PDA

View Full Version : This just said about Joe Mixon

Pages : 1 [2]

birddog
9/3/2014, 09:13 PM
Tram said it will be released to media this wk.

BoulderSooner79
9/3/2014, 09:15 PM
Tram said it will be released to media this wk.

Yes, that was announced yesterday. I'm saying I hope it doesn't go out to the general public until after the season. If that's not possible, then the sooner the better to put it in the rear view mirror.

birddog
9/3/2014, 09:20 PM
I gotcha. Just figured once the media got their grubby lil hands on it they would immediately release it to the public. Def better now than next August. In a yr. something else around the country will be all the rage and mixons scrape with a drug fueled chick will only be mentioned by the media and announcers calling games, assuming mixon plays then.

BoulderSooner79
9/3/2014, 09:25 PM
I gotcha. Just figured once the media got their grubby lil hands on it they would immediately release it to the public. Def better now than next August. In a yr. something else around the country will be all the rage and mixons scrape with a drug fueled chick will only be mentioned by the media and announcers calling games, assuming mixon plays then.

The article I saw said the media will not get copies of the video and will not be allowed to use any recording devices. But I assume we'll be swamped with the spin from all those present.

8timechamps
9/3/2014, 09:43 PM
I'd just as soon the video be released now. It sounds like it's going to be bad, so why not get it out there? (I understand that the NPD/DA is holding the video because the case is still open, but I don't understand why it's okay to allow the media to view it.). If you're going to release it, then release it!

This time next year, it'll be old news.

olevetonahill
9/3/2014, 09:48 PM
Im just giddy with excitement awaiting Jenny's take on this.

dwarthog
9/4/2014, 08:27 AM
The Norman PD is looking pretty silly right now. Now that PD's are known for being too bright to begin with.

"Instead of just letting everyone see it and draw their own conclusions from it, we'll have just media members see it, in which they will use their own opinions to dictate the narrative and manipulate feelings."

There is nothing better in this world than fallible hearsay floating around!

I can hardly wait for the media outlets to whip up folks all over again.

Soonerwake
9/4/2014, 08:43 AM
I can hardly wait for the media outlets to whip up folks all over again.

That's the irritating part to me too. It's done, he's punished. Let's move on.

KantoSooner
9/4/2014, 08:44 AM
If the information is subject of FOIA demands, then it should be shared with the media or whoever else files the demand....who then can share it. If it's somehow privileged, then it's possible that some vetted group could be allowed to see it without taking possession and could then report it to the general public. (a la intelligence committees in congress).
The distinction would seem a pretty simple question.
But, as mentioned above, local police departments have, in general, a pretty vague and fuzzy understanding of the law in general and con law almost not at all. So, it's not surprising that they're mushing around trying to handle this as a PR problem. Soon enough, they'll get their dicks in a wringer and make the whole thing worse.

birddog
9/4/2014, 09:33 AM
It will be released to the media but no cameras are allowed according to newsok.

cvsooner
9/4/2014, 12:00 PM
Guerin Emig's take on the video: http://www.tulsaworld.com/sportsextra/ousportsextra/media-views-joe-mixon-surveillance-tape-of-confrontation-with-amelia/article_bb5d0e9e-6047-5950-a70a-e88c193a541b.html

SoonerorLater
9/4/2014, 12:23 PM
So now it's confirmed. She hit/pushed him twice (nothing to say she was going to stop at two either) before he retaliated. For this she walks free and Mixon is charged with a crime and is suspended for a year from the team.

nighttrain12
9/4/2014, 12:28 PM
So now it's confirmed. She hit/pushed him twice (nothing to say she was going to stop at two either) before he retaliated. For this she walks free and Mixon is charged with a crime and is suspended for a year from the team.

He's charged with a crime because he used excessive force in defending himself. He can still argue at trial that he didn't over-react though this likely will be settled out of court.

birddog
9/4/2014, 12:32 PM
Still with the defending himself for some posters. Those that actually saw the vid say differently. Oh well.

BoulderSooner79
9/4/2014, 12:33 PM
I have to assume the verbal slur from Mixon was confirmed by witnesses since there was no audio and it still appears on the police report. If true, a suspension is fair, IMO (no comment on the legal aspect).

cvsooner
9/4/2014, 01:06 PM
A couple more takes on the video.

http://newsok.com/ou-football-joe-mixon-tape-shows-freshman-running-back-punch-female-after-she-pushed-slapped-him/article/5338684

http://newsok.com/joe-mixon-video-sad-bad/article/5338705

dwarthog
9/4/2014, 01:16 PM
Doesn't seem to be any new revelations with regards to the sequence of events.

