PDA

View Full Version : Truce

Sooner8th
8/1/2014, 11:22 PM
OK guys, I thought about what rock on said. Truce?

I'll stop the hyperbole and name calling, you?

Rock on - my apologies - same to the rest of you.

Turd_Ferguson
8/2/2014, 02:16 AM
**** off, dip ****!

CK Sooner
8/2/2014, 03:45 AM
OK guys, I thought about what rock on said. Truce?

I'll stop the hyperbole and name calling, you?

Rock on - my apologies - same to the rest of you.

http://i.imgur.com/H2RE6Xd.gif

Sooner8th
8/2/2014, 07:15 AM
**** off, dip ****!

Just making an effort here.

olevetonahill
8/2/2014, 08:05 AM
But will you stop posting 15 paragraph responses to simple questions?

Sooner8th
8/2/2014, 09:00 AM
But will you stop posting 15 paragraph responses to simple questions?

I'll give it a try. It's when i do post then i get the prove it, so i'll try. You guys like having one word answers when most questions are a not more nuanced than that.

olevetonahill
8/2/2014, 09:54 AM
I'll give it a try. It's when i do post then i get the prove it, so i'll try. You guys like having one word answers when most questions are a not more nuanced than that.

Naw, Its more like you adhere to the Philosophy of "If ya Cant dazzel em with Brilliance, then Baffle em with Bullsh!t "

Thats why Ituned you out when you 1st started posting. That and you came across as a smug condescending arrogant prick.

REDREX
8/2/2014, 11:04 AM
This will last as long as the truce between the Palestinians and the Jews

Sooner8th
8/2/2014, 12:17 PM

Nope, I don't think so. what are they accomplishing? Nothing - just like us.

Sooner8th
8/2/2014, 12:18 PM
Naw, Its more like you adhere to the Philosophy of "If ya Cant dazzel em with Brilliance, then Baffle em with Bullsh!t "

Thats why Ituned you out when you 1st started posting. That and you came across as a smug condescending arrogant prick.

I have to disagree, I just try to backup my positions with facts and data, which contradict your beliefs and you don't like it so you write it off as bull****.

Curly Bill
8/2/2014, 02:51 PM
I mostly write stuff off as bullsh*t, when it is in fact bullsh*t.

...but that's just me.

CK Sooner
8/3/2014, 02:08 AM

He's gonna kidnap olevet

olevetonahill
8/3/2014, 06:27 AM
He's gonna kidnap olevet

He best have an endless supply of Natty.
I know my rights!

rock on sooner
8/3/2014, 09:19 AM
I know my rights!

Vet does have his priorities in order!!

olevetonahill
8/3/2014, 09:32 AM
Vet does have his priorities in order!!

:friendly_wink:

Sooner8th
8/3/2014, 09:59 AM
I know my rights!

Is that part of the geneva convention?

olevetonahill
8/3/2014, 01:55 PM
Is that part of the geneva convention?

Thats The Olevets Rules of conduct!

okie52
8/4/2014, 06:17 PM
I thought 8th's truce proposal fried Soonerfans circuits.

rock on sooner
8/4/2014, 07:55 PM
Thats The Olevets Rules of conduct!

And, ifn its his day to carry the 60 yew better offer at least
3 30 packs on the front end...jus sayin:excitement:

ouwasp
8/4/2014, 10:02 PM
Let me know if he truly becomes civil; I'd be happy to remove 8th from the ignore list.

I enjoy contemplating alternate views. But not when they are served up with all the vitriol of battery acid.

CK Sooner
8/4/2014, 10:06 PM
Sooner8th ddosed the boards in effect ending the truce guidelines

FaninAma
8/5/2014, 01:26 PM
I'll continue to try and be civil to you but I do not like you. You are insulting and acerbic in your posts. Your cult-like support of the Democrats and all of their actions is dangerous and a threat to my children's future. It is silly for you to ask everybody to act like all the insults you have hurled their way should just now just be considered water under the bridge.

If you are truly not a troll then I am amazed by your lack of objectivity and analysis of the politicians and policies you support.

Sooner8th
8/5/2014, 01:50 PM
I'll continue to try and be civil to you but I do not like you. You are insulting and acerbic in your posts. Your cult-like support of the Democrats and all of their actions is dangerous and a threat to my children's future. It is silly for you to ask everybody to act like all the insults you have hurled their way should just now just be considered water under the bridge.

If you are truly not a troll then I am amazed by your lack of objectivity and analysis of the politicians and policies you support.

Funny how you describe me as cult like support of the dems, which is EXACTLY how I describe you with conservatives and republicans. You have backed conservative and republican positions even when I show the facts and data are not on your side.

You don't see me posting consistently from leftwing websites.

Turd_Ferguson
8/5/2014, 01:51 PM
Funny how you describe me as cult like support of the dems, which is EXACTLY how I describe you with conservatives and republicans. You have backed conservative and republican positions even when I show the facts and data are not on your side.

The only thing you've showed us is how well you like obamadong...

