go to the middle because the majority of Americans don't want a "real" conservative as president.

No he would not have, no way shape or form. The tea party has always been to the right of main stream GOP, they are the bastard grandchild of the John Birch society.

So W was elected as a conservative, but soon after had to move to the middle because the majority of Americans didn't want a conservative?

Do you do drugs often?

Sooner8th
9/5/2014, 07:46 AM
So W was elected as a conservative, but soon after had to move to the middle because the majority of Americans didn't want a conservative?

Do you do drugs often?

That was his claim, he ran as a conservitive. Then threw in compassionate to take the edge off, then when he got into office he started cuttin' taxes and easin' regulations and the american people saw what they got and didn't like it. But, he got what "real" conservatives wanted, tax cuts that dropped the top rate.

Turd_Ferguson
9/5/2014, 07:55 AM
That was his claim, he ran as a conservitive. Then threw in compassionate to take the edge off, then when he got into office he started cuttin' taxes and easin' regulations and the american people saw what they got and didn't like it. But, he got what "real" conservatives wanted, tax cuts that dropped the top rate.

ETCOOMS!

Sooner8th
9/5/2014, 08:01 AM

Come on guys answer the question.

Turd_Ferguson
9/5/2014, 08:28 AM
Come on guys answer the question.

Why? So you can respond with your typical obamadong suck'n, ignorant lib *** ****? Every one of your post = suck obamadong, spit, rinse his balls, get in a lather, repeat.

Sooner8th
9/5/2014, 08:30 AM
Why? So you can respond with your typical obamadong suck'n, ignorant lib *** ****? Every one of your post = suck obamadong, spit, rinse his balls, get in a lather, repeat.

What are you afraid of? Me showing how "real" conservatives govern? Answer it.

REDREX
9/5/2014, 09:12 AM
Let me ask you all a question. Is ronald reagan a "real" conservative?---Was JFK a conservative?----He cut taxes ---was strong on defense and tried to kill Castro

SoonerorLater
9/5/2014, 09:20 AM
What are you afraid of? Me showing how "real" conservatives govern? Answer it.

Taking all issues in aggregate, yes. Some issues not as much but mainly conservative.

okie52
9/5/2014, 09:27 AM

And dropped all other tax payers rates...an item that is always omitted by libs.

The "American" people that didn't like W re elected him...go figure.

okie52
9/5/2014, 09:28 AM

Define conservative

Sooner8th
9/5/2014, 10:00 AM
And dropped all other tax payers rates...an item that is always omitted by libs.

The "American" people that didn't like W re elected him...go figure.

You know he ran as a war time president and had to have a coordinated very well funded smear campaign of lies about his opponent to win.

Sooner8th
9/5/2014, 10:03 AM
Define conservative

I am not the one saying "real" conservative. What wrong boys? Can't you say tell me whether or not reagen is a "real" conservative?

SoonerorLater
9/5/2014, 10:08 AM
I am not the one saying "real" conservative. What wrong boys? Can't you say tell me whether or not reagen is a "real" conservative?

I did.

Sooner8th
9/5/2014, 10:33 AM
I did.

So when reagan signed the first substantial expansion of Medicare since it was established in 1965 WITHOUT knowing the costs

http://articles.latimes.com/1988-07-01/news/mn-6526_1_medicare-expansion

AND tripled the debt, adding $2 TRILLION to it.

Is he a real conservative?

SoonerorLater
9/5/2014, 11:01 AM
Is he a real conservative?

As opposed to what? An "unreal" conservative. On a scale of 1 to 10 greater than 5? What?

I already said in aggregate yes, Reagan was conservative.

Sooner8th
9/5/2014, 11:03 AM
As opposed to what? An "unreal" conservative. On a scale of 1 to 10 greater than 5? What?

I already said in aggregate yes, Reagan was conservative.

LOL, I am not the one on here who banters about the "real" conservative label. Tell me was reagan a "real" conservative?

SoonerorLater
9/5/2014, 11:42 AM
LOL, I am not the one on here who banters about the "real" conservative label. Tell me was reagan a "real" conservative?

Well I'm sure not the one who banters about "real" conservative either. Never used the term. This is why discussing anything with you is an exercise in tedium. You either willfully misrepresent or disregard prior comments then try to formulate some gottcha word game. I assume because you just enjoy it as opposed to advancing any particular thoughts.