Looks like all we'll get from this is just the media and their respective biases commenting on what they saw.

They may even sell an extra paper or two as well.

SoonerorLater
9/4/2014, 01:52 PM
Still with the defending himself for some posters. Those that actually saw the vid say differently. Oh well.

Yeah the absolute gall of the guy. Secondly I said he "retaliated".

EatLeadCommie
9/4/2014, 02:09 PM
Tramel says "The whole thing was bad. But it also was sad. Sad that alcohol and hubris and ignorance and temper all combined to tarnish two lives."

It seems that hubris, ignorance, and temper are all indictments of Mixon. Is he trying to throw in alcohol as well? Pretty sure that was a factor with the girl.

cvsooner
9/4/2014, 02:31 PM
Hubris and temper for Mixon; ignorance and alcohol for Molitor. Part of growing up, I guess.

KantoSooner
9/4/2014, 02:36 PM
A lot of people lose it when you strike their faces. Used to do that a lot when I was wrestling in high school. Sometimes it only took one good whap up side the head and the guy's entire game plan was gone and he was charging at you like a wild animal.

birddog
9/4/2014, 02:40 PM
Yeah the absolute gall of the guy. Secondly I said he "retaliated".

Wasn't referring to u in particular. But those guys are coming.

EatLeadCommie
9/4/2014, 02:42 PM
A lot of people lose it when you strike their faces. Used to do that a lot when I was wrestling in high school. Sometimes it only took one good whap up side the head and the guy's entire game plan was gone and he was charging at you like a wild animal.

Yep. It's instinctive and reflexive.

birddog
9/4/2014, 02:45 PM
There they are! I guess I missed out on rearranging those dainty girls that slapped me. Laughing it off was wrong.

EatLeadCommie
9/4/2014, 03:18 PM
There they are! I guess I missed out on rearranging those dainty girls that slapped me. Laughing it off was wrong.

Can't say I've ever had one slap me. Particularly push me and then slap me. It's one thing if you're saying something to get that kind of reaction and half expect it coming. It's another thing for it to happen out of the blue.

badger
9/4/2014, 03:35 PM
Let's put the video aside, because most of us haven't seen it, and most of us won't change our opinions, whatever they are, till we see it (if ever).

After seeing how our backs performed in game one, do we really miss having yet another running back sharing carries, receptions, blocking, special teams duties, etc. with Keith Ford, Alex Ross and Samaje Perine?

After Louisiana Tech, I suspect that the Mixon suspension was because someone needed to redshirt/get benched/transfer, and this was the most convenient for the team.

KantoSooner
9/4/2014, 04:04 PM
Moral behavior, Over here.

Permissible behavior, over there.

Understandable behavior, some other place.

18 year old out at 2:30 a.m.? Bad idea to start with. But understandable and permissible. Being 20 and drunk/drugged off your ***? Another bad idea. And this one is not permissible, it's illegal. But also highly understandable.

See? Not hard to get your mind around. Mixon shouldn't have done it. Hell, he shouldn't have been there in the first place. He is not, however, Satan. Nor is he alone in the human race who would have responded precisely as he did.

nighttrain12
9/4/2014, 04:05 PM
The video will be posted online by the media on Nov. 1st (according to the articles above). Also, reporter Jason Kersey said above that she missed Mixon's face when she tried to slap him and hit him a little lower. The fact Boren/Stoops suspended him for a year (after viewing the tape) is because he broke a girl's face with a punch without any justification.

EatLeadCommie
9/4/2014, 04:24 PM
Without ANY justification? That seems to be a stretch. There was justification. There just wasn't enough in your mind.

KantoSooner
9/4/2014, 04:45 PM
Don't get in the way of a good righteous rant.

Crucify Him! Hang Him In Chains From The City Gate! Ten Thousand Lashes Of The Cat!

cvsooner
9/4/2014, 04:45 PM
Let's put the video aside, because most of us haven't seen it, and most of us won't change our opinions, whatever they are, till we see it (if ever).

After seeing how our backs performed in game one, do we really miss having yet another running back sharing carries, receptions, blocking, special teams duties, etc. with Keith Ford, Alex Ross and Samaje Perine?