Sooner8th
8/5/2014, 01:56 PM

Yep....just keep ignoring all the facts and data I post and link to. You guys take me showing your hypocrisy and with how bush did and how obama is doing for me liking him. Just like this whole lawsuit about delaying obamacare - bush did the same thing with part D and you didn't sue him.

olevetonahill
8/5/2014, 02:22 PM
Yep....just keep ignoring all the facts and data I post and link to. You guys take me showing your hypocrisy and with how bush did and how obama is doing for me liking him. Just like this whole lawsuit about delaying obamacare - bush did the same thing with part D and you didn't sue him.

Your still a moronic Dildo. YOU are the ONLY one here who actually believes HIS/HER side is absolutely correct in every thing they do.

Hell Im a Retard yet I know the Libs have some sound points Its just that they are usually buried under 20 tons of Bullshat, Much like the One or two Good points You make from time to time.

You do realize that with your Last post you called every one here an Idiot and you are the Only one with the Correct answers dont ya?

Its People like You an pelosi an Reed that scare the shat out of me more than Obama.

BoulderSooner79
8/5/2014, 02:30 PM
Israel and Hamas have a truce in progress too - which one will last the longest?

olevetonahill
8/5/2014, 02:37 PM
Israel and Hamas have a truce in progress too - which one will last the longest?

BS79 you an i dont always agree, Hell hardly ever i think, This clown dint engage in a Truce he just changed Ammo

Sooner8th
8/5/2014, 03:07 PM
Your still a moronic Dildo. YOU are the ONLY one here who actually believes HIS/HER side is absolutely correct in every thing they do.

Hell Im a Retard yet I know the Libs have some sound points Its just that they are usually buried under 20 tons of Bullshat, Much like the One or two Good points You make from time to time.

You do realize that with your Last post you called every one here an Idiot and you are the Only one with the Correct answers dont ya?

Its People like You an pelosi an Reed that scare the shat out of me more than Obama.

I guess I assumed people would understand I meant you taking what I post for liking obama.

Now I want to point out - turd started with the obamadong and you started with the moronic dildo. hhhuummm, no wonder you're claiming i called every one here an Idiot, justifies the name calling.

Turd_Ferguson
8/5/2014, 03:34 PM
Okay, I giggled when I seen 8th typed "obamadong"...

BoulderSooner79
8/5/2014, 04:50 PM

BS79 you an i dont always agree, Hell hardly ever i think, This clown dint engage in a Truce he just changed Ammo

I was just being my usual smart***. And you never agree with me? Oh well, at least you send me birthday greetings.

Curly Bill
8/5/2014, 09:23 PM
I guess I assumed people would understand I meant you taking what I post for liking obama.

Now I want to point out - turd started with the obamadong and you started with the moronic dildo. hhhuummm, no wonder you're claiming i called every one here an Idiot, justifies the name calling.

Technically, you started on the obamadong. Turd just pointed it out! Bahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!

olevetonahill
8/6/2014, 05:19 AM
I was just being my usual smart***. And you never agree with me? Oh well, at least you send me birthday greetings.

Thats cause "I Like YOU"

olevetonahill
8/6/2014, 05:22 AM

No Son. I take your posts for being the rantings of a Moronic Dildo!
From your 1st posts you were Talkin "DOWN" to all of us. Fuc* You

Sooner8th
8/6/2014, 06:56 AM
Technically, you started on the obamadong. Turd just pointed it out! Bahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!

No as a matter of fact I didn't. Post #24.

Curly Bill
8/6/2014, 07:35 AM
No as a matter of fact I didn't. Post #24.

You can't transfer your love of obamadong onto others - it doesn't work like that.

Sooner8th
8/6/2014, 07:52 AM
You can't transfer your love of obamadong onto others - it doesn't work like that.

So that would mean you guys love yourself some bushdong, mcaindong and romneydong. That's a lota dong for you boys.

Curly Bill
8/6/2014, 07:54 AM
I love all kinds of dong. I even love me some bushdong, mcaindong and romneydong. That's a lota dong but I do love it!

I don't think I woulda told that!

olevetonahill
8/6/2014, 08:19 AM
I don't think I woulda told that!

Bro, He Twists,spins and deflects! ignore his moronicass

Curly Bill
8/6/2014, 08:34 AM
Bro, He Twists,spins and deflects! ignore his moronicass

I know, and it's obvious he's a troll, and not even a very good or believable one.

But troll or not, it's funny to mock his love of some :obama icon:dong!

olevetonahill
8/6/2014, 09:36 AM
I know, and it's obvious he's a troll, and not even a very good or believable one.

But troll or not, it's funny to mock his love of some :obama icon:dong!

http://www.olevetpossehideout.com/forums/images/smilies/yes.gif

BetterSoonerThanLater
8/6/2014, 01:55 PM
8th, can i ask you a question? i want you to be completely honest. No bull****:
--now remember, this is purely hypothetical--Do you think that if everyone believed and thought the way you do-- that a pure utopian environment would be feasible?

All i need is a yes or no.

Turd_Ferguson
8/6/2014, 06:32 PM

Prepare for a 98000 word cut and paste.

Sooner8th
8/6/2014, 07:25 PM
--now remember, this is purely hypothetical--Do you think that if everyone believed and thought the way you do-- that a pure utopian environment would be feasible?

no - does not exist.

BetterSoonerThanLater
8/7/2014, 03:34 PM
no - does not exist.

then why does the liberal left try so hard to institute one?