Reagan on the American political scale was conservative and I can testify he was real. It is unlikely any president is ever going to be conservative enough for me personally. I wouldn't put much faith in any politician to be philosophically pure, Reagan included. I would unequivocally rather take my chances with the policies and appointments of the Reagan administration over those of the Obama Administration.

Sooner8th
9/5/2014, 12:04 PM
Well I'm sure not the one who banters about "real" conservative either. Never used the term. This is why discussing anything with you is an exercise in tedium. You either willfully misrepresent or disregard prior comments then try to formulate some gottcha word game. I assume because you just enjoy it as opposed to advancing any particular thoughts.

Reagan on the American political scale was conservative and I can testify he was real. It is unlikely any president is ever going to be conservative enough for me personally. I wouldn't put much faith in any politician to be philosophically pure, Reagan included. I would unequivocally rather take my chances with the policies and appointments of the Reagan administration over those of the Obama Administration.

And discussing anything with you is an exercise in a futility. The bar is always moving with "conservatives" now bush isn't conservative and according to some's on here parameters reagan isn't one either. This whole who isn't a "real" conservative is a just a smoke screen to hide behind for those on the right for when the people and policies you back blow up in our faces and the economy crashes or deficits and debt goes up or when there are less private sector jobs at the end of the term or when they engage us in a war with no strategy to get us out at the end.

Tell me about the most conservative house delegate in Virginia who became the governor and was just found guilty of corruption to the tune of 9 counts for 30 years in prison. Is he still a conservative now? Or have "conservatives" abandoned him too?

okie52
9/5/2014, 01:50 PM
You know he ran as a war time president and had to have a coordinated very well funded smear campaign of lies about his opponent to win.

Politicians lying? Unheard of. Kind of like "you can keep your doctor and your health insurance plan".

okie52
9/5/2014, 01:54 PM

I didn't say he was a "real" conservative...whatever that is. What do you think a "real" conservative is? Or for that matter, what is a "real" liberal?

REDREX
9/5/2014, 03:17 PM
I still want to know if JFK was a conservative?-----He seems to fit your definition

okie52
9/5/2014, 04:28 PM
I still want to know if JFK was a conservative?-----He seems to fit your definition

dam supply sider

REDREX
9/5/2014, 04:46 PM
Maybe it's not easy to put everyone and every action in a neat little labeled box-----Food for thought

Sooner8th
9/5/2014, 05:57 PM
Maybe it's not easy to put everyone and every action in a neat little labeled box-----Food for thought

So why do you guys try to do it so much?

Sooner8th
9/5/2014, 05:59 PM
I didn't say he was a "real" conservative...whatever that is. What do you think a "real" conservative is? Or for that matter, what is a "real" liberal?

So even you don't know what one is. Is it like porn? You know it when you see it.

Sooner8th
9/5/2014, 06:14 PM
Politicians lying? Unheard of. Kind of like "you can keep your doctor and your health insurance plan".

It wasn't the politicians lying - it was swift boaters.

olevetonahill
9/5/2014, 06:17 PM

Sure it is Sometimes. Its Painfully obvious that KC belongs in the Idiot box

REDREX
9/5/2014, 06:39 PM
So why do you guys try to do it so much?--- WEAK----Was JFK a Conservative?----A very simple question

Sooner8th
9/5/2014, 06:43 PM
--- WEAK

TRUE - your go to is to scream LIBERAL!

REDREX
9/5/2014, 06:46 PM
TRUE - your go to is to scream LIBERAL!---Did I use that word?----You are the one that has spent all day trying to label people

Sooner8th
9/5/2014, 11:59 PM
---Did I use that word?----You are the one that has spent all day trying to label people

You guys, like all conservatives are a joke. OH I haven't used that word......TODAY! You and your party go to defense is LIBERAL! The lemmings grab their pitchforks and torches and head the the polls to keep the socialist, commie, muslim loving democrat out of office. Then you laughably ask condescendingly - MIO? when call on it. Like anyone believes that. You won't answer who is a "real" conservative, because you want to be able to drop them like a rock when they show their true colors. George W Bush, Mark Foley, Mark Stanford, Bob McDonnell, David Vitter, newt gingrich, John McCain, Larry Craig, Henry Hyde and MARY "CHEATING WHORE" FALLIN ALL "conservative" republicans until they got caught then suddenly - well they aren't "real" conservatives or not lately that doesn't even matter it's just they are a R so pull the lever for them.