After Louisiana Tech, I suspect that the Mixon suspension was because someone needed to redshirt/get benched/transfer, and this was the most convenient for the team.

^^^This. You think maybe Stoops had already told Mixon he was going to redshirt? Yeah, me too.

olevetonahill
9/4/2014, 04:58 PM
Don't get in the way of a good righteous rant.

Crucify Him! Hang Him In Chains From The City Gate! Ten Thousand Lashes Of The Cat!

Well only 9,999 since the Yainch done lashed him at least ONCE

The Vid wont be released until the Judge that ordered it sealed says its ok to release it. Not some reporter.

Wishboned
9/4/2014, 05:01 PM
Well only 9,999 since the Yainch done lashed him at least ONCE

The Vid wont be released until the Judge that ordered it sealed says its ok to release it. Not some reporter.

She wasn't a yainch. She was a dainty girl. I think she was going to be the next Mother Teresa but has to wait until her massive reconstructive surgery is complete.

olevetonahill
9/4/2014, 05:28 PM
She wasn't a yainch. She was a dainty girl. I think she was going to be the next Mother Teresa but has to wait until her massive reconstructive surgery is complete.

My Bad, she was prolly gonna Help Mike Brown with his studies and do a Duet with him singin Amazin Grace in the AME church of the Pentecost

8timechamps
9/4/2014, 06:04 PM

Are you being serious? (honestly, I can't tell).

Mixon was going to play a lot this year (and if the early reports are to be believed, he looked like he was a cut above the current 3). Currently, we are sitting at 84 scholarship players (one less than allowed). So, opening a scholarship had nothing to do with this...at all. Then there's the curious case of Quincy Russell and Cortez Johnson (both quit the program last week, then changed their minds and were back at practice this week). If Stoops needed to open a scholarship, there were plenty of options, Mixon wasn't one of them.

Mixon was suspended for a year because of the current environment of 'violence against women' in the NCAA. Really, really bad timing on his part (not that there's ever good timing for something like that). Interestingly enough, the NFL (who had given Ray Rice a slap on the wrist for knocking out his wife) did a quick about face soon after Mixon's suspension. I'm not necessarily saying it OU's punishment had anything to do with it, but to go from a 2 game suspension to a 6 game suspension (followed by a lifetime ban in the event of a second occurrence) is a big change for the NFL.

Anyway, I do agree that even if the video goes public, it isn't going to change anyone's opinion (one way or the other). I just wish it would come out already, so everyone can move on.

BoulderSooner79
9/4/2014, 07:11 PM
Anyway, I do agree that even if the video goes public, it isn't going to change anyone's opinion (one way or the other). I just wish it would come out already, so everyone can move on.

Totally agree with this; if anything, the reporters take on the video reinforces the accuracy of the police report. That's why I feel Mixon had his part in the whole deal - the verbal escalation had been going on for a while and he was involved. Not sure why everyone dismisses that part. Also, very few people would have responded as Mixon did - including the folks here that claim they would have. Both these young people made bad decisions and acted badly and they have both paid for it. Hope they learn and move on.

8timechamps
9/4/2014, 08:20 PM
Totally agree with this; if anything, the reporters take on the video reinforces the accuracy of the police report. That's why I feel Mixon had his part in the whole deal - the verbal escalation had been going on for a while and he was involved. Not sure why everyone dismisses that part. Also, very few people would have responded as Mixon did - including the folks here that claim they would have. Both these young people made bad decisions and acted badly and they have both paid for it. Hope they learn and move on.

Mixon definitely did his part in this. He chose to act on his anger, if he had blown it off or walked away it would be a non-issue. I don't, for one second, think the girl is without fault. She started the physical altercation. He just made a poor decision that has severe consequences.

I don't know a lot about Mixon's background, other than this appears to be out of character for him. I don't know what kind of neighborhood he grew up in or what the external factors were in his upbringing. He may have come from a rough area, where arguments always turn into altercations. He's also pretty young, so I don't discount any of that in his response. It's probably not something I would have done, but I do realize that everyone is different.

At this point, he's serving his penalty, and for a kid that is only at OU to play football, I can imagine he's suffering. I don't agree with the D.A.'s reasoning for the charge, but that too is marching forward. In a month or so, this will all be out of the media and replaced by football, or other 'story of the day' issues. That's why I hate that the video didn't go public. It's something that's there in the background, lurking, waiting to come out somewhere down the line. Even though this issue will be resolved, and people will have moved on, if this video comes out in 6 months, it'll bring it all right back to the front page.