Sooner8th
8/7/2014, 03:59 PM
then why does the liberal left try so hard to institute one?

I am going to try really hard not to be sarcastic and answer the question.

First - I don't see anyone on the left trying to institute "a pure utopian environment", that is just more talking points from conservative talk radio hosts we understand it doesn't exist, unlike the no taxes and no government regulations untopia libertarians want to impose on our country.

Second - If promoting policies that you believe will help the lives of ordinary average people isn't the right trying to institute "a pure utopian environment", where there are no taxes and no government regulations?

Third - you really shouldn't believe rightwing talk show hosts and crazy right wing websites who promote that to gain audience and make more money.

rock on sooner
8/7/2014, 08:39 PM

I'm not 8th, but the answer is no...greed, conniving, under handed dealings,
untrustworthy, unrequited lust...in other words, the human factor prevents
such a thing....

olevetonahill
8/8/2014, 12:38 AM
such a thing....

So, Is that Libs Or Cons?

Come on Rock . I got ya Green , Dont side with KC troll!
. This Shat goes Both ways.

Curly Bill
8/8/2014, 01:01 AM

Ya think 8th is ever gonna come out and admit he's KC? Personally I don't see it happening. I think he's got too much time and effort invested in his 8th persona to give it up.

Sooner8th
8/8/2014, 07:52 AM

This is the thing with conservatives it has to be one or the other and it's not. It's both, the primary difference is the reaction from conservatives, when romeny made his fortune from taking companies that were doing ok but had great credit, loading them up with debt to pay themselves huge dividends, stop paying into their employees pension plans then turning it federal pension guarantee fund, then finally driving the company into bankruptcy, you guys celebrated him getting himself rich, but when al gore and bill clinton got themselves rich they were called hypocrites and derided by the same conservatives.

olevetonahill
8/8/2014, 08:06 AM
This is the thing with conservatives it has to be one or the other and it's not. It's both, the primary difference is the reaction from conservatives, when romeny made his fortune from taking companies that were doing ok but had great credit, loading them up with debt to pay themselves huge dividends, stop paying into their employees pension plans then turning it federal pension guarantee fund, then finally driving the company into bankruptcy, you guys celebrated him getting himself rich, but when al gore and bill clinton got themselves rich they were called hypocrites and derided by the same conservatives.

What the **** are you mumblin about? Who the hell is romeny? Who here has said ANYTHING about Him versus Slick willy and "I invented the internet" Moran

Curly Bill
8/8/2014, 08:16 AM
What the **** are you mumblin about? Who the hell is romeny? Who here has said ANYTHING about Him versus Slick willy and "I invented the internet" Moran

Liberalism is a disease that's eating away at what brain he ever had. KC//Troll is falling apart right before our eyes.

dwarthog
8/8/2014, 08:21 AM

First - I don't see anyone on the left trying to institute "a pure utopian environment", that is just more talking points from conservative talk radio hosts we understand it doesn't exist, unlike the no taxes and no government regulations untopia libertarians want to impose on our country.

Second - If promoting policies that you believe will help the lives of ordinary average people isn't the right trying to institute "a pure utopian environment", where there are no taxes and no government regulations?

Third - you really shouldn't believe rightwing talk show hosts and crazy right wing websites who promote that to gain audience and make more money.

Readers digest version.

Big government good. (We know whats best for you)

Small government bad. ( Freedom scary)

Right wing talk radio really bad... Websites too

pphilfran
8/8/2014, 08:36 AM
Staples
The idea for Staples originated in 1985, while founder Thomas G. Stemberg was working on a proposal for a different business. He needed a ribbon for his printer, but was unable to obtain one because his local dealer was closed for the Independence Day holiday. A frustration with the reliance on small stores for critical supplies combined with Stemberg's background in the grocery business led to a vision for an office supply superstore.[5] The first store was opened in the Brighton neighborhood of Boston in 1986. Staples started with backing from private equity firms including Bain Capital; Bain co-founder Mitt Romney served on the company's board of directors for the next 15 years, helping shape their business model.
During its 10th anniversary in 1996, Staples became a member of the Fortune 500 companies as sales surpassed $3 billion.

Accuride

http://www.courierpress.com/gleaner/columnists/chuck-stinnett/bains-accuride-days-not-likely-to-be-campaign

Was Accuride or its workers victimized by Bain? Considering there were no wholesale layoffs or plant closures during Bain's 18-month foray with Accuride, it's unlikely Accuride will be mentioned in upcoming political commercials.

Accuride retiree Barbara Butler goes even further. "That Bain company," she said, "probably saved us 500 jobs and a plant in Henderson, Ky."

To recap and elaborate, Accuride at the time was called Firestone Steel Products and was a division of Firestone Tire & Rubber. A couple of Bain executives who have authored books about business say Firestone Tire was a rather indifferent owner of Firestone Steel.

Firestone Tire & Rubber was struggling at the time; it had lost $6 million in 1985. The Firestone Steel division — a manufacturer of wheels and rims for commercial trucks and trailers — wasn't a major contributor to the company's revenues, accounting for only 5 percent of its sales. And Firestone Steel was not yet a dominant player in the truck wheel market.