NONE of you understand your party has been co-opted by John Birchers. They keep moving you to the right, even though it has been proven time and time again your policies simply don't work. So what do they go to? It's all about "ideological purity". Right up until it comes to voting for spending increases for CONSERVATIVE constituents, FARMERS -who by they way already have the most socialist livelihoods in the country. On a side note - go to western kansas to the conservative farm communities and ask them how they feel about illegal immigration - the republican party BASE - and they are all FOR SUPPORT FOR ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION BECAUSE IT IS THEIR CHEAP LABOR! But I digress, you will barely call the beloved saint of conservatives ronald reagan a "real' or "true" conservative because you have been so brainwashed by hatin' liberals and socialists. Go out on the web and take a look at the defense of rr when his REAL record on massive increases in spending, raising taxes more than lowering, tripling the deficit and debt, first huge expansion of medicare, cuttin' and runnin' when 241 AMERICAN SOLDERS where murdered by Islamic extremists, trading arms for hostages is brought up then they go to - well he cut the top rate on income taxes!

Which, of course, is the real test of a "true" or "real" conservative, that along with cuttin' regulations. Tell me, what industry are the libertarians who call the shots in the republican party are in? Timber and OIL, two of the most highly regulated industries in the country. Tell me why is it that they are no longer paying corporate and personal income taxes in Kansas. Why do you think they are pushing for value added tax increases ie sales taxes? They don't have a problem with taxes or tax increases - as long as it's not them paying them.

Wake up and look into what and who you are really following. Respond to this - a liberal billionaire holds secret conferences for legislators in five star resorts that are very tightly controlled. All paid for by the liberal billionaires. No press, sworn to secrecy and given laws to introduce into state legislation all over the country. You people would be screaming LIBERAL COMMIE TAKE OVER OF OUR COUNTRY!

This is happening - but it CONSERVATIVES not liberals who are doing this, talk about un-American! It is sad to me that you people are so blinded by your brainwashing by "conservatives" you cannot even see the truth. This is why I worry about our country.

REDREX
9/6/2014, 07:56 AM
Nice Rant----It is sad you believe that ----You need to open your eyes and notice that high taxes and big Gov't do not work

SoonerorLater
9/6/2014, 09:03 AM
But I digress

No sh1t

Sooner8th
9/6/2014, 09:20 AM
Nice Rant----It is sad you believe that ----You need to open your eyes and notice that high taxes and big Gov't do not work

Right here is the problem with you and yours. First, tell me what part of what I said is not true. Second the "high taxes" is a moving target. Just as soon as taxes are cut, the complant about "high taxes" goes out and demands for yet another tax cut is called out. Tell me at what level do you want taxes? Zero?

As for big government, small government by cuttin' regulations sure as he!! don't work. Didn't work under Coolidge, didn't work under bush.

Sooner8th
9/6/2014, 09:23 AM
Typical of conservatives - two lame @ss reply's, can't argue your positions with any facts or data. Pathetic.

You guys love yourself some conservative ideology, give me some facts and/or data to back up your positions.

olevetonahill
9/6/2014, 09:23 AM
You guys still arguing with this Dipstick? Its Football time Put is mortard *** on iggy and enjoy the season :drunk:

REDREX
9/6/2014, 04:38 PM
Typical of conservatives - two lame @ss reply's, can't argue your positions with any facts or data. Pathetic.

You guys love yourself some conservative ideology, give me some facts and/or data to back up your positions.---Your opinions are not facts

Sooner8th
9/6/2014, 06:20 PM
---Your opinions are not facts

Not opinions - facts. Tell me which of them are not true.

okie52
9/7/2014, 10:12 AM
So even you don't know what one is. Is it like porn? You know it when you see it.

So you can't define a liberal?