Like you said, hopefully he's learned.

nighttrain12
9/4/2014, 08:34 PM
We will all get to see the video on November 1st when it is posted on various news websites.

http://newsok.com/seven-questions-and-answers-about-the-joe-mixon-video/article/5338706

Q: Why did police not release the video?

A: The assistant city attorney said the current Open Records Act only allows inspection of law enforcement records. He said a change in the law Nov. 1 will permit copying. The media disagreed with his position and sought the immediate release of the video. The attorney did not budge.

Q: So, how can the public see the video?

A: Make a request under the Open Records Act. Or, wait until Nov. 1 when news organizations get their copies and show it.

badger
9/4/2014, 09:19 PM
Are you being serious? (honestly, I can't tell).

Mixon was going to play a lot this year (and if the early reports are to be believed, he looked like he was a cut above the current 3). Currently, we are sitting at 84 scholarship players (one less than allowed). So, opening a scholarship had nothing to do with this...at all. Then there's the curious case of Quincy Russell and Cortez Johnson (both quit the program last week, then changed their minds and were back at practice this week). If Stoops needed to open a scholarship, there were plenty of options, Mixon wasn't one of them.

Mixon was suspended for a year because of the current environment of 'violence against women' in the NCAA.

I was being serious, because I don't see us keeping four talented backs happy let alone the three that had awesome showings last Saturday. While mixon may be ahead of some on depth chart... Enough to raise a stink to the NCAA a la dgb? Apparently not, especially, as you say, when title ix is getting emphasized in college.

Time will tell but after week one, ou looks solid at rb sans mixon

Turd_Ferguson
9/4/2014, 09:28 PM
4 deep > 3 deep.

8timechamps
9/4/2014, 09:41 PM
I was being serious, because I don't see us keeping four talented backs happy let alone the three that had awesome showings last Saturday. While mixon may be ahead of some on depth chart... Enough to raise a stink to the NCAA a la dgb? Apparently not, especially, as you say, when title ix is getting emphasized in college.

Time will tell but after week one, ou looks solid at rb sans mixon

While Stoops may not be able to keep all 4 happy, that certainly doesn't play into the decision. Only Ford and Ross had seen action (and not much of it), so there was no way to know how Perine and/or Mixon would do. Stoops isn't never going to suspend a kid because he needs another scholarship.

We also learned a few years ago that you can never have enough RBs on the roster. I know all three guys looked solid in the opener, but it's a long season and the competition will get much tougher.

BoulderSooner79
9/4/2014, 09:44 PM
Fortunately, it's not a case of 3 RBs vs. 4. We have a couple of other guys that are pretty capable hoping to get their turn.

Eielson
9/4/2014, 09:51 PM
4 deep > 3 deep.

I might beg to differ. We had too many RB's getting carries last year.

But once we get Mixon back next year, I really don't care if Ross or Perrine transfer. I'd care if both transferred, but I think we'd be just fine with Mixon and Ford.

Widescreen
9/4/2014, 10:36 PM

But once we get Mixon back next year, I really don't care if Ross or Perrine transfer. I'd care if both transferred, but I think we'd be just fine with Mixon and Ford.
Wow. You're awfully willing to throw players away after one game.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
9/5/2014, 12:10 AM
Time will tell but after week one, ou looks solid at rb sans mixonNext year COULD be the last at OU for Ross and Ford, if they rate high enough in NFL draft evaluation, and decide to do that.

badger
9/5/2014, 09:05 AM
Ah, see here, I've started another debate :)

Let's see how the Tulsa game plays out and if you're not still satisfied with our three really great running backs, wait for Tennessee... and we'll just keep up this game till Bob hoists the new playoff championship trophy :D

:mad: Of course, you might be thinking that you'll get the opportunity to gloat after one plays badly or gets injured. See, badger? I was right! We DID need more running back depth after all! But you're not thinking things through like I already have. Do you really think you'll sound very good gloating about an OU player (and they're young, so barely 20s but likely teenagers) playing poorly or being hurt, you insensitive prick?

So let's come to an agreement now: Watch OU football.

cherokeebrewer
9/5/2014, 09:42 AM
Yep. It's instinctive and reflexive.