There are many others, some of which could be found questionable...

Damon Corp

http://www.businessinsider.com/how-mitt-romney-made-his-money-2011-12

Under Romney, one of Bain Capital's more questionable deals was the firm's 1989 purchase of Damon, a medical testing company that ended up pleading guilty to defrauding the government and paying a $119 million fine. Although he sat on the company's board, Romney was never implicated, and Bain tripled its investment returns before selling the company in 1993. Romney personally got $473,000 from the deal, according to the Boston Globe.

Bain was a group of smart muthers...they could find undervalued companies and maximize the potential....they could find poorly run companies and perform complete turnarounds in a short period of time....

For the most part they brought positive returns to the companies they bought or supported financially...they damn sure had their share of clunkers but when they are in a risk assessment type business you will miss from time to time....

Bain made hundreds of millions of dollars taking risk with their own resources.....they had the ability to find acquisitions that had high risk but in return they received high return.... being smarter and more aggressive then the competition....and had the ability to make a turnaround happen in a staggeringly short period of time...

Sooner8th
8/8/2014, 09:13 AM

romney - you know who i mean.

It all over the conservative media mocking and derided gore when he sold his network. As for clinton it was on here, questioning his income from speeches and how the state department oked all his speeches.

SoonerorLater
8/8/2014, 10:28 AM
So....how's this truce thing working out so far?

dwarthog
8/8/2014, 10:44 AM
We'll know more after 8th is finished with his 2nd "double whip nonfat chai latte"....

Curly Bill
8/8/2014, 11:08 AM
I just wish he'd figure out what his troll persona is going to be. He went from the self-proclaimed smartest man on the board, to misspelling everything and talking in gibberish.

Makes it hard to play along!

Sooner8th
8/8/2014, 11:10 AM

I'm sticking to it, they still call me names and talk about obamadong, but I understand that's all they got.

olevetonahill
8/8/2014, 11:48 AM

Hes like hamas. He fires a rocket and then We blow his arse away.

Soonerjeepman
8/8/2014, 11:51 AM
such a thing....

you must be talkin about the dems....lol. :very_drunk:

rock on sooner
8/8/2014, 01:44 PM

Ima talkin' 'bout both sides of the aisle...IDM (it don't matter)
who has the upper hand, human frailty prevents nirvana from
existing. As to siding with him, I've tried to calm him down
and he turned on me! I'm arguing pragmatism, you know,
common sense....

Soonerjeepman
8/8/2014, 03:24 PM
common sense....

how dare you~ lol

for the record, yes, both sides are full of $hit right now...ridiculous

Sooner8th
8/8/2014, 04:02 PM
common sense....

rock on - i apologized and thought about what you said.

BetterSoonerThanLater
8/8/2014, 09:39 PM

you have no idea what shows I watch or listen to. you also have no idea of my true political beliefs. you may think you do, but you do not.

finally, the problem isn't with trying to help or better the lives of others. it's the way in which you and your ilk believe only your way is the correct way. only the liberals really care right? isn't that where the term Bleeding Heart comes from?

the fact of the matter is, you have developed a reputation on this board of acting as though you are better than everyone. that your ideas are far superior to everyone. I don't pretend to be the smartest guy in the room, but I know a pretentious insecure prick, who likes to bolster his own ego when I see one. The fact is, you have a specific ideology. one that many people on this board do not share. you will never be successful in your attempt to bring people to your side because you don't know how to build quality relationship with those of which you disagree. quit trying to prove how smart you are, and try building a relationship with us. people may be more receptive to your thoughts and opinions if you would take them time to actually get to know us. otherwise, you just look like some fool that has to attempt to make everyone else feel inferior on a message board, because in the real world, you have no clout.

this isn't meant to bash or try to insult you. frankly I'm tired of your antics, and tired of seeing all the useless banter back and forth. act like a mature adult, understand that people may or may not agree with you. but don't be a jerk. its getting old.

Sooner8th
8/8/2014, 10:41 PM
you have no idea what shows I watch or listen to. you also have no idea of my true political beliefs. you may think you do, but you do not.

finally, the problem isn't with trying to help or better the lives of others. it's the way in which you and your ilk believe only your way is the correct way. only the liberals really care right? isn't that where the term Bleeding Heart comes from?

the fact of the matter is, you have developed a reputation on this board of acting as though you are better than everyone. that your ideas are far superior to everyone. I don't pretend to be the smartest guy in the room, but I know a pretentious insecure prick, who likes to bolster his own ego when I see one. The fact is, you have a specific ideology. one that many people on this board do not share. you will never be successful in your attempt to bring people to your side because you don't know how to build quality relationship with those of which you disagree. quit trying to prove how smart you are, and try building a relationship with us. people may be more receptive to your thoughts and opinions if you would take them time to actually get to know us. otherwise, you just look like some fool that has to attempt to make everyone else feel inferior on a message board, because in the real world, you have no clout.

this isn't meant to bash or try to insult you. frankly I'm tired of your antics, and tired of seeing all the useless banter back and forth. act like a mature adult, understand that people may or may not agree with you. but don't be a jerk. its getting old.

http://yxhealth.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/yawning__1220901657_91071.jpg

Your comment of "a pure utopian environment" is all I need to know about you. More dribble from the right. I am not the one with the "specific ideology", all i see on here is a constant regurgitation of rightwingnut talking points, never stopping to check them out. Tax cuts raise revenues, government regulations are killing entire industries and any lie you can dream up when it comes to democrats like "a pure utopian environment" when that is exactly what republicans promise with no taxes and no government.