Clinton would be more like porn and he's definitely more of a liberal....

okie52
9/7/2014, 10:17 AM
--- WEAK----Was JFK a Conservative?----A very simple question

He won't answer it...to admit JFK was a supply sider is blasphemy to all that is holy in the world of dem regurgitators.

okie52
9/7/2014, 10:21 AM
You guys, like all conservatives are a joke. OH I haven't used that word......TODAY! You and your party go to defense is LIBERAL! The lemmings grab their pitchforks and torches and head the the polls to keep the socialist, commie, muslim loving democrat out of office. Then you laughably ask condescendingly - MIO? when call on it. Like anyone believes that. You won't answer who is a "real" conservative, because you want to be able to drop them like a rock when they show their true colors. George W Bush, Mark Foley, Mark Stanford, Bob McDonnell, David Vitter, newt gingrich, John McCain, Larry Craig, Henry Hyde and MARY "CHEATING WHORE" FALLIN ALL "conservative" republicans until they got caught then suddenly - well they aren't "real" conservatives or not lately that doesn't even matter it's just they are a R so pull the lever for them.

NONE of you understand your party has been co-opted by John Birchers. They keep moving you to the right, even though it has been proven time and time again your policies simply don't work. So what do they go to? It's all about "ideological purity". Right up until it comes to voting for spending increases for CONSERVATIVE constituents, FARMERS -who by they way already have the most socialist livelihoods in the country. On a side note - go to western kansas to the conservative farm communities and ask them how they feel about illegal immigration - the republican party BASE - and they are all FOR SUPPORT FOR ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION BECAUSE IT IS THEIR CHEAP LABOR! But I digress, you will barely call the beloved saint of conservatives ronald reagan a "real' or "true" conservative because you have been so brainwashed by hatin' liberals and socialists. Go out on the web and take a look at the defense of rr when his REAL record on massive increases in spending, raising taxes more than lowering, tripling the deficit and debt, first huge expansion of medicare, cuttin' and runnin' when 241 AMERICAN SOLDERS where murdered by Islamic extremists, trading arms for hostages is brought up then they go to - well he cut the top rate on income taxes!

Which, of course, is the real test of a "true" or "real" conservative, that along with cuttin' regulations. Tell me, what industry are the libertarians who call the shots in the republican party are in? Timber and OIL, two of the most highly regulated industries in the country. Tell me why is it that they are no longer paying corporate and personal income taxes in Kansas. Why do you think they are pushing for value added tax increases ie sales taxes? They don't have a problem with taxes or tax increases - as long as it's not them paying them.

Wake up and look into what and who you are really following. Respond to this - a liberal billionaire holds secret conferences for legislators in five star resorts that are very tightly controlled. All paid for by the liberal billionaires. No press, sworn to secrecy and given laws to introduce into state legislation all over the country. You people would be screaming LIBERAL COMMIE TAKE OVER OF OUR COUNTRY!

This is happening - but it CONSERVATIVES not liberals who are doing this, talk about un-American! It is sad to me that you people are so blinded by your brainwashing by "conservatives" you cannot even see the truth. This is why I worry about our country.

From a guy who can't say anything bad about a dem...heh heh

Sooner8th
9/7/2014, 12:18 PM
He won't answer it...to admit JFK was a supply sider is blasphemy to all that is holy in the world of dem regurgitators.

You just prove my point. The rnc or some rightwingnut says kennedy cut the top rate and cg taxes so he is a conservative and you buy into it hook line and sinker. Shows what the real criteria for being a conservative is - lowering to top rate.

Sooner8th
9/7/2014, 12:20 PM
From a guy who can't say anything bad about a dem...heh heh

OOOHHHHHHH I've said plenty bad about dems, you just ignore when I do so you can run that out when you don't have a defense for what I point out.

okie52
9/7/2014, 12:22 PM
You just prove my point. The rnc or some rightwingnut says kennedy cut the top rate and cg taxes so he is a conservative and you buy into it hook line and sinker. Shows what the real criteria for being a conservative is - lowering to top rate.

Heh...you just proved my point. He cut the top tax rates which makes him a supply sider by your definition....you just can't admit it.

okie52
9/7/2014, 12:23 PM
OOOHHHHHHH I've said plenty bad about dems, you just ignore when I do so you can run that out when you don't have a defense for what I point out.

Well start saying something bad about the dems on this board rather than what you may have secretly thought in another lifetime.