I see this a lot, even from his attorney. If it's "instinctive and reflexive", how does he respond to another bad situation not related to the current one?...That's a rhetorical question. I still think giving Mia a stiff arm and doing the Heisman pose woulda been real cool...

KantoSooner
9/5/2014, 09:55 AM
And a lot smarter. But consider how long it takes for martial arts types to learn the detachment that lets them truly master their opponents. That control, under stress situations, takes time to develop. And stud football players at his age have very rarely had mindless aggression discouraged.

SoonerMarkVA
9/5/2014, 10:38 AM

Seriously? I thought he looked fantastic.

cvsooner
9/5/2014, 12:27 PM
Wasn't Alex Ross benched pretty early last season for punching a defender during a game? The 15 yard penalty for unsportsmanlike conduct pretty much wiped out the 19 yards he gained in three carries. Plus we had three senior running backs to utilize. If Ford hadn't had a fumbling problem, I think we'd have seen him more, but Ross was held out from carries due to immaturity, frankly. I suspect Mixon is getting a similar lesson, though of course his stupid retaliation in this case had disastrous consequences for the girl.

With Ford, Ross and Perrine coming along nicely, at least so far, giving Mixon a chance to grow up and learn the system seems like a pretty wise course to take, in my view.

Widescreen
9/5/2014, 02:04 PM
Wasn't Alex Ross benched pretty early last season for punching a defender during a game? The 15 yard penalty for unsportsmanlike conduct pretty much wiped out the 19 yards he gained in three carries. Plus we had three senior running backs to utilize. If Ford hadn't had a fumbling problem, I think we'd have seen him more, but Ross was held out from carries due to immaturity, frankly. I suspect Mixon is getting a similar lesson, though of course his stupid retaliation in this case had disastrous consequences for the girl.

With Ford, Ross and Perrine coming along nicely, at least so far, giving Mixon a chance to grow up and learn the system seems like a pretty wise course to take, in my view.
The problem is I don't know how much of the system he can learn since the only involvement he's allowed to have is to stand around and watch practice and games. Basically he's been relegated to fan status.

SoonerorLater
9/5/2014, 02:07 PM

I would like for the administration to come out with a clear statement why Mixon was suspended.

olevetonahill
9/5/2014, 02:29 PM
I would like for the administration to come out with a clear statement why Mixon was suspended.

He Knocked the shat out of a Drunk, mouthy Broad
Pay tention :drunk:

Tear Down This Wall
9/5/2014, 02:37 PM
I liked Perrine last week. Perfectly fine with Mixon redshirting. Plenty of depth, and he can learn a little anger management in the process.

SoonerorLater
9/5/2014, 02:43 PM

I want to hear THEM say why.

olevetonahill
9/5/2014, 02:44 PM
I want to hear THEM say why.

Picky Bastage aint ya. :highly_amused:

KantoSooner
9/5/2014, 03:12 PM
I was once fired for whistling while I worked. I finally told them I wouldn't even ask for vacation pay if they'd just issue me a letter saying that. It hangs over my bar to this day. I was so proud.

olevetonahill
9/5/2014, 03:37 PM
I was once fired for whistling while I worked. I finally told them I wouldn't even ask for vacation pay if they'd just issue me a letter saying that. It hangs over my bar to this day. I was so proud.

But ya was Whistling at the Bosses Daughter.

cvsooner
9/5/2014, 03:58 PM
The problem is I don't know how much of the system he can learn since the only involvement he's allowed to have is to stand around and watch practice and games. Basically he's been relegated to fan status.

You think that's what's happening right now? Okay.

KantoSooner
9/5/2014, 03:59 PM
I think I was mashing up the theme from the Addams Family with Handel's Messiah. When you're washing dishes at the age of 20, you do a lot to keep from going psychotic.

yermom
9/5/2014, 04:49 PM

if you can't understand why you don't punch a girl in the face, i'm not sure what else needs to be said.

it looks terrible for OU. you can't embarrass the university and expect to suit up. if this was most jobs, he would probably be on unemployment already.

SoonerorLater
9/5/2014, 04:56 PM
if you can't understand why you don't punch a girl in the face, i'm not sure what else needs to be said.

it looks terrible for OU. you can't embarrass the university and expect to suit up. if this was most jobs, he would probably be on unemployment already.

No no no. I understand full well why they did it. What I said was I want the administration to come flat out and give the reason for the suspension from Boren's lips.