Go back and look through the tread titles and you will see what I mean. Look and see how many have threads have been started from these talking points that when you look into it they have left something out or added to it that completely alters what was really said. Even fox "news" says a new outrage on their latest made up crap and the righties go to their front closest and grab their pickforks and torches and head to the streets. I keep wondering when you guys are going to get outrage fatigue, but it seems to be never ending appetite for it.

Curly Bill
8/8/2014, 11:07 PM

Posted a picture of a guy with his mouth wide open. I see what ya did there.

Sooner8th
8/9/2014, 06:53 AM
Posted a picture of a guy with his mouth wide open. I see what ya did there.

So you do see how boring rightwing arguments are.

Curly Bill
8/9/2014, 07:23 AM
So you do see how boring rightwing arguments are.

I see that you posted a picture of a guy with his mouth opened in such a way that it would appeal to you.

But hey, you said rightwing. Obammy owes you another dollar! Good job!!

olevetonahill
8/9/2014, 07:31 AM
I see that you posted a picture of a guy with his mouth opened in such a way that it would appeal to you.

But hey, you said rightwing. Obammy owes you another dollar! Good job!!

nm

Curly Bill
8/9/2014, 07:42 AM
nm

Does 8th need to give you pointers on posting pictures? I mean, since he's the smartest troll on the board and all!

olevetonahill
8/9/2014, 08:20 AM
Does 8th need to give you pointers on posting pictures? I mean, since he's the smartest troll on the board and all!

Naw, the header had the word "co-ck " in it with out the bar. so the filter wouldnt let it post
Just a Pic of Meeshells Cocc Bulge LOL

Curly Bill
8/9/2014, 08:22 AM
Naw, the header had the word "co-ck " in it with out the bar. so the filter wouldnt let it post

That's too bad! Sounds like something 8th woulda loved! Cause he does love him some Obammy co*k bulge - whether it be Barry's or Moochelles.

Turd_Ferguson
8/9/2014, 08:33 AM

How come this janky *** mother ****er won't let me post that pic even when it don't have c-ock in it?

olevetonahill
8/9/2014, 08:34 AM
That's too bad! Sounds like something 8th woulda loved! Cause he does love him some Obammy co*k bulge - whether it be Barry's or Moochelles.

Yea LOL I decided he wernt worth the effort to keep tryin to find a Pic that would Post.

olevetonahill
8/9/2014, 08:35 AM
How come this janky *** mother ****er won't let me post that pic even when it don't have c-ock in it?

Send me the link at the hide out or try using the --- and insertin yer pic location in manually

Turd_Ferguson
8/9/2014, 08:47 AM
Send me the link at the hide out or try using the --- and insertin yer pic location in manually

http://wtpotus.files.wordpress.com/2010/10/michelle-obama-bulge-in-the-wrong-spot.jpg

Curly Bill
8/9/2014, 08:48 AM
That's some nasty stuff, but I bet ya it gets ol 8th's motor running!

olevetonahill
8/9/2014, 09:03 AM
LMFAO.

Sooner8th
8/9/2014, 09:43 AM
That's some nasty stuff, but I bet ya it gets ol 8th's motor running!

Boy that didn't last long. Just a bunch of ignorant *******s.

http://www.troll.me/images/leave-jimmy-alone/leave-us-alone-so-we-can-circle-jerk-in-peace.jpg

Curly Bill
8/9/2014, 10:09 AM
You guys quit picking on me! I can't help it if I like me some obamadong with my Kool Aid.

Easy there big fella. Just rattling your cage a little. It's a free country - Get all of that obamadong you can!

pphilfran
8/9/2014, 11:24 AM
One last time for those with reading comprehension problems...

A tax rate of 0% will not grow revenue...would help individuals buy more since they have more money in their pocket....companies would grow with more money being spent and company coffers full to the brim...but revenue would be zilch....all government would be shut down....hell would break lose in short tme...

A tax rate of 100% would not grow revenue....no money to be spent since it all goes to taxes....no money for companies to grow (not that they would need to since pocketbooks would be empty until the government check shows up in the mailbox)...

Somewhere between those two extremes is the sweet spot...over time the sweet spot will change....a booming economy produces money for everyone and rates could be increased and revenue could grow....a recessionary economy is in a situation where there is less money in everyone's pocketbook..corps have less money to expand (not that they need to since there is a recession going on), in this situation you can lower the tax rate (hurt revenue) to put more money in the peoples pocket...therefor the people have more to spend...

Where is that sweet spot? Nobody really knows...might be higher than the current rate or it might be lower...

Raise rates in any economy, to an excessive level, and you risk slower growth....that Cadillac purchase might get postponed...no new home this year, our current one will suffice....

