PDA

View Full Version : Sam Bradford - possible knee injury

nighttrain12
8/23/2014, 08:35 PM
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/24676543/rams-qb-sam-bradford-taken-to-locker-room-with-possible-knee-injury

Happened in the Rams preseason game tonight.

https://vine.co/v/MLxFwQ2AmFO

nighttrain12
8/23/2014, 08:42 PM
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/11399365/sam-bradford-st-louis-rams-leaves-preseason-game-cleveland-browns

Apparently not a re-injury of his surgically repaired ACL.

BoulderSooner79
8/23/2014, 08:44 PM
dangit

manateepower
8/23/2014, 09:19 PM
That is very unfortunate. I could not be more relieved for him that he made his contract before there were limitations on how much you could pay rookies.

8timechamps
8/23/2014, 09:31 PM
Per ESPN:

A league source told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter that initial tests did not show any damage to Bradford's surgically repaired left ACL.
The source told Schefter the Rams "dodged a bullet."

Sounds like Sam will be okay, fingers crossed.

olevetonahill
8/23/2014, 09:35 PM
Per ESPN:

Sounds like Sam will be okay, fingers crossed.

He'll be OK if he can ever get the Hell out Of St Louis

8timechamps
8/23/2014, 09:37 PM

It's too bad he has been stuck on a team that just recently seems to be getting it's act together. Would love to see Sam in a Super Bowl, but that's not happening to St. Louis in the near future.

olevetonahill
8/23/2014, 10:11 PM
It's too bad he has been stuck on a team that just recently seems to be getting it's act together. Would love to see Sam in a Super Bowl, but that's not happening to St. Louis in the near future.

Yup its like when Billy went to the Lions several Players went there and their careers died.

nighttrain12
8/24/2014, 12:04 AM
Yup its like when Billy went to the Lions several Players went there and their careers died.

They did make the playoffs twice (including a division title) in his 5 seasons there until his career ending knee injury.

SoonerorLater
8/24/2014, 07:47 AM

Of course I think that holds true for just about everybody.

nighttrain12
8/24/2014, 02:07 PM
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/11402064/st-louis-rams-fear-sam-bradford-acl

Bad news, the Rams are not so sure now whether the ACL is in fact torn. More tests to come.

swardboy
8/24/2014, 02:33 PM
Adam Schecter is just covering his butt6 from trying to be the firstest with the mostest last night. News conference at 5:30 central today will tell the story.

JLEW1818
8/24/2014, 02:48 PM
Torn ACL out for season per yahoo

EatLeadCommie
8/24/2014, 02:51 PM
ah jeez. Poor Sam

okiewaker
8/24/2014, 03:04 PM
Yeah I'm reading from several sources it's confirmed. Torn ACL. Damn

nighttrain12
8/24/2014, 03:11 PM
Fuuuuuuuuudge! I guess its time to start saying, 'I hope he saved his money from his 1st contract'!

FaninAma
8/24/2014, 03:11 PM
Do not draft any former OU offensive players in your fantasy football draft unless that player's name is AD. Sooners in the NFL are snake bitten.....especially on the offensive side of the ball.

FaninAma
8/24/2014, 03:13 PM
The downside to being the number one draft pick. You go to a crappy team and often your career is marred by injuries.

swardboy
8/24/2014, 03:15 PM
Well, I wonder if Sam will attempt another comeback or pack it in. I just feel sick.

Anybody know where Sam would have been the #1 pick had he skipped his senior season at OU?

Edit: Never mind....Matthew Stafford to Detroit Lions

Eielson
8/24/2014, 03:36 PM
The downside to being the number one draft pick. You go to a crappy team and often your career is marred by injuries.

Yeah, that trashy team he played for in college ****ed up his shoulder, too.

Eielson
8/24/2014, 03:42 PM
This really, really sucks, and I don't have a good feeling about it, but I'm going to wait until the Rams press conference. If we learned anything from NBA free agency, it's that twitter is as about as reliable for breaking news as a Pac-10 ref.

BoulderSooner79
8/24/2014, 05:23 PM
Just wow. Watching the replay, it looked like nothing. The tackler grabbed him high and pulled a bit, but almost immediately let go. Just a really awkward position I guess, but it really makes me wonder if the knee never healed correctly from the surgery. If a play like that torn it, hard to see him lasting the season if it was that fragile.

8timechamps
8/24/2014, 07:30 PM
Adam Schecter is just covering his butt6 from trying to be the firstest with the mostest last night. News conference at 5:30 central today will tell the story.

Schefter got his start in sports media in Denver, and he was really plugged in to the Bronco organization, so he was always a very good source for anything Bronco related. When he first went to ESPN, I figured he'd be stretched a little thin, but would continue to be the guy you could count on for solid information. He's not been 'that guy' for a while now. This is just another example.

I believe he has many contacts throughout the league, but his anonymous "sources" are over the top now. He always seems to have a 'source' to cover both sides, just as he did in this situation.

It's too bad, Schefter used to be a really good reporter. Now he's just another ESPN paid hack.

BoulderSooner79
8/24/2014, 07:42 PM

Yeah, but does it really matter in such cases? The injury was going to be revealed soon enough and the preliminary news was just from the manual mobility tests. People are still interested even if initial reports can be in error.

manateepower
8/24/2014, 07:58 PM
Schefter got his start in sports media in Denver, and he was really plugged in to the Bronco organization, so he was always a very good source for anything Bronco related. When he first went to ESPN, I figured he'd be stretched a little thin, but would continue to be the guy you could count on for solid information. He's not been 'that guy' for a while now. This is just another example.

I believe he has many contacts throughout the league, but his anonymous "sources" are over the top now. He always seems to have a 'source' to cover both sides, just as he did in this situation.

It's too bad, Schefter used to be a really good reporter. Now he's just another ESPN paid hack.

I thought he was terrific when he was at the NFL Network. I guess ESPN just has some kind of disease that turns otherwise decent journalists into sensationalist meatballs.

Sooner in Tampa
8/25/2014, 07:40 AM
My heart breaks for Sammy B!!!

soonergirlNeugene
8/25/2014, 11:13 AM
Nothing good has come from the sports page lately

Eielson
8/25/2014, 02:06 PM
Just for all you guys concerned about my well being...I keep telling myself that Warner replaced Green when he went down, and Bulger replaced Warner when he went down, and that's what led to our last two super bowl appearances.

Of course, somebody might mention that Martz was on our coaching staff back then, and we also had the best WR duo of all-time to ease the new QB in (AND MARSHALL FAULK!! :)). Don't mention that, though, unless you're not concerned about my well-being.

Eielson
8/25/2014, 02:08 PM

Thinking happy thoughts....

cvsooner
8/25/2014, 02:17 PM
Sam, Ryan Broyles, AD, and now Gabe Ikard. All ACL tears and two of them multiples. Incredible. Does make you wonder why it's happening to OU athletes, especially the skilled guys. Maybe I'm just more sensitive to it because I've followed them, but it seems like it's more than a coincidence. I dunno.

EatLeadCommie
8/25/2014, 02:27 PM
^^Schmitty isn't making them do enough yoga.

BoulderSooner79
8/25/2014, 03:50 PM
Sam, Ryan Broyles, AD, and now Gabe Ikard. All ACL tears and two of them multiples. Incredible. Does make you wonder why it's happening to OU athletes, especially the skilled guys. Maybe I'm just more sensitive to it because I've followed them, but it seems like it's more than a coincidence. I dunno.

The injury to AD was no mystery. That was a violent, direct hit to the side of the knee while his foot was planted. A lesser man's leg would have torn off at the hip and flown 50 rows up into the stands.