BoulderSooner79
9/5/2014, 05:26 PM
No no no. I understand full well why they did it. What I said was I want the administration to come flat out and give the reason for the suspension from Boren's lips.

That happens right after those folks in h*ll get that ice water they've requested.

Curly Bill
9/5/2014, 09:08 PM

Because the direction of the political winds said he should be.

BoulderSooner79
9/5/2014, 09:27 PM
Because the direction of the political winds said he should be.

And that's good enough for me.

aurorasooner
9/5/2014, 09:29 PM

I wonder if the OU staffer who did this was suspended for the year? "Shirley" He/she was. :highly_amused:

The University of Oklahoma may need to go back to school

http://awfuladvertisements.com/2014/the-university-of-oklahoma-may-need-to-go-back-to-school.html

The University of Oklahoma may need to attend some grammar classes. The school ran an ad on Fox Sports Oklahoma during their massive 48-16 win over Louisiana Tech. The banner encouraged viewers to obtain their degree and transform their lives. There was just one big problem.

That’s an ugly mistake. Nothing beats advertising your school and then butchering the difference between “your” and “you’re” during a game seen by a huge audience.

Curly Bill
9/5/2014, 09:30 PM
And that's good enough for me.

Oh I know, you think he hit some princess and should be banished to the nether regions of hell for it.

I think he hit some nasty skank that hit him first and he should get a medal for it.

My opinion is the right one, and your's is the right one if we were all in Don Quixote.

BoulderSooner79
9/5/2014, 09:49 PM
Oh I know, you think he hit some princess and should be banished to the nether regions of hell for it.

I think he hit some nasty skank that hit him first and he should get a medal for it.

My opinion is the right one, and your's is the right one if we were all in Don Quixote.

Tying this to being PC is total BS, but you keep clinging to that. Mixon was just as involved as the chick and is paying the price and it's as simple as that. You can take your right opinion down to Starbucks for some coffee, but you better have $4 to go with it.

Curly Bill
9/5/2014, 09:56 PM
Tying this to being PC is total BS, but you keep clinging to that. Mixon was just as involved as the chick and is paying the price and it's as simple as that. You can take your right opinion down to Starbucks for some coffee, but you better have $4 to go with it.

I don't frequent Starbucks - too many hipsters, PC wankers, and girly-men, but I'm not surprised you referenced it.

...and nothing is rarely: "as simple as that" That's a simpleminded statement. Reminds me of anyone who would make a blanket statement like: It's never okay to hit a girl. I have the capacity for nuanced thought - it's a hell of a thing. I could tell you about it, but I can't impart it to you.

BoulderSooner79
9/5/2014, 10:09 PM
It's never okay to hit a girl is very old school, not PC. But you don't like PC and you don't like Mixon's punishment so you try to bundle the two together. And you're right - it's never that simple. In this case, it's probably worse than reported. Even if the school took no action now, their's still that nasty little detail that there are charges pending. Not from the school or some title IX nonsense, but the county DA. But wait, he must be a PC idiot too because you disagree with him.

Curly Bill
9/5/2014, 10:15 PM
It's never okay to hit a girl is very old school, not PC. But you don't like PC and you don't like Mixon's punishment so you try to bundle the two together. And you're right - it's never that simple. In this case, it's probably worse than reported. Even if the school took no action now, their's still that nasty little detail that there are charges pending. Not from the school or some title IX nonsense, but the county DA. But wait, he must be a PC idiot too because you disagree with him.

You were bound to strike gold with something, so yeah - That's at least one indication he's a PC idiot.

Eielson
9/6/2014, 01:12 PM
Wow. You're awfully willing to throw players away after one game.

I didn't attempt to throw anybody away. I'm saying that we'll be just fine if one of them leaves. It's not like they're Adrian Peterson.

badger
9/8/2014, 01:42 PM

Anyone else see the TMZ Ray Rice video that surfaced today? If not here you go. (http://www.tmz.com/2014/09/08/ray-rice-elevator-knockout-fiancee-takes-crushing-punch-video/)

Will this be what the Mixon tape shows the public whenever it is released? Ugggggggh

cvsooner
9/8/2014, 01:42 PM
Jason Kersey tweeted this morning, "If you're curious about what the Joe Mixon punch looked like, watch the new Ray Rice video. Only difference is that Rice's is left-handed."

Rice has just been released from the Ravens. If Kersey's description is accurate, you still think Boren/Castiglione/Stoops didn't do the right thing?

