PDA

View Full Version : I can't find any confident VOLS fans here in East Tennessee,

Rogue
8/16/2014, 05:16 PM
Offering prop bets, 2-year bets, whatever. Slackers.

I've been waiting for this game for years, I think it was scheduled by 2004 when I moved here, if not shortly after.

I cleaned up on the SuperBowl this year, lots of Peyton fans here still think he can win a Championship Game, like fish in a barrel I tell ya.

Maybe I'll get one of them inebriated soon and get a wager. Either way, it'll be my first game in Norman in a long while.

Two things:

A) What's new in the last many years on gameday? I know the old Social Work Bldg is now a parking lot. O'Connells too, right? Campus Corner? Guess I can't get a Double-Onion Cheeseburger at the Quarter House. Can I still wander between a pizza joint and Joe's Taverna without going outside?

2) Any good smack talk you can think of to provoke some VOLS into betting? Should I just chant "SEC, SEC?"

Sabanball
8/16/2014, 05:54 PM
You must not be willing to give enough points. I know I would want at least 28. This is a horrible Tennessee team and you guys are a consensus top 3 preseason team with a highly regarded QB. The game should not be close.

8timechamps
8/16/2014, 05:58 PM
Rouge, where in E. Tennessee are you located? Maybe they are too focused on the new ETSU football team. :D