As far as cap gains it has been shown that by lowering the tax rate you can expect a slowing in revenue in the year prior to the tax decrease...after the lower tax rate is in place the revenue will expand greatly...(this happened in a good economy under Clinton and a poor economy after 911 in Bush's watch....if you increase cap gains rates then you will see revenue moved forward into the last year of the lower rate....over the long term the revenue stream will depend on the economy...crappy economy gives you crappy revenue...smoking economy give you great revenue...

The main driver of revenue is economic growth....nothing else is a close second...

It is not rocket science to understand that excessive rates hamper economic outlook and unreasonably low rates hamper revenue growth...

Rocket science comes into play when trying to find the right combination of economic growth and tax rates/revenue....there is not a single swinging dick around that can positively say what rate is exactly right for each differing economy....

In our current economy with still high unemployment I would raise rates to a small degree...I don't want to do anything to slow the economy further....high increases carry too much risk at the current time...

I wouldn't touch LTCG rates...I want money moving into business to finance growth...STCG rates you can hike to the moon...

Sooner8th
8/9/2014, 01:01 PM
One last time for those with reading comprehension problems...

A tax rate of 0% will not grow revenue...would help individuals buy more since they have more money in their pocket....companies would grow with more money being spent and company coffers full to the brim...but revenue would be zilch....all government would be shut down....hell would break lose in short tme...

A tax rate of 100% would not grow revenue....no money to be spent since it all goes to taxes....no money for companies to grow (not that they would need to since pocketbooks would be empty until the government check shows up in the mailbox)...

Somewhere between those two extremes is the sweet spot...over time the sweet spot will change....a booming economy produces money for everyone and rates could be increased and revenue could grow....a recessionary economy is in a situation where there is less money in everyone's pocketbook..corps have less money to expand (not that they need to since there is a recession going on), in this situation you can lower the tax rate (hurt revenue) to put more money in the peoples pocket...therefor the people have more to spend...

Where is that sweet spot? Nobody really knows...might be higher than the current rate or it might be lower...

Raise rates in any economy, to an excessive level, and you risk slower growth....that Cadillac purchase might get postponed...no new home this year, our current one will suffice....

As far as cap gains it has been shown that by lowering the tax rate you can expect a slowing in revenue in the year prior to the tax decrease...after the lower tax rate is in place the revenue will expand greatly...(this happened in a good economy under Clinton and a poor economy after 911 in Bush's watch....if you increase cap gains rates then you will see revenue moved forward into the last year of the lower rate....over the long term the revenue stream will depend on the economy...crappy economy gives you crappy revenue...smoking economy give you great revenue...

The main driver of revenue is economic growth....nothing else is a close second...

It is not rocket science to understand that excessive rates hamper economic outlook and unreasonably low rates hamper revenue growth...

Rocket science comes into play when trying to find the right combination of economic growth and tax rates/revenue....there is not a single swinging dick around that can positively say what rate is exactly right for each differing economy....

In our current economy with still high unemployment I would raise rates to a small degree...I don't want to do anything to slow the economy further....high increases carry too much risk at the current time...

I wouldn't touch LTCG rates...I want money moving into business to finance growth...STCG rates you can hike to the moon...

Growth is always the driver of tax revenues not rates. You talk about being able to cut rates in a recession and being able to raise rates in a growing economy, then you say raising rates will slow the any economy, so never raise taxes?

As for the crappy economy under bush cg taxes were cut in 2003, the market had bottomed out and it went up from ~8,000 to ~10,000 that year ending up at ~14,000 a couple of years later.

I only things that should be done with cg taxes is to drop the carried interest part of it, that is their job and their income they should be paying the same taxes and you and I, second have a level at which the cg income turns into regular income, if someones income is from cg or dividends they should be paying the same taxes and you and I. If you made it at half a million, or something like that, the little investors trying to get in on the market could have lower taxes then anything over it should be taxed as regular income.

pphilfran
8/9/2014, 01:49 PM
We should not raise taxes in the down times and lower taxes during the good times....

Long term investment spurs economic growth....there are risks involved....I favor lower LTCG taxes and hammering the **** out of STCG....

Curly Bill
8/9/2014, 01:58 PM
I favor all of the losers that voted for Obammy having the entirety of what wealth they have accumulated confiscated as penance for their stupidity.

Meanwhile, those of us with brains, and thus chose not to vote for Obammy, can skip out on taxes until we can elect a POTUS with a clue.

Sooner8th
8/9/2014, 02:03 PM
We should not raise taxes in the down times and lower taxes during the good times....

Long term investment spurs economic growth....there are risks involved....I favor lower LTCG taxes and hammering the **** out of STCG....

What about carried interest?

pphilfran
8/9/2014, 02:12 PM
That is a difficult question...some allowances could/should be done away with...performance pay at a lower rate in place of a salary as an example...

For the most part I favor it....

Sooner8th
8/9/2014, 02:16 PM
I favor all of the losers that voted for Obammy having the entirety of what wealth they have accumulated confiscated as penance for their stupidity.

Meanwhile, those of us with brains, and thus chose not to vote for Obammy, can skip out on taxes until we can elect a POTUS with a clue.

So you do believe in income redistribution, as long as it's not yours that is not being redistributed.

I favor all of the losers that voted for dubya having the entirety of what wealth they have accumulated confiscated as penance for their stupidity.

Meanwhile, those of us with brains, and thus chose not to vote for dubya, can skip out on taxes until we can elect a POTUS with a clue.

After all it was dubya who got us into the mess obammy got us out of.

pphilfran
8/9/2014, 02:23 PM
Are you not capable of being civil?

Sooner8th
8/9/2014, 02:25 PM
That is a difficult question...some allowances could/should be done away with...performance pay at a lower rate in place of a salary as an example...

For the most part I favor it....

My primary reason is that is their job and would not effect the investments they make. A second reason is hedge fund managers, wall street and ceo's are growing into a ruling class where they expect to make millions upon millions of dollars a year and not pay any taxes or have to perform. Wall street crashed the economy, in my opinion mostly through fraud, not one of them went to jail, then they had the audacity to be butt hurt when obama "talked bad" about them. Now they seem to think they shouldn't have to pay taxes. I think a big part of the reason the economy is growing slower then what is expected is that ceo's and the incestuous boards they put together is more interested in their own and their buddies pay than building anything that can last and grow, it's all about right now and gettin' those stock options.

Sooner8th
8/9/2014, 02:26 PM

Who are your talking to?

olevetonahill
8/9/2014, 02:27 PM

He never has been yet from his 1st post. Thats why I choose to ignore his crazy crackerass.

Curly Bill
8/9/2014, 02:30 PM
So you do believe in income redistribution, as long as it's not yours that is not being redistributed.

I favor all of the losers that voted for dubya having the entirety of what wealth they have accumulated confiscated as penance for their stupidity.

Meanwhile, those of us with brains, and thus chose not to vote for dubya, can skip out on taxes until we can elect a POTUS with a clue.

What has Obammy got anyone out of except their jobs?

...and you out of your clothes apparently.

Curly Bill
8/9/2014, 02:31 PM
He never has been yet from his 1st post. Thats why I choose to ignore his crazy crackerass.

It's like when he went full retard and was given the perma boot, he came back even more full retard in his troll persona.

pphilfran
8/9/2014, 02:37 PM

This chicken **** post...

pphilfran
8/9/2014, 02:51 PM

this isn't meant to bash or try to insult you. frankly I'm tired of your antics, and tired of seeing all the useless banter back and understand that people may or may not agree with you. but don't be a jerk. its getting old.

This is some excellent advice

Sooner8th
8/9/2014, 02:55 PM
This chicken **** post...

HAHAHAHAHAHA cracks me up.

So you do believe in income redistribution, as long as it's not yours that is being redistributed.

The middle two is verbatim of what he said just changing the names. First is just a lil gig. Last one all true.

Sooner8th
8/9/2014, 03:00 PM
This is some excellent advice

Typical of the right, get all butt hurt with a lil gig and mocking, but expect to say with impunity anything they want. Go back and check the obamadong references long before i posted that.

Now if you would like to continue the carried interest and ruling class conversation, I'd like to know what think.

Curly Bill
8/9/2014, 03:14 PM
Typical of the right, point out how I'm a loser and get all butt hurt when they have to pay taxes to support me and people like me. Go back and check where I said how much I love obamadong.
Now if you would like to continue hearing me explain how much of my self-worth is invested in Obammy I'd like to tell you how wonderful he is.

I'd like to hear it. Maybe tell us a Chris Matthews like story how it sent tingles up your leg when Obammy was elected.

Sooner8th
8/9/2014, 03:45 PM
I'd like to hear it. Maybe tell us a Chris Matthews like story how it sent tingles up your leg when Obammy was elected.

Tell us how you felt when you voted for bush. Twice.

olevetonahill
8/9/2014, 04:02 PM
Typical of the right, get all butt hurt with a lil gig and mocking, but expect to say with impunity anything they want. Go back and check the obamadong references long before i posted that.

Now if you would like to continue the carried interest and ruling class conversation, I'd like to know what think.

Hey ya moronic dildo. You being a Smug, self righteous, condescending, arrogant,Knows more than any one else [hell any 3 of us combined] arsehole of a Prick. Started with you FIRST post. ya got called a Moran that was all Then YOU go off . Go **** yourself.'

Sooner8th
8/9/2014, 04:41 PM
Hey ya moronic dildo. You being a Smug, self righteous, condescending, arrogant,Knows more than any one else [hell any 3 of us combined] arsehole of a Prick. Started with you FIRST post. ya got called a Moran that was all Then YOU go off . Go **** yourself.'

You first you ignorant hillbilly.

ya got called a Moran that was all Then YOU go off

So calling me a moron was ok? right?

Sooner8th
8/9/2014, 04:48 PM

Let's get this straight - you called me a moron on my first post and I was suppose to take it and be happy. Now I point out the obvious about the taking of any wealth for those who voted for obama and you guys get your little girl panties in a twist. Typical hypocrites from the right - you can dish it but you can't take it. Hit too close to home for you? F

olevetonahill
8/9/2014, 06:13 PM
Let's get this straight - you called me a moron on my first post and I was suppose to take it and be happy. Now I point out the obvious about the taking of any wealth for those who voted for obama and you guys get your little girl panties in a twist. Typical hypocrites from the right - you can dish it but you can't take it. Hit too close to home for you? F

You are pathetic little man aint ya.