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
9/8/2014, 01:48 PM
Anyone else see the TMZ Ray Rice video that surfaced today? If not here you go. (http://www.tmz.com/2014/09/08/ray-rice-elevator-knockout-fiancee-takes-crushing-punch-video/)

Will this be what the Mixon tape shows the public whenever it is released? UggggggghWell then, Mixon's suspension for the year may turn out to be reasonable. The only beef I have at this point with Presidente Boren is his handling of the Frank Shannon situation.

BoulderSooner79
9/8/2014, 01:49 PM
This is actually good news. It shows that Mixon is a more explosive athlete than Rice who didn't manage to break even one bone. Rice even left her face in good enough shape to marry her.

I guess this shows how people react to videos. I mean the Ravens had to know what it looked like given she was out cold, so why release him now? The media folks that have seen the Mixon tape described it the exact same way. Maybe since OU has already suspended him for the year, there won't be such a public reaction. But who knows.

cvsooner
9/8/2014, 02:02 PM
This is actually good news. It shows that Mixon is a more explosive athlete than Rice who didn't manage to break even one bone. Rice even left her face in good enough shape to marry her.

I know you think this mean this to be funny, but, srsly, dude. There is a line and it's been crossed.

BoulderSooner79
9/8/2014, 02:07 PM
I know you think this mean this to be funny, but, srsly, dude. There is a line and it's been crossed.

Rice crossed the line, not me. And it was a long time ago.

I'm guessing you're no Tosh.0 fan.

nighttrain12
9/8/2014, 11:14 PM
I can't find the previous article that said it but this one by Berry Tramel confirms OU officials have already seen the Mixon video. By (new) law, it will be available to the public on Nov. 1st.

http://newsok.com/ray-rice-case-nfl-makes-ou-look-good-in-joe-mixon-case/article/5340073

Also, OU officials have seen the video. They will not be surprised by anything on Nov. 1.

yermom
9/8/2014, 11:27 PM
They saw it before the media did

olevetonahill
9/8/2014, 11:43 PM
They saw it before the media did

Yup. Im ok with whats happened so Far, if The Team and Mixon are satisfied so am I .

dennis580
9/9/2014, 06:19 AM
Jason Kersey tweeted this morning, "If you're curious about what the Joe Mixon punch looked like, watch the new Ray Rice video. Only difference is that Rice's is left-handed."

Rice has just been released from the Ravens. If Kersey's description is accurate, you still think Boren/Castiglione/Stoops didn't do the right thing?

Your totally, and completely missing the point. Ray had no justification at all to throw that punch it doesn't matter what the punch looks like. Mixon better have a much better reason then Ray such as being hit first by the woman, and defending himself with a counter punch. What the punch looks like doesn't matter. What matters is did he get hit first, and was he just trying to defend himself with a counter punch?

Aries
9/9/2014, 07:55 AM
Your totally, and completely missing the point. Ray had no justification at all to throw that punch it doesn't matter what the punch looks like. Mixon better have a much better reason then Ray such as being hit first by the woman, and defending himself with a counter punch. What the punch looks like doesn't matter. What matters is did he get hit first, and was he just trying to defend himself with a counter punch?

Rice's wife spit on him. Had that been the same situation with Mixon, people would be defending him based on that. </shrug>

olevetonahill
9/9/2014, 08:21 AM
Rice's wife spit on him. Had that been the same situation with Mixon, people would be defending him based on that. </shrug>

One of us ort to watch that again. I thot he Spit on her and thats when she went at HIM and he knocked her out

Aries
9/9/2014, 08:39 AM
One of us ort to watch that again. I thot he Spit on her and thats when she went at HIM and he knocked her out

As I watched it on the news, the "anchor" (or commentator or whatever) says "You can clearly see in the video that she spit on him". Honestly, It wasn't clear enough (and I only saw it a couple of times) for me to say either way. I'm going on their statement.

olevetonahill
9/9/2014, 08:42 AM
As I watched it on the news, the "anchor" (or commentator or whatever) says "You can clearly see in the video that she spit on him". Honestly, It wasn't clear enough (and I only saw it a couple of times) for me to say either way. I'm going on their statement.

I dont watch News reporters so I cant say one way or the other about them
I did rewatch and it clearly looks like He spit on her just after the get on the elevator
Dont know Dont much care. If she dont GAS then I dont either. :drunk: