PDA

View Full Version : Last Open Weekend ....

JLEW1818
8/21/2014, 07:25 AM
What's it going to be this weekend? Taking the wife out? Kids?

I'm in Pittsburgh now and back to Houston tomorrow. We have no weekend plans, and I'm cool with that.

SoonerInFortSmith
8/21/2014, 08:08 AM
Workin Saturday. Then might take the kids clothes shopping. Maybe come up with a date or something

KantoSooner
8/21/2014, 08:13 AM
Grass mowing. Pruning. Putting together some samples to demo to customers next week.

cherokeebrewer
8/21/2014, 09:12 AM
Brewing Jalapeno Cream Ale...

BoulderSooner79
8/21/2014, 09:42 AM
Going down to Santa Barbara for some R&R. Maybe I'll go sip wine with Oprah.

soonergirlNeugene
8/21/2014, 10:15 PM
I'm closing on a house =)

VA Sooner
8/22/2014, 06:10 AM
Working all weekend... then preparing for the game.

Every game starting Thursday night!

deweydw
8/22/2014, 06:49 AM
Oil change on the car, plus tire rotation and balance. And as like every weekend mow the lawn.

Soonerfossil
8/22/2014, 08:38 AM

I'm in Pittsburgh now and back to Houston tomorrow. We have no weekend plans, and I'm cool with that.

Ummmmm.......How about me taking your wife out? No kids allowed!

Soonerfossil
8/22/2014, 08:42 AM
Sorry JLEW, couldn't resist.

Oil change in the wife's car (done at the Toyota dealership of course, while I eat free donuts and kolaches and drink free coffee), then the wife mows the lawn (she asked for a electric start, self propelled lawnmower for her last birthday and I damn near injured myself getting to Lowe's), and just planting my old butt in my LazyBoy (with remote for adjustments) and flying it to nap-land.

KantoSooner
8/22/2014, 09:01 AM
My neighbor is a god among men: he bought an old out-in-front-of-the-gas-station drink cooler and puts a six or two in it on Saturdays. You don't even have to get off you riding mower to pick up a beer. Alcohol and power tools. Hell yeah.

deweydw
8/22/2014, 09:58 AM
Oil change in the wife's car (done at the Toyota dealership of course, while I eat free donuts and kolaches and drink free coffee), then the wife mows the lawn (she asked for a electric start, self propelled lawnmower for her last birthday and I damn near injured myself getting to Lowe's), and just planting my old butt in my LazyBoy (with remote for adjustments) and flying it to nap-land.

So basically nothing on your part. :playful:

deweydw
8/22/2014, 09:59 AM
My neighbor is a god among men: he bought an old out-in-front-of-the-gas-station drink cooler and puts a six or two in it on Saturdays. You don't even have to get off you riding mower to pick up a beer. Alcohol and power tools. Hell yeah.

Hank Hill, is that you?

KantoSooner
8/22/2014, 10:36 AM
I resemble that remark....

Actually I look more like the Billdozer.

olevetonahill
8/22/2014, 10:53 AM
Ummmmm.......How about me taking your wife out? No kids allowed!

Im going to take some ones wife out and show her a great time. Which one Yall gonna be outta town this weekend?

BoulderSooner79
8/22/2014, 11:43 AM
Im going to take some ones wife out and show her a great time. Which one Yall gonna be outta town this weekend?

No face farting allowed.

Mazeppa
8/22/2014, 12:19 PM
Going out tonight to watch Aaron Neville and Dr John

badger
8/22/2014, 12:39 PM
I'll probably try to get in a few rounds of Clash of Clans on the iPad during toddler naps and watch lots of NFL preseason football

cvsooner
8/22/2014, 12:54 PM
Training for a half marathon in November and a full marathon in January, so...six miles on Saturday and 12 miles on Sunday. Also going to number one grandson's first scrimmage (he's seven years old). Mow the lawn. The Mrs. and I will probably go take in 'The One-Hundred-Foot Journey.' Oh, and Saturday night have to take wife and mother-in-law to a Glenn Miller Band concert. Plus other yard chores.

It's a relief to come back to the office on Monday, let me tell you.

Hey, you know...there is a college game on this Saturday, Aug. 23. 2:30 p.m. Central on ESPN. Sam Houston State vs. Eastern Washington. I mean, it isn't much, but, well, it's something.

cvsooner
8/22/2014, 12:55 PM
Warning on the football game: red turf. SMH.

http://www.goeags.com/sports/m-footbl/2013-14/Releases/14fbFeb20EWU-SHSUonESPN

olevetonahill
8/22/2014, 01:14 PM
No face farting allowed.

:highly_amused::highly_amused:

ouwasp
8/23/2014, 09:34 AM
Wife and I will be enjoying a favorite Saturday pastime: going to flea market/antique stores. She knows once college football arrives, my favorite Saturday activity has as well. But, today, one more day of rummaging, looking for bargains, and making fun of prices.

sooneron
8/23/2014, 10:22 AM
I was just there for 2 weeks. I was impressed with the town. Nice people and good food!

Hanging at the house today. Leave for the beach tomorrow for the week with the fam.