Sooner8th
9/7/2014, 12:34 PM
Well start saying something bad about the dems on this board rather than what you may have secretly thought in another lifetime.

Like I said - I have before. Too bad for you if you can't seem to remember it. I'm still waiting for a lot of you to stop defending bush by whining about just blame bush.

Now say something bad about a the teabaggers.

okie52
9/7/2014, 01:01 PM
Like I said - I have before. Too bad for you if you can't seem to remember it. I'm still waiting for a lot of you to stop defending bush by whining about just blame bush.

Now say something bad about a the teabaggers.

Who is defending Bush? Bush will always be accountable for Iraq.

Too bad you refer to imaginary posts or the thought of saying it twice is just "too painful" for you. Was Kennedy a supply sider? Come on, you know your rules, cutting taxes for the top rate=supply sider=conservative. A free thinker like yourself should have no problem with it...only a lemming would have a problem with it.

But, to help you take that first step, I'll be glad to say something BAD about the tea baggers...they've promoted some poor choices for candidates in elections the pubs should have won.

Now it's your turn 8th...show you are not a detestable lemming.

Sooner8th
9/7/2014, 01:34 PM
Who is defending Bush? Bush will always be accountable for Iraq.

Too bad you refer to imaginary posts or the thought of saying it twice is just "too painful" for you. Was Kennedy a supply sider? Come on, you know your rules, cutting taxes for the top rate=supply sider=conservative. A free thinker like yourself should have no problem with it...only a lemming would have a problem with it.

But, to help you take that first step, I'll be glad to say something BAD about the tea baggers...they've promoted some poor choices for candidates in elections the pubs should have won.

Now it's your turn 8th...show you are not a detestable lemming.

OK now about their policies. You again make my point for me. Those are your rules.

okie52
9/7/2014, 01:38 PM
OK now about their policies. You again make my point for me. Those are your rules.

Sorry 8th...you missed your turn to speak bad about dems or state if Kennedy was a supply sider? Prove you're not a lemming...

Sooner8th
9/7/2014, 02:16 PM
Sorry 8th...you missed your turn to speak bad about dems or state if Kennedy was a supply sider? Prove you're not a lemming...

He is only a supply sider according to the rules of conservatives. Following those same rules reagan is a liberal. Clinton couldn't be a conservatives because he raised taxes on the wealthy.

okie52
9/7/2014, 02:22 PM
He is only a supply sider according to the rules of conservatives. Following those same rules reagan is a liberal. Clinton couldn't be a conservatives because he raised taxes on the wealthy.

Supply sider according to your rules 8th. Anyone that drops the top rate has to be a supply sider...ergo a conservative. Clinton also dropped his pants and the CG rate...really hard to pin him down.

Sooner8th
9/7/2014, 02:31 PM

Here you go from us news and world report - an ultra rightwing rag.

http://www.usnews.com/opinion/articles/2011/01/26/the-myth-of-jfk-as-supply-side-tax-cutter

okie52
9/7/2014, 02:49 PM

http://www.usnews.com/opinion/articles/2011/01/26/the-myth-of-jfk-as-supply-side-tax-cutter

So if you drop the top rate by 26% for it being a "drag" on the economy then that exempts a prez from being a "supply sider". Did you amend your supply sider rules? Hell, W was saying the same thing and only dropped it by 4%.

Sooner8th
9/7/2014, 03:05 PM
So if you drop the top rate by 26% for it being a "drag" on the economy then that exempts a prez from being a "supply sider". Did you amend your supply sider rules? Hell, W was saying the same thing and only dropped it by 4%.

Read it, it is self explanatory.

REDREX
9/7/2014, 03:26 PM
[QUOTE=Sooner8th;4837920]Here you go from us news and world report - an ultra rightwing rag.

http://www.usnews.com/opinion/articles/2011/01/26/the-myth-of-jfk-as-supply-side-tax-cutter[/QUOTE ---

okie52
9/7/2014, 03:28 PM
Read it, it is self explanatory.

Heh heh, yeah, its self explanatory:

Robert Schlesinger is managing editor for opinion at U.S. News and World Report, a liberal blogger on the site's Thomas Jefferson Street blog[1] and the Huffington Post, and writes a biweekly column for U.S. News. He is the youngest son of the late historian Arthur M. Schlesinger Jr. and the youngest brother of Stephen Schlesinger. His first book, published in April, 2008, on the history of presidential speech writers, is called White House Ghosts: Presidents and Their Speechwriters.[2] He taught political reporting at Boston University's Washington Journalism Center.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Schlesinger

REDREX
9/7/2014, 03:30 PM

http://www.usnews.com/opinion/articles/2011/01/26/the-myth-of-jfk-as-supply-side-tax-cutter----Robert Schlesinger wrote the article he is very liberal---

okie52
9/7/2014, 03:34 PM
----Robert Schlesinger wrote the article he is very liberal---

As was his dad Arthur Schlesinger:

In the 1952 and 1956 presidential campaigns he was a primary speechwriter and adviser to Democratic presidential nominee Adlai Stevenson II.[3]

Sooner8th
9/7/2014, 03:45 PM
----Robert Schlesinger wrote the article he is very liberal---

I said Here you go from us news and world report - an ultra rightwing rag. I didn't mention schlesinger.

okie52
9/7/2014, 03:59 PM
I said Here you go from us news and world report - an ultra rightwing rag. I didn't mention schlesinger.

Heh heh...well gee 8th, I know you wouldn't want to give us the wrong idea:

Historically, the magazine has tended to be slightly more conservative than its two primary competitors, Time and Newsweek.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/U.S._News_%26_World_Report

Practically a john Birchers bible.

REDREX
9/7/2014, 04:24 PM
I said Here you go from us news and world report - an ultra rightwing rag. I didn't mention schlesinger.---He wrote the article you were talking about ----but it was a nice try at deflection

SoonerorLater
9/7/2014, 04:41 PM
---He wrote the article you were talking about ----but it was a nice try at deflection

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/U.S._News_%26_World_Report

Practically a john Birchers bible.

Come on guys who are you trying to kid? Everybody know that U S News and World Report is just code speak for the KKK manifesto. 8th is on top of this one just as always and won't be fooled by any of that Tea Party propagada.

Sooner8th
9/7/2014, 05:01 PM
Come on guys who are you trying to kid? Everybody know that U S News and World Report is just code speak for the KKK manifesto. 8th is on top of this one just as always and won't be fooled by any of that Tea Party propagada.

Hey - tell me again how JFK is a supply sider.

Turd_Ferguson
9/7/2014, 05:11 PM
Hey - tell me again how JFK is a supply sider.I think you already have.

Sooner8th
9/7/2014, 06:31 PM
I think you already have.

What is so funny is that it's your criteria, not mine! The rightwingnut argument that JFK is a supply sider is a prove positive what rightwingnut priorities are. Cuttin' the top rate and cuttin' cg taxes is all it takes to be labeled a supply sider.

REDREX
9/7/2014, 06:55 PM
What is so funny is that it's your criteria, not mine! The rightwingnut argument that JFK is a supply sider is a prove positive what rightwingnut priorities are. Cuttin' the top rate and cuttin' cg taxes is all it takes to be labeled a supply sider.---The question was ---Was JFK a conservative?---He cut taxes and had 40% of the budget going to defense

Sooner8th
9/7/2014, 07:51 PM
---The question was ---Was JFK a conservative?---He cut taxes and had 40% of the budget going to defense

All they while defense spending as a % of total budget and of gpd was dropping?

OOOPPPPPPSSSSS...... Try again....

http://thf_media.s3.amazonaws.com/infographics/2011/11/myth-of-isolationism-defense-spending_1200.jpg

http://i.cfr.org/content/publications/July2014/010_national_defense_1948.png

REDREX
9/7/2014, 08:07 PM
How does that chart make any type of point-----NY State has tax free zones ---Why?----Because it encourages investment-----Lower taxes help the economy or why would NY State do that?-----Guess What it takes a number of years for a tax policy to help or hurt the economy.

okie52
9/7/2014, 08:12 PM
All they while defense spending as a % of total budget and of gpd was dropping?

OOOPPPPPPSSSSS...... Try again....

http://thf_media.s3.amazonaws.com/infographics/2011/11/myth-of-isolationism-defense-spending_1200.jpg

http://i.cfr.org/content/publications/July2014/010_national_defense_1948.png

It uses a A just-released study from the Heritage Foundation. Don't trust it.

