PDA

View Full Version : I strongly disagree with this Law. They are Illegal we owe NOTHING.

olevetonahill
8/13/2014, 08:01 AM
Holy hell according to the feds If some barges into your Home you should feed and care for them forever. **** that noise

Illegal immigrant children are entitled to a free public education under federal law. Schools across the country are preparing for an influx of new students in the coming weeks
Read more at http://www.inquisitr.com/1407856/illegal-immigrant-children-in-the-classroom-schools-brace-for-50000-new-students/#qhvzDaEITsEVta3J.99

okie52
8/13/2014, 10:02 AM
Holy hell according to the feds If some barges into your Home you should feed and care for them forever. **** that noise

Its been that way since CA voters in 1994 (I think) voted overwhelmingly to deny illegals benefits including education. The vote was overturned by a district court and was not appealed by the incoming governor. If I remember correctly, the district court had ruled that the illegal children were protected under the "equal protection" clause which did not specifically state "citizen".

Another sorry azz hole in the constitution that should be corrected.

olevetonahill
8/13/2014, 10:05 AM
Its been that way since CA voters in 1994 (I think) voted overwhelmingly to deny illegals benefits including education. The vote was overturned by a district court and was not appealed by the incoming governor. If I remember correctly, the district court had ruled that the illegal children were protected under the "equal protection" clause which did not specifically state "citizen".

Another sorry azz hole in the constitution that should be corrected.

Okie that article said it was required by Fed Law.

okie52
8/13/2014, 10:12 AM
Okie that article said it was required by Fed Law.

Yep, that is why it trumps CAs vote (law)...equal protection under the constitution.

okie52
8/13/2014, 10:17 AM
California Proposition 187, Illegal Aliens Ineligible for Public Benefits (1994)
Contents [hide]

California Proposition 187 was on the November 8, 1994 general election ballot in California as an initiated state statute, where it was approved. However, it has never been enforced.[1]
The goal of Proposition 187 was to make illegal aliens ineligible for public benefits. It came in the middle of a deep recession in California and was popular partly because the fiscal estimate from the California Legislative Analyst's Office said that it would save the state about $200 million/year.[2]
Proposition 187's approval was the first time that any American state passed legislation related to immigration.[3]

The day after Proposition 187 was approved by the state's voters, several groups filed federal lawsuits against it, including the Mexican-American Legal Defense/Education Fund (MALDEF), the League of Latin American Citizens (LULAC) and the ACLU.

Three days after Proposition 187 was approved, on November 11, federal district court judge Matthew Byrne issued a temporary injunction against the state of California, forbidding the enforcement of Prop 187. Federal judge Marianna Pfaelzer then issued a permanent injunction, pending a trial. The state of California asked in 1997 for the case to be dismissed and the injunction dropped, on the grounds that federal immigration law had changed in the meantime. The federal court denied the request that the case be dismissed. The state of California never appealed that decision, so the permanent injunction stands, and the case has never proceeded to trial.[4]

The vote was over 58% for eliminating benefits.

http://ballotpedia.org/California_Proposition_187,_Illegal_Aliens_Ineligi ble_for_Public_Benefits_(1994)