No ones sayin we cant "TAKE IT" we just shovel it right back at ya and Laugh at you.

And No it wasnt your "first" post think you had about 30 er so when I realized you are a Mother****ing IDIOT.

So keep on Pointing as you say and we will keep on laughing at yer ignorant asz.

Sooner8th
8/9/2014, 06:52 PM
You are pathetic little man aint ya.

No ones sayin we cant "TAKE IT" we just shovel it right back at ya and Laugh at you.

And No it wasnt your "first" post think you had about 30 er so when I realized you are a Mother****ing IDIOT.

So keep on Pointing as you say and we will keep on laughing at yer ignorant asz.

Typical - changing your story.

You don't think I laugh my *** off at you?

Curly Bill
8/9/2014, 08:05 PM
Typical - you don't understand my love of the obamadong.

You don't think my attachment to it is laughable do you?

No. Perfectly reasonable for you to be fixated on what you most love.

Sooner8th
8/9/2014, 09:01 PM
Perfectly reasonable for me to be fixated on little boys who I most love.

This is fun.

olevetonahill
8/9/2014, 09:41 PM
Typical - changing your story.

You don't think I laugh my *** off at you?

Just what story am I changing ya Moran?

Hell I know You Laugh at us. Dont much GAS either. Ive encountered Morans like You before who sit and stare at the wall an giggle like a little girl.

Sooner8th
8/9/2014, 10:01 PM
Just what story am I changing ya Moran?

Hell I know You Laugh at us. Dont much GAS either. Ive encountered Morans like You before who sit and stare at the wall an giggle like a little girl.

Hey ya moronic dildo. You being a Smug, self righteous, condescending, arrogant,Knows more than any one else [hell any 3 of us combined] arsehole of a Prick. Started with you FIRST post. ya got called a Moran that was all Then YOU go off . Go **** yourself.

First you say first post then you say it's 30th post, which is it?

obviously you are so ****ing stupid you don't know the difference between 1 and 30.

olevetonahill
8/9/2014, 10:12 PM
First you say first post then you say it's 30th post, which is it?

obviously you are so ****ing stupid you don't know the difference between 1 and 30.

I never said I called you a Moran from your first post, YOU did ya ****ing Moran.

http://archive.4chon.net/edu/11467/src_1347003895434.jpg

Curly Bill
8/9/2014, 11:57 PM
This is yummy! Obamadong and Kool Aid. I could have both all the time and be sooooo happy!

I know you could.

Sooner8th
8/9/2014, 11:57 PM
I never said I called you a Moran from your first post, YOU did ya ****ing Moran.

http://archive.4chon.net/edu/11467/src_1347003895434.jpg

Yeah ya did

Started with you FIRST post. ya got called a Moran

This is where you and yours got lose all credibility. You'll deny it and call me an idiot, or loser or some other childish school yards taunt. Then the others on here will agree with you then drop trou form a circle and pleasure yourselves, as I laugh my *** off at you and yours.

olevetonahill
8/10/2014, 06:48 AM
Yeah ya did

This is where you and yours got lose all credibility. You'll deny it and call me an idiot, or loser or some other childish school yards taunt. Then the others on here will agree with you then drop trou form a circle and pleasure yourselves, as I laugh my *** off at you and yours.

Post a LINK to that post , showing Thread and Post number.

You sound like an immature spoiled little whine bag .

BetterSoonerThanLater
8/12/2014, 04:57 PM

Your comment of "a pure utopian environment" is all I need to know about you. More dribble from the right. I am not the one with the "specific ideology", all i see on here is a constant regurgitation of rightwingnut talking points, never stopping to check them out. Tax cuts raise revenues, government regulations are killing entire industries and any lie you can dream up when it comes to democrats like "a pure utopian environment" when that is exactly what republicans promise with no taxes and no government.

Go back and look through the tread titles and you will see what I mean. Look and see how many have threads have been started from these talking points that when you look into it they have left something out or added to it that completely alters what was really said. Even fox "news" says a new outrage on their latest made up crap and the righties go to their front closest and grab their pickforks and torches and head to the streets. I keep wondering when you guys are going to get outrage fatigue, but it seems to be never ending appetite for it.

This is exactly what I'm talking about. You completely missed the point of my post. I didn't ask you for a lecture, I was simply trying to get you to understand why you have been so unsuccessful at getting people to listen to you. The fact of the matter is, you're so narrow minded in your thinking, that you try to paint everyone who doesn't think like you with a broad sweeping brush. It is that type of thinking that actually hurts your cause. Like the idea of a utopian environment, people will not accept it.

With that said, I'm trying to understand why you try so hard to make people seem inferior, or better yet, that they are wrong. Obviously, you are not going to convert anyone--you neither have the relationship established, nor do you have the ability to sell people on your bull****. Why are you here?
Are you trying to prove something to everyone? Is our little community of SoonerFans so disruptive to your political beliefs, that you feel you are a one man army changing the pubs on this board one at a time? Your time would be better spent pounding sand.

Notice I don't need to resort to name calling or derogatory terms to say how I feel about you. Contempt. I can't wait till football starts, what are you going to do when no one want to come play on the Obama board with you because they are all over talking about something we all love, rather than waste energy on your b.s.