PDA

View Full Version : Breitbart editor's IQ decreases 23% since 2008

SanJoaquinSooner
8/12/2014, 07:22 PM
The editor's headline does not follow from the writer's article.

U.S. jobs pay an average 23% less today than they did before the 2008 recession, according to a new report released on Monday by the United States Conference of Mayors.

Jobs lost during the recession paid an average $61,637. As of 2014, jobs in the same sectors paid an average of $47,171 annually.

Sooner8th
8/12/2014, 08:52 PM

U.S. jobs pay an average 23% less today than they did before the 2008 recession, according to a new report released on Monday by the United States Conference of Mayors.

Jobs lost during the recession paid an average $61,637. As of 2014, jobs in the same sectors paid an average of $47,171 annually.

I won't do you any good to post what what the report really said. The rightwing media has already set the narrative and these guys will buy into it hook, line and sinker. Jobs gained coming out of a recession will always be at lower wages because of supply and demand. Once employment is up then wages will come up, but probably not enough to make up for lower wages. They didn't scream and cry about when during the 2001-2002 recession, the wage gap was 12%.

That must be the conservative economy 12% less income and losing 850,000 jobs.

FaninAma
8/12/2014, 09:04 PM

The report is from the US Conference of Mayors. They compare this recession's impact to the recession in 2001-2002 and found wages fell almost twice as much after 2008. Wages haven't recovered after 6 years. This despite unbridled monetary stimulus by the Federal Reserve.

You won't find me defending Bush's record on the economy but Bush is no longer in office. How much longer are you leftist cultists going to defend your guy?

And was it necessary to start another thread to respond to my original post?

Sooner8th
8/12/2014, 09:09 PM
The report is from the US Conference of Mayors. They compare this recession's impact to the recession in 2001-2002 and found wages fell almost twice as much after 2008. Wages haven't recovered after 6 years. This despite unbridled monetary stimulus by the Federal Reserve.

You won't find me defending Bush's record on the economy but Bush is no longer in office. How much longer are you leftist cultists going to defend your guy?

Who is defending who? Just pointing out the obvious when I said you didn't see anyone scream and cry about this when it was happening under bush.

I am sure people would rather have a lower paying job rather than no job at all.

FaninAma
8/12/2014, 09:29 PM
Who is defending who? Just pointing out the obvious when I said you didn't see anyone scream and cry about this when it was happening under bush.

I am sure people would rather lower paying job rather than no job at all.
I truly don't know how to reply to your response. I'll just let it stand on its own merits.

Sooner8th
8/12/2014, 09:41 PM
I truly don't know how to reply to your response. I'll just let it stand on its own merits.

Sorry - left out a word.

I am sure people would rather have a lower paying job rather than no job at all.