PDA

View Full Version : obama's visit to kc

Soonerjeepman
7/30/2014, 06:10 PM
meh....one dude said he'd meet him 3 times..."it was a true blessing...inside...to meet him"...WTH?

Honestly, I'd NEVER say that about meeting ANY president...Reagan, Bush, Nixon, Clinton...ANY..well, maybe Washington! lol.

One lady was invited to eat with him...a community activists, black, which is fine, but AGAIN, the responsibility of the neighborhood is on THEM and the people living there. All I hear from the urban activists is we need people caring, we need this and that....quit talking about it and do it~ your own people don't GAS~

Sooner24
8/4/2014, 06:09 PM
But they did eat at Arthur Bryant's.

:encouragement:

Sooner8th
8/4/2014, 06:41 PM

I was in KC all week and didn't know about it until the night before, too late to get tickets or I would have went.

He asked for coleslaw and they were out, which kinda gave everyone an chuckle. He should have went to Oklahoma Joe's they have better bbq. They did order a bunch of bbq from four different places to feed everyone on the plane back to DC.

olevetonahill
8/4/2014, 10:19 PM
Did they Get em some watermelon for desert?

Soonerjeepman
8/4/2014, 10:36 PM

not a big AB fan...

I'm sure the fact it's in the hood was a determining factor.

Sooner8th
8/5/2014, 04:51 AM
not a big AB fan...

Well.....it's more in the "hood", 18th and brooklyn has more white people at lunch than a morman church on sunday. He went there because it's iconic, hell even reagan ate there. OK joes is the best but be ready to burn your morning waiting in line to get served, i just saw a list of the longest lines worth waiting in for food and it was number one in the country.

salth2o
8/5/2014, 07:03 AM
not a big AB fan...

Well.....it's more in the "hood", 18th and brooklyn has more white people at lunch than a morman church on sunday. He went there because it's iconic, hell even reagan ate there. OK joes is the best but be ready to burn your morning waiting in line to get served, i just saw a list of the longest lines worth waiting in for food and it was number one in the country.

Oklahoma joes is worth the wait. Something about Arthur Bryant's beans and burnt ends that keep me coming back. Both are good, but totally different styles of BBQ.

Teh POTUS has I problemss cutting in line at other famous "long line" BBQ joints. *see his visit to franklins in Austin.

Sooner8th
8/5/2014, 08:44 AM
Oklahoma joes is worth the wait. Something about Arthur Bryant's beans and burnt ends that keep me coming back. Both are good, but totally different styles of BBQ.

Teh POTUS has I problemss cutting in line at other famous "long line" BBQ joints. *see his visit to franklins in Austin.

1. He is the most powerful man in the world and he has better things to do with his time.

2. There are significant security concerns with him standing in line.

3. It is less intrusive if he "cuts" in line and gets his food and gets out.

4. He did apologize and offer to pay for their food.

5. Awful petty to complain about this.

olevetonahill
8/5/2014, 08:51 AM
1. He is the most powerful man in the world and he has better things to do with his time.

2. There are significant security concerns with him standing in line.

3. It is less intrusive if he "cuts" in line and gets his food and gets out.

4. He did apologize and offer to pay for their food.

5. Awful petty to complain about this.

Can I complain about THIS"

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BrycXQrIAAMqJvc.jpg:large

okie52
8/5/2014, 09:13 AM

From what I know of Franklins in Austin it's at least a 3 hour wait on any day of the week. Someone told me people are even hired from Craig's list to stand in line for people.