A chart by the Heritage Foundation?

8th...are we getting desperate here?

Sooner8th
9/7/2014, 08:19 PM
How does that chart make any type of point-----NY State has tax free zones ---Why?----Because it encourages investment-----Lower taxes help the economy or why would NY State do that?-----Guess What it takes a number of years for a tax policy to help or hurt the economy.

WOW, let me explain it to you. You said 40% of the federal budget was defense spending. It went down the whole time he was in office. GET IT? He INHERITED that level of spending. Understand.............pumpkin?

All of this is too ****ing funny. Making my point the whole ****ing time. Conservatives trying to claim JFK was a supply side trickle down conservative just because he cut the top rate and cg tax rate.

REDREX
9/7/2014, 08:26 PM
WOW, let me explain it to you. You said 40% of the federal budget was defense spending. It went down the whole time he was in office. GET IT? He INHERITED that level of spending. Understand.............pumpkin?

All of this is too ****ing funny. Making my point the whole ****ing time. Conservatives trying to claim JFK was a supply side trickle down conservative just because he cut the top rate and cg tax rate.----Your are an *** "pumpkin"----You need to get a life

Sooner8th
9/7/2014, 08:52 PM
----Your are an *** "pumpkin"----You need to get a life

aaaaawwwwww - you just spent all day arguing with me about this when I ****-up you little circle jerk you whine. Too damn funny.

REDREX
9/7/2014, 09:04 PM
You must be a very sad lonely little man

Sooner8th
9/7/2014, 09:23 PM
You must be a very sad lonely little man

Coming from the man who spent all day trying to argue with me that JFK is a supply sider. What does that say about you?

SoonerorLater
9/8/2014, 08:14 AM
Hey - tell me again how JFK is a supply sider.

How I tell you again, I didn't tell you before? Never said anything about JFK being a "supply sider" or anything about JFK at all. Once again you're being dishonest.

Sooner8th
9/8/2014, 09:43 AM
How I tell you again, I didn't tell you before? Never said anything about JFK being a "supply sider" or anything about JFK at all. Once again you're being dishonest.

It's sarcasm.

Sooner8th
9/8/2014, 09:50 AM

Funny how you try to call me out for being dishonest while this thread has devolved into kennedy is a supply sider. Talk about dishonest.....................

SoonerorLater
9/8/2014, 10:06 AM
Funny how you try to call me out for being dishonest while this thread has devolved into kennedy is a supply sider. Talk about dishonest.....................

You said "Hey - tell me again how JFK is a supply sider" You addressed this to ME.

SoonerorLater
9/8/2014, 10:07 AM
It's sarcasm.

It's intellectual laziness.

olevetonahill
9/8/2014, 10:19 AM

This describes KC almost perfectly
https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSeZpzMA_i4CnUq3XakcTh2XKsGSU6l9 wWaJe57fdewpfBb4b7f4w

Sooner8th
9/8/2014, 10:33 AM

It's sarcasm. Think what you want - you already disregard any facts presented to you that do not back up your conservative beliefs.

Turd_Ferguson
9/8/2014, 05:43 PM
It's sarcasm. Think what you want - I always disregard any facts presented to me that do not back up my ***** *** liberal obomadong beliefs.

Word.

Bourbon St Sooner
9/9/2014, 12:27 PM
Sequestration started March 1, 2013. I was just showing it hurt the economy.

And yet it's still in place and, according to you, the economy is booming. So is sequestration the Obama policy that caused this great economy? You still haven't told me what brilliant policies have created this boom.

champions77
9/9/2014, 02:08 PM
And yet it's still in place and, according to you, the economy is booming. So is sequestration the Obama policy that caused this great economy? You still haven't told me what brilliant policies have created this boom.

He can't. Any positive result that happened in this economy occurred in spite of Obama policies, not because of them. Serendipity has never been kinder to someone less deserving. He never as much as managed a Lemonade Stand, much less any substantive business enterprise. And, he surrounded himself with people void of any real business experience/successes.

In running for office, and while in office, his rhetoric and verbiage would scare any business owner, large and small, as well as any prospective entrepreneurs. He has promised higher taxes, additional regulations, Cap and trade, Obamacare. Uncertainty has always been the constant in suppressing any economy. BHO has created enough for three administrations.